• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 01-34
So my brother was watching this over the weekend subbed, and I was pretty much half watching it while watching my terrible vampire show.
I won't lie, the duels makes no more sense than it does in the dubbed. I mean there were more rules that were explained in the sub which the dub just ignores like no direct attacking and how long the tournament actually was, but seeing cards play with no real regard for the actual rules is pretty much hilarious.
I will say, Pegasus is even more fabulous in the sub and there's still way too much talking in the show.

survivor

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh! 01-34
So my brother was watching this over the weekend subbed, and I was pretty much half watching it while watching my terrible vampire show.
I won't lie, the duels makes no more sense than it does in the dubbed. I mean there were more rules that were explained in the sub which the dub just ignores like no direct attacking and how long the tournament actually was, but seeing cards play with no real regard for the actual rules is pretty much hilarious.
I will say, Pegasus is even more fabulous in the sub and there's still way too much talking in the show.

Are you gonna keep watching? Battle City was my favourite arc, those god cards, the villains, Kaiba, it had it all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yu-Gi-Oh! 01-34

The Duelist Kingdom arc pretty much just makes up rules as it goes along and often treats cards like objects with actual physical properties that can affect the game regardless of the play rules written on the card. Infamous examples of this are Yugi using Makiu The Magical Mist to dampen Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth so that it could be electrocuted by Summoned Skull and using Catapult Turtle to launch monsters at Castle of Dark Illusion's "floatation ring" so that it would collapse and crush the enemy monsters trapped underneath it. It's pretty ridiculous stuff.

Duels become much more realistic when you hit the Battle City arc, though throughout the series there's always fantastical hax bullshit that defies the rules of the game like the Egyptian God Cards, Seal of Oreichalcos, etc.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 17

bUnYd.jpg

The best part of this episode was all the cute faces Akane makes, and Reika trolling everyone.

and Cure Gorilla.

rvCYM.jpg

The stuff of nightmares

The Precure's comedy routine was a lot funnier than any of the jokes that the real comedians did, I would say that Japanese humor just doesn't carry over well but Gintama disagrees.

Next episode is a Nao episode!

Also, hipster wolfrun was fighting the precur-

Dammit Mad Pierrot, stealing the best joke. :(

Hearing in the Kore wa Zombie dub, Magical Garment Girl for masou shoujo was kind of odd, thought it translated to something differently. Not an award winning dub, but not that bad. It will take awhile to get used to this Ayumu, sounds way less into the role than the JPN Va for him.

Hearing in the Kore wa Zombie dub, Magical Garment Girl for masou shoujo was kind of odd, thought it translated to something differently. Not an award winning dub, but not that bad. It will take awhile to get used to this Ayumu, sounds way less into the role than the JPN Va for him.

Well, those voices are far from what I imagined, but it does not sound terrible. I do want to own this series eventually, but since it is not on my "must-have-now" list and the whole Kadokakwa issue, I will wait until a later release to buy this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Monster 1-36
I was initially hesitant to begin this series because I found it impossible to believe it would maintain any semblance of quality when drawn out to such length. In most respects, the series is masterful, but I find myself quickly tiring of it, and little is done to step outside of the boundaries it set up early on. Tenma has grown to be an incredibly dull character on screen who doesn't move the plot forward, so thankfully the series seems to throw others into the center of the stage. This winds up being true of many characters. Development seems to halt in many situations, and exposition is thorough but drawn out. Lunge has also gotten to be painfully predictable in his movements and actions. I'm still interested, but I wish the show did more to surprise me (although the overtly spoilery episode descriptions Netflix uses probably don't help).

Best characters so far: Eva and Richard

My brother isn't really an anime person, but when he sat in the room he somehow picked up on Deiter's voice actor being Naruto. I was mostly confused that my brother knew what the Japanese voice of Naruto sounded like, but it was still kind of mind bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom