• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Akibaranger 8

akibaranger8.jpg
such horrifying helmets should be best left to the imagination

See Envelope, I don't need to worry about people like you when I have heathens like this to deal with!
Keep on fighting the (mostly) good fight!
I still don't like K-on.
one day, you will all see the error of your ways and learn to accept Keion! as your personal lord and saviour

K-On will never beat the old Tetleys adverts for drinking tea moe.
and nothing ever will

Kazzy

K-On will never beat the old Tetleys adverts for drinking tea moe.

Those chimps were freaky as hell! They were better than the stuffed version that they have now been replaced with though.

The fog has cleared, forum normality has been resumed! I had to abandon the IRC after a while, it gets to you.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Star Driver 1
just because

I never knew mechs could be fabulous. But now I have seen the light. The animation was up to Bone's standards, apart from the ugly cg gears, but the story so far made no sense, Bones apparently thinks we are unworthy to actually receive any sort of explanation about anything going on. Also, I fucking hate it when the there's a fucking high school filled with fucking high school students who then do fucking stupid shit like try to secretly rule the fucking world and everyone motherfucking knows about it but doesn't give a single fucking shit about it while their classmates go around fucking mindraping girls and kidnapping people and FUCK THIS SHIT

Actually, apart from that one aspect, this was reasonably enjoyable, it has magical boy transformations, all that colour reminds me of Tsuritame, and it has fabulous mechs!

JHAsz.jpg

I can already see the romance subplot ending, Wako will dither between the two until the final episode where one will sacrifice himself or something after she confesses to him or some such shit.

Articalys

The latest in sales reports from anime-related games:

03./00. [PSP] Uta no * Prince-Sama: Debut (Ah! My Prince's Song: Debut) (Broccoli) - 61,376 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] The Idolm@ster: Gravure For You! Vol. 8 (Namco Bandai) - 16,670 / NEW
12./00. [PS3] Steins; Gate Double Pack (5pb) - 9,223 / NEW
15./01. [PSP] My Sister Can't Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Continue (Namco Bandai) - 6,753 / 59,929 (-87%)
18./00. [PS3] Steins; Gate: Hiyoku Renri no Darling (5pb) - 5,397 / NEW

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

03./00. [PSP] Uta no * Prince-Sama: Debut (Ah! My Prince's Song: Debut) (Broccoli) - 61,376 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] The Idolm@ster: Gravure For You! Vol. 8 (Namco Bandai) - 16,670 / NEW
15./01. [PSP] My Sister Can't Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Continue (Namco Bandai) - 6,753 / 59,929 (-87%)

Uta-Prince selling more than Oreimo makes me happy.

Reknoc

PG Tip Monkeys?

Chimps drinking tea isn't really moe, in fact I think it borders animal cruelty.

Those chimps were freaky as hell! They were better than the stuffed version that they have now been replaced with though.

The fog has cleared, forum normality has been resumed! I had to abandon the IRC after a while, it gets to you.

True story: I actually got ITV Digital set up in my bedroom simply because it came with a free life sized version of Monkey.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

The Steins;Gate numbers are higher than I was expecting.

Considering both games have already been released multiple times, I mean. Good stuff.

It's amazing that the power of pretty singing boys can beat cute little sisters.

Makoto

Gurren Lagann 8

I want to
cry but I refuse to accept it. I keep telling myself Kamina is going to be revived somehow.

survivor

Banned
So animegaf, can you guys tell me about the Patlabor franchise? What kind of mecha anime it is? And what's the proper order of watching it?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So after putting it off for several years, I think I'll start ripping all the DVDs in my anime collection I've built up over the past 10 years to my media repository. As I likely have around a few hundred discs, I'm guessing this will take a while. :(

Risette

A Good Citizen
So after putting it off for several years, I think I'll start ripping all the DVDs in my anime collection I've built up over the past 10 years to my media repository. As I likely have around a few hundred discs, I'm guessing this will take a while. :(
Are you just doing DVD ISO dumps?

Risette

A Good Citizen
My first Oshii will be Angel's Egg. Gotta start from the bottom of the timeline, if you're me anyway.
But...Beautiful Dreamer

I'm planning on using Handbrake to rip separate eps w/ both JP and EN audio tracks and subs that can be toggled on or off. Will only bother with extras if they're interesting.
I'd be prepared for a bad outcome on several discs if you're reencoding. Anime doesn't easily IVTC well.

Also, some anime are VFR.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Star Driver 1
just because

I never knew mechs could be fabulous. But now I have seen the light. The animation was up to Bone's standards, apart from the ugly cg gears, but the story so far made no sense, Bones apparently thinks we are unworthy to actually receive any sort of explanation about anything going on. Also, I fucking hate it when the there's a fucking high school filled with fucking high school students who then do fucking stupid shit like try to secretly rule the fucking world and everyone motherfucking knows about it but doesn't give a single fucking shit about it while their classmates go around fucking mindraping girls and kidnapping people and FUCK THIS SHIT

Actually, apart from that one aspect, this was reasonably enjoyable, it has magical boy transformations, all that colour reminds me of Tsuritame, and it has fabulous mechs!

Be prepared for reused shit. Anyway, I liked the OST a lot for the show. The show, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom