• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~ 05
VLJ1k.jpg
Best episode ever.
First we get transforming magic orbs which leads to so much possibilities. Make the anime an 8-bit anime? Check. Transform everyone into opposite genders? Check. Dress everyone up in animal outfits? Sure, why the hell not. So much fun and even then the real treat is a door voiced by Wakamoto which was pure awesomeness. I'll totally go for more really fun episodes like this in between serious episodes now.
More pics of an awesome episode:

Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the dead 9

Nene is my new favorite character. I find it hilarious that preparation for the final boss turned into helping someone draw BL manga.

I am pretty disappointed there were no ass jokes with Saras though. That's some major character derailment right there.

Hey Thoraxes, can you gif Nene waking up and turning around while buried under a stack of papers near the middle of the episode?

Tsuritama 8
tumblr_m4wm4jAA4n1qa5edso2_500.png

All these episodes keep being all emotional. Moments of joy and sadness keep me reaching for my eyes. They really have lovely friendship moments and even just the bonds characters share.

Natsuki and his father finally speaking. Yuki and his grandma talking and him throughout the episode being not lonely anymore, feeling jealous though glad and having fun with friends. And just the Natsuki Yuki part was so good, best moments. Akira Agarkar fitting in too, he's so well. And lastly, Haru and Kaito's scene, I enjoy her spending time with him sharing stuff, and I almost thought he was going to leave this episode.

Mixed feelings on Natsuki's hair, can't decide if I liked it before or after more, maybe before, though still good.

Deeper plot is compelling, the last few episodes will no doubt be a blast. I can't wait.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Nene is my new favorite character. I find it hilarious that preparation for the final boss turned into helping someone draw BL manga.

I am pretty disappointed there were no ass jokes with Saras though. That's some major character derailment right there.

Hey Thoraxes, can you gif Nene waking up and turning around while buried under a stack of papers near the middle of the episode?

I'm curious. How many more fucking harem members will he get? :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You guys are really making this out to be a bad episode.

Here's the lowdown, basically:

• the episode put too much focus on a secondary character who no longer really mattered
  • that character performed a meaningful action in a cliched manner
  • the character's continued presence threatens to siphon time from the main characters and shift focus to an insignificant subplot
  • a specific scene was glaringly low-budget and dragged too long relative to its importance

And yet, I personally wouldn't call it a "bad" episode. The content presented is still handled competently for the most part, but it's the choice of content that is a problem for some people.
and I just don't get firehawk's complaints about teenage romance at all, so I can't address those.

survivor

Banned
It terms of actual animation, it's one of Shaft's best looking shows, but the background art is certainly not a looker.
That's why I started watching it

It's only my second Shaft's show, not that familiar with their techniques yet

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 2

The way they kept zooming in on Hotori's crotch and ass in the first part was very creepy. Maybe they are trying to say something given the episode's title, The Sexual Harassment Lawsuit, but I somehow doubt it.

Comedy definitely improved and I'm liking Hotori a lot, especially her VA.

Toriko 57

Okay, so this was only partially filler. Actually would have been a good place to put more since they wouldn't actually lose in-universe time due to being on the Gourmet Carriage.

Anyway, nice little preview of Zebra's badassery at the end there. Can't wait for next episode.

Tales of the Abyss 1
It's actually animated much better than I thought it was going to be. And it stays pretty close to the game, even with the crappy cg Tartarus. In fact it better lays out the setting of the story better in the beginning than the game does. Though this sub bugs me that they don't even bother using the correct localized names for the cities, but I guess that's weeaboo translators for you. Man I can only imagine how annoying the next episode in the Cheagle woods is going to be.

Tales of the Abyss 1

It's actually animated much better than I thought it was going to be. And it stays pretty close to the game, even with the crappy cg Tartarus. In fact it better lays out the setting of the story better in the beginning than the game does. Though this sub bugs me that they don't even bother using the correct localized names for the cities, but I guess that's weeaboo translators for you. Man I can only imagine how annoying the next episode in the Cheagle woods is going to be.

Ah THING!!!! After finishing Abyss 3D recently I wanted to wait quite a bit before diving into the anime

I want a Graces F anime (of course with much better animation than was in the animu cutscenes in that game).

Tales of the Abyss 1

I tried watching this ages ago, but watching just the Tales story isn't as awesome as actually playing it mostly cause you are missing out on the battles.

I do gotta get to watching this though, someday.

Ah THING!!!! After finishing Abyss 3D recently I wanted to wait quite a bit before diving into the anime

I want a Graces F anime (of course with much better animation than was in the animu cutscenes in that game).

I've played through the PS2 version a long time ago, and have the 3DS version. Might as well watch the anime too.

Articalys

Son of a bitch.
The Anime Expo anime convention in Los Angeles announced through its AX Live online broadcast on Thursday that Fate/Zero and The Garden of Sinners director Ei Aoki and ufotable producer Hikaru Kondo will be appearing as guests at this year's event. According to the webcast, Aoki will participate in a meet-and-greet event, an autograph session, and a focus panel.

The same broadcast also announced that voice actor Rikiya Koyama (Kiritsugu Emiya in Fate/Zero, Yamato in Naruto Shippūden) will appear at the event, and will similarly participate in a meet-and-greet, autograph session, and focus panel.

The Anime Expo website also revealed Aniplex President Koichiro Natsume and Producer Atsuhiro Iwakami, both of whom were also involved in the production of Fate/Zero, as guests at this year's event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wise beyond your years.

Only firehawk is to be trusted.
I am Rosa Gigantea after all (or something). lol

That's why I started watching it

It's only my second Shaft's show, not that familiar with their techniques yet
Presumably you'll love it or hate it. Most people here are haters, for what its worth!

---

Natsuiro Kiseki

And thus ends the best Tokyo arc ever.
Also, crying tanned twins, just because:
B16pOl.jpg

Dresden

Also, i didn't know ANN did game reviews. Don't really feel like reading that Dragon's Dogma review but I'll add that if they speak ill of that game, they are wrong, and their graves should be plowed.

survivor

Banned
Also, i didn't know ANN did game reviews. Don't really feel like reading that Dragon's Dogma review but I'll add that if they speak ill of that game, they are wrong, and their graves should be plowed.

They are just preparing so when anime dies they will just become GNN

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 3

x9HxF.jpg

That doesn't sound right

S6XdZ.jpg

Yep

Thoraxes

I can probably do that.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 8

BGhKd.jpg

Miyako likes her cats hardcoooore!

5NMIJ.jpg

Yuno draws cats for pansies and pushovers!

Also Eureka Seven AO everywehre all up in here!

Miyako does some "Make-A-Story" with cards activity to help pass the time with Yuno and Sae. They only did one though. :/ The time at the library afterwards was something
as Yuno and Miyako read Sae's published smut novel together!

Things regarding her get to a more somber tone however, when the narrative switches to the hours of work Sae does in order to get her writing done sometimes putting aside food and sleep. Ah, the pains of an artist.

More great Yoshinoya posing in the streets showing her goods aaand Hiro keeps saying "Arara." What does it mean? Is it just her thing? I've only noticed it now.

Anyways, a typical episode. It wasn't bad, but nothing quite note-worthy either, even for Hidamari Sketch levels!

Okay there was one thing:
Us79M.jpg
1kVZm.jpg

"Woman make me dinner." yuri = JackNicholsonyes.gif

Gaogaigar Final 1

It's always nice when something gets a visual era upgrade. Even 3 years make quite the difference.

Renee seems cool. Bit more of an anti-hero(ine) than the rest of GGG and probably even more than J. Looking forward to her role in all this.

Anryu and Koryu are adorable. Now where the hell is Mic?

Tales of the Abyss 2
Yep, the Cheagles are just as annoying in Japan as they are in English. But I just love Tear's reaction to them. She's so cute. Not much action in this episode, save for the fight at the end with the Liger Queen. Jade pulling off that Indignation was awesome. Next episode is the attack on the Tartarus. So it should be good.

wonzo

Banned
tsuritama 8

I'm glad that Sakura was ok.
It looks like shit's gonna get real next episode but I'm not really expecting anything really serious to go down after watching ep 6.

tsuritama haircut > kids haircut

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box 9

The true Medaka Box finally starts to show up.

Aw. It sucked that they
didn't show the "bodies", but I guess that's fine.
Other than that, this episode was pretty good stuff. The
Medaka saving everyone scene was much better in the show than in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom