• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Slayer 1

I dunno what I was expecting between the animation and the "Yeeeart!". I'll admit I about lost it when dood was sprinting down the highway eating.

Also, "You may now recite your death-haiku" should be said by more people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
F/SN 15

I thought this was an awesome episode. Really good shit.

Hey, first time posting here

Plastic memories 01

We all know where this ride is going to end but as long as this show explores the ethics of this whole "pet android" thing on the way i'll be happy to spend 25 minutes a week on it.

Pretty cool so far.

Ninja Slayer 01
Inferno Cop got boring about half way through so the same thing could happen with Ninja slayer. I guess Trigger could make this interesting. I'll have to see more episodes first though.

Plastic memories 01

We all know where this ride is going to end but as long as this show explores the ethics of this whole "pet android" thing on the way i'll be happy to spend 25 minutes a week on it.

If only this were so ...

Welcome to AnimeGAF though.

Jex

[Ninja Slayer] - 1

I actually enjoyed this far more on a second viewing. I'm not even bothered by how long it is because I'm too busy enjoying things like the "Ninja Greeting" and "fighting on a beautiful Torri".

Razmos

Highschool DxD Born episode 3: A good episode, a nice mix of funny, serious and "oh shit I can't believe this is happening"

I really like how flawed the main character is, his speech here really showed some good depth:
"I can't bring out my power until after someone gets hurt. There's no meaning to a power like that!"
I thought there was some good plot in this episode, and some genuinely heartfelt and interesting moments which reminded me why I love the characters in this show.

The breast poking scene was simultaneously funny and cringey, but in a good way. The tense music, the dragons disbelief about what was happening, Koneko calling Issei a pervert, it was really funny.

At this point in the show I actually think it could do without the fanservice, it was funny at first, but the main character getting a breast-based superpower when things are most grim is getting a little bit tired. That being said I still find it funny.

SNAFU S2 ep 3
Hachiman. You da man, but you must change your ways.

UBW S2 ep 3
Man. This show knows how to pack a punch.
Gilgamesh
is a little bitch, and needs a stability update on his ass ASAP.

Blood Blockade 3
Fucking. Excellent. The amount of style oozing from this show is enormous. Everything about this show so far has been done so goddamn right.

Plastic Memories 3
I see where it is going, I see how it is going to end, but I'm still watching it. This episode in particular was quite funny I thought.

Arslan 3
I feel like I'm watching anime GoT ahaha. I'm really digging this one.

Taruranto

Chess Episode #3

iMCbFWW.jpg

Until they appear on the same scene, I'm going to assume ghost-girl here and her brother are the same person.

Arslan Senki 03

Well, I didn't really expect a Char clone in this show.

Still not 100% sure how to feel about this one, but I guess I will keep watching.

edit: wow it is really super late wtf am i doing

cajunator

Banned

Plastic memories 01

Pretty cool so far.

Ninja Slayer 01
Inferno Cop got boring about half way through so the same thing could happen with Ninja slayer. I guess Trigger could make this interesting. I'll have to see more episodes first though.

Hello!

Plastic Memories feels very Chobits to me in a way. Its been a good while since a show like this was made so I dont mind it.

Blood Blockade Battlefront 3

The pacing of this show still feels really off. Even in a slower episode like this it's like we're being rushed through plot points and skipping scenes.

phaze

Arslan Senki 03

zzzz x3. I feel like I really should like this show, the premise and setting really tickle my sweet spot, but the plot is so predictable and the execution so lacklustre that it just leaves me completely cold. Might get back to it later but it's going to the bin as of now.

Keikkai sensen - 03

So profair is chess but on a bigger board , with more pieces , with 4 additionnals fields that serve as a mean to evolve and use more powerfull pieces ?

WTF , this isn't just complicated ,this is insane.

Also this anime as beautifull backgrounds, isn't bad to look at , but feel so much boring at times..i want to believe that we're in a calm before the tempest phase , but so far i'm bored beyond anything this season.

So much potential , yet i'm barely seeing none of it. I'm giving this show 2 more eps before i drop it. No matter of style of awesome ending/opening can save a show like this.. don't disapoint me next episode.

/XX/

Soma, Yahari and Ninja Slayer got the best OP's so far. Can't believe Soma is actually delivering lol, my only gripe with it is that it isn't showing more of the actual cooking process now and just making soma move around with spices. yahari is even better than the first season and the writing is superb. ninja slayer has a great premise with its grittyness (only in the intro lol) which feels like a badass 90's saturday cartoon where there is blood.
Don't accustom too much to the Ninja Slayer's OP on its current form, because judging by the words from Hisaaki Okui about his final contribution to the opening animation not yet there and unfinished (https://twitter.com/gesoikuo/status/588936257620746240) along with the obvious place-holder footage, all hints that it could end up changing quite a bit... maybe they conserve for it some cuts like the final one that homages the 'tokusatsu' series Jiraiya: War of the World Ninjas.

I actually enjoyed this far more on a second viewing. I'm not even bothered by how long it is because I'm too busy enjoying things like the "Ninja Greeting" and "fighting on a beautiful Torri".
You mean the 'AISATSU' ('NOTE: AISATSU is a NINJA bow')? That divine sacred ritual to those 'NINJA' who are about to begin the 'IKUSA' ('NOTE: IKUSA is a battle between NINJA'), as it is written in the 'KOJIKI' ('NOTE: KOJIKI tells of NINJA')?

I really want Viewster to continue with this subs, maybe even approach DUWANG maximum joke status!

The pacing of this show still feels really off. Even in a slower episode like this it's like we're being rushed through plot points and skipping scenes.

From what I know they aren't skipping important scenes and the things they skipped aren't really significant to the series, plus it's really minimal. Also this specific scene was probably the hardest to adapt in Kekkai and they actually did a good job.

phaze

burnitwithfire.gif

Blood Blockade Battlefront 03

I would complain about this being a case of style over substance but when the style is so good, I don't think I can do it too loudly. My doubts about the viability of source material remain, Trigun's begginng consisted of an entire cour of episodic material and I hope that won't be the case here.

Midonin

SHOW BY ROCK!! 03

Criticrista looks more like the kind of band you'd get from a show like PriPara or Aikatsu, with all their coordination and their cuteness. The monsters that were there in the first episode seem to be lying dormant for now as the rest of the bands make their way to the stage. And it looks like the girls' backstories were really true - there really are sheep aliens that Moa is in contact with and doing research on the music world for for some reason. All we have to see is the last, and most Japanese, of the bands that was teased at the very end of the episode, and then things can really get moving.

burnitwithfire.gif

Blood Blockade Battlefront 03

I would complain about this being a case of style over substance but when the style is so good, I don't think I can do it too loudly. My doubts about the viability of source material remain, Trigun's begginng consisted of an entire cour of episodic material and I hope that won't be the case here.

From what I see this episode was mainly about worldbuilding and Klaus's character. To give a glimpse of what the Alter World looks like and to show where Libra gets their intel when Chain isn't a able to. It also provides a look into Klaus's character and how he's determined to risk his life for Humans and the World, it gives a good look into his convictions. He's a first rate gentleman after all.

Taruranto

Suikoden Anime #3

LOL at the end-episode illustration. It's like someone realized the whole episode was just MANLY MEN and tender master/servant moments between Arslan and Daryum and said "quick! slap some tits to not alienate the other audience!"

I mean I couldn't expect the show to remain consistently good, but god damn was this episode boring. Sure it had pretty visuals, but I didn't sign up to watch people play chess and tell me about how awesome chess is. I would rather watch anime characters play children's card games.

Next episode seems like it might be better but I find it silly that
they introduce the ghost girl last episode, and then in this episode we only see them finish the conversation and then at the very end of the episode for a few minutes. Why introduce her prior then?

Angel's Egg

The atmosphere in this movie was nothing short of amazing. The dark, mystic and creepy environments was a treat to watch. It's timelessly stunning.
The soundtrack in this was haunting yet beautiful. And the detail of sound was great.
There is not much dialogue, and the story is rather told through events and gestures. However that didn't take away from the experience, quite the opposite actually. It elevated it.
I don't think this is a movie for everyone, and I didn't think I would like it going in, but I really enjoyed it. Image Dump.

Mandelbo

Angel's Egg

The atmosphere in this movie was nothing short of amazing. The dark, mystic and creepy environments was a treat to watch. It's timelessly stunning.

The soundtrack in this was haunting yet beautiful. And the detail of sound was great.
There is not much dialogue, and the story is rather told through events and gestures. However that didn't take away from the experience, quite the opposite actually. It elevated it.

I don't think this is a movie for everyone, and I didn't think I would like it going in, but I really enjoyed it. Image Dump.

Yes! I watched this a couple of months ago for the first time and thought it was absolutely stunning. It's incredibly disconcerting, both in terms of imagery and sound design - I recall reading somewhere that it's been described as an animated painting, and I think that description fits it perfectly. I really should give it another watch sometime!

I love this part in particular:

I mean I couldn't expect the show to remain consistently good, but god damn was this episode boring. Sure it had pretty visuals, but I didn't sign up to watch people play chess and tell me about how awesome chess is. I would rather watch anime characters play children's card games.

Next episode seems like it might be better but I find it silly that
they introduce the ghost girl last episode, and then in this episode we only see them finish the conversation and then at the very end of the episode for a few minutes. Why introduce her prior then?

The point of this episode wasn't to watch them play chess but to provide some worldbuilding and insight to Klaus's character. I mean it showed how they obtain their Intel.

I could see why this episode may seem slow or boring but it sure wasn't a waste as it added to the series. Also as for the
ghost girl
we'll just have to wait and see.

Mandelbo

Wixoss is a great experience.

What was the second series like? I watched the first one through completely and had somewhat mixed feelings on it because of the story, which felt a little too close to Madoka for my liking - do things get shaken up in series 2? Akira goes completely off the rails near the end of series 1, so I'm kinda curious as to where they took that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom