• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For all you Railgun nutties.

461193_661141037236806_1209720481_o.jpg

7Th

Nakashima wrote some stuff about Kill la Kill:

-When coming up with the concept, they were very careful to not fall in the "Curse of Gurren-Lagann"; Kill la Kill has a different sort of atmosphere.
-In the most basic terms, Nakashima describes it as a show about the conflict between two super-powered high-school girls.
-Nakashima doesn't want to sound cocky, but he said he had a lot of fun writing it.
-Despite not being originally inteded, the "amount of heat" is higher than that in Gurren-Lagann.
-Nakashima has done most of the writing himself; the show is more Nakashima-like and Imaishi-like than TTGL.
-The screenplay is already in the end-game; Nakashima is about to start writing the final episode.
-He hopes the fighting spirit of Trigger, who separated from Gaianx to form their own company, will be reflected in KLK.

http://dot.asahi.com/column/denjinn/2013053000005.html

Midonin

So I'm watching Aikatsu!. Right now, I'm up to episode 21, and I find myself really enjoying it. Every idol show I've watched has a different atmosphere, and this, in spite of its focus on a Bandai fashion/arcade game trading card line, has as much appeal to it as something like Love Live!. Yurika's only been around for a few episodes, and I like her already. She doesn't really have chuunibyou, just a really elaborate stage persona, but her dedication to it is enjoyable. Plus, Johnny Bepp has to be one of the most fun side characters to watch, just for ALL THE ENGLISH.

-Despite not being originally intended, the "amount of heat" is higher than that in Gurren-Lagann.
-Nakashima has done most of the writing himself; the show is more Nakashima-like and Imaishi-like than TTGL.

There's no way I'm going to like this.

7Th

So if they're trying to step out of Gurren Lagann's shadow, why do they keep trying to compare it to Gurren Lagann?

Because Nakashima also needs to get out of Kamen Rider Fourze's shadow; he also talks about that in the column, I just didn't post it because loltoku.

Cardcaptor Sakura 28/29

Another batch, another filler

Compared to the previous two that were super interesting.

I like how I was thinking about how Sasaki's sexual deviantry with the teacher in episode 28 because I haven't seen it in a while, and then the next episode goes, OH YEAH BY THE WAY THIS IS STILL HAPPENING.

7Th

Don't fall for 7th's lies. He was right the first time. He's clearly saying that he feels that somehow, KLK might have turned out to be even hotter and more energetic than GL was. Sorry.

Thanks for the correction of the correction; Nakashima is more powerful than Google Translate.

Yo!

Can any of you guys recommend me a recent, well animated, good looking movie? It can be any genre as long as it moves a and looks good. Don't recommend Sword of The Stranger(Yutaka Nakamura :bow) or any Ghibli movies plz.

Quick question for AnimeGAF.... Appleseed XIII hits Blu-Ray next week and Amazon has it for $40. Is it a show worth seeing?

I've enjoyed both Appleseed films, so I basically know what I'm getting.

Detective Conan 197:
So, why is Conan suddenly a car fanatic? That doesn't really make sense. Of course, neither does having an extended scene where characters stand around and talk about cars without much of anything happening. The whole episode was pretty boring, with there not being any sort of mystery until the cliffhanger, and Kogorou was especially stupid in this episode. Just a dull AO all around, and there's still another episode of it to endure.

Shergal

Yo!

Can any of you guys recommend me a recent, well animated, good looking movie? It can be any genre as long as it moves a and looks good. Don't recommend Sword of The Stranger(Yutaka Nakamura :bow) or any Ghibli movies plz.

Since no one mentioned it, I'm going to say Niji-iro Hotaru. Its approach is very unusual (Hisashi Mori did chara design and was the animation director, if that tells you anything), but it's really well animated.

A Letter to Momo is also worth checking out. It's from Hiroyuki Okiura (Jin-Roh), so it's very realistic and subdued, animation-wise.

I seen this on Crunchyroll

Too late ! the price for this one has gone way up and it's outside my budget.

-------------
DATE A LIVE 07

What the heck is this choice option ?
What the heck is choice 3 ?

Date%20a%20Live%20-%2007_02.jpg

Rapeface.jpg

Man that part ..they nailed it , It was perfect , including the ambiant music.
She is totally crazy ...but i like it.

YES.gif

Oh and the sister talk was great too.. Totally intresting to note that the adpoted sister was probably aware of what happenned with AST before they had this exchange.

So I'm watching Aikatsu!. Right now, I'm up to episode 21, and I find myself really enjoying it. Every idol show I've watched has a different atmosphere, and this, in spite of its focus on a Bandai fashion/arcade game trading card line, has as much appeal to it as something like Love Live!. Yurika's only been around for a few episodes, and I like her already. She doesn't really have chuunibyou, just a really elaborate stage persona, but her dedication to it is enjoyable. Plus, Johnny Bepp has to be one of the most fun side characters to watch, just for ALL THE ENGLISH.
Can I just say that I love your avatar?
To be fair, the word that he used was 熱量; it can also be translated as "caloric value". Maybe actually meant that KLK has more meat/content than Lagann?

So what he's saying is that the girls gain a lot of weight by the end of the show?

thanks

Seen it, amazing looking movie!
ok cool

Wolf Children
Colorful
Time of Eve
You Are Umasou

thanks for the list, I think I saw a trailer for Wolf Children, looked pretty cool.
I'm gonna second Hells. My AOTY of last year (despite it actually being made in 2008).
okidoki.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
That sounds much better. If it was more hot-blooded than TTGL, I really would suffocate!
The funny thing is by the standards of Imaishi. TTGL was incredibly restrained[/b] it's his most restrained and traditional show to date in light of Dead Leaves and Panty&Stocking.:p

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Yo!

Not too "recent" and probably seen/oft recommended, idk, but I like Makoto Shinkai's films:

5 Centimeters Per Second
The Place Promised in Our Early Days

also, I thought Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers was pretty good too. If you've seen the original series, it's the same cast of characters but otherwise unrelated; different histories, relationships, story. I'd say you'd be okay to watch it even if you haven't seen the original series.

The funny thing is by the standards of Imaishi. TTGL was incredibly restrained[/b] it's his most restrained and traditional show to date in light of Dead Leaves and Panty&Stocking.:p

There's a fair amount of buildup in TTGL compared to the other stuff, which is mostly 100% crazy right from the beginning and doesn't have a gradual, exponential growth in hot-bloodedness like TTGL. That's why parts like the end of episode 11 are so effective.

I'm hoping KLK will be similar in the sense that the insanity increase is reasonably paced instead of just being at the highest the show can go all the time like Panty & Stocking, or the inconsistent ups and downs of Dead Leaves which just blows its load during the ending.

Midonin

Oh thanks for the link, and I too love pixiv!

So I take it you like K-ON! as well?
Probably the KyoAni series, if not anime series in general, that's had the most impact on me. The reason why involves a combination of timing, an infamous doujinshi series, and a general love of music and cute girls on my part. The series affected me so much that I got one of the HTT T-shirts from the final school festival from KyoAni's online store because that episode moved me so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom