• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ace o Nerae! 18-21:

Everybody wants to tighten Oka's racket. So many emotions swirling in her maiden heart! Maki is a creeper.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aim for the Yuri:

8GnYpl.jpg

Yuri mufflers for Solune.

taZ2Nl.jpg

Tired after some school quad sex.

Gaogaigar end

9kcYn.jpg

Hell yeah I'm a hero!

Very strong ending. So tense. I seriously believed
they were gonna go for a downer ending with this one.
What a pleasant surprise. Gaogaigar fighting while
pieces of it inhabited by the A.I. of the other robots crumble while they all say encouraging things
was badass and emotional as hell. Might be a tad cliche, but the execution was perfect. Very nice touch.

Don't really have the motivation to write up a big thing about the series as a whole. I thought it was just okay for the most part, but that could just be I have trouble getting into older mecha shows. I have no doubt in my mind that if this part of the digital era, it would be only a step down from Gurren Lagann tier. You can kind of tell this had a hand in inspiring TTGL (and probably Heartcatch too). Pretty happy I watched it.

Grzi

Gaogaigar end

Now watch Final, the best thing about GaoGaiGar.

And while you're at it, you might want to give Getter Robo Armageddon a shot (I will never stop pimping this show).

Anyway, finished Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt the other day and I liked it much more than I thought I would. It was fun and quirky, the first few episodes were not really good but it stepped up after a while. By the end I ended up liking the cast and wanting more of their adventures. The jokes weren't very funny, but I honestly don't believe the goal was to make the jokes laugh out loud funny anyway. The animation was great throughout.

Also X-Men, which was much better than it should be. I think the story could have been resolved in like two episodes, but I didn't mind really. The visuals were superb, so you'll definitely want to watch this for the eye candy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gurren Lagann 15

I went ahead and watched the next 7 episodes and shiiiiiieeeeetttt... I feel like I need to take a breather. I can't wait to see what they do the latter half of the series.

Sadly, the second half is worse than the first in most ways. :(

Medaka Box 9

Ladies and gentlemen, we have genre shift! Courtesy of Unzen.

Gainax definitely knows how to do action with a sense of tension. I just know it's going to hurt when this ends if this episode is any indication on how they would handle later post-genre shift scenes.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Cow Mootena 16

Moo.

There was some creative use of sound effects and stuff here, but I hate these episodes and everyone in them. Tsuwamooki is still awful. And Nanami is so insufferable that I can't even enjoy watching her unwittingly embarrass herself. Or... whatever it is that happened here.

Such a lazy episode that they couldn't even justify a logical in-scene reason for the shadow people to show up, soo they literally throw the backdrop in the middle of a field.

KjuBS.jpg

No, that wouldn't satisfy Chitanda.

There's only one moore Nanami episode, right?

Soma

Medaka Box Episode 09

Picked back up because Unzen.

Coincidentally all the scenes with him were pretty great.

Shiranui is still entertaining.

Everything else was... pretty meh for the most part.

Looking forward to seeing how the next episode turns out.

sleepykyo

Medaka Box 9

Ladies and gentlemen, we have genre shift! Courtesy of Unzen.

Gainax definitely knows how to do action with a sense of tension. I just know it's going to hurt when this ends if this episode is any indication on how they would handle later post-genre shift scenes.

That's a big swing. I was expecting some thing like Ranma when they aren't doing the serious arcs.

Thoraxes

Medaka Box - 09

I went into this series knowing none of the manga content. So, all I can say was that this episode was pretty cool and I look forward to more.

Articalys

If Medaka Box really is twelve episodes and they continue their precise two-chapters-per-episode pace, this is going to end up in a weird spot.

Anyway, episode 9 was alright. Can't wait for next week.

wonzo

Banned
Koikelupin 9

moe~

edit: My single biggest issue with this show is the fact that it has completely and utterly failed at fleshing out Fujiko as a character to the point where I'm far more emotionally attached to every other major character that isn't her. This becomes a huge problem when the show requires me to sympathise with her plight as whenever it does, it completely and utterly falls flat. It reminds me of just how empty and soulless Ponyo felt when I watched it.

Branduil

Star Driver 1
just because

I never knew mechs could be fabulous. But now I have seen the light. The animation was up to Bone's standards, apart from the ugly cg gears, but the story so far made no sense, Bones apparently thinks we are unworthy to actually receive any sort of explanation about anything going on. Also, I fucking hate it when the there's a fucking high school filled with fucking high school students who then do fucking stupid shit like try to secretly rule the fucking world and everyone motherfucking knows about it but doesn't give a single fucking shit about it while their classmates go around fucking mindraping girls and kidnapping people and FUCK THIS SHIT

Actually, apart from that one aspect, this was reasonably enjoyable, it has magical boy transformations, all that colour reminds me of Tsuritame, and it has fabulous mechs!

I hope you liked the first episode because you're not done seeing it.

Medaka Box 9
tumblr_m4vxw8NmKp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess it would have felt more impactful if we didn't know it was coming. Unzen was great though, he needed even more screentime. Definitely in my top three (Zenkichi, Akune, Unzen). Unzen sounds like a mixture of Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) and Komatsu (Toriko).

I wish it played out differently, surely the other council members are competent
fighters
?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So I watched ep 1 and 2 of AKB0048 because I remember initial impressions here being interesting. Then up to 5. It's gone off the grimdark path quite easily (boo), veering closely into moeshit, but I do enjoy the absurdity of it so far and hope there is more of that. At least there's some mystery going on.

It's the only thing I've started and want to see more of at least.
Gaogaigar end
Very strong ending. So tense. I seriously believed
they were gonna go for a downer ending with this one.
What a pleasant surprise. Gaogaigar fighting while
pieces of it inhabited by the A.I. of the other robots crumble while they all say encouraging things
was badass and emotional as hell. Might be a tad cliche, but the execution was perfect. Very nice touch.

Don't really have the motivation to write up a big thing about the series as a whole. I thought it was just okay for the most part, but that could just be I have trouble getting into older mecha shows. I have no doubt in my mind that if this part of the digital era, it would be only a step down from Gurren Lagann tier. You can kind of tell this had a hand in inspiring TTGL (and probably Heartcatch too). Pretty happy I watched it.
Glad you enjoyed watching it. Now go watch FINAL.
[AKB0048] - 5
I went back to read your post if it makes you feel better. I do appreciate these, but the thread moves too damn fast.

Articalys

The next set of SaiMecha results are out.
Turn A Gundam vs Tauburn (72.3% vs 27.7%)

Kshatriya vs YF-29 Durandal (61.84% vs 38.16%)

Scopedog vs Escaflowne (47.18% vs 52.82%)

Aquarion EVOL vs Gao Gai Gar (25.74% vs 74.26%)

Gunbuster vs Unicorn Gundam (63.76% vs 36.24%)

Tachikoma vs GP-03 Dendrobium (38.73% vs 61.27%)

Gouf Custom vs Gurren Mk. II (65.33% vs 34.67%)

Black Getter vs Giant Robo (55.73% vs 44.27%)

cajunator

Banned
If Medaka Box really is twelve episodes and they continue their precise two-chapters-per-episode pace, this is going to end up in a weird spot.

I really can't see how the show can only be 12 episodes. It will have to be so rushed or else seemingly cut off right in the middle.

wonzo

Banned
So I watched ep 1 and 2 of AKB0048 because I remember initial impressions here being interesting. Then up to 5. It's gone off the grimdark path quite easily (boo), veering closely into moeshit, but I do enjoy the absurdity of it so far and hope there is more of that. At least there's some mystery going on.

It's the only thing I've started and want to see more of at least.
you should watch Earth Maiden Arjuna before it's too late.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

It'll definitely end with
the three holding Medaka after the fight and a tease for the Flask Plan arc we'll never get.

They'll manage it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom