• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao
i remember the Phantasia OVA was alright
but that was a long time ago

Phantasia has a decent plot at least for its time. Not to mention, it was heavily condensed into an OVA so even less time wasting in the plot. And people don't usually hate the characters in Phantasia, they just think they are bland. Which they are.

Kettch

Great episode of Sankarea, maybe the dip in quality is over? I'd totally watch a spin-off of Mero's Merry Band of Zombie Investigators swapping stories.

Makoto

Natsuiro Kiseki 9
iuMuHli2IZ9WV.png

Episode 8 has ruined this show for me. Now I'm just hunting for QUALITY stills and there weren't any shots comparable to last week's feast for the eyes.

In any case, at least this show's best girl has now surfaced. She's nice and isn't some idol-industry fueling drone like the main cast. She's knowledgeable about the island and has a big intelligence.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Natsuiro Kiseki 9
Episode 8 has ruined this show for me. Now I'm just hunting for QUALITY stills and there weren't any shots comparable to last week's feast for the eyes.

In any case, at least this show's best girl has now surfaced. She's nice and isn't some idol-industry fueling drone like the main cast. She's knowledgeable about the island and has a big intelligence.

They're all idorus!

Gaogaigar Final 2

This is already a shitton more intense than the TV series. I'm just think the whole episode "what the hell, Mamoru!". Didn't think the reason would be revealed so soon.

I'm definitely gonna blow through this.

Tales of the Abyss 3
Blood is apparently luminescent in this universe. And how the hell is Largo supposed to survive a stab like that? The scene with Guy saving the day was dealt much better here than it was in the game. Not really sure what they were thinking in the game... Also Legretta~! So far I'm liking this anime adaptation. The next episode seems to combine both the river and the manor so I guess the anime will start picking up speed, though really nothing really happens much story-wise at the river in the game anyways.

Sankarea 9

A good chunk of this episode was filler, which is pretty weird so late in the show. I did like the foreshadowing with the Furuya mother and the implication
she was probably a zombie.
That was a well-adapted scene.

Soma

Sankarea Episode 09

For a filler episode this wasn't bad. It was a nice sidetrack from the overlying story but I'm still frustrated at the positioning of it since things were getting pretty intense story-wise last episode. Regardless, it was nice to see things from Mero's point of view and I liked seeing the friendship grow between her and Rea. It was cute and surprisingly heartwarming considering that she doesn't get much screen time and hardly shows any emotions. This scene in particular was also pretty adorable.

The preview for the next episode seems interesting.
So looks like things are going a little out of sequence from the manga. Seems like we'll see the back story regarding Rea's mother next week.

cajunator

Banned
Kanamemo 4

a Swimsuit Newspaper Musical! Certainly pretty creative for a pool episode, that's for sure!

Don't watch this, cajunator, it's too dangerous for you.

Oh, I believe I can handle it.
My Cute tolerance is exceedingly high.

Whats that other cute show? Manabi Straight was it?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aim for the Ace

All in all a pretty enjoyable show. The last arc was pretty damn stupid but for the most part was good enjoyable stuff.

Jex

[Aim for the Ace 22 - 26]

"If only you were a man, you'd have beaten me" - 70's anime had interesting positions when it came to men and women.

Of course not every show from this era was like that, see Rose of Versailles, but that's definitely the exception to the rule.

Anyway, overall the series was a thoroughly enjoyable shoujo sports melodrama.

Steroyd

Kids on a Slope - 08

Emotions I'm drowning in them. And Yurika is starting to grate.

Tsurutama - 08

Shit getting real, can't wait to see what happens next week.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Aim for the Ace 22 - 26]

"If only you were a man, you'd have beaten me" - 70's anime had interesting positions when it came to men and women.

Of course not every show from this era was like that, see Rose of Versailles, but that's definitely the exception to the rule.

Anyway, overall the series was a thoroughly enjoyable shoujo sports melodrama.
Rose of Versailles was from another manga author, the same woman who did Oniisama e.

Of course, Dezaki adapted those too.

Mature

So I don't know how many people follow Detective Conan in here, but Funimation just recently put a knife in the last facet of which it was available in English. Quite depressing, really.

Theonik

I don't know, I kinda prefer the Anubis: ZoE opening to it. It just had a more pumping feel to it despite being spoiler heavy (though this is as well) CG might be an improvement over PS2 gameplay footage I guess.
Yeah, the trailer for ZoE2 had much better editing when it came to showing the action. I hope they still include it.
You wouldn't hit a guy with yuri goggles, would ya??
No, but I will give you one nasty stare.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rose of Versailles was from another manga author, the same woman who did Oniisama e.

Of course, Dezaki adapted those too.
I guess in the 70s, getting into an exclusive club and getting bullied was a shoujo trope. That's not all that different from the way things are now, actually. lol

wonzo

Banned
Infinite Stratos 3 "The Transfer Student is the Second Childhood Friend"

ishit3.jpg

the dreaded kanon chin has claimed yet another victim

the name of the ep says it all. well... it doesn't mention that the IS can somehow transform into things as small as earrings or wrist bands or the complete lack of an accent for the chinese girl. even if she does sound like a 40 year old smoker at times it's still a wasted opportunity :(

ishit3a.jpg

why is this show so terrible?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Infinite Stratos 3 "The Transfer Student is the Second Childhood Friend"

the name of the ep says it all. well... it doesn't mention that the IS can somehow transform into things as small as earrings or wrist bands or the complete lack of an accent for the chinese girl. even if she does sound like a 40 year old smoker at times it's still a wasted opportunity :(
I think they wanted to avoid the "Ching Chong" accent. Campy or not, racist is racist. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
wait . . . is wonzo watching this dubbed?
The best way to re-experience this timeless classic.

----

Shin Ace wo Nerae

Okay, I finally figured this all out now. Shin Ace wo Nerae is both a remake and a continuation. So, to use a modern analogy, Ace wo Nerae is Fullmetal Alchemist and Shin Ace wo Nerae is Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood.

For example, Goemon gets a friend:

And given how Shin ends, it looks like the movie is a compilation of Shin Ace wo Nerae - which suddenly makes more sense. So, the movie is probably the best way to experience the "Shin" story since it is a combination of Dezaki + budget.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tales of the Abyss 2

Yep, the Cheagles are just as annoying in Japan as they are in English. But I just love Tear's reaction to them. She's so cute. Not much action in this episode, save for the fight at the end with the Liger Queen. Jade pulling off that Indignation was awesome. Next episode is the attack on the Tartarus. So it should be good.

Tear is adorable as fuck. XD

cajunator

Banned
Phantasia has a decent plot at least for its time. Not to mention, it was heavily condensed into an OVA so even less time wasting in the plot. And people don't usually hate the characters in Phantasia, they just think they are bland. Which they are.

Tales of Phantasia has the catchiest OP ever.

Kazzy

K-ON! 3

See Chet, she is smart! And now I know where the infamous gif came from.

Previous jokes about their intelligence aside, the dynamic of the group is working for me now. it will be iteresting to see the progression that the band takes throughout, Yui particuarly. I'm not sure entirely what I'm looking for from this series, but it's so unassuming it pulls you in. Oh my, I'm becoming invested aren't I?

The proverbial carrot (cake) at the end of the stick.

An entertaining episode, very reminiscent of the troubles I had completing my dissertation (sans the rolling around part), slackers gonna slack and all that. And 100% in the resit?! The teacher has a hand in that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom