• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

You scare me.

It has its flaws (some scene too borderline for me, some episodes really dragging on...) but i really like it.

You should definitely stick with it then. The fanservice and constant meandering is off-putting, but Second Season is really that good. It's absolutely worth suffering through Nise just to experience it.

PS: Everyone should experience something like episode 8 of Nisemonogatari at least once in their lifetime.

Narag

Etotama 1

TXujcONl.png

aight that was pretty fun. Maybe a little too rapidfire in its delivery though as it's somewhat exhausting.

I don't hate Gintama but rather I have always found it to be a slightly uneven show. There's been plenty of episodes I've scrubbed through because they bored me along with many more that I found excellent.

I wasn't overly impressed by the OVA or 1st episode but I'm sure there'll be something I'll enjoy down the line.

I guess I got the impression from your past posts that you were more of a Gintama fan than you actually were. Well, fair enough.

Blood Blockade Battlefront Ending
http://youtu.be/UzERK46CQzU

Please tell me a Ending this season that's better than BBB, yeah because you can't. This is so comfy and filled with personality. Just seeing the cast dance like dorks is just brilliant, makes me grin like a fool.😁 Plus that animation towards the end with the girl sliding her foot on the flower was really good.

No competition for this Ending.

Cornbread78

No, it's actually available on there so long as you're not in NA!
Oh, great, that NA prejudice, that sucks, yet another incomplete story now... Why do they do that?

I'll have to find something new to watch now.

Fantasy world, adventure, love/romance, good story (complete story) emotional is fine.. Anything else out there on Crunchyroll (NA) that I should catch up on?

Please tell me a Ending this season that's better than BBB, yeah because you can't. This is so comfy and filled with personality. Just seeing the cast dance like dorks is just brilliant, makes me grin like a fool.�� Plus that animation towards the end with the girl sliding her foot on the flower was really good.

Oh man...that one part near the end with the flashing colours and everyone dancing on the stage at once is just begging to be made into a PARTY HARD gif.

Moaradin

Please tell me a Ending this season that's better than BBB, yeah because you can't. This is so comfy and filled with personality. Just seeing the cast dance like dorks is just brilliant, makes me grin like a fool.😁 Plus that animation towards the end with the girl sliding her foot on the flower was really good.

It's awesome. One of the few endings that I don't want to skip.

John Blade

This 2nd part of the series is kinda mix for me as it feel much more different. This ova is break in few parts (1st the movie that is two episodes, while the rest is standard OVA episodes till the last two which is a short movie for each episodes).

This OVA kinda feel more into serious side and you see it on both the animation and also the story. You see this more near the end of the OVA. The 1st movie still have the touch you will get from the show which basically have the sense of humor you like from the the show. I actually like the movie in this ova mostly because they didn't change too much of the main character tone.

The rest of the OVA is kinda mixed bag when you think about it. In the early episodes, they talk about the side character past or life which is fine if you want to know more about them but most of the time it kinda feel like left over stuff which they didn't put in the show and kinda want to put it on here. You're not missing much really. The later ova episodes, it start to have some sort of a story which is about a new enemies weapon which was use against the human. This is kinda interesting but they kinda push it more into the serious side so all the fun and wacky stuff have been thrown away. The ending of the OVA is actually a nice touch as a fitting way for the ship that you follow.

For animation, after the 1st movie, it's more going into this serious look animation which is odd a bit as I like the fun animation look in the TV show. Not really a major negative but kinda wish they stick with the show. Still, look nice and age fine still.

Overall, if you love the TV show, the OVA is fine in the 1st movie and they change the tone quite a bit. I don't say the rest of the OVA is bad as it's still watchable, but you won't miss much till near the end when the main story is starting to expand. I still say go watch it if you're fan of the show or just stick with the 1st movie and end it there.

ibyea

Banned
Psycho Pass 2: 1
I liked the first season and decided to give this a try, even if I am aware people think it is worse. What I liked, Tsunemori was awesome, it was nice seeing some of the surviving members of the previous season back, and I like two of the new enforcers. Other than that I can see why it is a step down.
The inspector introduced in last episode of season 1, god she is grating. And why is she acting like this is the first time working under Tsunemori? She should know her modus operandi by now since it has been 1.5 years later. Secondly there is no freaking way the sybyl system did not detect that the hologram hostage wasn't a real person because it uses brain scans.
And is it me or does the show looks more drab in comparison to previous season.

cajunator

Banned

This 2nd part of the series is kinda mix for me as it feel much more different. This ova is break in few parts (1st the movie that is two episodes, while the rest is standard OVA episodes till the last two which is a short movie for each episodes).

This OVA kinda feel more into serious side and you see it on both the animation and also the story. You see this more near the end of the OVA. The 1st movie still have the touch you will get from the show which basically have the sense of humor you like from the the show. I actually like the movie in this ova mostly because they didn't change too much of the main character tone.

The rest of the OVA is kinda mixed bag when you think about it. In the early episodes, they talk about the side character past or life which is fine if you want to know more about them but most of the time it kinda feel like left over stuff which they didn't put in the show and kinda want to put it on here. You're not missing much really. The later ova episodes, it start to have some sort of a story which is about a new enemies weapon which was use against the human. This is kinda interesting but they kinda push it more into the serious side so all the fun and wacky stuff have been thrown away. The ending of the OVA is actually a nice touch as a fitting way for the ship that you follow.

For animation, after the 1st movie, it's more going into this serious look animation which is odd a bit as I like the fun animation look in the TV show. Not really a major negative but kinda wish they stick with the show. Still, look nice and age fine still.

Overall, if you love the TV show, the OVA is fine in the 1st movie and they change the tone quite a bit. I don't say the rest of the OVA is bad as it's still watchable, but you won't miss much till near the end when the main story is starting to expand. I still say go watch it if you're fan of the show or just stick with the 1st movie and end it there.

Tylor is legit great. Man what a treat.
The ova is kind of jarring but still good.
The original series though man..

javac

This weeks releases, for 04/14/15.

04/14/15
DD Fist of the North Star: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: BD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $42.99
GRyLuYjl.jpg

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $51.79
HDK7kYkl.jpg

Noir: Complete Collection {Anime Classics} [Funimation]
Run Time: 650 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1/Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 5.1
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $28.79
e1lA5F4m.jpg

DVD
04/14/15
DD Fist of the North Star: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 325 min
Audio: Japanese 2.0
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $34.99
fVtBuq5l.jpg

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Complete Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 600 min
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Format: DVD
Price: Price @ Amazon.com: $49.99
1EDUwCJl.jpg
Let me know if I missed anything :)

cajunator

Banned
They are very nice quality! Do you like the key frames too?

Which Denki-Gai key frame did you get? I got Sensei-chan, but I know someone else who got Sommelier.

I will have to check tomorrow. Had to do taxes today so I only opened the box to see if everything is there.

John Blade

Tylor is legit great. Man what a treat.
The ova is kind of jarring but still good.
The original series though man..

Love the original series quite a bit. I don't know if I love or hate the main character of the show. Sometime you laugh at how stupid he is and how his dumb luck manage to pull off the impossible. Other, you want to slap him hard as he is basically risking his crew. Still, what a fun ride to the point I am actually ordering the special edition of the show as I love it that much. Might sell my normal collection now...

PK Gaming

Psycho Pass 2: 1
I liked the first season and decided to give this a try, even if I am aware people think it is worse. What I liked, Tsunemori was awesome, it was nice seeing some of the surviving members of the previous season back, and I like two of the new enforcers. Other than that I can see why it is a step down.
The inspector introduced in last episode of season 1, god she is grating. And why is she acting like this is the first time working under Tsunemori? She should know her modus operandi by now since it has been 1.5 years later. Secondly there is no freaking way the sybyl system did not detect that the hologram hostage wasn't a real person because it uses brain scans.
And is it me or does the show looks more drab in comparison to previous season.

Shimotsuki is absolutely one of (if not the) best characters in season 2. I'd argue that she isn't so much a character, but an experience.

Embrace it.

ibyea

Banned
Shimotsuki is absolutely one of (if not the) best characters in season 2. I'd argue that she isn't so much a character, but an experience.

Embrace it.

*gulp* I'm afraid of the experience the way I fear 'thrilling' experiences like roller coasters. ^_^

Link Man

Banned
6 episodes into Is This a Zombie?, and while there are some...troubling elements (lots of lewdness), I am enjoying myself. The sixth episode is surprisingly dark, given the prevalent tone of the show.

Oh, and the Funimation dub really elevates the material. Growing to be a fan of their English dubs.

Jintor

Conspiracy theories re: Log Horizon abound!

*Winces* I'm feeling that Mamare stepped on a few toes somewhere; I'm guessing he pissed off somebody in the NHK. It doesn't have to be a real attempt at evading taxes, like a simple mis-step in procedure or something; the Japanese Legal System was well known for wrangling out cases no matter what, so much so that it used to be said that "being charged equals being guilty".

Looking at how the Media phrases the situation, the more Right Wing Papers like Yomiuri are already treating Mamare like a Convicted Criminal, while the more moderate ones are careful in their phrasing, some even talking about the cash never leaving the bank, which sounds like a mistake rather than an intentional act of evasion. Some of the Tabloids phrased the issue as if Mamare has already been convicted, and that the Third Season of the Anime will probably be impossible to air.
So, yeah, my guess is that Mamare managed to step on the toes of somebody important, and failed to apologize or something like that. Or, Log Horizon pissed somebody off, and that somebody wanted to tear it down. Given the charge comes from the Tokyo Tax Bureau, when they could have filed it much earlier (they missed it for three years, really?) or warned Mamare in a much more discreet manner... yeah.

Then again, I'm kind of a paranoid who sees conspiracies behind shadows, so it might not be that and Mamare made a honest mistake or hired a bad accountant, or he might really been intentionally "hiding his income" from the Tax Bureau. Yeah, right.

I've seen a more innocent explanation: Mamare was so used to writing as a hobby that when he made it big he didn't realize he had to pay taxes for it.

From what I understand, this explanation comes from ZUN of Touhou Project:
https://twitter.com/korindo/status/587452689195237376
https://twitter.com/korindo/status/587455433545093120
Hopefully, though the direct jump to filing a charge does ring warning bells in my head.
Also, the way it was phrased in Japanese, especially in the NHK News Web link that was used as the source for the Anime Network news, makes it sound much more malicious. As in, it seems as if the press want to use this to keep Mamare in check, or shut him up, or something like that.

Various news networks have started to talk about it, and while the word "suspect" is used, the phrasing and tone would leave you thinking that it is set in stone that Mamare did Tax Evade on purpose.
It doesn't help that he had set up a company (m2ladeJAM) to probably help with things, as that slants public opinion pretty badly.

That explanation works for ZUN's case since he hadn't gone fully commercial; unfortunately, Mamare did (even if m2ladeJAM only was a paper company at best), so he can't use that explanation even if it was the truth.

And in Japan, if I remember correctly, this sort of shit is a typical start of the Japanese Government's commitment of discrediting someone. So, someone in the Japanese Government hates Log Horizon, apparently, or hates Mamare's guts.
The tabloids here are already starting campaigns to make sure more Log Horizon Anime will not exist by 'quoting' members of the Animation Team lamenting about any chance to make a Season Three, "Because Avoiding Taxes is a Major Crime, we can't hope to make more" to sort-of-quote 東スポWeb, in a fashion.

I mean it's still stupid that Mamare simply didn't declare income for three years but it's kind of in his favour in that sense, because it's so stupid it points more towards incompetence than actual tax evasion

Still it's a legit reason to bust him legally speaking, even if the standard strat would be to just say "hey dude maybe you should declare your income or we'll bust you"

can't source quotes because my source didn't source quotes so maybe it's all just mindless speculation *shrug*

Oh and he wasn't arrested technically speaking; more like the Tokyo Revenue Office moved a indictment against him and fined him.

Quasar

It's a fairly standard high school romance comedy, but I remember it being enjoyable. If you like that sort of thing.

I enjoyed it enough. I remember really liking the opening song too. Of course I also liked brighter Blue than Before the Dawn and Mashiro Symphony (teen romances). Actually thinking about it I tend to like most romance anime.

Midonin

Sailor Moon S 07-08

Usagi went from being super judgmental and kinda outdated in her views on homosexuality to Ami's bestest of best friends in the span of two episodes. Both of them had this really nice dreamy atmosphere going for it. I can see some more of the elements that Ikuhara would later use in Utena - like the car scene with Mako felt like it could easily turn into an Akio Car scene at any point. Ami episodes, as always, are full of suffering, but strangely, no cat abuse. And the scene with her talking with Mamoru was really nicely done. I can see why S is praised as one of the best seasons... even though it's just beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom