• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys probably knew already, but Lupin has slipped. Sort of. Kinda.

The blue jacket series will begin airing this May in Italy, but won't broadcast in Japan until "Fall 2015."

Yuji Ohno has been confirmed to be handling the series soundtrack. He has been scoring the franchise since 1977, but it has been over a year since he last worked on Lupin (his last film was 2013's Princess of the Breeze.)

http://lupinnewseason.tumblr.com/post/116914073115/2015

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2051828/full/

That's a bizarre decision. Is Lupin super popular in Italy?
Is it going to be Italian voice overs or Italian subbed? I wonder if CR/Funi will get it somehow.

That's a bizarre decision. Is Lupin super popular in Italy?
Is it going to be Italian voice overs or Italian subbed? I wonder if CR/Funi will get it somehow.

Yep! The franchise is arguably more popular there than it is in Japan these days. It'll be getting a full Italian dub and will air on RTI. The series is actually set in Italy, too!

Mature

You guys probably knew already, but Lupin has slipped. Sort of. Kinda.

The blue jacket series will begin airing this May in Italy, but won't broadcast in Japan until "Fall 2015."

Yuji Ohno has been confirmed to be handling the series soundtrack. He has been scoring the franchise since 1977, but it has been over a year since he last worked on Lupin (his last film was 2013's Princess of the Breeze.)

http://lupinnewseason.tumblr.com/post/116914073115/2015

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2051828/full/
Saw this earlier. Still very excited! And May was sooner than I thought it would end up appearing.

Crocodile

A) Any chance the Italian dub might get simulcast with English subs? This kind of mehtastic season could use an injection of Lupin!

B) A Studio Ghibli version of Parasyte would have been interesting. A shame it never happened - it would have had to have been better than the Madhouse version by default :)

John Blade

Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Do You Remember Love is a movie adaptation of the phenomenal 1982 Super Dimension Fortress Macross series, with the movie being released back in summer of 1984 to a huge marketing campaign. The film is without a doubt a defining pillar of anime, one that set the stage for things to come with its foundations still being used today. From the phenomenal soundtrack to the awe-inspiring visuals, Do You Remember Love is without a doubt an all-time classic and a must watch for anyone who has a love for animation and all things anime.

To know more about the film, you have to go all the way back to October 3rd 1982 with the release of the original series itself. The original Macross series is without a doubt one of my all-time favorites. It’s a show filled with an amazing, engrossing cast, a captivating soundtrack and a beautiful story. The series was notable for its combination of action, Sci-Fi and romance, all held together with its core theme of music, a combination it pioneered and a combination that is still used today in the world of anime. Epic fights in space with a Japanese pop song playing in the background, all choreographed with finesse…what’s not to love? The music in Macross is truly a defining element of the series, and was embraced by fans all around the world, with its popularity transitioning Mari Iijima, the voice actress for one of the main characters into a mega hit sensation overnight.

Originally inspired by the hit series Mobile Suit Gundam, which had released a few years prior and was already setting the world on fire, it’s fair to say that Macross had a troubled start. Originally conceived as a 48 episode series, the original sponsor’s ideas of a comedy focused series clashed with Studio Nue’s ambition to create an epic space opera. With the original sponsor soon out of business, Macross was left without a sponsor, until an advertising agency named Big West approached the studio with the intention to branch out and agreed to sponsor Macross. With reservations in regards to how popular Macross may end up being, the episode run was cut down to 27 and the budget reduced. With the debut out of the way however, it was clear that Macross was a huge success and Big West was finally convinced to give the thumbs up to extend the series to 36 episodes, which would allow the studio to end where they had originally intended. This of course is without going into the whole ordeal that is Harmony Gold and their stranglehold on the series outside of Japan, but that’s another story. I want to keep this positive.

So with that out of the way, let’s get to the main event, Do You Remember Love? We’ll call it DYRL from here on out since it shorter. DYRL is as mentioned above a film adaptation of the classic series, and without a doubt the best way in which I’ve seen this concept handled. Unlike say the Gurren Lagann movies which splices a little bit of new footage with the show, in an attempt to recreate and stick to the fidelity of the original series, staying true to the original script, or the Gunbuster/Diebuster movies that just cut content from the original OVA’s, thus removing key plot points and characterization in order to fit into a smaller run time, DYRL is lovingly reanimated from the ground up and takes liberties with the story while still treading familiar ground. This accumulates to what I can only describe as the best looking animated anime film I have ever seen. In case anyone is wondering, I watched this on the 30th Anniversary Blu-ray Box, and boy does this film look and sound stunning.

Taking a near 16 hour series and condensing it into an hour and 55 minute film is no easy task and less so when a template for doing so hasn’t been invented yet, so the task is doubly daunting. Taking this all into consideration, I am more than pleased with the way in which they tackled the task; in fact I am enthralled by the resulting film. People often ask “Which one did it better?” and “What should I start with first?” Well in my opinion, the answer is pretty obvious. If you want to get into Macross, (which if you haven’t already you really should!) the original 36 episode series is the definitive way to go about it. It is the quintessential Macross series, and DYRL is heightened by its viewing as it is the animated embodiment of the term nostalgia. Looking back at the world and characters that you know and love in a new light is enthralling and fun, and quite honestly you’d be hard pressed to see me without an ear to ear grin on my face while watching this and it would be just as hard to see my eyes dry while doing so. Never have I been so pleased with an animated film, and never has an animated film looked and sounded this good. Everything is familiar if you’ve seen Macross, and yet everything has more life to it and more energy. Details everywhere, Macross has never looked this good, and it never will. From a visual standpoint, you’ll be hard pressed to beat the fidelity here. Everything and everyone has been recreated with love and care.

Does DYRL hold up on its own two feet? Yes, but it’s very clear that DYRL is a love letter in and of itself, to the fans, to the world of Macross. For a film that released over 30 years ago, it holds up effortlessly, stomping on the face of newer films. The world of Macross has been given a new lick of paint, and it’s hard to ask for anything more than that. To have something you care for reconstructed with such delicacy is something any fan of a series should hope for if this is the result.

The audio is an important pillar that makes up the entirety of Macross, and I’m extremely pleased to say that it’s all in tact here. Presented in a DTS-HD HR 5.1 track, each of Minmay’s songs sound delightful. Most of the background audio are new renditions of tracks from the show itself, however many new tracks from the late composer Kentaro Haneda make their way onto DYRL and each and every one of these background tracks hit the right spot, and it feels oh so good to hear one of these tracks as Hikaru pilots his VF-1A Valkyrie through a barrage of missiles, dodging and weaving. Nothing beats this sensation, and if anyone knows Macross, you’d know that Macross loves to dish out those missiles. The soundtrack ranges from soft and sombre to sweeping and powerful with your healthy dose of Lynn Minmay classics thrown in for good measure. From 0-G Love to Sunset Beach. All of it comes together to make a film that will have you shuffling from side to side one moment, shedding tears the next, and laughing all the way as the visual onslaught blows your mind away.

The story does little to introduce you to the world of the Super Dimension Fortress itself and its crew and instead throws you straight into the skirmish. I loved that about this film if I’m honest, it goes in with the intention that the people watching are acquainted with the series, and that’s great. Get in there and give me a spectacle! That’s not to say that no exposition is at play here, because there’s certain scenes that exist just to explain what’s going on, but thankfully these scenes are either touched up and play out a bit differently to the equivalent scenes in the TV series, or are totally new scenes altogether so you’ve always got something to keep you on your toes plot wise.

The characters are a strong point of Macross, with an amazing female cast. It is dated, and simplistic at times, but earnestly so. Its heart is in the right place, and that’s what I love about Macross and DYRL. It’s punchy, overly confident and yet sincere. It’s a story about an alien race going in an all-out war with Humans and the inhabitants of the Super Dimension Fortress itself, with the power of love, music and culture being the ultimate deciding weapon in this war. It’s overly optimistic on paper, but the series delves into themes that include the effects of war on soldiers, dealing with lost and found love, all wrapped up in a complicated love triangle that inevitably leaves someone with the cold shoulder. The comedy hits the right notes, and knows when to stay away, and the serious moments have you fully invested as you care for its strong cast. The cast in the film is very week development wise compared to the stellar series, as everyone’s development on screen is compromised in order to strengthen the protagonists own development in the short period of time. Again, it worked for me since I was already acquainted with the amazing cast, but without seeing the series’ first you’d be hard pressed to know that certain characters are a couple at all!

I think it was the correct choice overall as you spend a vast majority of the time with a small subset of characters in DYRL anyways, which is a shame since I love everyone in Macross, with the TV series even managing to get me to care for characters that I hated which goes to show just how great the characters are in Macross are and just how great the voice actors play their roles with mastery. I’ve never really fallen in love with a character in an anime before, as I detest most females in anime, but man I was head over heels for Hayase, and I still am, and unlike the TV series, I actually cared a lot for Minmay herself, unnaturally so. Her eyes and her dancing man…infectious.

In terms of the actual Blu-ray itself and its transfer, let me say that screenshots don’t do it justice at all. The movie looks absolutely stunning in motion thanks to the juxtaposition of the dark, deep space and the bright explosions and neon lights that give each scene a sense of vibrancy and life. Colors pop and standout amidst the starry night sky. It’s true; the Blu-ray is faced with a myriad of issues. Its super grainy, and both dirt, tears and scratches are visible, with many scenes looking really blurry at times, and the ending credits (a scene from Macross Flashback 2012) looking like it was pulled from a VHS, and yet I still fell head over heels for this because at times the visuals do truly shine as you see each and every star in the sky sparkling and shimmering to the sound of Minmay. I think the DVD is a fine way to watch this, but man in motion I really loved how it looked on Blu-ray, and the sound quality was to die for, with the sounds of missiles ricocheting from to channel to channel. The previous voice actors reprise their roles here, but with the added bonus that both the Zentradi and Meltrandi, whom are the aliens in the film and series, have their own language in this film, which sounded pretty awesome! Yak Deculture!

So, in the end it’s plain as day that I’m head over heels for DYRL. Macross is without a doubt one of my favourite TV series of all time, and DYRL is a love letter to that series. Many things are skipped and changed but that’s fine because the changes they made were the right ones for the format. Instead of cramming everything into barley 2 hour film down from a 16 hour series, the story has been reconstructed in a way that makes sense for the time that they have. The reoccurring music is a delight to hear with the new visuals, and the new music being some of my favourites in the series. Like the TV series itself, DYRL is a happy, sad, emotional roller-coaster, one that I’m happy to ride on again and again and again. DYRL to put it simply is a 2 hour Macross Music video, beautifully choreographed and lovingly put together, a ride though memory lane. In the end, I remembered the love that I had for Macross, and got to experience it all over again.

10/10

Man...as a Macross fans who own both the ADV and AnimEigo original Macross DVD collection for North America, I love the show quite a bit. It's kinda funny as I never have a chance to watch the movie all the way as I should have love it. I guess I will have to give myself 2 hours on the weekend to watch the movie. Love the soundtrack for it to the point it's in my MP3 player on the go. So, which version of the blu ray to get? I know the limited version you got is great but was wonder if they is another one just the movie as I don't really need those special stuff too much (unless the price is great).

A) Any chance the Italian dub might get simulcast with English subs? This kind of mehtastic season could use an injection of Lupin!

It's possible. It depends what's happening here. If Italian studios are coproducing, they might be the ones negotiating the exclusivity deal. If there's another reason for the delay in Japan, we may see a simulcast.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Ok guys, I think I'm already done checking out these new shows, wtf is this one? Kissing to switch bodies, then switch back then a triple switch.... How screwed up is this show going to get with 7? Can you imagine a 7 person switch? This is actually pretty boring, and they classify it as a "romantic comedy" maybe if it was just the two of them helping each other out... That could have made a funny romantic show in itself, I mean, talk about knowing everything about one another..
No, each witch has a different power. Only one has the body-switching power, each other witch has a new power. The kissing thing is a series staple, because that's how Yamada copies powers, but what the powers are is different for each girl. It's a pretty amusing series, I like the manga. There's action, some drama, and plenty of comedy. The anime is a good adaptation so far as well!

The manga is actually popular and mainstream enough to have also gotten a live-action adaptation, though I haven't seen it.

if you're already bored/tired with it then I'd suggest just quitting it because the first arc of the manga is the best one and then it completely fucked it up past that. And I mean fucked it up not in the sense that the first arc was amazing, just that they could have had something decent but nope.
I disagree, the manga is still good. Yeah, I do miss some things about the first arc, but it's definitely still a good series.

Cornbread78

No, each witch has a different power. Only one has the body-switching power, each other witch has a new power. The kissing thing is a series staple, because that's how Yamada copies powers, but what the powers are is different for each girl. It's a pretty amusing series, I like the manga. There's action, some drama, and plenty of comedy. The anime is a good adaptation so far as well!

The manga is actually popular and mainstream enough to have also gotten a live-action adaptation, though I haven't seen it.

I disagree, the manga is still good. Yeah, I do miss some things about the first arc, but it's definitely still a good series.

I might go back to it much later when I can watch most of the series in one sitting, but the first couple episodes didn't draw me in.

Reknoc

Man...as a Macross fans who own both the ADV and AnimEigo original Macross DVD collection for North America, I love the show quite a bit. It's kinda funny as I never have a chance to watch the movie all the way as I should have love it. I guess I will have to give myself 2 hours on the weekend to watch the movie. Love the soundtrack for it to the point it's in my MP3 player on the go. So, which version of the blu ray to get? I know the limited version you got is great but was wonder if they is another one just the movie as I don't really need those special stuff too much (unless the price is great).

I don't think there's much choice at this point. Just the standard edition.

javac

The movie is amazing, you should without a doubt watch it! :) Agreed with the soundtrack, it's one of my favorites for sure.

• In terms of the Blu-ray, as you know, there's two versions. The Limited Edition which comes with Blu-ray with the PS3 game on the disc (the same as the standard release, in a blue amaray), the Flashback 2012 film which is a little collection of music videos and an art-book, posters, cels, download for the PS1 game etc. That version is sold out at retail, and goes for anywhere from 12000 Yen (100 USD) second hand if you're lucky to around 20000 Yen (170 USD) brand new these days on places like Amazon Japan.
  • The standard Edition goes for around 60 to 70 USD and comes with the PS3 game. Being a video game, Amazon Japan don't ship internationally but you can purchase it from places like Playasia for $74.99 Link and CDJapan for $57.18 Link
EDIT:Oops, sorry CDJapan they don't have it in stock :( You could give Amazon Japan a go, but you'd need a proxy to get it shipped outside of Japan. Link

Keep in mind, and this may be a deal breaker, the Blu-ray does not have any English subtitles, I had to use a bit of ingenuity with this :)

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 01

QMcWQX9.jpg
HFxdaXe.jpg

My journey through gundam continues with the one I've been looking forward to the most out of my list. Now first to how it look. GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL that's how it fucking looks, a lot of which is probably thanks to the fact this is a widely spaced apart OVA series rather than a typical 25+ episode gundam series. Fell in love with the character designs rather off the bat which probably has a lot to do with the fact they don't look...atypical I suppose is the word I'm thinking of in my head.

I had my misgivings at the beginning because of the way it started. I mean I've watched enough gundam to accurately predict what's going to happen to the super special space colony every is in love with at the beginning of the episode. The only thing all that shocking was that it wasn't a bunch of deep undercover mobile suits shooting it to pieces.

Another story point I'm not too 100% on is this Banagher Links fellow and the pilot of the roided out Zaku. Banagher has already gotten on my nerves with very action he has taken so far. I certainly hope he grows beyond spending the entire series chasing after his love interest like an abandoned puppy.
Clearly they are both newtypes and if there's one thing I've grown to hate in my gundam series are people with super powers running about and gundam exhibiting super powers as well rather than just being skillfully crafted by top scientific minds using amazing materials and impressive weapons. Based on what I'm seeing so far this show is going to focus heavily on that subset of gundam lore.

Laputa_94

xp7yCNNm.jpg

This episode shows Mazinger in action for the first time without comically bumbling around, and its pretty cool. I am always for a mecha anime protagonist who is very gung-ho towards getting in the robot. Though I see this becoming a monster of the week show I continue to enjoy it.

John Blade

The movie is amazing, you should without a doubt watch it! :) Agreed with the soundtrack, it's one of my favorites for sure.

• In terms of the Blu-ray, as you know, there's two versions. The Limited Edition which comes with Blu-ray with the PS3 game on the disc (the same as the standard release, in a blue amaray), the Flashback 2012 film which is a little collection of music videos and an art-book, posters, cels, download for the PS1 game etc. That version is sold out at retail, and goes for anywhere from 12000 Yen (100 USD) second hand if you're lucky to around 20000 Yen (170 USD) brand new these days on places like Amazon Japan.
  • The standard Edition goes for around 60 to 70 USD and comes with the PS3 game. Being a video game, Amazon Japan don't ship internationally but you can purchase it from places like Playasia for $74.99 Link and CDJapan for $57.18 Link
EDIT:Oops, sorry CDJapan they don't have it in stock :( You could give Amazon Japan a go, but you'd need a proxy to get it shipped outside of Japan. Link

Keep in mind, and this may be a deal breaker, the Blu-ray does not have any English subtitles, I had to use a bit of ingenuity with this :)

Oh damm....that is the deal breaker as I kinda want to watch this with English sub. I guess it either have to be download online with the sub on or get the sub track and try to input it on the video.

Also, wondering if you ever have the chance to watch the fan dub for this movie. I guess you should know they was an official English dub for this movie but it was done in Hong Kong and from the sound of it, it was terrible. You can watch it on youtube if you're interested in seeing how bad it's.

The one I am talking is a fan dub version of the movie which from I heard and saw is actually not too bad and actually make the movie watchable. unfortunately, copyright law now make this video remove from Youtube. So, unless you know someone who mange to download the movie, it's now lost. Wondering if you watch it before as I manage to get the youtube video and download it and now in my back up. Just wondering if anyone here want to watch it.

Suplexer

Nisekoi Season 2 - Episode 01

I took a 3 month or so break from anime recently, purely by coincidence. I didn't exactly tell myself to stay away from it, but due to a new job, moving, and helping my father move, I haven't exactly had time to spend on things like anime.

I was so excited for the second season of Nisekoi, not because I thought it was going to be good, but because I knew it was going to be bad. I had read the manga ahead of time, and knew how stupid things were going to get, and I have always been one to embrace the silly side of anime and enjoy it.

I finally sat down and started the first episode the other day, and I couldn't even finish it. I thought maybe I finally "grew out" of anime, even though I really only watch most shows for a laugh with friends, but I went on to watch another show with a friend and was fully enjoying the stupidity of a show about someone being able to kiss people to switch bodies.

Maybe I need to take another swing at it, but is anyone else finding Nisekoi particularly un-entertaining, as far as "so silly it's fun" anime go?

I think it's maybe gone a few steps too far and is too cliche and unoriginal. The first few minutes were so generic and bland that it wasn't even funny, it was just unappealing.

Yahari - 03

Poor Hachiman when he was with Haruno. Had to have old wounds be brought up again. ;_; Also:

Definitely like S2 Haruno more than S1.

I like the hair gradient but she looks so different. She looks less mischievous and more like a normal older sister.

Puruzi

Banned
Nisekoi Season 2 - Episode 01

I took a 3 month or so break from anime recently, purely by coincidence. I didn't exactly tell myself to stay away from it, but due to a new job, moving, and helping my father move, I haven't exactly had time to spend on things like anime.

I was so excited for the second season of Nisekoi, not because I thought it was going to be good, but because I knew it was going to be bad. I had read the manga ahead of time, and knew how stupid things were going to get, and I have always been one to embrace the silly side of anime and enjoy it.

I finally sat down and started the first episode the other day, and I couldn't even finish it. I thought maybe I finally "grew out" of anime, even though I really only watch most shows for a laugh with friends, but I went on to watch another show with a friend and was fully enjoying the stupidity of a show about someone being able to kiss people to switch bodies.

Maybe I need to take another swing at it, but is anyone else finding Nisekoi particularly un-entertaining, as far as "so silly it's fun" anime go?

I think it's maybe gone a few steps too far and is too cliche and unoriginal. The first few minutes were so generic and bland that it wasn't even funny, it was just unappealing.

S2 ep 1 sucked. S2 ep 2 was pretty great though.

I still enjoy it, but that's because I enjoy shaft visual stuff, and because I'm reading it and I like seeing the stuff animated

cj_iwakura

I just thought that I'd add that I've never seen Urusei Yatsura. City Hunter looks legit up my alley however :D

To this day it remains the craziest show ever made. It was just sheer madcap insanity.

Only Excel Saga comes close, but UY was not afraid of anything, such as dousing the entire planet in oil.

javac

Also, wondering if you ever have the chance to watch the fan dub for this movie. I guess you should know they was an official English dub for this movie but it was done in Hong Kong and from the sound of it, it was terrible. You can watch it on youtube if you're interested in seeing how bad it's.

The one I am talking is a fan dub version of the movie which from I heard and saw is actually not too bad and actually make the movie watchable. unfortunately, copyright law now make this video remove from Youtube. So, unless you know someone who mange to download the movie, it's now lost. Wondering if you watch it before as I manage to get the youtube video and download it and now in my back up. Just wondering if anyone here want to watch it.

I'll be honest, I'm very much invested in my subs, and generally choose them over dubs. While looking at clips on YouTube and such, I've come across Macross fan dubs of various types, but nothing serious, just a curious "I wonder what it sounds like" affair. I've actually heard the official dub for the film, and I actually thought that it was a fan made one at the start haha, it is pretty bad haha. It'd be funny if the fan dub was better :p Of course when it comes down to it, the original voice cast is the way to watch anything, especially something like Macross where the vocals and such all play an important part.

Vecks

I've always found the series entertaining enough. There is a certain... blandness to the material, but the voice work and animation kind of elevate it to a point where I still enjoy it when I've got nothing else to watch.

javac

To this day it remains the craziest show ever made. It was just sheer madcap insanity.

Only Excel Saga comes close, but UY was not afraid of anything, such as dousing the entire planet in oil.

Strange, I never saw it as something that would be zany and crazy, the only truly whacky thing I've seen is...FLCL I guess. I liked it a lot, but I'd hazard a guess and say that the inclusion of The Pillows played an important role in that :p

javac

Little Fun Fact #1 ( a biweekly segment), I often get Wicked City and City Hunter mixed up, you can imagine the hilarity that ensues. Oh and I fucking love the art style of Wicked City. Why does something so wrong look so good? I need more things that has that art style...

Cornbread78

Acchi Kocchi 1-4
Fuck this show is hella cute...

I was trying to watch it earlier as Cajun recommended it again, but I won't work on my Kindle or cellphone

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Place-to-Place/HereThere/Watch

That is the site Cajun gave me, is there another "safe" place to watch it?

I've always found the series entertaining enough. There is a certain... blandness to the material, but the voice work and animation kind of elevate it to a point where I still enjoy it when I've got nothing else to watch.

The problem I found with S1 was there were moments that it just bird me to tears and it wasn't funny. I actually enjoyed Saekano more as a first season and laughed more at it's harem antics..

cajunator

Banned
I was trying to watch it earlier as Cajun recommended it again, but I won't work on my Kindle or cellphone

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Place-to-Place/HereThere/Watch

That is the site Cajun gave me, is there another "safe" place to watch it?

The problem I found with S1 was there were moments that it just bird me to tears and it wasn't funny. I actually enjoyed Saekano more as a first season and laughed more at it's harem antics..

Well its on dvd/bluray too

Cornbread78

John Blade

This 5 episodes is mostly consist of backstory of main character in the team like Houquet and her past life of how she got bitch slap by rival team but manage to take them down by herself and make her old town safe, Jim who want to return a book to the original owner from his friend who die in battle and found his strength when the situation in the town went down south quickly, and Stig found out his military idol and how he respect him even though the idol betray his people.

Also, this 5 episode does come with either an episode which doesn't push the plot of the show at all (aka: the lost world) or bring in another female character who didn't know she is an alien and so with her team (except for the audience). During all of this, more battle with the Inbit which is fun to watch even though it starting to repeat a bit.

Overall, the same tone from the last 5 episodes but it slowly start to expand a bit more. The new female character, Aisha, is an interesting take and we will see how she will expand the show, knowing who she is except herself and the team member. For the lost world episode, it's really a filler as they isn't anything important to expand the story except the alien are trying to learn earth life form. I guess, one of the better episode is when Stig military idol, Jonathan as you can see how he change from someone who is tired of war and sold out his people to become a man of what he was in the past and die in honor. Unfortunately, what he did in the end cause the city and the people who live in they life even though they don't show it. Still, the end of that episode, you know those people are done for now.

Still, liking the show and will continue watch the next 5 episodes.

I'll be honest, I'm very much invested in my subs, and generally choose them over dubs. While looking at clips on YouTube and such, I've come across Macross fan dubs of various types, but nothing serious, just a curious "I wonder what it sounds like" affair. I've actually heard the official dub for the film, and I actually thought that it was a fan made one at the start haha, it is pretty bad haha. It'd be funny if the fan dub was better :p Of course when it comes down to it, the original voice cast is the way to watch anything, especially something like Macross where the vocals and such all play an important part.

Well, the fan dub won't replace the original Japanese dub and that will be the one I will use to watch the movie when I have the chance. Still, I guess the best way is maybe put the fan dub as download for people who is interested in it. I just need to get the back up file and upload it somewhere. If you want to compare it, it's much better than the official dub and might be something I might want to watch once to see how it sound like. Unfortunately, the video quality was bad as that is how it was shown in YouTube. I hope I can found the better quality fan dub video but from the look of it, that might not going to happened now. If anyone want it, do post up and I will see if I can upload it.

Man that episode was rough, huh? One of the best episodes in the show, masterfully handled and really effective in punching you right in the gut. It's been a while, but that and episode 15 may be my favorites.

Yeah. Show was little slow starter but now I am so engrossed that I can't stop watching it. Clock is 4.20 AM here in Finland....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom