• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No
Shes pure pandering in a franchise i used to respect for the very opposite reason
fuck her
Eureka Seven already exists, and has an extensive number of episodes. Astral Ocean shouldn't be bound by what came before it, and its serious shortcomings are unrelated to any pandering.

trejo

Elena Peoples is an absolutely terrible cardboard cutout of a character and the show would be much better off without her in it.

The fact that she's voiced by Omigawa only compounds the suck even further.

Uchip

Banned
Eureka Seven already exists, and has an extensive number of episodes. Astral Ocean shouldn't be bound by what came before it, and its serious shortcomings are unrelated to any pandering.

Preconceptions and expectations are natural. Especially when you use the same name in the title.

Sankarea 9

Almost like Furuya Chihiro isnt the main anymore. This was a really mellow and slow one.

Im guessing
mom was a zombie
and for the next episode
mother rea will free furuya?

Uchip

Banned
I say:
what
you didnt see the original eureka 7?
He says:
No sireebob, only the movie.

an actual chat i just had^

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Except both series are connected.
Does this retroactively ruin the previous series? Just because the two are connected doesn't mean they need to be the same thing.
Preconceptions and expectations are natural. Especially when you use the same name in the title.
Any expectations you might have are largely unreasonable. In the months leading up to the show reaction to anything shown of it was overwhelmingly negative, so what exactly were you expecting?

Instro

Eureka 7 AO 08

Bit of a derpy episode. Duckroll mentioned it was outsourced, and you can. There were some looking scenes though. Episode was pretty enjoyable otherwise.

Uchip

Banned
Any expectations you might have are largely unreasonable. In the months leading up to the show reaction to anything shown of it was overwhelmingly negative, so what exactly were you expecting?

Im telling it how it is
It makes no sense for you to tell me my expectations are unreasonable

Casshern Sins Eps. 1 and 2

I don't think I am going to be able to stomach 24 episodes of everyone constantly saying, "Casshern." :| The scripts haven't been very good so far, particularly their lack of subtlety. The ending of the second episode was especially stupid. While the visuals are quite nice, I'm not enjoying it that much. I'm also finding the action sequences hard to follow at times. It probably has to do with the camera being so close to the action at times.

Casshern Sins has some of the worst dialogue writing that I've seen in anime. Very simplistic, repetitive, and eschewing characterization for hollow angst and philosophizing.

A couple of the episodic stories in the first half do work on their own terms, though. I liked the one about the tower.

Casshern Sins has some of the worst dialogue writing that I've seen in anime. Very simplistic, repetitive, and eschewing characterization for hollow angst and philosophizing.

A couple of the episodic stories in the first half do work on their own terms, though. I liked the one about the tower.
Damn, I was hoping it was all uphill from there. :\

Welcome to the NHK 5
tumblr_m1uc3fgElu1qaiz7oo2_250.gif

If Kaoru gets angry. He's pretty intense when angry just with whomever he was on the phone with, really dying to know his conflicts and issues. Otherwise the scene counseling went over my head, what was the interpretation of the dream supposed to be?
she got up and left after turning red

Music during the friendship bonding scene confession in Kaoru's room made the moment really touching, hope they succeed in the game. Really their interactions are believable and they are definitely becoming really good friends.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12

No anime, you can't do that. You can't just
pull a sad final episode and make me cry. I'm watching this to laugh, not to feel sad. dat sad montage :( :( :(

Well if it wasn't apparent by the fact I finished this in 2 days, but I really enjoyed watching Soredemo. Great characters, good amount of humour and I have to respect the fact they didn't have any recurring gags.

Glad you enjoyed it. I too was impressed by the variety of humor on display; the series never ran out of fresh ideas.

I teared up at that montage too. One of the few times a comedy has pulled off a sudden serious tone at the end in a satisfying manner.

I just realized something. Who was asking about narcoleptic moe a while back? Nene from Kore wa Zombie fits the bill. She even falls asleep mid-walk.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12Next Shaft anime I'm watching is either Bakemonogatari or Arakawa Under the Bridge. I'm still undecided on whether to watch a waifu anime or another talky comedy anime.

Go with Arakawa first.

Hint: they're both talky waifu animes.

Whaaa . . .

But Bake has the better waifus.

. . . aaaaaaat?!

Arakawa is a comedy. Bake is a harem show. They don't seem anything alike, aside from Shafttilts.

But both are great so it's a win/win.

I dunno. Maria is pretty amazing.

Those insults. <3

And yea, Arakawa has the superior waifus

Makoto

Welcome to the NHK 5
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1uc3fgElu1qaiz7oo2_250.gif[img]

If Kaoru gets angry. He's pretty intense when angry just with whomever he was on the phone with, really dying to know his conflicts and issues. Otherwise the scene counseling went over my head, what was the interpretation of the dream supposed to be? [spoiler]she got up and left after turning red[/spoiler].

[spoiler]Music during the friendship bonding scene confession in Kaoru's room made the moment really touching, hope they succeed in the game. Really their interactions are believable and they are definitely becoming really good friends. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Had to rewatch this episode as I forgot about the dream sequence (totally worth the rewatch though, great episode). [spoiler]Sato was giving Misaki metaphors for sex. Essentially, long shaft-like objects penetrating something (snake into water, sword into apple) or releasing their contents (a gun firing a round). So when Misaki analyzes his "dreams," she thinks Sato has had sex on his mind and it embarrasses her. The purpose of the scene was for Sato to "turn the tables," on Misaki because she made presumptions about his intelligence. He wanted to subvert the amount of (perceived) control Misaki had on the counseling session.[/spoiler]

Tales of the Abyss 6
After all these years, I still can't believe these guys are important characters. Oh well, at least Noir has a nice figure. But for the most part this episode was pretty boring. Just them walking through the factory and talking. At least it had some great Tear moments. They played the "Tear is afraid of ghosts" card much earlier than they did in the game, so maybe they'll play it more often then they did in the game. At the end they finally show Asch's face, even if he's plainly shown during the OP. Next up is the desert ruins and Chesedonia where in the game you fight Largo and Sync, so it should at least be a decent episode.
huDJT.jpg

Is this love?

Articalys

This is kind of neat. The current banner images for the Gainax site's top page are a rotating Medaka Box set from illustrator Hiroki Shinagawa.
I wonder how many pictures they've gone through since they started having a top page illustration.

wonzo

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff!! 7

i hate this arsehole so much

This is kind of neat. The current banner images for the Gainax site's top page are a rotating Medaka Box set from illustrator Hiroki Shinagawa.
I wonder how many pictures they've gone through since they started having a top page illustration.
i think there's a website that's archived all of their topsite images but i can't remember the link for it :(

Accel World 09
53GD7.gif

We're getting closer to a harem anime.
More explanation going on, at least it explains what we saw last week or something. The memory flashback was decent and I do like the
Green King's
design.

Ultimadrago

Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature

K8d5r.jpg

I'm sticking to just reading Emunoz, Instro and Hito reviews from now on when it comes to certain material.

-An unexplained light saber that's underused
-Villains that come with extra cheese
-
Evil rice
- Random Snow White box
-Ugly guy that kept squishing his face!
- Bad dancing
-Shoe talking

Sparing some parts that were laughable, that was not an enjoyable hour and thirty minutes!
I blame "Man"!

Baccano 14

This is the first time I've gotten around to watching the extra DVD episodes. I'd heard they were weaker than the TV run, and based on this one I have to agree. It's not that the scene-by-scene direction or production values have dropped, rather it's that everything feels so unnecessary. The story told over the previous 13 episodes was so tightly wound, that when it was uncoiled there wasn't really anywhere to keep going with it. The pacing is weak, and I'm not sure why I should care about some of these scenes.
What is the point of showing us Czeslaw explaining immortals to Rachel? We as the audience know very well what immortals are by now, and anything Czeslaw has to say runs the risk of damaging the character arc he's been through.

This is enjoyable when I view it from the perspective of getting some extra time with characters I love. Thus my favorite moment was seeing Isaac and Miria be their goofy selves playing with dominos. Unfortunately, too much of this episode was taken up by the new character of Graham Spector, whose psychopathic love of violence isn't as compelling as Ladd's. While his disassembling fetish is amusing, his tendency to bather on is not and his melodramatic voice acting is obnoxious. Sorry Sugita; I normally love you, but this time you didn't come through. Graham's scenes seem to be setting up a big climax for these extra episodes in
a clash between his gang and Jacuzzi's
, but I doubt I'll find it compelling due to my distaste for his character. He's just a weak replacement for Ladd.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Arakawa is a comedy. Bake is a harem show. They don't seem anything alike, aside from Shafttilts.

And yea, Arakawa has the superior waifus
Arakawa came soon after Bake, if not right after, and I couldn't help see the similarities. Of course, having the same male lead helps as well.
And Bake really isn't a harem, since Senjou is the clear winner anyway.

Next Shaft anime I'm watching is either Bakemonogatari or Arakawa Under the Bridge. I'm still undecided on whether to watch a waifu anime or another talky comedy anime.

Oh yeah, a recommendation. Go with Hidamari Sketch, Shaft's best show, or Natsu no Arashi, Shaft's secret best show.

Baccano 15

This episode was more enjoyable than the last, simply because Jacuzzi and Chane are compelling characters. Her subplot with the Rail Tracer was the one thing I was actually curious to see continued.
Seeing him walk in and completely dominate Graham was very satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom