• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Humanity Has Declined - END

1ef4549fcc8dac99124c88762dbc8fa61341866033_full.jpg

Humanity Has Declined was a very good show. It's an anime with a pleasant aesthetic that contrasts perfectly with it's dark humor and satirical nature. The protagonist basically encapsulates it— she's cynical, stoic and a little off, but very entertaining. There was a surprising amount of depth to her (despite the fact that she doesn't even have a name), and the show actually takes the time to show you what makes her tick. The last 2 episodes deserve special mention for pretty much being it's own thing. Rather than overloading the viewer with more absurdity, it takes a step back to deliver a simple story. I really didn't expect this show to tackle themes like bullying, loneliness, growing up and saying goodbye in such a deft manner, but it did so in a way that could actually be construed moving. The last scene in particular was legitimately touching.

At it's core, this show is very much a show about people (humans). Their triumphs, their secrets, their failures, the mistakes one might make... It initially seemed like a pessimistic critique on human nature, but there was enough warmth and humor to prevent this from being the case. In short, Humanity Has Declined is definitely one of the best watches I've seen in recent memory. If you're looking for something humorous, intriguing and even sentimental, you should probably consider giving this anime a shot.

☆☆☆☆

High School DxD BorN 03

There exists a literary technique, known as bathos. The juxtaposition of the absurd and the epic, the lowbrow and the profound. Another reason why DxD works is because of how it excels in that. When it comes to fetish play, pushing down on a girls' nipples is actually fairly tame, as far as things go, yet to give it such fanfare and make Issei, the Hungarian Hornytail, power up into his Kamen Rider form, while also not trivilializing Koneko's situation and her betrayal in her sisters' eyes, is what gives this climax the emotional torque in both directions that it needs in order to resonate with the viewers.

There's no anime below analysis, and DxD knows how to use its writing to best achieve what it's looking for. The characters remain people you want to win, Issei never feels overpowered or overdouchey, the villains are a credible threat, everything just falls into place in a way that makes for satisfying, if somewhat sexually-minded, television.
yep. Dxd doesn't go where it doesn't need to be , while making use of a cast that remain likeable .
A true feat !
So what we learn in the third episode of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is that no matter how many times Nagato re-writes the universe Kyon and Haruhi will always be a pair.

So basically we're looking at NTR the anime folks.

Considering that nagato only rewrote the timeline for a period of one year , i guess the result is always the same :)
After all we learn in the volume 10 of the books that
kyon and haruhi are together 10 years later.

F/SN UBW 15

Zwei Hertz is going to be so cathartic, multiverse or not.

Lol , you just reminded me , there is "that" other scene in Zwei to look forward to , isn't it ?

Midonin

Plastic Memories 03

The lesson of the day. If you want a girl to treat you with respect, respect her first. It's a little tougher when she's a robot, but the basics apply. Advice from co-workers can have incredibly varying results. Poor Isla.

Defuser

So what we learn in the third episode of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is that no matter how many times Nagato re-writes the universe Kyon and Haruhi will always be a pair.

So basically we're looking at NTR the anime folks.

To be frank, episode 3 was waaaaaaay better than episode 1 and 2 because Haruhi fully join in which draws out Kyon's fan's beloved cynical attitude which was missing in past episodes. And of course Haruhi makes it fun again.

Fate/Stay Night -Unlimited Blade Works- 15

What in the world did I just watch? It was awesome. It was dark.

Is this the end for Berzerker?
I guess we'll see in the next episode. This show loves it's cliffhangers.

Seraph of the end - 03
Decent episode.. quite predictable , but decent.

The heroine carries the show so far , but i must admit that i like how thing are coming along.
SHould be very intresting in a couple of episode when everyone will be into gear.

Hugstable

Banned
Fate/Stay Episode 15

Holy shit that was dark. Kinda hard to watch at the end there, I can't believe they killed Illiya like that. It shouldn't be a surprise considering my only exposure to the series was Fate/Zero and that was dark as hell, but everyone told me this wasn't as much like that before this show started. That was just sad though
, and Emiya is an idiot. Rin is awesome

Hesita the Animation 3: Bell-kun Edition
tumblr_nmz1v9Z8Uk1rbnx7io1_500.gif

Good job Bell-kun. You're not completely inept. Also the harem is expanding and the best girl (Tavern-chan) is just showing why she's best. Go, go Tavern-chan.

LOL Tavern-chan!

Fate/Stay Night -Unlimited Blade Works- 15

What in the world did I just watch? It was awesome. It was dark.

Is this the end for Berzerker?
I guess we'll see in the next episode. This show loves it's cliffhangers.

What cliffhanger, Berzerker pretty much looked as dead as he could be before the straight up poofed out, and Illiya looked dead too. T_T

Conan-san

Ninja Slayer
I can't find a good picture but you know that one shot in Gravity Falls where Stan looks on at Soos as a human discoball and only utters "You're all Fired"?

That, Trigger, You're all fired.

Fate/Stay Episode 15

Holy shit that was dark. Kinda hard to watch at the end there, I can't believe they killed Illiya like that. It shouldn't be a surprise considering my only exposure to the series was Fate/Zero and that was dark as hell, but everyone told me this wasn't as much like that before this show started. That was just sad though
, and Emiya is an idiot. Rin is awesome

What cliffhanger, Berzerker pretty much looked as dead as he could be before the straight up poofed out, and Illiya looked dead too. T_T

Wait... You mean....

No....

WEHOEwz.gif

Phatmac

Ahh, the dreaded moment we've been waiting for. The whole thing hurts even more seeing poor Illya's story before entering the war. Built up to being a tool for a horrible war, abandoned by your father, and being in the horrible Einzbern family. Plus having a berserker class servant actually break the mad enchantment in order to protect his master no matter what. One of if not the best episode of the whole show. Gotta watch some Prisma Illya in order to recover. Pls nerf Gilgamesh.

Slime girl is the best

I always knew you had splendid taste, cajun.

Save n' Quit is doomed you mean.

Monster Musume, TLR Darkness S2, and Prison School all in the same season?

I'm so screwed.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Smiling Madara-chan >>> another dose of NaruSaku wankfest.

But Naruto and Sasuke is the best pairing in the series.

It's also totally canon.

DTL can back me up on that.

Clov

AnimEigo is saying that they're finalizing contracts for two limited edition Blu-Ray projects. We might hear something about what they're planning very soon!

Dio

Banned
fate blah blah 15

This was actually not as brutal as it could have been, toned down a bit?

Next episode. You're thinking of how DEEN adapted it, this is more accurate.

Also UBW 15:

Berserker
living up to his legend. Remember him breaking the unbreakable chain in his actual real life legend when he meets Prometheus?
Nasu being pretty accurate. People don't give him enough credit for how many little things he puts into the construction and abilities of each servant, even if he does take liberties with character designs a lot.

Based Haphaestus Finally Got Hestia Some Proper Clothes 3

Minus taking like half the episode for Bell to get his new Knaifu, it was a pretty good episode. The fight was entertaining. This is slowly shaping up to be a fun adventure show.

Tavern-chan >>>>>

I always knew you had splendid taste, cajun.

Monster Musume, TLR Darkness S2, and Prison School all in the same season?

I'm so screwed.

But Naruto and Sasuke is the best pairing in the series.

It's also totally canon.

DTL can back me up on that.

SasuNaru is the only pairing, unlike others in the series...they have actually kissed not once, not twice, but three times.

Rainy

Banned
Plastic Memories 03
Really like this show, might be my favorite of the season. Man it's gonna be tragic when he learns the truth...

UtaPri s3 Episode 3
CC5bqsWWAAAtJET.jpg

Mr. Ittoki and Mr. Shinomiya's song Emotional Life, wasnt bad at all. Probably not the best duo (dont really have Natsuki as one of my favorite Starish). I hope we get an Ittoki and Syo song this season.

The Maji Love Revolution song is incredibly catchy now...we can fly!

cj_iwakura

Durarara X2 Episode11

Finally the best quartet rejoin the fray. Hopefully it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

AnimEigo is saying that they're finalizing contracts for two limited edition Blu-Ray projects. We might hear something about what they're planning very soon!

Hoping for Urusei Yatsura and original Oh My Goddess!

I guess Bubblegum Crash is still a no-go?

cajunator

Banned
Ahh, the dreaded moment we've been waiting for. The whole thing hurts even more seeing poor Illya's story before entering the war. Built up to being a tool for a horrible war, abandoned by your father, and being in the horrible Einzbern family. Plus having a berserker class servant actually break the mad enchantment in order to protect his master no matter what. One of if not the best episode of the whole show. Gotta watch some Prisma Illya in order to recover. Pls nerf Gilgamesh.

:(
Man...fuck UBW.
Thats a great way to recover though!
Cuteness heals.

Oh man this is exciting.
I probably have whatever it is on dvd already but an HD version is welcomed!

Clov

Hoping for Urusei Yatsura and original Oh My Goddess!

I guess Bubblegum Crash is still a no-go?

I haven't heard anything on Bubblegum Crash's situation (whatever it may be) changing for AnimEigo, so as far as I know it's still ruled out.

Personally I'm hoping for Urusei Yatsura and Otaku no Video. At the very least I'd like them to release the Urusei Yatsura movies on BD, since the TV series is a big commitment. I need to add more Oshii works to my collection, and Beautiful Dreamer is a must have title.

Dandte

heyho, i'm the mood for some mecha action. Since i'm not a regularly mecha watcher (every few years at most) i wanted to ask you guys for advice :) So far i watched and liked NGE, TtgL, Vision of Escaflowne and an anime which, if i remember correctly had a pink haired catgirl and a boy as mp on a military campus university....now i want to know the name of it >.< A few pages before someone postet a gif of an anime called macross. I love the artwork in the gif, but according to animelist it is from 1982. The poster on al looks great and since i like artstyles like cowboy bebop or op movie 6 i think i should give it a try....or not? Also some other recommendations? Gundam seems a little bit to "childisch".

thanks in advance

Blusby

heyho, i'm the mood for some mecha action. Since i'm not a regularly mecha watcher (every few years at most) i wanted to ask you guys for advice :) So far i watched and liked NGE, TtgL, Vision of Escaflowne and an anime which, if i remember correctly had a pink haired catgirl and a boy as mp on a military campus university....now i want to know the name of it >.< A few pages before someone postet a gif of an anime called macross. I love the artwork in the gif, but according to animelist it is from 1982. The poster on al looks great and since i like artstyles like cowboy bebop or op movie 6 i think i should give it a try....or not? Also some other recommendations? Gundam seems a little bit to "childisch".

thanks in advance
Watch Rahxephon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom