• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Data Girl 09

9f6RcK6l.jpg

Sengoku school festival? Ok, you have all my attention.

Wasn't too bad of an episode. Our wallflower seems to be gaining the confidence that'll make her watchable yet at the same time, the male lead seems to be losing his confidence in protecting her.

CorvoSol

Wanna know something? That's not even the worst part. Hell I didn't think that was as contrived as what happens later on.

Oh and your hatred for Nina? How high is it exactly? Because her reaction to her
nuke
in the next episode...I can't even.

On the other hand, look on the bright side! You got what you wanted! Thanks to Lelouch's sloppy Geass efforts, SOMEONE
he tried to "save"
was caught in the
blast!

Seriously though. You think this is bad? You're not even at THAT point yet.

My hatred for Nina is already at critical mass. If this isn't contrived compared to what happens later, I'm at a loss for words, because it made no sense already. Nothing about it made sense. Why would you
load a nuclear weapon into a gun that has apparently got no aiming system? Why would you arm a soldier with that when the fighting is over YOUR TERRITORY where YOUR CIVILIANS are in the way? Why would Suzaku's LIVE Geass trigger when the blast from that weapon at the range he was firing it would have killed him? And he KNEW it would have killed him, since he knew how destructive the thing was.
Nothing about that scene made a lick of sense.

And I'm only kind of half pleased at Nunally's death. It's Lelouch's fault, but given how he shoved his head up his ass last episode and basically just reflected all the negative qualities he claimed to have onto Suzaku, I'm inclined to expect I'll have to listen to him whine about how it was Suzaku's fault, even though it's only as much Suzaku's fault as the massacre Euphemia caused was her fault. So I'm happy, but not as happy as I would have been if #ROLO had done her in.

This part was actually the part that made the most sense in the last episodes of geass

This is not an encouraging thought.

keep your eyes glued

the amount of fireworks will so increase exponentially.

At this point I just hope I get to see the Empress :cajun a bit more.

trejo

You COULD post links to prove validity of said sentence.
In fact, you should.

Gladly!

Kobayashi Yu has done plenty of awesome roles and she can tackle pretty much anything you throw at her, from a big-breasted australian motorcyclist who travels the world to a snot-nosed little boy who is obsessed with soccer. Nyan Koi might be a forgettable dime-a-dozen harem but there's this one scene in episode 4 that has always stuck in mind mind precisely thanks to Kobayashi. In the show, Kobayashi plays a girl who gets often mistaken for a guy or otherwise gets mistaken for a lesbian, who loves beauty and beautiful people, who acts tough and overconfident but in reality has an inferiority complex over her own perceived lack of beauty, who is secretly afraid of lightning and who is also actually the daughter of a yakuza boss. And in that one single scene I linked to she goes through like four or five different voices like it's nothing. The woman's range is freakin' insane.

She is also legitimately kind of a weirdo, which just makes her all the more awesome.

And Maaya? Well, Maaya is love. Plain and simple.

Red Data Girl Episode 9 My First Debut
tumblr_mnl8cssApS1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Funi should really work on their site, its always offline, though at least I do get Hulu so I could still watch RDG on time (I should use hulu for more than anime, but I dont know any live action stuff to try).

Eye candy was great and he needs more screentime, voice sounded extremely familiar but I didnt catch the character name so I cant check. Miyuki blushing multiple times was really nice as often we just see him scowling or that rare time with Manatsu, laughing and stuff when they were on each other.

Suzuhara stepping up to gaining confidence was easily her best moment of the series so far and really felt like she has grown and matured over these past few weeks. Curious how far she can go. And hime is hilarious

Series 1 yes. It really is a market thing as opposed to a rarity thing, because Cells are literally studio trash more often than not or the stuff just take them anyway.

Yeah, I can only imagine how many cels they'd have to use for a single episode. I can definitely see why they would get rid of them, they're probably run out of space fast.

JCG

My hatred for Nina is already at critical mass. If this isn't contrived compared to what happens later, I'm at a loss for words, because it made no sense already. Nothing about it made sense. Why would you
load a nuclear weapon into a gun that has apparently got no aiming system? Why would you arm a soldier with that when the fighting is over YOUR TERRITORY where YOUR CIVILIANS are in the way? Why would Suzaku's LIVE Geass trigger when the blast from that weapon at the range he was firing it would have killed him? And he KNEW it would have killed him, since he knew how destructive the thing was.
Nothing about that scene made a lick of sense.

I won't argue about the rest of the details, one way or another, but...I believe the point was that he ultimately used it as a distraction. The enemies who were previously focused on Suzaku suddenly had something else on their minds. Just using it wouldn't kill him either, as the blast radius still took some time to expand all that distance and people (including him) moved away.

And I'm only kind of half pleased at Nunally's death. It's Lelouch's fault, but given how he shoved his head up his ass last episode and basically just reflected all the negative qualities he claimed to have onto Suzaku, I'm inclined to expect I'll have to listen to him whine about how it was Suzaku's fault, even though it's only as much Suzaku's fault as the massacre Euphemia caused was her fault. So I'm happy, but not as happy as I would have been if #ROLO had done her in.

I'd want to comment on this, for a couple of reasons, but I'll have to hold my tongue.

This is not an encouraging thought.

Things definitely get way more unrealistic and contrived. But I honestly think there are a few parts which do make sense in spite of that.

Theonik

Yeah, I can only imagine how many cels they'd have to use for a single episode. I can definitely see why they would get rid of them, they're probably run out of space fast.
Yeah, but really it's more of a "we don't care" sort of thing.
A lot of western studios are better at keeping their materials.

CorvoSol

The Count of Monte Cristo 11

Albert will white knight for the Count until his grave, man. Hooooooooooooo boy, that stand off between
Msr. and Mdm. Villefort
was TENSE. The Count reveals to Albert that his super power is Shounen Heart. And patience. Meanwhile, Franz decides to GOOGLE THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO!!!

Cardcaptor Sakura 29

i7dNUuEVCNmtM.jpg

I'm never going to get tired of screencapping this expression.

They're REALLY grasping for clow card ideas assuming this was a filler episode. It was about as entertaining as most other episodes but it was still lame. Also CLAMP sexual deviance reassures us that girls in anime/manga want to have relations with their dad/someone who's like their dad.

Blusby

On ep. 12 of Star Driver, Kanako is the best character and the based Goddessu. Every one of her scenes are hilarious, she deserves her own series where she is the central shining star.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I knew I could count on you.

Actually, there's another Detective Conan glasses girl worth noting
16aaqnptdhiie0ecoufz.jpeg

Homeroom teach aka Sumiko Kobayashi

She is adorable too. :3 Conan is one of those rare Manga/Anime where I love just about everyone in the cast. ^^

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 59 – The Bonds Between Brothers! Andromeda Shun Joins the Fight!

Could Divine Tornado please bu upgraded, or for that matter, can all the saints be given new attacks? Characters dont even have a fighting chance with this first year moves. Fun episode with that new piece of music at
Shun getting the new cloth

cajunator

Banned
I don't really have anything, sorry.

I've thought about using this general shot here as possibly an avatar but that's been about it.

Its ok Nafey kins I still love you.

Hnnggh, my heart.

No joke. That movie is the source of great joy and sadness.

Gladly!

Kobayashi Yu has done plenty of awesome roles and she can tackle pretty much anything you throw at her, from a big-breasted australian motorcyclist who travels the world to a snot-nosed little boy who is obsessed with soccer. Nyan Koi might be a forgettable dime-a-dozen harem but there's this one scene in episode 4 that has always stuck in mind mind precisely thanks to Kobayashi. In the show, Kobayashi plays a girl who gets often mistaken for a guy or otherwise gets mistaken for a lesbian, who loves beauty and beautiful people, who acts tough and overconfident but in reality has an inferiority complex over her own perceived lack of beauty, who is secretly afraid of lightning and who is also actually the daughter of a yakuza boss. And in that one single scene I linked to she goes through like four or five different voices like it's nothing. The woman's range is freakin' insane.

She is also legitimately kind of a weirdo, which just makes her all the more awesome.

And Maaya? Well, Maaya is love. Plain and simple.

Thank you.
I shall put these up for consideration.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wouldn't hire someone that is a follower of anime dating.

I wasn't following... Someone RT the tweet and it showed up on my feed. I even said that in the post!

EDIT: Oh, the original post was very unclear on that. The way I worded it sounded like I tweeted it. LOL. mb.

mAcOdIn

Gladly!

I'm on my phone so I'll be brief but bravo sir, I 100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom