• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
No one said that watching Anime was cheap. Its like crack yo.

unfortunately this is very true. Anime IS my drug.

Hanamaru Kindergarten

So this show is probably one of the absolute most kawaii I've ever seen. It's right up there with Potemayo and others that I've seen. The extra chibi characters are such a delight to watch. The story is extra cute and funny; the whole lovey dubey feelings are a lot of fun. Every second, literally every single second, I had an expression on my face. Smiles and laughter were abundant; heck for some reason even tears rolled down my face for no apparent reason, but it was nice.

I love how each episode had a different ending too, with each ending having to do with something that happened in the episode (kind of). I love the ending for episode 2, I like the hard metal sound with the happy and clean vocals (Best metal), and episode 8 had a really idyllic and serene ending. In-fact, all the endings were good, so good, I'll definitely be listening to them again.

Ending 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42jGBZj2-0
Ending 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8kh2k9C58

Though, all the endings are good, give them a listen folks, your spirits will rise to the stratosphere from the cute voices and fun beats.

I believe thanks is in order for Cajun for bringing this one up, so thanks a lot! Loved it 10/10 (Notice a pattern? Everything I've seen is 10/10.... I'm toooo soft!)

Welcome as always.
Ed2 is called Kigurumi Wakusei by Ayahi Takagaki. Its pretty incredible but wait till you hear the full version!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
We aren't as self deprecating as Mangagaf

RzvUPaQ.gif

ゴミ

;_;

I didn't know where to post so I figured I'd post it in here, has anyone in here seen Welcome to the Space Show? I just watched it and I am blown away. The animation was incredible and it was so damn adorable. The humor was fantastic. I had no idea it was 5 years old though.

Instro

I didn't know where to post so I figured I'd post it in here, has anyone in here seen Welcome to the Space Show? I just watched it and I am blown away. The animation was incredible and it was so damn adorable. The humor was fantastic. I had no idea it was 5 years old though.

Iso did work on this iirc.

Thoraxes

Hanamaru Kindergarten

So this show is probably one of the absolute most kawaii I've ever seen. It's right up there with Potemayo and others that I've seen. The extra chibi characters are such a delight to watch. The story is extra cute and funny; the whole lovey dubey feelings are a lot of fun. Every second, literally every single second, I had an expression on my face. Smiles and laughter were abundant; heck for some reason even tears rolled down my face for no apparent reason, but it was nice.

I love how each episode had a different ending too, with each ending having to do with something that happened in the episode (kind of). I love the ending for episode 2, I like the hard metal sound with the happy and clean vocals (Best metal), and episode 8 had a really idyllic and serene ending. In-fact, all the endings were good, so good, I'll definitely be listening to them again.

Ending 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42jGBZj2-0
Ending 8 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8kh2k9C58

Though, all the endings are good, give them a listen folks, your spirits will rise to the stratosphere from the cute voices and fun beats.

I believe thanks is in order for Cajun for bringing this one up, so thanks a lot! Loved it 10/10 (Notice a pattern? Everything I've seen is 10/10.... I'm toooo soft!)

Hanamaru Kindergarten has a god-tier OP 10/10 song. It has really fantastic composition, harmony, and progressions.

Also the show itself is a ton of fun.

Acosta

I really like the 3 episodes we've seen so far. I personally like it when there's ambiguity in my shows but still I'm not so sure where all the expectations of structured plot is coming from. YuriKuma's plot for example was much more scattered early on last season than this but it was still an interesting and worthwhile watch. There are also a lot of great shows that are more episodic and less structured in terms of moving the plot. Maybe because the source material is shonen people expect things to be a bit more linear?

Anyway I'm pretty sad to find out that this is only scheduled for 12 episodes.

I think some of the concerns I've seen raised are valid, but they aren't really bothering me. The style of the show just makes it a lot of fun. The pacing is pretty fast but it just sort of works to that style. I do hope the show has something meaningful to offer, but if all it ends up being is popcorn fun, well I can still appreciate that.

I disagree with a sentiment that the city feels like a bunch of random ass places strung together through editing. Theres a distinctive style and culture throughout that helps string home together. And it is after all a big city, I don't see how they could accomplish it better.

Your not the only one because I'm enjoying BBB a lot. It's pretty much one of my favorite spring shows. Also your right about episode 3 focusing on Klaus's character and his philosophy. Plus the episode provided world building, seeing how we got a glimpse of what the Alter World looks like and how it functions a bit. So this episode was definitely not a waste as it provided meaningful information.

I was critical of episode 3, but you're not alone. I really like the series so far.

Ah, I'm glad to see I'm not alone! I felt a bit weird liking it so much while other people looked so disappointed.

Lain

Blood Blockade Battlefront 3

This episode felt somewhat weird and confusing which, given the subject matter of the anime and what happened in the previous 2 episodes is a kind of achievement, as far as I'm concerned.
Still, i liked it. The girl in the hospital feels suspicious though, especially when taking into consideration what she does during the ED.

Seraph of the End 3

So my fears about Mika based on the OP/ED turned out real and it makes me a bit sad. I'm curious how Yuichiro will react once
the two meet.

Sölf

So what else is good this season except for Seraph?

Show by Rock!
Ninja Slayer: From Animation
Arslan Senki
Shokugeki no Souma

That's it for new shows. Then we still have king of all anime (Gintama°) and the second part of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks. Don't listen to them, Seraph is bad (fun with a few people, but definitly not good). Kekkai Sensen I've only seen 1 episode, that was okay. Kyoukai no Rinne could be quite nice, depends whether it turns into Ranma (what it currently is) or Inu Yasha (and I hope it won't do that).

NeoForte

I'm really enjoying so far

Ninja Slayer
Mikagura School Suite
Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
I don't Understand What My Husband is Saying

I still need to look at a couple others.

Arcadius

Banned
Welcome as always.
Ed2 is called Kigurumi Wakusei by Ayahi Takagaki. Its pretty incredible but wait till you hear the full version!

Thanks so much for this, what an incredible song!!! It's seriously really good. Ayahi Takagaki has a mystifying voice, so cute and nice; serious props to her!

Though I'm a bit late on this, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! It's probably my favorite slice of life series. I'll be giving it another rewatch whenever Funimation rereleases it, likely on Blu-Ray. It'll be great to see if I catch any more references!

Hehe, yeah I really liked Lucky!

Hanamaru Kindergarten has a god-tier OP 10/10 song. It has really fantastic composition, harmony, and progressions.

Also the show itself is a ton of fun.

Absolutely agree, should have written that down in my post. The endings just caught me by surprise, never watched an anime that changes ED's all the time. Whole show is really really fun.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks so much for this, what an incredible song!!! It's seriously really good. Ayahi Takagaki has a mystifying voice, so cute and nice; serious props to her!

Hehe, yeah I really liked Lucky!

Absolutely agree, should have written that down in my post. The endings just caught me by surprise, never watched an anime that changes ED's all the time. Whole show is really really fun.

Theres a lot of fun music in anime too. I will send you some stuff sometime.

Arcadius

Banned
Theres a lot of fun music in anime too. I will send you some stuff sometime.

Hee =), Youtube is really helping with that. So much happy and fun songs are appearing, hard to stop listening to it all. Can't wait to see what you bring to me, this is getting better every day. Anime, now music, life is just getting better with all this love and fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom