• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Gunslinger is pretty uncertain for me. Episode 2 was pretty dull. Its an interesting concept, but I'm thinking its gonna slide to the "Awful tier."

Hopefully I'm wrong though. In the meantime, back to Space Battleship yamato 2199 I go!

Show by Rock!! 1

Why is this so cute.

Why is the CG so good? Seriously I'm really impressed with it. Very fluid. How much is the budget!?

Baby Steps 2 2:
I had such a big smile at the end of the episode. It was great to see him pull that off. Baby Steps hasn't missed a beat in terms of getting back into the same rhythm the show established in the first season. I like seeing Eichiro learn more about himself and improve his tennis. He seems to have shown these new guys that he can hang with them, too.

Show by Rock!! 1

Why is this so cute.

Why is the CG so good? Seriously I'm really impressed with it. Very fluid. How much is the budget!?
Show by Rock's CG does look fantastic but what really impresses me is they know when to use it and it has its own purpose. Rather than mixing it in with sakuga where it looks out of place it is used for only one type of scene.

Those in SAO houses shouldn't throw "good story and content"s.
Ouch.

Tuck

Yamato 2199 - Episode 16
Big CG Bug is out of place as fuck. And its fighting a CG mech that actually looks pretty good, in a show that has had decent CG overall.

So wf happened?!

Anyways, coups are fun. Always love me a good coup d'etat.

Cornbread78

Ouch, that was an honest question and I get SAO thrown at me? Damn... It was my first and you always favor your first, so, deal with it, lol. Also, I still really liked season 1 in comparison to some of the stuff I've watched so far, so yeah..

In SAO II, everything that came after ASADA SAN ASADA SAN ASADA SAN was pretty enjoyable. I especially liked Calibur. It was what I had wished SAO was: bunch of people inside an MMO doing quests and stuff and exploring awesome locations. No rape anywhere in sight.

Show by Rock's CG does look fantastic but what really impresses me is they know when to use it and it has its own purpose. Rather than mixing it in with sakuga where it looks out of place it is used for only one type of scene.

What is this show based on? Feels like I've seen a bunch of CG animal-girls rock out somewhere.

Dog Days
1 min in and I saw a Chocobo, I'm all in...

Hope you're ready to HNNNNNNGHH

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I'm still on Ep. 3, I don't find it as good as Zero, IMO.

To be fair, Fate/Zero is pretty boring until the second half. The cooking might bore you to death in Fate/UBW, but it is worth it for the amazing action scenes.

Samurai Flamenco 07
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Ok, I was not expecting this.

Don't be surprise yet, it is only episode 7 ~_~

Dog Days
1 min in and I saw a Chocobo, I'm all in...

The show is a lot better than I expected, and there are 2 seasons so you are in for quite a ride.

Midonin

Linebarrels of Iron 16-18

Between the Japanese game show that is the chief's security measures and the twins doing a karaoke contest and a manzai show in order to raise the peoples' spirits, this show has both gotten more and less serious than I was expecting from it. The occupation of Japan was done with fairly quickly, all things considered. The matter of
Yajime being alive and Katou being Emi's brother
, however, should provide more than enough plot fuel for the remaining episodes. In the Koichi vs Yajima conflict, I can see the arguments both sides are making - and in the end, both of them are trying to be selfless, they just have different ideas of what they need to sacrifice in order to achieve their goals.

I've grown to like just about everybody at the People's Front of Judea, save for Reiji.

What is this show based on? Feels like I've seen a bunch of CG animal-girls rock out somewhere.
Mobile game by Sanrio.

rrvv

Show by Rock didnt click me so I am going to drop it for now

So I am going to watch

Disappearance Yuki chan
BBB
Seraph
Yahari
Plastic Memory

Jintor

Excalibur?

latest

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
SAO II Sleeping Knight arc is actually good IMO. I think the theme is interesting.

Show that i will follow for now
- BBB (for the sakuga)
- Arslan Senki (CG kinda eh...but i like the warfare)
- Ore Monogatari (Best bromance and romance)
- Shokugeki no Soma (Foodgasm)
- UBW (Sakuga fighting)
- Plastic Memories (Could be interesting)
- Danmachi (String tits)
- Danna ga wakaranai ken (Cool Kyoushinsha is cool indeed)
- SNAFU too (Nananananana 8man!)
- Punchline (I swear i watch it for the plot)
- Mikagura (for the song....)
- Hibike Euphonium (almost forgot it)

Jintor

stupid danmachi production values making my stupid easily led brain watch the show

if it had low production values i'd drop it in a heartbeat but my dumb brain really likes those designs :(

Serious

The shows I'm actually hyped for:

Punchline (I still want to know where the hell the "lolsorandom ecchi humor" complaints are coming from. I had the exact opposite takeaway, everything feels very thought out)
Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V
Nanoha ViVid

Solid as well:

Euphonium
DxD
Kekkai Sensen
Sidonia S2
Ore Monogatari
Mikagura Gakuen
Plastic Memories
Shokugeki no Souma
Show by Rock
Yahari

Indifferent for but not going to drop:

UBW

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I picked up, but this is probably the lowest amount of shows I've ever picked up in the last 3 years of watching airing anime. Some of it's just experience and knowing my tastes better, but there's very little to get excited and surprised over, so few originals.

Summer looks amazing though.

sonicmj1

I'm definitely onboard with Blood Blockade Battlefront, and the first episode of Sound! Eurphonium has me very optimistic. I'd also like to keep following Punch Line and Ore Monogatari for now. Teekyu and spinoff are also pretty low investment follows.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

*sighs* this is why no one takes anime fans seriously. It's one of the few shows that transcends the anime genre, and yet I bet you think a pretentious scribble that exists to fellate moe haters like Pong Pong is good.

Jintor

gf cosplay costume confirmed

hahaha she'll kill me

*sighs* this is why no one takes anime fans seriously. It's one of the few shows that transcends the anime genre, and yet I bet you think a pretentious scribble that exists to fellate moe haters like Pong Pong is good.

+++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR +++ please reinstall universe and reboot

Show by Rock didnt click me so I am going to drop it for now

So I am going to watch

Disappearance Yuki chan
BBB
Seraph
Yahari
Plastic Memory

I'm definitely onboard with Blood Blockade Battlefront, and the first episode of Sound! Eurphonium has me very optimistic. I'd also like to keep following Punch Line and Ore Monogatari for now. Teekyu and spinoff are also pretty low investment follows.

The shows I'm actually hyped for:

No Arslan Senki.😌

No seriously y'all should watch it. It's a great coming of age story. It also has a nice fantasy atmosphere.

Tuck

You're only perpetuating the tired notion that AnimeGAF is filled with conceited elitists with comments like that.

Don't do it
ButI thought anime was was filled with per-

Actually no, I'm not going to make that joke. Too easy. And also I'm part of animegaf.

Jintor

ya'll have to confront the reality that anime/mangaf will never not be labelled a den of perverts
because yo there's a lot of risque stuff in the things we post here y'know
so there's no real point trying to avoid that label. there's no magic threshold of qualityposting where the notion of animegaf not being a den of perverts will suddenly take hold amongst the wider gaf populace

in that sense, then, i take the philosophy of post what you like and let the consensus decide if there wants to be a decent conversation about it

http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/150413/afr1504130016-n1.html
Mamare Touno, author of Log Horizon is arrested due to tax evasion.

Well uh, RIP s3?

YOU WROTE TWO SERIES ABOUT ECONOMICS YOU IDIOT

/edit uh, this seems to be about the production company behind Log Horizon on a casual glance. Let me see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom