• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibike! Euphonium - 02

Hmm, solid episode. Let's see where this is going.

OP seems quite alright and I really enjoy the ED (it's beginning and end especially!).

Baalzebup

It's like in those ecchi shows where the girls have those red shiny spots on their lewdy bits

It's a natural phenomenon, no one can explain it

Having just recently binged two seasons + 2 eps of High School DxD, I can very much confirm this is still a thing. And I like it. Barring the frustration caused by Isseis continued cluelessness about Rias being hurt about the way he addresses her compared to the others, it has been quite enjoyable ecchi/harem/action thing.

Actually, among all the titty-shows I've seen so far, I think this might be the best in ecchi and action alike. Not that the bar is very high, but the best is still the best.

Joe Molotov

It's like in those ecchi shows where the girls have those red shiny spots on their lewdy bits

It's a natural phenomenon, no one can explain it

uCIZmfX.png

"Am I kawaii, uguu~?

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 53

Excellent duel with a bit of Kuroko tossed in there
misdirection trap card
. I liked that they went with that choice for the winner. Only way to advance the plot really and inspire growth.
Also keeps Akaba Reiji as the best duelist thus far. Kind of odd that Yuuya oniichan has gone beyond Pendulum summoning but is defeated by Akaba Reiji. As the pioneer of Pendulum Summoning, yuuyaoniichan really has to grow fast

Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon was summoned three times, why they like to beat him up so much, hes the best dragon :(
CClcqkFWMAA2WRU.png
CCldTlxWYAAlRN4.png

Urgh, reminds me of my time watching Gargantia. So much wax/blush everywhere @_@
Though unsurprising as it was nigh indistinguishable from actual ecchi here and there. Those belly dances...what.the.fuck.

cajunator

Banned
Sound Euphonium 01

Well this was an absolute joy to watch.
Ponytail delivered and the background art is typical high standards KyoAni. Character design is really cute and the music is excellent. Ive never experienced the whole high school band atmosphere thing so its an interesting insight into what its like.
Very cute, very enjoyable, and better than Hyouka.

Urgh, reminds me of my time watching Gargantia. So much wax/blush everywhere @_@
Though unsurprising as it was nigh indistinguishable from actual ecchi here and there. Those belly dances...what.the.fuck.

Well the Gargantia character designer actually creates hentai art s you should have expected that.

So Anime GAF, moving on from Dog Days S1/2,

Looking for something new to experience, what is the thought on the below?

- Fruit of Grisaia
- World Break: Aria of Curse...
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos
- Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You)

Are any of these worth my time, and if not, is there a series out that there that takes you along an adventure, maybe the guy actually picks and fight for a love interest (ya right) and is COMPLETE?

Fruit of grisaia is ok... the base material is not really an harem but they skipped a lot of the source material. The MC is something else but overall the anime is enjoyable. It's a mix of happy moments and VERY disturbing moments.Worth a watch.

World Break: Aria of Curse is a generic harem show with average to bad animation that actually make the whole thing more underwhelming than it should. Watch only if you have nothing else to watch.

Unlimited Fafnir is another generic harem show with bad CGI and a above average story. Don't expect anything and you might enjoy it.

Campione is a nice harem anime that i personnaly enjoy ( I love the books and the universe ) Expect some magic battles , and a lot of trivia from everything you'll see. The anime is enjoyable, even if it rushed its source material and the fact that there is little to no hope to see the rest animated ( the story is still ongoing at a decent rate )

My Little Monster
is a good comedy anime that will satisfy most anime fans. there is a decent amount of drama too. A nice pick for a very nice anime.

Infinite Stratos is a below average anime with a bland MC , poor CG, bad fight choegraphy and unintresting story. it's a guilty pleasure of many people here on animegaf because the girls are cute. ( and the girls are the main reason to watch the show )

Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You) is an awesome romantic comedy that should be watched by anyone. A good choice.

cj_iwakura

Durarara X2: 4 & 5

Finally the story's ramping up. I love the new characters so far. Looking forward to the crazy.

They better not wreck my Shinra x Celty OTP. :(

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 11

Op still changing. They gotta stop eventually right? Oh yeah, Yui didn't know the bird and other thing could talk. At least there's a decent explanation of why Close didn't go all super-mode before. Despair cage doesn't look that depressing though. Too many toys. I can't keep track of them. Super super mode. So he is going to bite it. And bite it he does, after some help from Yui. New attack looks nice. Not personally convinced Close is gone for good, but we'll see.

Cornbread78

Fruit of grisaia is ok... the base material is not really an harem but they skipped a lot of the source material. The MC is something else but overall the anime is enjoyable. It's a mix of happy moments and VERY disturbing moments.Worth a watch.

World Break: Aria of Curse is a generic harem show with average to bad animation that actually make the whole thing more underwhelming than it should. Watch only if you have nothing else to watch.

Unlimited Fafnir is another generic harem show with bad CGI and a above average story. Don't expect anything and you might enjoy it.

Campione is a nice harem anime that i personnaly enjoy ( I love the books and the universe ) Expect some magic battles , and a lot of trivia from everything you'll see. The anime is enjoyable, even if it rushed its source material and the fact that there is little to no hope to see the rest animated ( the story is still ongoing at a decent rate )

My Little Monster
is a good comedy anime that will satisfy most anime fans. there is a decent amount of drama too. A nice pick for a very nice anime.

Infinite Stratos is a below average anime with a bland MC , poor CG, bad fight choegraphy and unintresting story. it's a guilty pleasure of many people here on animegaf because the girls are cute. ( and the girls are the main reason to watch the show )

Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You) is an awesome romantic comedy that should be watched by anyone. A good choice.

Damn, thanks for the breakdown, so I guess Toradora, from me to you and Champion are the way to go. And the last Fruit arc was a little tough...

Blusby

So Anime GAF, moving on from Dog Days S1/2,

Looking for something new to experience, what is the thought on the below?

- Fruit of Grisaia
- World Break: Aria of Curse...
- Unlimited Fafnir
- Campione!
- My Little Monster
- Infinite Stratos
- Kimi ni Todoke (From Me to You)

Are any of these worth my time, and if not, is there a series out that there that takes you along an adventure, maybe the guy actually picks and fight for a love interest (ya right) and is COMPLETE?
Don't watch any of those minus Kimi ni Todoke.

PK Gaming

Mikagura 02

Looks like this show can definitely walk the walk. I mean, I enjoyed this episode waaaaaay more than the last one. Club battles are a lot more exciting than I expected, and if this is what I have to look forward to, then color me excited. Oh yeah, Eruna's pretty appealing beyond being "the yuri girl" too (though that aspect of her character hasn't stopped being amazing or anything). She's a really entertaining protagonist.

We Urameshi now

cajunator

Banned
Mikagura 02

Looks like this show can definitely walk the walk. I mean, I enjoyed this episode waaaaaay more than the last one. Club battles are a lot more exciting than I expected, and if this is what I have to look forward to, then color me excited. Oh yeah, Eruna's pretty appealing beyond being "the yuri girl" too (though that aspect of her character hasn't stopped being amazing or anything). She's a really entertaining protagonist.

We Urameshi now

might have to watch this

Seconded, MLM is great (if occasionally problematic and with no actual ending)

Damn 1 cour manga advertisements. I've learned to not expect any kind of satisfying resolutions in anime adaptations anymore :(

Sound! Euphonium! 2

This show is great. Now that we got the formalities out of the way, hopefully we'll hear a lot of (bad) music starting next episode. Show is filled with cute girls but Asuka is probably my favorite this season (eat it Worstia). Shes just hilarious and her english is even funnier. Tuba-kun X Hazuki is OTP.

I guess Aoi is
trying not to get her hopes up. Seems like shes the type who was all gung ho the first 2 years and knows that making Nationals this year is nothing but a pipe dream right now.

I like the background art but I cant tell if they're hand drawn or photo manipulations of real places. The bench in the end where Aoi was sitting looked really out of place. Either way, this show is gorgeous to look at.

MC also looked better with a pony tail.

Jintor

At least the books finished and pretty decently I might add.

I'd give a lot to see a second cour for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

cajunator

Banned
Damn 1 cour manga advertisements. I've learned to not expect any kind of satisfying resolutions in anime adaptations anymore :(

Sound! Euphonium! 2

This show is great. Now that we got the formalities out of the way, hopefully we'll hear a lot of (bad) music starting next episode. Show is filled with cute girls but Asuka is probably my favorite this season (eat it Worstia). Shes just hilarious and her english is even funnier. Tuba-kun X Hazuki is OTP.

I guess Aoi is
trying not to get her hopes up. Seems like shes the type who was all gung ho the first 2 years and knows that making Nationals this year is nothing but a pipe dream right now.

I like the background art but I cant tell if they're hand drawn or photo manipulations of real places. The bench in the end where Aoi was sitting looked really out of place. Either way, this show is gorgeous to look at.

MC also looked better with a pony tail.

Yes. She looks so much better with a ponytail.

if only for more Natsume!

Midonin

Linebarrels of Iron 19-24

I feel pretty bad for Risako in all of this. One of the bigger moments in the series happened because Koichi and Yajima were punching each other bloody over her, and she had no say in it at all. Then at the end of the series she's pushed away from the action (it did allow her to live, thankfully) and just remains a civilian and a bystander. I get that Emi has more to do with the plot in terms of everything, but Risako really got the short end of the stick here. She deserved better.

Now as for the series itself. Revealing that
Katou set all this up so he could deal with the forthcoming technological singularity from his world
was an interesting angle, but perhaps something he could've been less vague about an episode or two earlier. The final battle was plenty exciting, and I'm perfectly okay with it ending in a giant rainbow burst of friendship. That sort of thing can still be done well - usually in Sentai, and this series was heavily influenced by tokusatsu - the same team worked on the Ultraman manga, so I can see some traces of that in here.

I am surprised at how the series treated America. Instead of a critical portrayal, America remains as one of the Judean People's Front's strongest allies, and Rachel, also American, is a vital member of the team from the get-go. It doesn't feel jingoistic because Japan is still the center of things, but it's different from what I'm used to. The central of theme of justice and what it means to be a hero was carried out pretty alright, even if it meant suffering through three episodes of Koichi being an absolute ass to everybody.

While it's fairly average as far as mecha series go, it does raise a few questions and have some interesting themes and ideas that I think are worth considering. Plenty of flaws, my primary one being the Risako thing above. I'll see how the OVAs check out tomorrow.

I'd like to see it, but with the manga completed (and for a little while now I think?), there's pretty much no chance. It wouldn't really exist to sell anything, so I can't imagine anyone being willing to finance it.

Euphonium episode 2

This was definitely an Ishihara episode. It's directed similar to his past works, which I've kinda grown past given how Yamada's been developing as a director. I knew coming into the episode that it'd be a character intro episode, so that didn't surprise me much.

I'm kinda glad that my internal "pacing" of the novel is holding somewhat true. We're about where I thought we'd be at this point in the novel episode-wise. Some of the changes I like, some I don't. I do like the quick recap to start the episode and think it's a wise decision in a series like this where there's a lot to remember week-to-week.

Up next!
Episode 3: "Our first! Ensemble"
Script: Jukki Hanada
Episode Director/Storyboarder: Takuya Yamamura
Animation Director: Kazumi Ikeda

Tuck

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Episode 23, 24
So. Fucking. Good. So many insane, memorable moments. One ship took on an army and it was the shit. Don't even care that they cheated on the animation (Well ok, I care a little). Stunning imagery and artwork. Exciting climax. Beautiful ending.

One of the better anime I've seen. Loved it.

EDIT: Oh shit I'm not done. Still 2 episodes to go! haha. They definitely could have ended it there, but I;m glad they didn't.

Tuck

Space Battleship Yamato - 25,26 (END)
Gripping to the very end. At first I was going to say they should have ended at 24 - it was probably the happier ending. But the last two episodes had a really nice concluding arc to the story, with a strong focus on character interaction. So now I'm not sure. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It did have a few flaws (CG animation was disappointing but I can look past it, aside from that there were a few cliches, maybe some clunky/expositiony dialogue here and there), but overall it was an amazing series.

A+.

Food Wars 2

So Erina is just an awful person who let her pride get the best of her and tried to torpedo a promising new student? Yuck. She gets better right?

No. Thankfully she basically becomes a background decoration shortly for quite a while after she's introduced. But with her popularity I don't know if they'll try and shoehorn into the anime more.

sonicmj1

Exactly how much money did he have?

He owed 30 million yen in taxes, and he had a bank account for his company with 100 million yen in it. If he was cooperative, it would have been easy to settle.

As I said before, it seemed pretty obvious that this was caused by major incompetence rather than by a conscious attempt to cheat the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom