• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted in the manga thread by Survivor. Bunch of WSJ artists and other people are redrawing panels from the Kingdom manga to build up hype for the anime.

Oda:
xhKFc.jpg

Kishimoto:
dscck.jpg

Inoue:
TW8t2.jpg

And most interesting of all, Rie Kugimiya!
opgpE.jpg

Anise is one of the reasons I never finished Abyss :|
shes more annoying than cheagles

Guy was funny, with his gynophobia

It's pretty easy to tune out Anise. She becomes irrelevant near the end anyway.

Guy is the best character in the game.

This was posted in the manga thread by Survivor. Bunch of WSJ artists and other people are redrawing panels from the Kingdom manga to build up hype for the anime.

Oda:
http://i.imgur.com/xhKFc.jpg

Kishimoto:
http://i.imgur.com/dscck.jpg

Inoue:
http://i.imgur.com/TW8t2.jpg

And most interesting of all, Rie Kugimiya!
http://i.imgur.com/opgpE.jpg

They all look better than the anime!

BluWacky

Only con I'm tempted to go to is HyperJapan to visit the nico nico douga booth. Don't care about going on my own since I prefer to do thing in my own pace.

I would personally say don't bother with Hyper Japan - it's small and cramped and there's very little to do or see. It's also an odd mix between classy (the food festival, the very good shamisen recital last time) and normal otaku stuff (the Nacchan concert...).

Accel World 9
tumblr_m4ypfuoQs11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well that was a nice episode. And finally Takumu's in game avatar
a tin man it seemed like
it made me chuckle but it was really nice. Some of the names for the characters are really cool, Chrome Destruction, Armor of Catastrophe!

Plot:
Liked how they took the Takumu glasses thing, those poses and then glare on the glasses when he says something really intelligent. Everyone meeting at Haru's and then their night of fun. Silly, but funny.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon 62
8T0NS.jpg

The hair animation here was really good, and not something you usually see in Sailor Moon

An Ami episode! And finally, the Sailors are all going to get new transformations and attacks, not just recycled stuff from the An and Seijuro arc.

1jMaq.jpg

1NSpw.jpg

But the way it was done was so lazy it makes Smile Precure's Rainbow Healing look good

Anyway, since this was an Ami episode, I only got to see Sailor Mercury's new transformation and attack.

I WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO SUFFER THROUGH THAT ONE MISCOLOURED FRAME FUCK YES

*ahem*

Anyway,
poor Ami is being shipped off to Germany so she can study and become a doctor. What was nice to see was how mature Usagi and Co were about it, even though it was going to be a big loss for them.

0p8xY.jpg

that about sums it up

Of course, a youma cardian droid just has to interfere. This time, it's magical icecream that makes you feel the heat more each time you eat some of it, so you go to by more icecream so that you feel cooler but... This is like the 3rd time a youma has actually had a clever scheme.

ZSpR2.jpg

The funniest part about this scene was that this was Ami's imagination spot

While
Ami is waiting at the airport for the rest of the Sailors to show up to see her off, poor Artemis gets frozen by the cardian! Minako, Usagi, Rei, and Mako all decide to fight it, but this means they won't be able to see Ami off, or give her the present they wanted to. :(

Of course, Mamoru shows up to save the day by taking Ami her present, and drags Chibiusa with him.

wrve1.jpg

...But why was the Droid named Bob?

The scene with Chibiusa complaining about how Ami's friends were seemingly treating her felt a bit odd without any real driving reason for Chibiusa to start whining about it, but it did fit well with the insert song.

70N33.jpg

NTR NTR NTR

Ami opens her present, which is of course her new wand and watch, and decides that being a Sailor is more important to her. So a new transformation and attack later, the droidian is defeated!

A happy ending for everyone.

6tgB5.jpg

And another pic of Chibiusa to finish it off!

wonzo

Banned
a place of unspeakable horrors said:
Should I be asking if Magical Girls can get pregnant, and if so whether or not their children will spawn as liches?

I shouldn’t, but all this talk has got me curious anyway.

If they wanted to make it officially plausible and also morbid, perhaps the birthing process would require so much energy that their Soul Gems would burn out after giving birth.
how magical girl get pragnent

duckroll

It's their reverse-import thing. All the Aniplex sets have this limitation.

Yeah but at their prices, it doesn't really make much sense. At $330, when you include registered express shipping to Japan from the US, the price will be about what you pay buying it locally anyway, if not more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but at their prices, it doesn't really make much sense. At $330, when you include registered express shipping to Japan from the US, the price will be about what you pay buying it locally anyway, if not more.
Go for the cheap USPS no tracking option, I suppose.

That said, if you're crazy enough to spend 300 dollars on a box set, you probably are going to spend the 400-500 dollars it would cost to get it day one from Amazon or wherever anyway.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece 19

Tt19z.jpg

Learn to draw more than one face for girls Oda

Zoro arc time! Also, the first episode that was actually good by normal standards! I didn't see
Cuina's death coming at all. :( Also, the father pretty much up and admitting "I suck" was a good way to handle the whole discussion about Cuina becoming the best swordsperson in the world.

Luffy still sucks, Nami still sucks, Usopp still sucks, but Zoro still rocks, and that was enough to make this episode good.

n98HS.jpg

fJFBy.jpg

One Piece was doing owls and line shadows before it was cool.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Don't worry.
He doesn't. Ok, fine. Maybe he draws two female faces.

It's a real shame, he takes a lot of changes and risks with his male faces, even though they often suck, but apart from the badguy in the very first episode all the girls have the exact same face.

Yay, you changed your avatar, now I won't get you mixed up with SDBurton.
though I'll probably still think he has your old avatar. :(

Oda actually does draw some distinct female faces later on in the
Amazon Lily arc
but other than that, he draws as many as Toriyama.

At least their designs are usually unique.

It's a real shame, he takes a lot of changes and risks with his male faces, even though they often suck, but apart from the badguy in the very first episode all the girls have the exact same face.

Yay, you changed your avatar, now I won't get you mixed up with SDBurton.
though I'll probably still think he has your old avatar. :(

It's pretty much the normal looking girls that look the same.

Even though our avatars looked nothing alike?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We don't know if she was molested/raped!
Seriously: she was messed with as a child, but we don't know the implications of anything yet. Except that she don't like it.

The flashbacks have been becoming slightly less cryptic and more literal as the series has gone on, to the point that they're now just guys with owl heads mounting her in bed. It feels like this is a deliberate but subtle unraveling of her personal mystery.

There's no absolute proof that Fujiko was sexually abused, but the imagery in the flashback sequences and the ED really strongly hint at it. I think that it's fair to say that it's rarer for sex to be symbolic of something else than it is for something to be symbolic of sex.
Regardless, I won't be pleased with any scenario in which Fujiko ends up being an "emotional" thief in a world of "logical" or "rational" male thieves. She's always been depicted as a highly-sexualized character, but her body has always been a weapon and not an impairment or liability.

I have very limited previous experience with the Lupin franchise, so I understand if there's a big difference in the way that we perceive Fujiko's character. I'm certainly not pretending to be an expert on Fujiko's character, but I think that I would probably feel the same way about her characterization even if I didn't know who she was or if this show wasn't part of a pre-existing franchise.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
More screenshots of Nerawareta Gakuen: http://moca-news.net/article/20120602/201206020000a/01/

Definitely channels Shinkai. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Lol. Looks so unlike anything else Sunrise or Ryosuke Nakamura has done.
Is this a TV series or Film?

Edit: Found out on the last page. I'm a idiot, anyway this should be good. Hopefully it has more animation than the average shinkai flick.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Don't worry.
He doesn't. Ok, fine. Maybe he draws two female faces.

He had three faces at once before the timeskip, but then Robin morphed into Hancock afterward :(

how magical girl get pragnent

They need to do way instain coobie who kill thier megucas. becuse these meguca cant frigth back?

it was on the news this mroing a coobie in jp who had kill her three meguca . they are taking the three meguca back to tokyo too lady to rest my pary are with the witch who lost her suol gem ; i am truley sorry for your lots

Area no Kishi 22
tumblr_m4ytiw9PWL1qbxqfpo1_500.png

So many soccer terms cause me to constantly go to wiktionary to see what it means. They honestly cant just say the name of the position instead of using fancy esoteric lingo, like volante and libero?!

The match is alright, I kind of wish they would have focused on Kaoru (matoba) instead of on Kakera, mainly because
it seems as if there is something going on with Kaoru the entire time he is on the field, like he's not playing and focused on top of his game?

Poor Yamanashi, the king of commentary, being booed for not giving the girl commentary time.

Coolest move:
Scorpion Shot
shocked its actually an irl move based on just youtube clips of actual soccer players.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~ 06
Nothing really happened this episode, so here's a picture of a cute mascot looking character
that probably got eaten by the next episode.
Yeah, it's just some story about some kid who goes running into dangerous areas while his method of beating monsters is to literally scare them away by yelling loudly. We can all see how well that'll go.

Casshern Sins Eps. 1 and 2
iz26kx928yqjs.jpg

Come again?

I don't think I am going to be able to stomach 24 episodes of everyone constantly saying, "Casshern." :| The scripts haven't been very good so far, particularly their lack of subtlety. The ending of the second episode was especially stupid. While the visuals are quite nice, I'm not enjoying it that much. I'm also finding the action sequences hard to follow at times. It probably has to do with the camera being so close to the action at times.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Aegis of Uruk~ 07
We're off to fight a dragon!
Cause that's what all fantasy RPGs do. And, don't forget about recruiting a bunch of randoms to lead to their certain deaths! Besides that, the fight was decent, some little more story was revealed. It wasn't funny, the fight was all over the place so I couldn't really follow it, but whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom