• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Fujikoike today! Man was this awesome: Green Jacket direction once more, great balance between fun humor and some very serious development of the L.Y.A. case (and it's all about Fujiko now), and it's developing everything correctly.

1 = 2 = 9 > 5 = 6 = 8 > 4 > 3 > 7—so far. We'll have three more episodes of playful scenarios and nifty development, methinks, but only if the stride hit here and in the last episode can be maintained. Most of all, though, I think Sayo and the episode directors are starting to go for a more deliberate Green Jacket approach to the directing, mixing Sayo's seriousness with the mature humor employed in the old Osumi episodes to maximum effect. We even got a cool set-piece this time around.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
K-On! 1

Some girl, who is ever so slightly retarded, decides to join a music club. I don't know. I hope there is some fighting soon.

Seriously though, it was a solid episode. I could see myself watching it out of the sheer whimsy on display, really nice animation too. I originally wanted to watch an episode or two out of curiousity (no thanks to this place), but I can see myself giving this a chance. Against all the odds I actually enjoyed Haruhi, so stranger things have happened. This seems to get a bit of flak from some corners, but it's a bit of harmless fun as far I'm concerned.

hmm, not sure about the dig at animeGaf, we (mostly) like K-on! :p

But it's a pretty fun show, and the second season gets quite a bit better, so stick with it!

-Minsc-

My thoughts exactly.

My first thought.

vampire-hunter-d-bloodlust-1.jpg

Theonik

hmm, not sure about the dig at animeGaf, we (mostly) like K-on! :p

But it's a pretty fun show, and the second season gets quite a bit better, so stick with it!
Yeah it's a vocal minority if anything. It's a very fun and most importantly well made show despite it's relatively simple premise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So they won't even expand on that in the anime? Oh well, I was planning on reading the manga afterwards anyway.
Well, it's an eleven episode series, so you can imagine how much they'll be able to adapt.

Yeah it's a vocal minority if anything. It's a very fun and most importantly well made show despite it's relatively simple premise.
K-on!! is still the best show of 2010 and the best movie of 2011!

Kemeko DX Ep. 2
i1eI3CBKWoOa5.jpg

A Ghost in the Shell reference, huh.
iXGGjt0HY73tT.jpg

How :cajun.
Another decent episode. Humor still isn't to my taste, but it got a few chuckles out me. This scene went on for too long. No major action sequences this week. :( Production values were not significantly lower than the previous episode, though. At least the show is visually interesting, most of the time. More forced emotional scenes, which are always indicated by the musical score.

K-On! 1

Some girl, who is ever so slightly retarded, decides to join a music club. I don't know. I hope there is some fighting soon.

Seriously though, it was a solid episode. I could see myself watching it out of the sheer whimsy on display, really nice animation too. I originally wanted to watch an episode or two out of curiousity (no thanks to this place), but I can see myself giving this a chance. Against all the odds I actually enjoyed Haruhi, so stranger things have happened. This seems to get a bit of flak from some corners, but it's a bit of harmless fun as far I'm concerned.

My work here is done.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm getting like four, maybe five 5-minute intervals to visit this thread during the day, and every single one of those today were spent staring at Error 500 and Error 503 pages :(

That's not moe, that's pheromones, she has way too many of them. And yes that's canon.

wat.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I'm getting like four, maybe five 5-minute intervals to visit this thread during the day, and every single one of those today were spent staring at Error 500 and Error 503 pages :(

Yup, that problem's been inflicting gaf a lot recently. I'm worried about E3 now. :(

That's pretty interesting. Definitely weird choices, but I like how shounen movies usually get different directors compared to the TV series. Keeps it fresh.

I'm thinking in this case, they just want to keep the anime alive. It is EXTREMELY close to the manga and ratings are apparently dropping since they're in the middle of a filler arc, so they want to make the movie a massive success.

Ultimadrago

You intruded NeoGAF's personal space by being too clingy. "Don't leave me again, NeoGAF."

:(

survivor

Banned
Princess Jellyfish 3

9oa32.jpg

Never ask a group of lonely otaku women what they do for living

I loved this episode. More background info on Kuranosuke.
I'm kinda surprised his parents know about this and seem fine with it. With a politician family I thought the dad would be against it in case of a scandal happening. Looks like the brother got a crush on Tsukimi. Love triangle incoming?

The Tower of Druaga ~ the Aegis of Uruk~ 02
Going along with hands.
So, I guess a set up episode or something. Sure, main hero meets the main heroine so good for that. I am liking the variety of weaponary and powers that are getting used here. With a mage that's casting spells into pretty much an old fashioned microphone and a lance where the blade spins, the action-y stuff looks good. Not really sure where the plot is really gonna go though, unless let's climb this ancient tower is really a good plot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bad as each other.

One is a music show that ends up being about drinking tea.

The other is a demon fighting show that ends up being about making as many references as possible.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You could make a show that on paper sounds appalling, like the daily lives of benefit cheats, but someone out there will find one of the characters moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom