• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

I've only watched E7AO through ep 6, but I haven't had any complaints about Elena so far.
Also Omigawa voice is pretty awesome.

Geneijin

Lucky New Yorkers

The organizers of the New York Asian Film Festival revealed on Thursday that they will screen the North American premiere of Keiichi Satou's (Tiger & Bunny, Karas) and Toei's feature film adaptation of George Akiyama's 1970-1971 Asura manga. It will also screen the video anime adaptation of Junji Ito's Gyo horror manga.

The festival will also screen Takashi Miike's live-action adaptation of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Choi Min-Sik, the star of the Korean live-action film adaptation of the Oldboy manga, will be attending the festival as a guest, and the festival will also be screening his latest film Nameless, as well as Oldboy. The 11th annual film festival will run from June 29 to July 15 at the Walter Reade Theater and Japan Society.

Asura will screen on July 12 at 6:30 p.m., Gyo will screen on July 14 at 5:30 p.m., and Ace Attorney will screen at on July 15 1:30 p.m. at the Japan Society.

- ANN

DiGiKerot

I would personally say don't bother with Hyper Japan - it's small and cramped and there's very little to do or see. It's also an odd mix between classy (the food festival, the very good shamisen recital last time) and normal otaku stuff (the Nacchan concert...).

Oh, come on, the Nacchan concert didn't really deserve the ellipsis you ended the statement on there.

But, yeah, HyperJapan is a bit of a yawn in general.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Accel World 09
53GD7.gif

We're getting closer to a harem anime.
More explanation going on, at least it explains what we saw last week or something. The memory flashback was decent and I do like the
Green King's
design.

Falcon Punch cures pre-teen pregnancy? o_o

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bagi:

I could never recommend this movie. It is just terrible in every single way. Except for the fanservice moments that involved said furry action but that alone isn't enough to save the film even if you're into that kind of stuff. Which of course I'm not myself. Obviously.

Is Accel World worth watching?

It looks like something I would like but i HATE the look of the main character.
That fat small guy.
Probably not. It's been quite a letdown for me with too much melodrama and not enough shit happening. Of course, you can stream it for free on Hulu, so you might as well watch an episode or two and decide for yourself.

I love the main character's design, though. He's goddamn Cartman. It's nice to have an MC that doesn't look painfully generic.

trejo

Bagi:

I could never recommend this movie. It is just terrible in every single way. Except for the fanservice moments that involved said furry action but that alone isn't enough to save the film even if you're into that kind of stuff. Which of course I'm not myself. Obviously.

Tezuka was just trying to warn us about the folly of man.

Uchip

Banned
No, she saved it from being a bad episode that didn't have Omigawa. Now if you want a bad character to hate, then hate on
Truth.

is the omigawa defense some kind of inside joke?
or do you guys actually believe that her few seconds of being a terrible character was worth anything

Had to rewatch this episode as I forgot about the dream sequence (totally worth the rewatch though, great episode).
Sato was giving Misaki metaphors for sex. Essentially, long shaft-like objects penetrating something (snake into water, sword into apple) or releasing their contents (a gun firing a round). So when Misaki analyzes his "dreams," she thinks Sato has had sex on his mind and it embarrasses her. The purpose of the scene was for Sato to "turn the tables," on Misaki because she made presumptions about his intelligence. He wanted to subvert the amount of (perceived) control Misaki had on the counseling session.

Thats hilarious. Thanks. He's actually pretty smart then.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 8

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/ginga8.jpg[/IM]

the triplets really are just completely and utterly insufferable[/QUOTE]

But they litrally carry the team, much better than Reiko.

[quote="TheVampire, post: 38423782"]Is Accel World worth watching?

It looks like something I would like but i HATE the look of the main character.
That fat small guy.[/QUOTE]

I disliked his design at first but its worth it mainly when he is in both avatar forms. Fortunately, his key friend makes up in all regards for his character design, and got a design upgrade so Im enjoying the show immensely know. Visuals are hot.

NewFresh

Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature

K8d5r.jpg

I'm sticking to just reading Emunoz, Instro and Hito reviews from now on when it comes to certain material.

-An unexplained light saber that's underused
-Villains that come with extra cheese
-
Evil rice
- Random Snow White box
-Ugly guy that kept squishing his face!
- Bad dancing
-Shoe talking

Sparing some parts that were laughable, that was not an enjoyable hour and thirty minutes!
I blame "Man"!

Bagi:

You two just made my day!

Arakawa came soon after Bake, if not right after, and I couldn't help see the similarities. Of course, having the same male lead helps as well.
And Bake really isn't a harem, since Senjou is the clear winner anyway.

It's just an odd stance to take considering they're both adaptations from two distinctly different sources.

And I don't think having a "clear winner" disqualifies something from being a harem. And I've never seen Senjou painted as the the winner, regardless.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's just an odd stance to take considering they're both adaptations from two distinctly different sources.

And I don't think having a "clear winner" disqualifies something from being a harem. And I've never seen Senjou painted as the the winner, regardless.

Oh, I recognize that they're different - for example, the entire cast never gathers together in Bake, let alone the piecemeal structure of Arakawa - they just have enough Shaft-imiliarities that I'm willing to directly compare the two.

And, one of the first things that Arararararararararagi-toothbrush-kun does is choose Senjou. The characters all joke about the harem and the relationship diagrams, but it seems clear that, with either long hair or short hair, Senjou is the one.

Jarmel

Banned
I love the main character's design, though. He's goddamn Cartman. It's nice to have an MC that doesn't look painfully generic.

It's so exaggerated though. I'm aware of what point they were trying to make but it's way too over the top. Let's be remotely realistic, none of those girls would be absolutely crazy for a midget idiot who is morbidly obese. I have a rather good suspension of disbelief but god damn this is pushing it way too hard on this front.

And, one of the first things that Arararararararararagi-toothbrush-kun does is choose Senjou. The characters all joke about the harem and the relationship diagrams, but it seems clear that, with either long hair or short hair, Senjou is the one.

Tsubasa and Nadeko are still deadly serious about him. Hell Nadeko was trying to seduce him in her own innocent way.

Steroyd

It's so exaggerated though. I'm aware of what point they were trying to make but it's way too over the top. Let's be remotely realistic, none of those girls would be absolutely crazy for a midget idiot who is morbidly obese. I have a rather good suspension of disbelief but god damn this is pushing it way too hard on this front.

But they looked past his very very outwardly appearance and fell for the gamer nerd inside him.

Jarmel

Banned
But they looked past his very very outwardly appearance and fell for the gamer nerd inside him.

Most of the cases I've heard where a guy got with someone who was out of his league, he was either extremely confident, smooth, or funny. Cartman-kun lacks all of these. He's also not that much of a gaming nerd anyway, he just happens to have good reflexes. A gaming nerd is Keima Katsuragi.

Jarmel

Banned
I suppose my definition of a harem requires the male to be sexless and unable to commit to any one girl.

Commitment has very little to do with harems. Especially when multiple women in the harem are more than willing to just be your mistress on the downlow. 'Down but not out' is what one would say. Tsubasa also still has an extremely good chance. She just needs to somehow capitalize on that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Commitment has very little to do with harems. Especially when multiple women in the harem are more than willing to just be your mistress on the downlow. 'Down but not out' is what one would say. Tsubasa also still has an extremely good chance. She just needs to somehow capitalize on that.
If the lead isn't interested in anything more than a monogamous relationship, then I don't think it matters what the women want.

Accel World 9

It's so fucking weird that this show isn't based off an actual online game. It is pretty much yugioh but mmo instead of tcg.

And is quite possibly the dumbest show I've seen of recent. Not really a fan that they pretty much play it straight the whole time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Araragi doesn't seem very committed to a monogamous relationship, honestly.
I think he knows he would die if he strayed too far. :p

A married guy can have a harem. Jarmel is right here.

Like I said earlier though, a harem only stops when the women give up.
Maybe this is an old anime thing, but outside of love triangle angst (and triangles aren't harems), I can't really think of a show that is both a harem but also where the guy has already chosen a girl early on (and that girl is the canon/only choice).

Perhaps all those Key animes are like that, I dunno.

Fate/Zero 22

Typo in the episode? That sign said 21..

Anyway all my tears, the episode had the best interaction of the anime thus far,
Waver's scene with the grandfather and then the friendship scene with Rider, and how I thought he was actually going to send Rider on alone and we'd see no more Waver got me emotional. And then when he picked him up and put him on the hours and Waver was all agitated and conflicted with emotions of happiness, was so lovely. True friends.

Waver has consistently been my favorite.

Does Hulu not work on mobile devices? I cant get to play on my phone :/
No clue, sorry. :(
I know I've said this a million times already, but Snow Black has issues. I really don't find it hard to believe that a girl like her would develop feelings for a dude like him.

And I don't really care whether the harem aspect is realistic or not because I don't care about the harem aspect to begin with. Unfortunately.

Andrew J.

Eureka Seven AO 08

When Elena
shouted "Elopement!" just before the act break
it made me laugh out loud, so I have to like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom