• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm sure you could figure out a lucrative solution.

I'm not catching your drift.

Yams pls.😑

Trust me, you'll feel the same way.

Awww there, there. Cheer up!

SIDgRzA.jpg

:p

That thing can go burn in hell.

Yuki-chan 03

My interest level in this show has dropped dramatically since Haruhi has started making a regular appearance. Hopefully she won't stick around much because I generally find her appearance annoying.

Midonin

Go! Aikatsu Precure 12

In which Kirara competes against the Japanese version of Darla Dimple, who I recognized as being played by Sayuri Yahagi even without aid of the credits. Ranko sounded like a malicious version of Suzu from SYD, and like Suzu, she's older than she looks. The MotW battle did debut the new attacks, establishing that Kirara is the next in a line of yellow shieldcraters with her moon powers. Usagi could never do that, but Alice is still the best when it comes to doing awesome things with defensive powers.

Next week, Seed Jeanne makes her appearance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol I couldn't believe that eyeball licking. >_>. lol they used the same AKB song for like every episode!
iF4uOdpjejM6z.gif

Funny enough, the only place I could find it was from a GAF anime OT from 2012. lol

Also, there was something so old fashioned about the OVA. It's like the best parts of 80s science fiction spirituality jankiness. Very Dune-like. lol

/XX/

Recommendation about Ninja Slayer; I've been seeing too much "Yeeart!" and too little "HIIYAHH!" around, so next time maybe you should give an opportunity to Viewster and watch it subtitled there... bonus points achieved on unnecesary translator notes for that truly authentic 'low-fi' amateur approach. :-D

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
iF4uOdpjejM6z.gif

Funny enough, the only place I could find it was from a GAF anime OT from 2012. lol

Also, there was something so old fashioned about the OVA. It's like the best parts of 80s science fiction spirituality jankiness. Very Dune-like. lol

dafuq? someone pls explain

Kekkai Sensen - 03

Absolutely adoring this show right now. Seriously I knew from the outset that, given the premise, that there was a ton of storytelling potential in just exploring all the crazy ways a setting like a "supernatural New York" could be exploited. Even with that in mind from I've come away surprised again with the diversity of stories they're able to tell here. I know it wont last, I can see that they're already laying the groundwork for a more focused multi-episode arc, but I'm fully content in staying in this crazy day to day adventure for as long as possible.

Plastic Memories - 03

The first half's gag definitely dragged on for longer than it needed to but I can't say that, given the way the ending played itself out, that the episode as a whole was "bad". The scale seems to be tipping further along the "slice of life/comedy/romance" spectrum but it seems to be handling itself competently enough while in that framework. If this episode existed in a vacuum where you replaced "robot" with "random chick with
terminal disease
" then I think a lot of this would end up making more internal sense. Again I find myself thinking that with the way the first episode played itself out that the show could be doing a LOT more to explore the "bigger picture" of robot and human relationships. They create this stellar plot device that gives them an excuse to mediate the
death of artificially created consciousness
and have, so far, pushed it aside to focus on the rather dry relationship between Isla and our self insert MC and "humor" which grew old after the first ep.

The potential for a turn around is the only thing keeping me invested here.

Ninja Slayer - 1

Not sure about this one. I enjoyed the hell out of Inferno Cop but that was a show that kept you on the edge of your seat at every moment with insanity happening constantly. It was a perfect storm of just hilariously absurd things going on one after another in short succession. It -used- each 3 minute episode extremely well. Ninja Slayer seems decidedly more tame in comparison, less insanity for insanities sake and more trying to shoehorn a style that doesn't fit the narrative. It's silly sure but I feel it's coming in with a story and setting that could actually be justifiably animated.

As much as I love Turn-A Gundam it's still really nutty and weird; I'd really recommend you start with something like Gundam 08th MS Team or preferably Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket.

Hmm, I think I'll take your advice on this one.

OceanBlue

Ore Monogatari is pretty cute. Kinda losing interest in the misunderstanding though, so I hope it expands the story or moves onto something else. Luckily we have a ton we could learn about Suna and Yamato so I'm not too worried.

Sterok

Nagato Yuki 3

Haruhi continues to be a force of nature not even Ryoko or Tsuruya can measure up against. Koizumi continues to be that guy that licks Haruhi's boot. More like the original now aside from Yuki herself.

Re-Kan 3

Continues to just be amusing/interesting enough to be watchable. Eggs truly are serious business. Might as well stick around for the remainder. It's a decent watch on a Saturday.

Go! Princess Precure 12

I'm hoping someone brings me home donuts because I NEED THEM NOW. Fuck my pancreas.

Also rival girl is a shit, but she's a shit with SPIRIT. She can't be a complete shit with how much she put forward for donuts, and HaruHaru's ribbon gag was neat. And YUI was here! She's gonna be relevant!

Humorous episode, and one I can get behind.

NEXT TIME

We begin the Twilight Princess Arc

The funny thing is, licking eyeballs is probably the thing that makes the most sense about the OVA. lol

You know, I've been meaning to ask about the whole donut thing on twitter, but I take it that everyone on this show just really likes donuts? lol

Donuts are the food that is referred to most often in this show so yes. Just like it was in Fresh Precure

Hugstable

Banned
iF4uOdpjejM6z.gif

hahaha the reaction after the lick was priceless.

P398FoO.jpg
qbQxCTO.jpg

Really hoping spot the Nao becomes a thing

And it was at this very moment in history, that the worlds first Shokugeki no Soma shipper established his allegiance in spite of the troubles to come.

One who was purely content at happily watching his ship sail smoothly.

Without ever once having to desecrate himself in lieu of the constant insults and arguments frequently making their way into a discussion that usually starts off with the simple phrase "____ is best girl" or "____ a shit."

Truly the most admirable of souls.

Hugstable

Banned
Ninja Slayer 1

Yeaaaaaaaaaart

Sayonara!

I have no clue what the hell I just watched, but the constant screaming of those 2 lines was fucking hilarious

KanameYuuki

Thanks Jarmel for comparing Parasyte with Arjuna, because of that I decided to watch it and I'm enjoying it so much, I'm not into anything with blood but this anime gets me hyped every episode.

Just watched Sound! Euphonium ep. 2. It was pretty different compared to ep. 1 and I can't tell if it's just because of the difference in directors or if it's going to be indicative of the direction the show is going to take.

One thing I definitely hope the show does less of in the future is the excessive monologuing Kumiko did this episode. This episode used a lot of dialogue to explain people's feelings. I don't particularly hate monologuing, but it was used a bit much this episode. It made the episode feel like a very blatant light novel adaptation, while I thought ep. 1 relied on visuals as well to convey information a lot faster. Kumiko narrating in the past tense at the end was when I really felt the difference between this episode and the last, since I don't remember anything like that happening in ep. 1. It was a pretty big perspective shift for me lol. I don't mind if the show is told from this perspective from now on; I just hope that the show is consistent.

Anyway yeah, as people have mentioned, Ishihara isn't as interesting of a director as Yamada. Everything felt pretty functional, I guess. Also, it might've just been me, but those background montages during dialogue felt really abrupt lol.

Edit: Oh but I still enjoyed the episode. It's slow rolling so far but I feel like it's going in a direction I'll like.

You'll be pleased coming up. Next week is Yamamura, a director who's growing in his range, but nothing like Ishihara at the moment. Then you have Yukimura, the one behind the incredible Ren ep 2 (one of the few highlights of Ren) in episode 4 (and she's also serving as AD too!). Finally, you'll definitely want to see episode 5 as it has the return of Kigami as an episode director for the first time since Kyoukai ep 11. Knowing the content of the episode, it's one everyone here will want to see as well.

While I am annoyed at some of Ishihara's changes (one in particular has him written all over knowing his tendencies and interviews), there's some good content coming up from the novel. I'm very excited to see it starting to ramp up next week.

KanameYuuki

Parasyte 12
RIP in peace Kana, as Migi said it was just a matter of time, really unfortunate how everything ended for her but at least she died in the hands of the one she liked. When Shinichi asked Migi to take care of the defense and then took the heart of that guy with his bear hands was amazing, not even Migi knew what was going to happen haha.

cj_iwakura

Bubblegum Crisis 2033: Double Vision

It is unreal how good this still looks.

tumblr_nbev5pYDd81rsobu7o1_500.gif

It just makes me sad we hardly get anything of that caliber nowadays.

tumblr_narsnuUAue1rsobu7o1_400.gif

Enjoyed it a lot more than I remembered, though.

In a word, I think it's the shading.

Tuck

Based on what I've seen and been hearing about Seraph of the End, i'm pretty happy I chose not to start watching it.

Watched the new UBW and BBB episodes. Still have Arslan and Plastic Memories to get through. My final (!) exam in university is Monday so I'm not sure if I'll have time to squeeze them in until then, considering I haven't really started studying for it yet...

Unlimited Blade Works - 15
Good episode overall but I had some issues. Illya's backstory was well done, I thought (though some aspects were somewhat unclear). I just think it would have been more impactful had she had a bigger role before this.

I came away with a feeling of "Wait... thats it?" Berserker in the F/Z was a major threat and kept showing up. Here we got what? 2 fights out of him? And in the second fight he basically
got his ass handed to him. Illya seemed like a cool character - I wish we got to see more of her.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - 3
Sort of a slow episode, but I enjoyed what I saw. Guess its building to something for next time. Not in love with the show, but its solid. As others have mentioned, it has a great sense of style - really love the setting and the characters are full of personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom