• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalzebup

Campione! Ep.1-5
Nice, I got to see a little tongue action, lol. Well, coming from ToraDora it's been a fun ride so far! The battle with
Athena
threw a lot of Greek mythology at ya real quick, but it was intresting stuff. The battles have been pretty cool and the MC isn't a complete wuss bag either. Looks like he about to add the best girl (#2) into the harem, so there is something to see in this
king on king
battle. Good watch so far..

Yup. Godou is another good harem lead beside Akatsuki. Dude actually gets shit done AND actually gets kissyface with his ladies. I definitely like the moment when he flips his shit in a later episode

Midonin

Mikagura School Suite 03

Eruna has the tenacity of the girls of Milky Holmes, except for the fact that she was never on top. It's often said that the first step towards success is failure, and this is the finest example of that I've seen since the first Milky Holmes. Heroes have to fail at something, and a hero can fail at everything and still be endearing. That's why Doronbo became as iconic as they did. People like to root for the underdogs, and there's no one more underdog than Eruna. She's going to game the system and achieve her yuri wonderland/definition of success one of these days.

Also, is it just me or are there a lot of shows this season that don't have next episode previews attached?

cajunator

Banned
Mikagura School Suite 03

Eruna has the tenacity of the girls of Milky Holmes, except for the fact that she was never on top. It's often said that the first step towards success is failure, and this is the finest example of that I've seen since the first Milky Holmes. Heroes have to fail at something, and a hero can fail at everything and still be endearing. That's why Doronbo became as iconic as they did. People like to root for the underdogs, and there's no one more underdog than Eruna. She's going to game the system and achieve her yuri wonderland/definition of success one of these days.

Also, is it just me or are there a lot of shows this season that don't have next episode previews attached?

They all realized that they wont ever top Gourmet Girl Graffitis previews.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 3:

This may just be my show of the season, though that is more a statement on the sad state of affairs of this season then anything else. Mikagura is mostly running through plenty of the shonen battle tournament tropes without doing anything special. I say mostly because they the curious idea of making the main character a genki girl with one of the largest sex drives I have seen in an anime character in decent amount of time. The supporting cast is filling out nicely as well, though some are already wearing out their gimmick like the coz-con. I am also wondering when that purple colored girl is going to be showing up; has to be in the next few episodes given her pomininece in the credits.

Sound! Euphonium 03
I really like how they handled the teacher in this. How he keeps smiling while absolutely crushing the whole band, dude is ice cold.

This episode was pretty fun. I'm still waiting for more (romantic?) development with Kumiko and her childhood friend. Kumiko's interaction with people like her friend and sister are my favorite aspects of this show.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Another week, another thread about how current anime sucks in the OT.
Well this thread is all you need then that shit in OT.
Its so
1b3.gif
here.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well this thread is all you need then that shit in OT.
Its so
1b3.gif
here.
That's the thing though, I feel like ever since this thread was moved to Community there's been a surge in those kind of threads. Not that this thread didn't deserve to be moved to Community. It gets pretty chaotic in here.

Campione! Ep.1-5
Nice, I got to see a little tongue action, lol. Well, coming from ToraDora it's been a fun ride so far! The battle with
Athena
threw a lot of Greek mythology at ya real quick, but it was intresting stuff. The battles have been pretty cool and the MC isn't a complete wuss bag either. Looks like he about to add the best girl (#2) into the harem, so there is something to see in this
king on king
battle. Good watch so far..
I really like campione and the anime made me read the books. too bad the anime doesn't do a great job at pacing since so much is condensed in the original material.
I would love a second season ( there is enough material for more ) but only if this stuff is not rushed
Yup. Godou is another good harem lead beside Akatsuki. Dude actually gets shit done AND actually gets kissyface with his ladies. I definitely like the moment when he flips his shit in a later episode

Yep i like how the girls actually contribue to the battle , even if godou is the giant finisher.
I like goudou , he actually earn his position and in a franchise where you mainly fight deities that is essential

ibyea

Banned
Psychopass 2: 6
Well, I can start watching anime again now that I finished a maddening programming assignment. Anyways, this episode was pretty decent.
There are some parts that aren't very tight in its constructions, like instead of showing things in the videogame in the first person perspective, it showed it as if it were the show's camera, there was no sense in Tsunemori going alone, and I feel like when they cracked into the program, they could have easily put in some error message that the game wasn't working or something. But at least I can't say it wasn't entertaining. It was mostly just crazy violent action and Tsunemori kicking butt. Also Shimotsuki got told to stop whining. That's a plus in my book.

The major revelation of the episode is that Togane wants to blacken Tsunemori's psycho pass. I don't have faith the show will reveal a good reason.

Tuck

Psychopass 2: 6
Well, I can start watching anime again now that I finished a maddening programming assignment.
The major revelation of the episode is that Togane wants to blacken Tsunemori's psycho pass. I don't have faith the show will reveal a good reason.

Good. It doesn't.

Mature

Ninja Slayer will be forgotten before it finishes airing. Once the novelty/troll factor wears off, people will come to realize there's nothing there.
If that were the case, I'd have forgotten Inferno Cop a long time ago, and I assure you, that is not the case. And I don't watch it for any "troll factor".

But yeah, I guess most people will have forgotten.

Cornbread78

I really like campione and the anime made me read the books. too bad the anime doesn't do a great job at pacing since so much is condensed in the original material.
I would love a second season ( there is enough material for more ) but only if this stuff is not rushed

Yep i like how the girls actually contribue to the battle , even if godou is the giant finisher.
I like goudou , he actually earn his position and in a franchise where you mainly fight deities that is essential

The last battle scene I saw with the
wolf guy
in Ep.7 was an awesome scene to include the girls in the battle with the powers/colors resonating. The little sprinkle of humor built into the show like the scene with
Liliana stripping for her king, lol
adds a good dimension to it.

Sound! Euphonium 3

taVNAAb.png

Sensei is such a badass. Telling kids they're complete shit while keeping up that perfect smile.

I guess thats why Kumiko's friend was depressed. She was probably one of the few that really wanted to be serious about this and not fuck around like most of the band is. 2 straight years of that would crush my spirit too. When the Light Music Club members have more motivation than you, you should really consider quitting the band.

One of the things I really like about Kyo Ani are the little interactions they make characters have with one another. For example, that 2 second bit where Kumiko passes by and laughs as Hazuki carries the desk and complains about being tired. Just one of those natural filler things people do in real life. I really appreciate those small details.

Dat "From The New World" at the end though. Damn. Asuka is fantastic but Kousaka is slowly creeping up. This showwwwww!!!!!! The OP is also really good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Arslan Senki 3
There's so many character in this show, i have a hard time remembering it all. There's Arslan version of Char Aznable kicking ass, drunken dude with a buster sword, mustache backstabber, and few other character. The plot keep moving forward, with almost no amount of filler.

Link Man

Banned
Sound! Euphonium 3

taVNAAb.png

Sensei is such a badass. Telling kids they're complete shit while keeping up that perfect smile.

I guess thats why Kumiko's friend was depressed. She was probably one of the few that really wanted to be serious about this and not fuck around like most of the band is. 2 straight years of that would crush my spirit too. When the Light Music Club members have more motivation than you, you should really consider quitting the band.

One of the things I really like about Kyo Ani are the little interactions they make characters have with one another. For example, that 2 second bit where Kumiko passes by and laughs as Hazuki carries the desk and complains about being tired. Just one of those natural filler things people do in real life. I really appreciate those small details.

Dat "From The New World" at the end though. Damn. Asuka is fantastic but Kousaka is slowly creeping up. This showwwwww!!!!!! The OP is also really good.
So glad that everyone wants to post that scene. 83

Sound! Euphonium 3:
Some of those people really have no motivation whatsoever. They need a real wakeup call, and yet when their teacher tells them that they suck, they don't even listen. I'm hoping that the people who care can prevail against all of those lazy asses.

With some more drama cropping up, the show is certainly interesting. It's managing to do a decent job of sketching out most of the characters and having me care about the situations. With a cast this size and only a small number of episodes you can't give everyone too much development, but at least managing to give everyone a little development is important.

ibyea

Banned
Psycho Pass 2: 7
Before going on my rant, oh cool, the intro gradually changes into more statics as the episodes go along. I'm afraid it represents a descent into madness more for the people watching the show than the characters in it. Rant start.

Wellp, the show went full on stupid in this episode. You could see what it had in store right from the first scene. Seriously, the show said something stupid in the first freaking scene,
which reveals that psycho passes could be contained in organs. That is utterly asinine because the first season made it clear the psycho pass was contained within the brain. Seriously, no mention were made that people contained some sort of Jungian collective unconscious!

Afterwards, it was actually a pretty cool scene of Tsunemori doing deductions regarding her case. Then her grandma is introduced in this contrived drone incident that has nothing to do with anything. Being introduced late in the series, I'm sorry Tsunemori's grandma. You are so dead.

Then comes the second point of utter stupidity. The Sybil system refuses to deactivate Shisui's account as an enforcer. Why? Because it needs to be perfect. Except season 1 made it clear it was the outwards appearance of perfection that mattered, and that any bending of rules was allowed behind the scenes in order to maintain that outward appearance! Furthermore, Sybil contradicts itself right then by telling Tsunemori should have shot Kamui right then and there! Which is what is in character for Sybil while the other situation is not in character at all.

Third point of extreme stupidity, and it involves Shimotsuki. At least this is expected of her. So, the reason the team hasn't followed the line of investigation in which Kamui takes the holo of dead people? Because she decided not to report to the team Hinakawa's observations. I have said this before, her personality has been tailored to get in everyone's way so the show can cheaply create conflict and contrive roadblocks. Her incompetence knows no bounds. Her invastigating creepy stalker enforcer barely does anything to redeem her. At least no one in universe likes her.

Finally the fourth point of extreme stupidity and the worst one because it is not related at all to the working of the Psycho Pass universe and stupid people, when it is revealed that Kamui was all these holos at the same time. EXFUCKINGCUSE ME?! Show, c'mon show. You expect me to believe he was doubling as all these people at the same time all this freaking time INCLUDING THE PSYCHOLOGIST THAT WAS TREATING GINOZA?!!! I'M NOT STUPID. There is lack of compatibility with in universe rules, and then there is completely stretching what a person is capable of doing at the same time! Are you telling me he was living all these people's lives? Unless there is some stupid revelation that there are many Kamui clones wandering out there or he is a superposition of many quantum states, THAT IS LITERALLY NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE. C'mon, the least a show can do is to obey the laws of causality! And why oh why would anyone do something that convoluted even if he was the sole survivor of that accident? It's not like he knew those people. I can't wait to hear the answer. \sarcasm

This is the episode the show completely falls apart. From the get go the payoff of the show was hanging on pulling the mystery right. When the solution to that mystery is the stupidest thing in the universe, and it is the set up for the late game, there is nothing the show is standing on anymore. Coupled that with the fact that it doesn't look as good as season 1, the characters aren't being nearly as engaging, Shimotsuki is the worst thing ever, and the exact same story beat from last season is being told incompetently, it is impossible not to notice this show sucks. All that is left is to disengage yourself from the show and look down in mockery.

Sound! Euphonium 3:

I had faith in Yamamura that he'd put out a better episode than Ishihara did, but the layouts for this episode were fantastic. He did a great job keeping the episode lively even in scenes where the characters were still as well as framing certain things to focus on the important aspects. Ikeda did a decent job keeping everyone on model and the Animation Do staff really poured a lot of effort into the animation. Takahashi's love of instruments shown again with all the stills.

(Also we're starting to get to the plot of the story, so that helps move things along.)

PK Gaming

Psycho Pass 2: 7
Before going on my rant, oh cool, the intro gradually changes into more statics as the episodes go along. I'm afraid it represents a descent into madness more for the people watching the show than the characters in it. Rant start.

Wellp, the show went full on stupid in this episode. You could see what it had in store right from the first scene. Seriously, the show said something stupid in the first freaking scene,
which reveals that psycho passes could be contained in organs. That is utterly asinine because the first season made it clear the psycho pass was contained within the brain. Seriously, no mention were made that people contained some sort of Jungian collective unconscious!

Afterwards, it was actually a pretty cool scene of Tsunemori doing deductions regarding her case. Then her grandma is introduced in this contrived drone incident that has nothing to do with anything. Being introduced late in the series, I'm sorry Tsunemori's grandma. You are so dead.

Then comes the second point of utter stupidity. The Sybil system refuses to deactivate Shisui's account as an enforcer. Why? Because it needs to be perfect. Except season 1 made it clear it was the outwards appearance of perfection that mattered, and that any bending of rules was allowed behind the scenes in order to maintain that outward appearance! Furthermore, Sybil contradicts itself right then by telling Tsunemori should have shot Kamui right then and there! Which is what is in character for Sybil while the other situation is not in character at all.

Third point of extreme stupidity, and it involves Shimotsuki. At least this is expected of her. So, the reason the team hasn't followed the line of investigation in which Kamui takes the holo of dead people? Because she decided not to report to the team Hinakawa's observations. I have said this before, her personality has been tailored to get in everyone's way so the show can cheaply create conflict and contrive roadblocks. Her incompetence knows no bounds. Her invastigating creepy stalker enforcer barely does anything to redeem her. At least no one in universe likes her.

Finally the fourth point of extreme stupidity and the worst one because it is not related at all to the working of the Psycho Pass universe and stupid people, when it is revealed that Kamui was all these holos at the same time. EXFUCKINGCUSE ME?! Show, c'mon show. You expect me to believe he was doubling as all these people at the same time all this freaking time INCLUDING THE PSYCHOLOGIST THAT WAS TREATING GINOZA?!!! I'M NOT STUPID. There is lack of compatibility with in universe rules, and then there is completely stretching what a person is capable of doing at the same time! Are you telling me he was living all these people's lives? Unless there is some stupid revelation that there are many Kamui clones wandering out there or he is a superposition of many quantum states, THAT IS LITERALLY NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE. C'mon, the least a show can do is to obey the laws of causality! And why oh why would anyone do something that convoluted even if he was the sole survivor of that accident? It's not like he knew those people. I can't wait to hear the answer. \sarcasm

This is the episode the show completely falls apart. From the get go the payoff of the show was hanging on pulling the mystery right. When the solution to that mystery is the stupidest thing in the universe, and it is the set up for the late game, there is nothing the show is standing on anymore. Coupled that with the fact that it doesn't look as good as season 1, the characters aren't being nearly as engaging, Shimotsuki is the worst thing ever, and the exact same story beat from last season is being told incompetently, it is impossible not to notice this show sucks. All that is left is to disengage yourself from the show and look down in mockery.

Man, you should have seen AnimeGAF when they dropped that holo reveal. The goddamn therapist from S1 was actually Kamui, jesus christ Psycho Pass 2 is so fucking bad.

But it's okay. Now you can enjoy Psycho Pass 2 the way it was meant to be enjoyed; as a comedy.

Midonin

Moon Phase 16-18

Just as things start getting better, the show throws another monkey wrench in the works and activates an eight-month time skip. Elfriede's backstory was pretty tragic, and I like the way Shaft used metaphors, such as having her crush the berries at the end of the story. Other little details like the way the "To Be Continued" shows up in a different way at the end of every episode, or the tea kettles that slam into each other in the forest out of nowhere in episode 18, really show the things about Shaft that I feel they don't do as much anymore, even if the majority of their style is preserved in things like Nisekoi and Monogatari today. Though the last non-sequeled work they did before that was Sasami, which I liked.

I'm sure MoonPhase was also called a somewhat typical romcom in its day - you even have a minor love triangle with Hazuki and Kaoru/Hikaru, but the aesthetics of the show do give it a different meaning than if it had been animated another way. It tells you something about how the people in charge of any given show are interpreting the material.

ibyea

Banned
Man, you should have seen AnimeGAF when they dropped that holo reveal. The goddamn therapist from S1 was actually Kamui, jesus christ Psycho Pass 2 is so fucking bad.

But it's okay. Now you can enjoy Psycho Pass 2 the way it was meant to be enjoyed; as a comedy.

I was lurking at the time, and I do vaguely remember a few people losing it. I wasn't paying attention to it, though, so I missed most of the "fun". ^_^ I wonder if this is peak stupid or there is still more stupid to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom