• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If Kyon doesn't act in his old manner when he's introduced to Haruhi, I assume by the ending of the last episode, next week all hope will be lost. He was cynical before he even met the others, it makes no sense for him to suddenly lose that side of him (of course losing his internal thoughts adds to this problem).

I'll still continue to watch it.

wonzo

Banned
Haly is climbing the mountain that Dresden climbed though.
prisonschool173.png

Gundam ZZ 2-3

Time for some not anime. Seeing someone screwing up in the Zeta after Kamille wrecked so much shit with it is disheartening. Don't really like Judau so far, but maybe he'll grow on me like Kamille did.

Lain

Shokugeki no Soma 1-2

Pretty good adaption so far, which reinforces the following thought.
Erina is the embodiment of shit. Probably in new dictonaries, under crap one could find her mugshot.

The ED is kinda weak though.

Kekkai Sensen and Re-Kan have my favourite ED so far, still haven't seen a couple.

Punchline is probably my favourite OP...it's silly and fun. I quite like the GitS OP too, but I haven't watched the show yet, I've only seen the OP clip.

Reknoc

Shokugeki no Soma 1-2

Pretty good adaption so far, which reinforces the following thought.
Erina is the embodiment of shit. Probably in new dictonaries, under crap one could find her mugshot.

The ED is kinda weak though.

I quite the ED. Really enjoy the song and it's got a good amount of secret best girl (Yoshino)

Pooya

shirobako exodus

This is actually pretty good, damn. Characters look turrible though.
They should make a jiggly heaven OVA.

phaze

Naruto has the best OP&ED this season.

Not even trolling. Cutie Madara ftw.

Kaiba 06

The long awaited reunion where neither of the two lovers (?) realises it.

I dunno, going by the scraps of info they dished out so far, this might yet turn into some twisted love triangle. Why would the leader of the rebellion tell the main lead that his name is Warp when that's the name his love interest hates ? But then his first body did look like that of the Warp. And he could have just killed him or something. Arrgh not enough data.

I have to say halfway through, the show isn't grabbing me as much as I would like it to.The juxtaposition of the show's artstyle with it's story, setting and themes makes for a unique combination but outside of ep 3, the episodic stories just aren't doing it for me. Music is good though.

BluWacky

Kaiba

I have to say halfway through, the show isn't grabbing me as much as I would like it to.The juxtaposition of the show's artstyle with it's story, setting and themes makes for a unique combination but outside of ep 3, the episodic stories just aren't doing it for me. Music is good though.

Perhaps you'll enjoy the non-episodic second half of the series more then.

I should rewatch Kaiba. It really was beautiful.

fertygo

So I'm reading some news about Mari Okada's newest movie and oh my goodness the descriptions of the characters, guys.

"A girl whose words were sealed away"

"A boy who avoids talking about his true feelings"

"An honors student who's concerned about love"

"An ex-baseball club ace who spends his days sulking"

Wow. Just wow. I've read some generic character descriptions before but this, this is something else.
When its came to Okada, generic means a good thing.

I miss shirobako already, why all new anime this season so shitty : I don't have high expectations.

yamada 1

so is this a harem where Yamada kisses a new girl every time and checks their underwear? sure looks that way...

that one anime with girl seeing ghosts 1

this was alright, actually mildly funny even. not sure if I watch more though.

arslan 2

not really feeling this, man that CG is so horrible : just after Maria Witch too, that looked like one million time better than this...

bones stuff next.

Shirobako wasn't even that good :)

Anyways as for Arslan it's still in the prologue. So once the main cast is established that's when things start to get real good and goes adventure mode.

Well yeah. According to the story description on the website, the "Egg Fairy" came and took away her ability to talk to stop her from hurting people because of a <certain thing> she said.

Wtf am I reading. That doesn't make since if she's literally incapable of speaking, be it by magic or just losing her voice in a natural way/being born like that. Also it just HAS to have this connection to her past and family to be inherently more dramatic huh.

Well, I don't really know the promise of this film, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Arcadius

Banned
Mushishi and Mushishi: The Next Chapter

So.... it was a bit to watch, and I watched the first season again so I could remember Ginko and the Mushishi life. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it all, there is so much content throughout the episodes that if I were to break it down, the post would end up being huge! I'll just say that I love this show; it's a perfect mix of slice of life with other elements involved, the supernatural aspect of it all is so rewarding. One of the best shows I've ever seen, I like to think it's thought provoking. Also, I love the OP and ED for the show, so serene and peaceful, never skipped it once.

I can't wait for the movie/special to come out, it's going to be so goooooooood!

Next on the list, something cute I think.

Wtf am I reading. That doesn't make since if she's literally incapable of speaking, be it by magic or just losing her voice in a natural way/being born like that. Also it just HAS to have this connection to her past and family to be inherently more dramatic huh.

Well, I don't really know the promise of this film, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

Well, it's the same team that did Ano Hana, which I found to be...okay. Opinions of it are certainly split here but I didn't think it was all that bad in what it was trying to do. And with its premise I could at least tell where it was going.

But this, I had no clue what this movie is going for as soon I read the words: "Egg Fairy".

So we have that, generic character descriptions, and the story is being written by Mari Okada.

I cannot wait to read impressions of it here when this movie comes out.

phaze

I usually do. If second half is mostly continuous story, I should fare better with it.

I can't wait for the movie/special to come out, it's going to be so goooooooood!

Next on the list, something cute I think.

If you don't have anything on the radar yet, check out Love Lab:

Cornbread78

Dog Days S2 ep. 1-8-9-13
OK, summer vacation continues, this is entertertaining to say the least...
dogdaysii3.jpg
dogdaysii2.jpg

and the OP hero:
dogdaysii4.jpg

EDIT:9-13 are more of the same. Unfortunately, NA fans can't see S3 through Crunchy, so now I'll have to find something else to watch..

CDiggity

Saw the new LWA2 character designs. Looking good, but I doubt they will be better than Sucy. To be fair though, she is tough to beat

PK Gaming

Humanity has Declined 7-8

2iuf96R.png

Hah!

So 7 and 8 were time travel episodes. I was hoping that seeing her paradox clones would freak out the mediator, but she doesn't really react to their existence. Overall, it was a fun arc that somehow managed to be the origin story for the assistant. Neat.

PS: This show is still as incomprehensible as ever, but it's clear now that the fairies are pretty dangerous (i'm looking forward to seeing how they're dealt with in the final episode).

Cornbread78

So Anime GAF, moving on from Dog Days S1/2,

Looking for something new to experience, what is the thought on the below?

- Fruit of Grisaia
- World Break: Aria of Curse...
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos
- Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You)

Are any of these worth my time, and if not, is there a series out that there that takes you along an adventure, maybe the guy actually picks and fight for a love interest (ya right) and is COMPLETE?

Baalzebup

- Fruit of Grisaia
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos

Are any of these worth my time, and if not, is there a series out that there that takes you along an adventure, maybe the guy actually picks and fight for a love interest (ya right) and is COMPLETE?

Campione is pretty awesome in some ways. Nowhere near complete, but the harem at least goes somewhere and the guy is far from spineless unlike most harem leads.

Instead watch Baccano.

This is true in the sense that you really should watch Baccano at some point. 'tis simply great.

Puruzi

Banned

- Fruit of Grisaia
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos

Only show I've watched on that list is Infinite Stratos. It's interesting.

If you want an adventure show, watch Kyousougiga. Not much in the way of love though. It's still really really good!

Cornbread78

Campione is pretty awesome in some ways. Nowhere near complete, but the harem at least goes somewhere and the guy is far from spineless unlike most harem leads.

This is true in the sense that you really should watch Baccano at some point. 'tis simply great.

Only show I've watched on that list is Infinite Stratos. It's interesting.
If you want an adventure show, watch Kyousougiga. Not much in the way of love though. It's still really really good!

No to all of those.
Instead watch The iDOLM@STER Baccano.

I was scrolling through Crunchy last night and added a bunch of shows with interesting plot notes, It appears they are all pretty sub-par, but I'm kinda stumped where to go next for a good show to watch. I like the shows that take you through an adventure and actually have an ending or at least a conclusion to a storyline.

I started watching Fruit of Grasaia real wick, since it is short. Although, more harem stuff, the premise sounds interesting.

Baccano is not on Crunchroll unfortunately.
I'll take a look through Kyousougiga
Campione sounds interesting as well as the "God Killer"

Tuck

- Fruit of Grisaia
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos

Again, Hunter x Hunter. or Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood if you haven't watched that (just power through the first ten episodes).

phaze

I was scrolling through Crunchy last night and added a bunch of shows with interesting plot notes, It appears they are all pretty sub-par, but I'm kinda stumped where to go next for a good show to watch. I like the shows that take you through an adventure and actually have an ending or at least a conclusion to a storyline.

I started watching Fruit of Grasaia real wick, since it is short. Although, more harem stuff, the premise sounds interesting.

Baccano is not on Crunchroll unfortunately.
I'll take a look through Kyousougiga
Campione sounds interesting as well as the "God Killer"

Important ! Start Kyousougiga with episode 1 and not 0 ! The latter will spoil a lot from eps 1-6 of KG.

After you finish the glory that is Kyousougiga, you might want to check also Gankutsuo which has a pretty important romantic subplot. And of course Toradora !

Clov

I actually felt the opposite about Kaiba; I really enjoyed the more episodic first half, and found the second half to be weaker. I still loved it overall, though. Wonderful series.

e_i

Sailor Moon S 07

Well then...

Makoto blushes a lot, there's some info about what Uranus and Neptune is trying to prevent and it's the episode where Man Puncher's avatar is from.

Ah, that episode. The one where the girl's think Makoto has gotten a new "best friend."
Hahahaha. I mean, the girls think she's gone lesbian.

Midonin

Sound! Euphonium 02

I'm unofficially declaring this Musical Tuesday. The two simulcasting shows both integrate music in some way, but that's all they really have in common. I stand by my TARI TARI comparisons with this episode. While I'm focusing my analysis on the characters and their specific stories, I do remember the choosing of the instruments like that. I had long arms, so that's how I ended up playing the trombone for three years. Hazuki choosing out the wrong mouthpiece was amusing, and a part of me is secretly hoping that Kumi ends up giving her Euphonium a nickname. I'll go with UFOmaru- never mind, that wouldn't really fit here.

Also, Sapphire's hairstyle is reminding me of some other character I saw before, but I just can't place who. Short haired but scruffy isn't used too often, but I've seen so many shows that I have a hard time remembering who else I'm thinking of.

Tuck

Important ! Start Kyousougiga with episode 1 and not 0 ! The latter will spoil a lot from eps 1-6 of KG.

After you finish the glory that is Kyousougiga, you might want to check also Gankutsuo which has a pretty important romantic subplot. And of course Toradora !
Kyusougiga started out amazing. Shame it became an incomprehensible, muddled mess by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom