• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Edward+Elric.jpg

where would you guys rank this guy in terms of all time anime protagonists?

top 5 tbh. he feels human unlike all of the other protags who are juiced up with the power of friendship to beat people. his cause was also heartwarming yet sad at the same time.

Yeah. Show was little slow starter but now I am so engrossed that I can't stop watching it. Clock is 4.20 AM here in Finland....

its one of those nights eh?

Arcadius

Banned
Hanamaru Kindergarten

So this show is probably one of the absolute most kawaii I've ever seen. It's right up there with Potemayo and others that I've seen. The extra chibi characters are such a delight to watch. The story is extra cute and funny; the whole lovey dubey feelings are a lot of fun. Every second, literally every single second, I had an expression on my face. Smiles and laughter were abundant; heck for some reason even tears rolled down my face for no apparent reason, but it was nice.

I love how each episode had a different ending too, with each ending having to do with something that happened in the episode (kind of). I love the ending for episode 2, I like the hard metal sound with the happy and clean vocals (Best metal), and episode 8 had a really idyllic and serene ending. In-fact, all the endings were good, so good, I'll definitely be listening to them again.

Ending 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42jGBZj2-0
Ending 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8kh2k9C58

Though, all the endings are good, give them a listen folks, your spirits will rise to the stratosphere from the cute voices and fun beats.

I believe thanks is in order for Cajun for bringing this one up, so thanks a lot! Loved it 10/10 (Notice a pattern? Everything I've seen is 10/10.... I'm toooo soft!)

Midonin

Sailor Moon 98-99

I liked the first episode a little better - Haruka realizing that Usagi is worth trusting, even if she's a bit spacey, made for some fun moments. Plus the MotWs had some very noticeable... headlights. But man, those guys at the racetrack were total douches. Haruka beat you in a race. Be a good sport and let her have her victory. Trying to murder/injure her is only gonna reflect badly on you. The Yuichiro episodes always feel more like they belong in a Rumiko Takahashi show, and while Yuichiro isn't all that memorable, the use of enka was appreciated. And Rei got to do something mostly on her own.

Very nearly halfway done with the entire show here. Surprised I've been keeping up with Moonday this long.

Jintor

Toradora! ep. 1-12:
So, I ended up hitting the wrong queued up series earlier ( I added all those recommeneded earlier) and ended up watching 1/2 of this series. This is a pretty fun series with some humor built into it. I just wish these two love birds would just get over their infatuations with others and go out already. That is until I think back to my own Freshman and Sophmore years and I always hung out with my best friend (who was female) and we were like soul mates that wouldn;t admit it, but always tried to help each other out. We never did hook up, I mean, she asked me out and I declined because I thought she was joking, but she was serious, bad news.... I hurt her feelings so bad that out fiendship was never the same after that. I guess that could be the outcome of this one. This was a good diversion, but wasn't what I was looking for earlier... Dude has gotta man up.

Funnily enough I found Ryuuji on the braver side of non-asky anime protagonists.

Ed's a great guy. I wish the mangaka had laid back on the short jokes but I guess that's just one of those things I guess.

My favourite thing is that you can see him visibly grow (like, physically speaking) over the course of the anime/manga. It's one of those things you don't necessarily notice until you start comparing chapters.

Great dub voice too.

Yamada-kun and the seven witches - 01
Decent start

What a weird power , could be the start of many others things ...
But i'll settle for comedy

Yep comedy is good.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1-END

What a great show, it took the whole loner/society reject topic without being too much of a bad taste. Some comedy mixed in with a lot of face punching, to be honest this shows did more damage to me than WataMote, it is too realistic.

Really looking forward for season 2, just disappointed that the sources material isn't finish yet, so it is going to stuck with no conclusions like other LN adaption.

Cornbread78

Funnily enough I found Ryuuji on the braver side of non-asky anime protagonists.

Ed's a great guy. I wish the mangaka had laid back on the short jokes but I guess that's just one of those things I guess.

My favourite thing is that you can see him visibly grow (like, physically speaking) over the course of the anime/manga. It's one of those things you don't necessarily notice until you start comparing chapters.
Great dub voice too.

I mean, given your anecdote, I'd have thought you'd have more empathy for Ryuuji, really...

Ok, after watching ep.13, I think you're right, however, he has only really been fighting for Taiga the whole time and has not really pursued his "love intetest" seriously. On the contrary, Taiga has been successfull to a point with hers. I call him weak because I think he already knows who he really wants but is not being true to himself and won't outwardly admit it..

What a great show, it took the whole loner/society reject topic without being too much of a bad taste. Some comedy mixed in with a lot of face punching, to be honest this shows did more damage to me than WataMote, it is too realistic.

Really looking forward for season 2, just disappointed that the sources material isn't finish yet, so it is going to stuck with no conclusions like other LN adaption.

Watch the OVA and then on to season 2. S2 has been fantastic so far.

Jintor

Ok, after watching ep.13, I think you're right, however, he has only really been fighting for Taiga the whole time and has not really pursued his "love intetest" seriously. On the contrary, Taiga has been successfull to a point with hers. I call him weak because I think he already knows who he really wants but is not being true to himself and won't outwardly admit it..

Please bro that's called being human

KanameYuuki

Great show Parasyte and I really appreciate endings without a clear disclosure, I should really give more adult themed animes a try, a man cannot survive only with slice of life series.

Cornbread78

Infinite Stratos dude is the most human character ever. He knows all the girls are actuakky demons trying to seduce him and he fights it day after day by refusing to even acknowledge it.

Just goes to show Makoto Ito was on the right path for awhile there once he "manned up" lol

I kid I kid, damn kid was very busy with his harem, until the end, lol

Jintor

I just find it funny because your anecdote is basically "so this show basically happened to me" but instead of empathising your response is to tell him to man up instead of work his way through his issues lol

Tuck

Ronja The Robber's Daughter 01
I am... shocked at how good this looks.

Its obvious its CG but it seems so natural and blends so well. Very impressive. Sure, 2D animation is better. But... this is pretty neat.

Kekkai Sensen 03

This is one of those rare instances where I wish I was watching a dub, not because I think the performances are poor, but just so I can focus my attention 100% of the time to the jaw-dropping artwork and cinematography. Everything this show does, even something as simple as a board game, becomes a spectacle to behold.

This is also one of those rare instances where I love practically all the characters. I look forward to seeing them interact with one another just as much I do the fight scenes.

Also, that whole sequence of Leo getting kicked out of his apartment was straight up Futurama :lol

Cornbread78

I just find it funny because your anecdote is basically "so this show basically happened to me" but instead of empathising your response is to tell him to man up instead of work his way through his issues lol

Well, the key difference is that I had other relationships that I focused on even with that special friendship because neither of us recognized it as romantic until it was too late. He hasn't done either. .

Jintor

Hasn't he?

He's convinced himself that he's after Redhead and that Taiga is after his buddy. So he mentally rules Taiga out of his personal relationship equation and that's that. Seems pretty simple.

Anything he feels is by definition one-sided from his POV because Taiga is (to him) after glasses-face. Therefore, there's no point pursuing it or even thinking of it as real, because it can't be real. QED.

Once you've established a relationship with someone it's very difficult to do things to actively break that style of relationship...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Has it really caught up? It took around 2-3 years if I'm not mistaken for the 2nd season to come up if memory is working. If it hasn't caught up, I'm sure it'll take around the same time or my perception of time is faulty.

Hasn't he?

He's convinced himself that he's after Redhead and that Taiga is after his buddy. So he mentally rules Taiga out of his personal relationship equation and that's that. Seems pretty simple.

Anything he feels is by definition one-sided from his POV because Taiga is (to him) after glasses-face. Therefore, there's no point pursuing it or even thinking of it as real, because it can't be real. QED.

I love Toradora, one of the first romance animes I watched and the feels are so good damn it.

Narag

Is it a dystopia iin the opinions of MRAs or a dystopia of MRA opinions?

Men are second class citizens and no longer hold any prestige or power in the world since the IS units can only be piloted by women and and each IS unit is equivalent to a nation's entire military capability!!!!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Has it really caught up? It took around 2-3 years if I'm not mistaken for the 2nd season to come up if memory is working. If it hasn't caught up, I'm sure it'll take around the same time or my perception of time is faulty.

We are in the middle of Volume 8 right now, it seems like volume 11 just came out, and it is not the end. So the anime will run out of material soon. Hopefully it won't be another Haruhi.

Clov

Lucky☆Star

So this show was something truly kawaii. It's an absolute treasure to watch Miyuki, Konata, Kagami and Tsukasa just live their lives. The absolute innocence is truly wonderful, the talks of manga/anime, food and general questions are just tooooo freaking cute. The art style is sublime, the colors are pretty and the sound effects and music are just too much. Everything is always cheerful and happy, everyone is having a good time. Watching Lucky☆Star is just boat loads of fun.

Thanks to MikeHattsu for the recommendation to watch Haruhi Suzumiya first though, Lucky☆Star is full of countless references to multiple shows, games and real world things. If I hadn't seen Haruhi Suzumiya, I'd be lost. So much Haruhi references and stuff, it's a blast to see it. Lucky☆Star feels like it was a show made for anime fans that watch similar types of anime and because of that, Lucky☆Star is 10/10.

Also, Lucky Channel with Akira is funny, all those skits at the end were so perfect with humor, the voice actress did a phenomenal job changing tones between moe and serious. The singing at the end was good too, just soooo much gooooood in this show!

Will probably re-watch this one next year or something, loved every moment of it.

Edit: Totally forgot this, Mi-mi-mirakuru Mikurunrun, I love this, everytime the reference came up I laughed like I've never laughed in my life before, so perfect.

Though I'm a bit late on this, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! It's probably my favorite slice of life series. I'll be giving it another rewatch whenever Funimation rereleases it, likely on Blu-Ray. It'll be great to see if I catch any more references!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom