• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

depending on how old he is it might have simply been a stupid oversight like my friend when he started working where he thought he was exempt from taxes and never questioned why he was getting his full paycheck.

But from what I gather this guy has been working for a while. So unless it completely went over his head...

it could have. I sincerely cannot believe a person with a registered company could simply fail to pay income tax and think they could get away with it. "Managing" your taxable income, sure, but simply not paying any? Ultra-tier incompetence, but not active tax evasion.

Kyuur

Watched episode 1 and 2 of Blood Battle Blockade. Pretty fun so far.

Euph 2 just as good as the first episode, slightly filling the Shirobako void (although I doubt it'll be as solid all the way through). Anyone know if this will be one or two cour?

jesus christ if Prison School anime ever reaches the current arc lol

LOL Prison School manga just keeps getting more and more ridiculous, it legitimately makes me laugh out loud. I wonder how far they'll take some of these scenes on the anime, because of the depictions are as good as on these pages, I'll be rolling on the floor laughing.

Sound! Euphonium 2:
This remains a pleasing show to watch. The episode did take a lot of time to get somewhere that was obvious from the start, but the character interactions were all pretty amusing. The scene with Asuka luring Hazuki to the tuba was especially funny to watch, and Kumiko's reactions to everything were enjoyable.

Quasar

Sound! Euphonium 2 - Yep. Definitely in it for the long haul. Really liking this so far. The more Asuka I get the better though.

depending on how old he is it might have simply been a stupid oversight like my friend when he started working where he thought he was exempt from taxes and never questioned why he was getting his full paycheck.

But from what I gather this guy has been working for a while. So unless it completely went over his head...

I was going to say it might just be because he's in a work-from-home creative industry where he could do most everything himself, where forgetting about taxes/not fully comprehending how they work isn't unheard of (hell, it has me terrified in the super unlikely event my writing or youtube channel actually becomes successful).

But then I realized the guy owns his own company where he should understand all the financial ins and outs that that entails, so....

Why would a shounen fanboy have a Lucky Star shirt?

So OP of the decade is Death Parade, while ED is Blood Blockade Battlefront?

It truly is.😎 Unsion Square Garden is such a great band. Anything with a group of people dancing like dorks is GOAT.

Plus Bump of Chicken are a brilliant band as well. That OP was so good.

Soma

iwemee8Eyzviv.jpg

iHeJVlKeoDcgu.jpg

Matsumoto Rie ur so fuckin based <3

Clov

I'll still love Lucky Star the most out of all of KyoAni's shows. Such a cute and relaxing series.

On another note, a bit of bad news for anyone who was hoping that Sentai's complete collection would fix any video issues; it looks like they aren't, after all! Looking at some comparison shots between their old FSN BD (which was 1080i) and their new complete collection (which is 1080p) there seems to be... no differences at all. I seriously can't tell the difference. This doesn't bode well for Penguindrum. Part of me hopes that given how horrible its video quality was over here they would at least give it some extra work, but it's doubtful.

Lain

Blood Blockade Battlefront 2

Not bad, there was a good mix of comedy and action, though the action wasn't exactly top notch, but it worked. I liked that Leonardo tried to get himself out of the sticky situation he ended in.
Spiffy ED, dancing might not be the most original thing but I like it and it adds another comedic layer to the show.

Seraph of the End 2

On one hand, I would have preferred that the main plot of the episode didn't require an entire episode because I want to see vampire battles, on the other hand this, too, was nice to watch.
I'm just hoping that the story won't end up pitting Yuichiro against a still maybe alive Mika (is this even possible?) like the impression I get from the OP and ED, unless my interpretation of them is the opposite, like as if Mika's spirit still lives in Yuichiro, in a way.

Nanoha ViVid 1

Well, I'm glad that I didn't have very high expectations for this, because it was about as not-great as expected. I don't know why the Nanoha series writers never managed to make a good anime or manga again after A's, but that continues here. Nanoha becoming an adult is just fine, that could be great. It's the direction the series has gone in that's the problem! But for this series in specific, here are some of the bigger issues I have through episode 1.

1) First, who are these people? I mean, I know Nanoha, Fate, Vivio, Cario, and Eris (I think that last name is wrong). But who are the rest of these characters? I imagine that Vivio's school friends are new, but the rest of these people, the show seems to assume that I remember who they are, and care about their stories and stuff, but I don't. Nobody is introduced, no backstory is explained, nothing. Who is the sick girl? Vivio's the queen or something? I forget any of tha tstuff. I mean, I watched and quite liked the three original seasons of the anime, and watched the first movie (never did get to the second one), but it's been eight years since StrikerS started, you can't assume everyone will remember everything, and I don't want to have to rewatch Strikers, I remember it being average at best. So yeah, this episode was confusing.

2) As with StrikerS, the series continues with the "Nanoha became boring" plot direction that was one of StrikerS' biggest flaws. There's no good reason for Nanoha to be so much cooler at age 10 than she is now. I want beam spam, not her making omelets for Vivio! At least Fate's still more active, but this mostly seems to have just reduced her screen time, which is unfortunate. And on a related note...

3) This episode repeats one of the stupidest things about StrikerS, the refusal to admit that Nanoha and Fate love eachother. Come on, anyone who's watched the series knows they aren't just friends. They live together, share a bed, the girl they're raising calls both of them "mama", etc. The idea that they are "just friends" is insultingly dumb, but this series continues it. Come on. Just say the obvious.

4) The level of loli-fansevice is closer to the movies than the original three seasons of the show, unfortunately. Ugh. That I disliked that stuff is one reason I never watched the second movie, after the way the first one was. I know, it's just a transformation sequence, but still...

Beyond those major issues, this episode was okay. Fate's reaction to Vivio's transformation was amusing, even if it's VERY implausible that Nanoha had never mentioned it to her. It is nice to see a Nanoha anime again too, it's been too long. I just wish that the series' writing was better, they just never have recaptured the magic of the first two seasons. The other major spinoff manga is far worse than this one, too, so that isn't the answer. (Please don't make a Force anime. I'd rather pretend that thing doesn't exist.)

Gifu Dodo 1-12

There's so much manliness overflowing here I fear as though I'm not nearly manly enough to watch the rest. I will continue however for the sake of righteousness.

Pooya

battlefront 1-2

Nice music. nice effects. I'm not sure what is even happening but it has funny mood. Cool ED too, BoC is nice.

They probably blew their budget already so rest of it won't look like anymore, I don't have negative things to say about it.

I bet the sister isn't dead /noshitshirlock

Turn-A Gundam - 01
I've always found getting into Gundam a bit of an intimidating experience because of the wealth of different series and the amount of variance there seems to be in quality. The only Gundams I can recall having seen in my life were the old Gundam Wing and G Gundam back when they were airing on Toonami. A friend of mine recommended I check out Turn-A so here I am.

A low key episode but I like that they didn't feel the need to throw in some cataclysmic event from the outset in order to hook you into the series. Really liked the way they were able to establish little elements of the world without feeling the need to do a super heavy handed exposition sequence either. It's refreshing.

Mirai Nikki - 01
This was really dumb!

TUSR

Banned

On Wed. 5/6 at roughly 22:45, after the marathon completes, we'll have major news about "tri."! The PV for Part 1, chosen children and cast info, medium info, schedule... and other surprises!

Saudades

Turn-A Gundam - 01
I've always found getting into Gundam a bit of an intimidating experience because of the wealth of different series and the amount of variance there seems to be in quality. The only Gundams I can recall having seen in my life were the old Gundam Wing and G Gundam back when they were airing on Toonami. A friend of mine recommended I check out Turn-A so here I am.

I thought Turn A is one of the ones to save for last because you have to have seen the previous entries to fully get?
I mean, that's the only reason why I haven't watched it yet (still have Zeta, ZZ, CCA, F91, X, Victory to watch).

BluWacky

So OP of the decade is Death Parade, while ED is Blood Blockade Battlefront?

Dancing is not the be all and end all of animation talent.

(although those are both good OPs and EDs!)

For all of its memetics and bombast, the first Attack on Titan OP was clearly something special, for instance. We've had two richly symbolic Ikuni OPs in the past five years, and some amazing work from Sayo Yamamoto as well.

In the meantime, EDs appear to be the go to place for singular talent - Yamamoto again over and over, or Shingo Yamashita's From The New World ED as mentioned earlier.

And that's even leaving aside the songs, which are always going to be a different kettle of fish entirely; the first Aldnoah Zero ED is nothing but pretty stills, but I've listened to A/Z an enormous number of times since buying it (ridiculous lyrics and all; there's no accounting for taste). Kazuto Nakazawa's OP for Kids on the Slope was good - very good, even - but it's not as immediately memorable as Yuki's rendition of Sakamitsu no Melody with its brilliant keychange into the chorus etc. etc.

Pooya

For all of its memetics and bombast, the first Attack on Titan OP was clearly something special, for instance. We've had two richly symbolic Ikuni OPs in the past five years, and some amazing work from Sayo Yamamoto as well.
First ED looked good too.
And that's even leaving aside the songs, which are always going to be a different kettle of fish entirely; the first Aldnoah Zero ED is nothing but pretty stills, but I've listened to A/Z an enormous number of times since buying it (ridiculous lyrics and all; there's no accounting for taste).
it has a nice melody, even the other one with demo scene like intro was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom