• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just stay out of the thread as I expect its fate to be the same. It can be difficult discussing the Type-Moon universe without spoiling SOMETHING which is why I prefer talking about it on /a/.

High school Dxd Born - 02

Seems like they are doing exactly as i expected last week and they are indeed fusionning every plot and sub plot of 5 books in 1 season.( instead of 2 )

So many changes:
-Sairaog appeared during issei training instead of azazel.
-Saji has already started azazel special training ( doesn't happen untill 1 month at least in the novels)
-The meeting of the yound devils has been replaced with a meeting between devil and the other gods
-
Baraquiel trains akeno
( biggest change )
-looks like the sitri vs gremory match won't happen.
-Ravel was alone when meeting issei ( the vast circumstances of their meeting has been changed despite the content to be roughly the same ).
-Issei training
didn't get interrupted by rias mother ( how the heck are they going to insert the gremory familly training with asia and xenovia ? )
-The sitri devil school sub plot has been totally cut.
-Issei dialog with tannin and the tanning past has been cut.

And that's roughly on my head after seeing the ep once. I'm sure more has been changed.
I realise that cuts are necessary but goddamn that's a lot ot process. I mean i know what will happen , but i have no idea how it'll happen.
I have no idea if the dragon song will still be IN.
Goddam there is a reason why there is a cut between " Birth of the Breast Dragon Emperor" arcs and the "The Heroic Oppai Dragon" arcs , there is a clear change for the characters but everything is messed up.

Still it's dxd , too bad the anime won't be praised for it's story now that everything is compressed as hell. and the censoring is not that great either. at least it's better than Testament in terms of censorship.

Arslan Senki 2

iqANTTt.jpg

Daryoon looking like a badass.

Man I'm really enjoying this series. Just loving the fantasy vibe. Anyways this episode was still the prologue and the beginning of the Kingdom's fall. I mean we still haven't gotten the main cast together yet so we still have to wait a bit. Though I don't mind because I like the pace the series is going. But yeah once the whole main cast gathers that's when the series really starts. I'm really wonder if Arslan really isn't related to his father, did the mother have an affair hmmm.

Anyways that Advisor is really a backstabbing shit. I wonder what his reasons were. Arslan is most likely gonna get character development and experience from his maiden battle which is a good thing. Considering its a coming of age story. Also I don't see the problem with the MC being wimpy I mean he's 14 years old and it's his first real battle. I don't know why some are expecting him to be badass from the start. He needs to develop before that happens.

The Ending is great and the Opening is good as well. Can't wait for next week, pretty much one of my top favorite show airing alongside BBB and Gintama.

phaze

Triage X First 5 minutes.

What's the point of creating a show like this when even all your eye candy is ugly as sin.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 01

Hey I think you already answered that question in the first 6 minutes.You can safely end the show now.

Even without my aversion to all things MMORPG it would be a clear drop. Hestia is worstia, good riddance etc.

Triage X First 5 minutes.

What's the point of creating a show like this when even all your eye candy is ugly as sin.
It was certainly better in the manga ( or at least easier for the mind )

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? 01

Hey I think you already answered that question in the first 6 minutes.You can safely end the show now.

Even without my aversion to all things MMORPG it would be a clear drop. Hestia is worstia, good riddance etc.

Someone who hasn't been given the blessing of the godess.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - 01

What the fuck, I went in blind and expected some Harry Potter thing. I got Freaky Friday: Nippon High School.
That said it had some fun moments and reaction faces so I'll check out more. Not a single suave witch hat in the entire episode besides the OP. 0/10, c'mon step it up.

Sort of how I felt about the manga at first, 15 chapters in and I was thinking "if this series wasn't called yamada and the 7 witches I wouldn't keep expecting more magic powers to show up".

Yamada and the 7 witches

Pretty good adaptation of the manga so far, quiet a bit of :dtl in that first episode and some :sdburton teased for next week

cajunator

Banned
yo anime people. Looking for something to watch, and I don't know quite how to describe it. Are there any series out there that are fantasy, light-hearted, adventure-type shows? I'm not looking for anything too anime-y. Does this make sense??? I have crunchyroll (no idea why) and Netflix.

Log Horizon as others have suggested is quite solid fantasy/MMO style without being extremely anime. It has its moments though.

The only scene I felt it at first is with that second retrieval. Maybe I set myself in the grandmother's shoes at that moment and the rush of emotions that would come forth during that situation. As a human, knowing that would be the outcome eventually, I don't think I could even sign up to start that relationship to begin with. That same philosophical argument has come up for years; would you want to know the day you will die? What about the day your wife, child, or other family member will? No way could I live like that...

I'm just lucky I read that while I was out shopping with my family and not at my work PC, especially after reading a few of those shit-posts; I literally would have gone off on a tangent and gotten myself banned probably, lol. It was almost felt like hatespeak, prejudice, and racism at the same time, but alas, it was just plain, straight-up ignorance. Just because you dislike a medium, it doesn't mean you get to stereotype those that do. Do you even know me? Oh well, such is the internet where you can hide behind a computer screen and spout nonsense just because with no real-life retribution. Unless you mess with Curt Schilling, of course, lol. I may be new to anime directly, but I've been gaming for more than 25 years now and it's always been around and will continue to be. I can't waive a banner of righteousness for it, but I'm loving my time watching some of the great show. It's all the VITA anniversary PSN sales fault for getting me to watch SAO.. Actually, it was one of ya'lls fault for telling me I had to watch the series to understand the content in the game, lol..

Ive learned to just keep my mouth shut in threadsl ike that. you wont correct anyone and will only set yourself up as a ban target.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero - 1-4

I don't know why they call themselves heroes, they are magical girl.

Not sure about the story yet, but the OST is lovely.

Oh they are heroes alright.
tragic heroes

I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying s2 01

Man it really helps the gags that the music just keeps going over the punchlines, lol.

This is an underrated gem of the past couple seasons. enjoy it immensely.

These dakis are so tame compared to others, so I don't really mind them.

Well thats true at least they didnt go overboard into creeper territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdnI_Nx9YwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QgmkUJbd4

CM + PV for the Date A Live movie. Not sure if posted already.

dw2pSkx.png

Mayuri human form > spirit form.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Show By Rock!! 02

There's plenty of focus on Shingan for DTL, and they are appropriately goofy. The middle part of the episode with Cyan was the part I was paying the most attention to. Strawberry Heart explains a bit more of what's going on - basically, Cyan is trapped here until she can figure out how to stop the monsters. Everyone else's backstories don't seem to hint at being humans, so perhaps Cyan is the only one.

Upon further thinking about it, this show probably has some of Wandaba Style's DNA in it, too. Sunday has a lot of cute/fun shows, and this may be the one I'm looking forward to the most. Though Grisaia and Yamada are debuting today, so I'll see what those are like.

AHH! Wandaba Style <3
It does kind of remind me of that a little bit. But not a lot.
Kinda miss that show. Like it fell off the face of the Earth.

Cyan singing was super-cute, though!

I cant wait. I hope Im ready for it
Im not ready

I think it's Princess Mononoke. I also love Whisper of the Heart, but I think that was Isao Takahata?

My favorite is definitely Princess mononoke. when it came out on bluray finally I was so excited!

cajunator

Banned
Hello! Kiniro Mosaic episode 2

Heh, the anime isn't being subtle about this, are they?
fZkIyFh.png

WTF? I don't understand this scene.
H3tZd4a.png

That show wasnt ever subtle about it lol. Still adorable as ever I see. Cant wait to watch it.

Hence my absolute disgust at it.

At least they pronounce scone correctly (rhyming with 'gone' not 'cone').

mmm jelly biscuits

Show by Rock 2

Why am I still watching this show? The amount of moe in this anime can't possibly be good for my health. But then again...

tumblr_lqx96xomv51r0vk10o1_500.gif

It is good for your soul, bad for your heart.

Seraph of the End 2

This plot is still dumb as rocks, but it sure does look pretty. Timid male friend is boring but condensing blue haired girl is a lot of fun for a female lead. Glad to see we're not faffing about with him in school doing school shenanigans for half the season like I was afraid we would.

Midonin

The Labyrinth of Grisaia

Yuuji isn't a badass. I mean that as a compliment. As far as the eroge anime of a few seasons ago went, I found that Grisaia had the most interesting stories for the girls, but I wasn't very fond of Yuuji. Too smart alecky and emotionless. This shows that, like Kiritsugu, beneath every so-called "Batman" (a comparison I feel has been way overused) is someone who's mostly trying to escape. That does make for a more complex character, but it makes me feel like calling him a "badass" for his sniping skills that - much like Kazuki's art - is being put to use in a way that he never, ever intended it to be used - is... sort of missing the point.

I do feel more sympathetic to him now, and the way that these long specials always feel like a movie does make it a unique part of Sunday's shows. The entire show felt more cinematic, though that may be the widescreen playing tricks on my mind. Where Eden goes, I do not know, but while I wouldn't call it the best eroge adaptation, Grisaia is the one I'm always looking forward to the next episode for. Visceral, interesting, and yet - even here, with the post-credits scene, with some humor, it's showing that VN anime still have a place in today's scene.

Normally this is where I'd go find some Girlfriend Beta to serve as a counterpoint, but I'll make do with some PriPara. I prefer to watch PriPara when I'm half-tired and half-lucid, as that makes for more interesting episode impressions. So... the spring season is now officially underway.

Heroic Legend of Arslan 2

Thankfully there wasn't too many scenes of bad looking cg armies charging/clashing though this series would be 10x better if there was no cg. Fairly strong episode though this is clearly still part of the prologue to the real adventure that has been teased in the OP/ED.

Cornbread78

No Game No Life ep8-end?
This series was a lot of fun to watch develope. Sora is a pretty likable protag and is always thinking ahead to his next move. He adds humor and falliabilty to the mix also. Obviously, there is a small harem factor involved, as well as some fanservice, but they are not the focus at all, you would love to see some additional relationship building involved with someone other than his sister, but not likely when the story is focused on a completely different goal. The part that sucks is that this is, yet another, series that is being cut off right in the middle of an ongoing story... When will there be a season 2? Uggh, another wait like Horizon In, Yona, and Log Horizon. ...

Well, off to watch some Dog Days now..

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life ep8-end?
This series was a lot of fun to watch develope. Sora is a pretty likable protag and is always thinking ahead to his next move. He adds humor and falliabilty to the mix also. Obviously, there is a small harem factor involved, as well as some fanservice, but they are not the focus at all, you would love to see some additional relationship building involved with someone other than his sister, but not likely when the story is focused on a completely different goal. The part that sucks is that this is, yet another, series that is being cut off right in the middle of an ongoing story... When will there be a season 2? Uggh, another wait like Horizon In, Yona, and Log Horizon. ...

Yeah it sucks that theres no S2 announced yet.
What did you think about that last game? It was like they planned so ridiculously far ahead and really did an asspull but it was so much fun!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Arslan senki 2
This is cool. I like the warfare and that political backstab.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 2

GLOWING DONG!
Rie Matsumoto "TOEI-ness" is still strong on this one.
I like that silly pizza joke and battle ost. That some good stuff.

Plastic Memories 2

Still on fence with this one. Could be interesting in the later run.

UBW 14

New content that actually good. I like Caster backstory with her previous master.

Thoraxes

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - 01

This show is cute as fuck. The main kinpatsu lead is also so fucking adorable.

Definitely looking forward to a new episode of this every week.

just finished Bakemonogatari.
It was pretty cool. Not the greatest anime ever, but cool.

Is it worth watching the sequel(s) / prequel? I have a gazillion anime in my backlog i must watch, so it must be as good or better.

TUSR

Banned

Is it worth watching the sequel(s) / prequel? I have a gazillion anime in my backlog i must watch, so it must be as good or better.

yeah, though nise the sequel isnt as strong as bake, everything else is good

Gintama - 025

This was amazing. The mind games were hilarious. Nabeleon slayed me. I was fully expecting
Sadaharu
to sweep it all.
When I saw
Ryuk at the end I finally realized it was a parody of Death Note
. I will never be able to think about it again, without connecting it to this silly hot pot. Well played.

No Game No Life ep8-end?

If that makes you feel better there is just enough material for an S2, but since there is no material afterwards , i'm unsure whenever they will try to make an S2.

Blusby

Yes, Monogatari 2nd Season is better (not Nisemonogatari).

Go like this now:

Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari Kuro -> Monogatari 2nd Season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Shirobako 9

I'm cringing so fucking hard and this walla scene. Probably because I'm an actor and know the feelings all too well lol.

what the fuck am I even watching.

HOWDY

Ping Pong 9

So well paced and so well written. I love how well fleshed out everyone is...goals, dreams, back-story, fears, hopes, everyone does and they're almost all universally explored.

These last two matches are gonna be amazing.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 19

MAN THIS EPISODE WAS DARK AS FUCK. Seriously the most fucked up episode.

Parasyte 9

Yeah, you tell them, Spider-man.

Oh yeah, Yuno. You could be wrong about a guy with a liquid putty head. Totally. Yeah talk to the man eating monster. Fucking hell.

It's dumb but I love this shit.

Kanón

A crazy metaphor of personal responsibility, idealism, anime, and religion. Or something. Everything felt like it was moving at Ludicrous Speed and I was Dark Helmet. Looked fucking amazing though. Lilith was cute as all hell, too.

Blood-C 9

This is just a giant fucking blood bath, holy mother of god.

lol even the kid the escaped got fucked up

Where are all these moron students even coming from

how is that fucker the only one left

how are they both left

does that weird food having anything to do with this shit?

this is all some like magic holodeck simulation isn't it?

"How did you make it out of that almost-literal meatgrinder?" "I...I guess...I was worried about you. BECAUSE I LIKE YOU"

great writing. A++++. high fives all around, folks. this is hilarous. no one is explaining anything and Saia is too dense and passive to press harder.

Glorious ending.

Arjuna 9

Okay, here we go.

IN MY DAY YOU FUCKING MODERN WHIPPERSNAPPERS

lol live action and Attack on Titan grade still image montages. Amazing.

The even reuse images. GG.

SMOKING IS BAD M'KAY

wait a second...

AJHAJAJKJAJAKJF;dsafadwvwratarwkljfterasvtnlan gljkasdmh fmasdfnhmkasdnhvsdallllllllllllllllllllllllllllvmnhjaks;djfk,asmdlfhnlkmasdfkasdjfmklasdf

what a dig. this is amazing

what the fuck am i watching

jesus christ make it stop i want to get off
Little Fetus's
Wild
Sex
Ride

i fucking can't...there just happens to be a hosipital next door

man fuck off. this show is even against modern medicine in general. fuck off. hippiest fucking show ever.

"mommy hold me" yes please i need an adult right now

this show is against fucking drugs? all babies cry jesus fucking christ. you're all morons.

i wanna die this show. this show makes me want to abort myself

BUT ABORTION IS WRONG APEARENTLY FUCK WOMEN'S RIGHTS AND MODERN SCIENCE

lol chiptune soundtrack

this is just stupid mumbo jumbo

No fuck off. Ancient people were fucking dumb. They didn't know jack compared to what we know, bitch.

that coloring on juna's face was actually really well done. I like that when the cartoony full face blush faded, they left her ears and cheeks red.

oh so now crying is okay fuck off

but since it is now, excuse me. This show has made me want to go cry. I'm in so much pain. My head hurts. My gut hurts. I can't.

cajunator

Banned
Shirobako 9

I'm cringing so fucking hard and this walla scene. Probably because I'm an actor and know the feelings all too well lol.

what the fuck am I even watching.

HOWDY

Ping Pong 9

So well paced and so well written. I love how well fleshed out everyone is...goals, dreams, back-story, fears, hopes, everyone does and they're almost all universally explored.

These last two matches are gonna be amazing.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 19

MAN THIS EPISODE WAS DARK AS FUCK. Seriously the most fucked up episode.

Parasyte 9

Yeah, you tell them, Spider-man.

Oh yeah, Yuno. You could be wrong about a guy with a liquid putty head. Totally. Yeah talk to the man eating monster. Fucking hell.

It's dumb but I love this shit.

Kanón

A crazy metaphor of personal responsibility, idealism, anime, and religion. Or something. Everything felt like it was moving at Ludicrous Speed and I was Dark Helmet. Looked fucking amazing though. Lilith was cute as all hell, too.

Blood-C 9

This is just a giant fucking blood bath, holy mother of god.

lol even the kid the escaped got fucked up

Where are all these moron students even coming from

how is that fucker the only one left

how are they both left

does that weird food having anything to do with this shit?

this is all some like magic holodeck simulation isn't it?

"How did you make it out of that almost-literal meatgrinder?" "I...I guess...I was worried about you. BECAUSE I LIKE YOU"

great writing. A++++. high fives all around, folks. this is hilarous. no one is explaining anything and Saia is too dense and passive to press harder.

Glorious ending.

Arjuna 9

Okay, here we go.

IN MY DAY YOU FUCKING MODERN WHIPPERSNAPPERS

lol live action and Attack on Titan grade still image montages. Amazing.

The even reuse images. GG.

SMOKING IS BAD M'KAY

wait a second...

AJHAJAJKJAJAKJF;dsafadwvwratarwkljfterasvtnlan gljkasdmh fmasdfnhmkasdnhvsdallllllllllllllllllllllllllllvmnhjaks;djfk,asmdlfhnlkmasdfkasdjfmklasdf

what a dig. this is amazing

what the fuck am i watching

jesus christ make it stop i want to get off
Little Fetus's
Wild
Sex
Ride

i fucking can't...there just happens to be a hosipital next door

man fuck off. this show is even against modern medicine in general. fuck off. hippiest fucking show ever.

"mommy hold me" yes please i need an adult right now

this show is against fucking drugs? all babies cry jesus fucking christ. you're all morons.

i wanna die this show. this show makes me want to abort myself

BUT ABORTION IS WRONG APEARENTLY FUCK WOMEN'S RIGHTS AND MODERN SCIENCE

lol chiptune soundtrack

this is just stupid mumbo jumbo

No fuck off. Ancient people were fucking dumb. They didn't know jack compared to what we know, bitch.

that coloring on juna's face was actually really well done. I like that when the cartoony full face blush faded, they left her ears and cheeks red.

oh so now crying is okay fuck off

but since it is now, excuse me. This show has made me want to go cry. I'm in so much pain. My head hurts. My gut hurts. I can't.

And finally we reach the zenith.
*holds Felix

Cornbread78

If that makes you feel better there is just enough material for an S2, but since there is no material afterwards , i'm unsure whenever they will try to make an S2.

Ugghh, they need to at least put their own conclusion to the story since it is so much fun.

Yeah it sucks that theres no S2 announced yet.
What did you think about that last game? It was like they planned so ridiculously far ahead and really did an asspull but it was so much fun!

The
coin flip
and completion of that game was awesome stuff. Great foresight and planning into that one!

Ugghh, they need to at least put their own conclusion to the story since it is so much fun.

That's what they did , the last minute(s) of the last episode is anime only stuff in order to have a semi-decent conclusion.
I'd even argue that
the fact that old deus just suddenly appears as a makeshift cliffanger
is nonsense.

HELLO! Kiniro Mosaic 2
The new teacher is the best, reminds me of Sotomura from Waratte Sotomura.

Labrynith of Grisia
It was somewhat dark backstory to Yuuji. Although it seems condensed, it seemed pretty solid. I didn't expect that his sister was that obsessed with him

watch Bakemonogatari 2.

yeah, though nise the sequel isnt as strong as bake, everything else is good

Yes, Monogatari 2nd Season is better (not Nisemonogatari).

Go like this now:

Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari Kuro -> Monogatari 2nd Season -> Hanamonogatari -> Tsukimonogatari

Thanks. Adding to my list...

Damn it's never ending, each time i watch one anime i add four.

Yamada-kun 1

Its been a while since I read the manga but it seemed like they crammed a lot into the first episode. It's a pretty decent adaptation so far otherwise. Yamada and Shiraishi are adorable as always.

sonicmj1

Show By Rock 2

This is surprisingly good. ShinganCrimsonz are a lot more fun than the girl group since they don't just blandly all get along, and they don't have anyone like that bassist girl who acts like a creepy stalker around Cyan. Even the music is pretty alright. But I don't want to watch this kind of show. I'm just not in the mood for it anymore. So it'll have to go on without me.

Cornbread78

That's what they did , the last minute(s) of the last episode is anime only stuff in order to have a semi-decent conclusion.
I'd even argue that
the fact that old deus just suddenly appears as a makeshift cliffanger
is nonsense.

My uugghh remains, how does he get to the battle with
Tet
? That's what I want to see and know.

Dog Days
1 min in and I saw a Chocobo, I'm all in...

Shmuppers

Yo~

Hopefully it's okay to bring this question here.

I watched the first season of Ippo (those first 70-something episodes) and I loved it. Now, I'm a bit confused as to which order I should watch the movies (if at all) and New Challenger/Rising.

Mr.Jeff

Yo~

Hopefully it's okay to bring this question here.

I watched the first season of Ippo (those first 70-something episodes) and I loved it. Now, I'm a bit confused as to which order I should watch the movies (if at all) and New Challenger/Rising.
From what I can remember, there's 3 specials before the 2nd series New Challenger: Boxer's Fist, Champion's Road and Kimura vs Mashiba. After New Challenger it goes onto Rising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom