• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

yuruomg.gif

best character in yuru yuri

Mirai Nikki END

Umm...hmm... well at least the ending showed the new future for each characters and it turns out the changes were for the better, although to be honest the last 3 eps. have been pretty boring if it wasn't for
Minene-sama's intervention and also Yukkii sucks when it comes to romance. Also lol at 10,000 years, wow man Yukkii even sucks at being a god. xD

cajunator

Banned
I must admit I am pretty much hooked on the Yami OP song.
Although I have been for a long time. It has only been made worse by watching the show.

Steroyd

Yami to Boushi - 02

Okay so just to be clear in the first two episodes it went from.

Yurimance > Yuri angst > Magical Girl > One Piece > Harry Potter > Baccano > [Insert sword fighting anime] (wait, sword, what? Wasn't it a letter opener just...)

I repeat my first episode impressions.

...wut!?

cajunator

Banned
Yami to Boushi - 02

Okay so just to be clear in the first two episodes it went from.

Yurimance > Yuri angst > Magical Girl > One Piece > Harry Potter > Baccano > [Insert sword fighting anime] (wait, sword, what? Wasn't it a letter opener just...)

...wut!?

DELICIOUS.

Now watch the next episode.
The rabbit hole goes deep, and it goes in BATSHIT INSANE DIRECTIONS.
What do you think of Lillith's hat? Isn't it magnificent?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yami to Boushi - 02

[...]

...wut!?
You're not alone.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1-5

Wat.

Yami and the hat and the books and stuff 1-5

There are no words to describe this. I am rendered speechless by this... thing. I must watch more.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1-5

Wow.

Episodes 1-3 where easily the worst episodes of anime that I've ever seen. Garzey's Wing, Arjuna, IS? They don't stand a chance. Terrible editing, script, design, pacing, shaky cam, illogical plot, awkward fanservice, random nonsense, SHAKY CAM, lesbians.

Nothing even made sense. In any way. Like, from scene to scene. Or within a scene. There was no story.

The next couple of episodes approached boring, rather than insanely amateur, but they did feature QUILE and the derp beast so they can be forgiven.

Makes Glass Fleet look like a masterpiece.

cajunator

Banned
Yami is a LOT of fun to watch. Its absolutely horrible but it is the special kind of awful that I find myself craving even more than good anime.
Luckily I have yet to experience Glass Fleet and Arjuna, among others.

If anyone discovers any other shows in this vein, please share them.

Noirulus

:O So AO is good? I'll have to add it to my spring list that i'm going to get to when finals are over. (1 more week and I can watch Godanabe!)

cajunator

Banned
:O So AO is good? I'll have to add it to my spring list that i'm going to get to when finals are over. (1 more week and I can watch Godanabe!)

Yeah it feels surprisingly similar to the first show, which is a great start. Plus its super colorful and it provides a glimpse of the greatness that is Elena Peoples. Also, forehead-chan is hnng. AO is also better than Renton. the ingredients for greatness are there.

Noirulus

Yeah it feels surprisingly similar to the first show, which is a great start. Plus its super colorful and it provides a glimpse of the greatness that is Elena Peoples. Also, forehead-chan is hnng. AO is also better than Renton. the ingredients for greatness are there.

Aww yeah! That was one of my biggest gripes with the original, glad to hear AO is a better character (from what you guys have seen so far)

cajunator

Banned
Aww yeah! That was one of my biggest gripes with the original, glad to hear AO is a better character (from what you guys have seen so far)

To be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot of Renton either. Only three episodes of E7. But from that, I have already determined that he's not very likeable. However, Eureka is SO KYUUTO.
The show gives off this amazing atmosphere and I feel the same atmosphere is somewhat present in the new show as well.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Okay, I'm on the yuri train too thanks to Yami. I might get in an episode or two of Strawberry Panic today between everything else.

Gintama 86-87

I'm continually impressed by the way this show can have huge changes in tone even during a single arc and still come off as genuine and affecting. It probably helps that they get you to like the characters before anything bad happens to them instead of forcing you to care about their situation by shoving drama down your throat.

frostbyte

To be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot of Renton either. Only three episodes of E7. But from that, I have already determined that he's not very likeable. However, Eureka is SO KYUUTO.
The show gives off this amazing atmosphere and I feel the same atmosphere is somewhat present in the new show as well.

Renton isn't that annoying for the first three eps of E7. My only gripe is that he keeps saying everything sucks. Still not to grinding on my nerves level though. Renton (so far) can't compare to Accel World's Haru or Guilty Crown's Shu yet.

cajunator

Banned
If he's not annoying YET then I can't imagine him being very tolerable in subsequent episodes, but luckily the show is good enough that I will continue it whether or not I like that little bastard.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What episode did you guys leave off on?
Do you have episode 07 impressions?

Left off on 06. Envelope is indisposed for the time being and I've promised to watch it together with him, so it looks like we'll be stalled there for a while. Feel free to watch ahead if you want.

wonzo

Banned
I'm a tad disappointed in wonzo for failing to mention the best character in Yami:

BED-KUN
refresh my memory as i honestly can't remember this
"BED-KUN"
that you speak of. the lack of sleep at the time probably has something to do with this.

Jarmel

Banned
Renton isn't that annoying for the first three eps of E7. My only gripe is that he keeps saying everything sucks. Still not to grinding on my nerves level though. Renton (so far) can't compare to Accel World's Haru or Guilty Crown's Shu yet.

Renton is never as bad as Shu or Haru.

cajunator

Banned
Left off on 06. Envelope is indisposed for the time being and I've promised to watch it together with him, so it looks like we'll be stalled there for a while. Feel free to watch ahead if you want.

Nah. I'll wait for you guys to catch up. Just let me know when you want to watch it.

refresh my memory as i honestly can't remember this
"BED-KUN"
that you speak of. the lack of sleep at the time probably has something to do with this.

I don't know this "bed-kun" either.
Care to elaborate?

survivor

Banned

Renton is the reason I dropped E7. Can't tolerate whiny characters like him.

Is the new E7 lead more tolerable so far?

Jarmel

Banned
Shakugan no Shana Final-Complete

Shana3_24_10.jpg

I forgot how painful it is to see a series finish. It doesn't matter whether it's happy or sad, the sensation that your window, into these character's lives, is closed forever is a depressing aspect. The nostalgia when they played the intro song in the final fight just washed over me. I've never been that big a fan of the franchise as a whole, mainly due to the shitty second season, I'm still somewhat sad over it.

The whole season had some problems mainly towards the end as the fight scenes dragged on way too long and weren't that interesting. There were a few very nicely animated scenes but the rest were pretty bland. Not to mention the lack of tension affected many of the sequences. There was also shit tons of exposition.

One thing I did like about the season was how they depicted the Flame Hazes in a negative light and showed how fucking stupid they were. It was nice to not only see a morally grey situation but also the outcome in which
what would traditionally be viewed as the bad guys, the Denizens, winning essentially was very much appreciated

I also always appreciate a smart protagonist. In short it was an entertaining ride but one I will never repeat due to the slow pacing problems in season 2 and the dreadfully boring and overdrawn fight scenes in the last arc of the final season.

cajunator

Banned
I wonder if hating to see a show end is one of the reasons why I start so many shows but rarely finish them.
Even shows I enjoy I just want to savor it for as long as possible. I have been extremely sad at the end of some shows, for exactly the reason you describe.

wonzo

Banned
i mean unless you're talking about this or this i have absolutely no idea who the hell
bed-kun
is and i'm getting a headache just trying to remember such a thing.

Koroviev

I wonder if hating to see a show end is one of the reasons why I start so many shows but rarely finish them.
Even shows I enjoy I just want to savor it for as long as possible. I have been extremely sad at the end of some shows, for exactly the reason you describe.

Have you seen "Monster"? 74 episodes before sadness!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In Code Geass a character has intimate relations with a piece of furniture. Similarly, a character in Yami is shown with another piece of furniture.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I forgot that
Nunnally was there THE ENTIRE TIME
. Never change, Code Geass, never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom