• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Or now that I think on it, considering the speed at which this thread moves now:

Spring Anime 2012 |OT2| of "Real Men Anime Fans only need four hours of sleep!"

cajunator

Banned

SO fucking bought. Thanks much.

kannazuki2.jpg

wow this some quality work right here folks

It does have its moments of inadequacy. But it also has its moments like Yami where it is simply brilliant
ly confusing as fuck

Articalys

Phi Brain 27 (2-2)

This is great. In only two episodes they've already surpassed 90% of the first season in nearly every way, and the Orpheus Order are already cooler villains than Rook could ever hope to be. It's like they realized what was dragging the show down, cut it away, and strengthened the rest, including much cooler puzzles. I think I read that they were all going to be "duel" type puzzles like this, and if so that's a very good sign.

Only downside so far is that I could barely hear Sugita in his role. Looking forward to some Yoko Hikasa next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Or now that I think on it, considering the speed at which this thread moves now:

Spring Anime 2012 |OT2| of "Real Men Anime Fans only need four hours of sleep!"

So true. Fuck sleep.
I sleep on my keyboard for an hour, and sometimes my floor, but not for too long.
Not on my free time. Free time is PRECIOUS.

Steroyd

Why is it "clack" rather than "clink"?

Clink is a softer onomatopoeia; clack sounds like they're smashing their heads together.

That's the point, they come in contact before their faces do.

Clink is more metallic than clack, which doesn't sound quite right when the plastic and glass bump into each other.

Mirai Nikki - END

Haha
floating babies
gets me everytime.

Dusk Maiden Amnesia - 02

Much better than last episode, watching it for the troll.

Smile Precure - 11

Chiyo-1.gif

Bugs... it had to be bugs, *kill it with fire*.

Kaper

Is Eureka 7 (and/or the movie) required/suggested to be viewed before watching E7AO? Those screencaps duckroll posted have piqued my interest.

Uchip

Banned
Is Eureka 7 (and/or the movie) required/suggested to be viewed before watching E7AO? Those screencaps duckroll posted have piqued my interest.

I would recommend it
they are already making references to characters and things in the first episode

Narag

I woke up in a cold sweat thinking about the Gundam 00 movie last night. Possibly even dreaming about it. I don't think I'll be able to escape it.

Steroyd

Apologies, my knowledge on the subject is limited, and a quick wiki article scan had a film header, so I just assumed it had already been released given the age of the original series.

A movie does exist it's just that it's in an alternate universe to the series and such an abortion that people are self inflicting amnesia on themselves of it ever existing.

frostbyte

Apologies, my knowledge on the subject is limited, and a quick wiki article scan had a film header, so I just assumed it had already been released given the age of the original series.

The Eureka Seven movie exists in the same otherwordly dimension as the Tsukihime anime.
;)

Defuser

Phi Brain 27 (2-2)

This is great. In only two episodes they've already surpassed 90% of the first season in nearly every way, and the Orpheus Order are already cooler villains than Rook could ever hope to be. It's like they realized what was dragging the show down, cut it away, and strengthened the rest, including much cooler puzzles. I think I read that they were all going to be "duel" type puzzles like this, and if so that's a very good sign.

Only downside so far is that I could barely hear Sugita in his role. Looking forward to some Yoko Hikasa next episode.
Agreed. This season shits all over season 1 within 2 episodes, bigger and badder.
They really getting big name seiyuu cast for the baddies. Tomokazu sugita,Ono D,Hiroshi Kamiya and now Hikasa Yoko for next episode.

Kaper

I'm only trying to protect you.

A movie does exist it's just that it's in an alternate universe to the series and such an abortion that people are self inflicting amnesia on themselves of it ever existing.

Heh, I should have trusted my gut and assumed you were suggesting the movie was garbage, but one can never be too careful being an outside observer of these anime threads. Thanks for the words of warning.

cajunator

Banned
I'm in a yuri mood from so much Yami and the crazy hat.
there has to be more than Simoun and Strawberry Panic.
I can't think of any at the moment.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm glad you ended up enjoying it, now it's time to watch Strawberry Panic!

Maybe I'll start that today with season 2 of Marimite.

Stop trying to trick people into watching Strawberry Panic. lol

(Although I suppose there is blatant yuri in it. :p)

Best kind of yuri, for most cases.

Yeah, Strawberry Panic is pretty terrible. You'd only watch it if you were in it for the idea of girls getting with girls and nothing else.

When you put it like that I feel so shallow. :lol

cajunator

Banned
After experiencing some of Yami, I highly doubt anything else would compare to it sadly.
Its a phenomenon, like Code Geass.
High class entertainment.

wonzo

Banned
i'm glad that i experienced something as amazingly entertaining as yami to boushi and i highly recommend others to do the same!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So true. Fuck sleep.
I sleep on my keyboard for an hour, and sometimes my floor, but not for too long.
Not on my free time. Free time is PRECIOUS.

I used to be this way as well but then I took an arrow to the knee my body turned against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom