• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy42

Seraph of the End 1-3

Honestly, I'm kind of liking this show. It does nothing exceptional, and so far the plot seems entirely predictable (thanks OP and promotional material!). The character designs are cool and the backgrounds are pretty nice too, and I can see potential for some excellent fight scenes later on. Ok, I'm on board. Black Bullet pt. 2 lets gooooooo

Shinoa is pretty awesome, so theres that. There's also that loli vampire queen (?) that looks cool too.

I'm liking seraph more than I thought I would but I was admittedly pretty disappointed
when that first vamp girl from ep 2 didn't pull the giant cliche of becoming an ally later on and instead just got straight up murdered cause I really liked her design

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sölf;161240920 said:
Seriously, page 2 and I had to recommend Inferno Cop? Shame on you, AnimeGAF.

I recommended The Laws of Eternity, what more do you want?

It technically fulfils the brief of "bit weird/different/whatever" provided by the OP. More so than most of the suggestions provided which are basically just what people suggest no matter what the OP says.

I could make a thread asking specifically for good comedy anime shows starring a brunette, a blonde assassin and a high school ninja and still get listings of TTGL and JoJo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ore Monogatari 3
Sunakawa, the best bro and wingman of the year
Now that Yamato and Takeo become couple, let the romance sweetness commence!

phaze

I recommended The Laws of Eternity, what more do you want?

It technically fulfils the brief of "bit weird/different/whatever" provided by the OP. More so than most of the suggestions provided which are basically just what people suggest no matter what the OP says.

I could make a thread asking specifically for good comedy anime shows starring a brunette, a blonde assassin and a high school ninja and still get listings of TTGL and JoJo.

Well Jojo kind of fits.

Katanagatari 07
003822ywk9n.png
003829xqkhu.png
0038531vjp3.png

Well shit. They
offed best Nee-san. :(
She went a bit crazy/even more crazy than she already was so maybe that's for the best.

The destination of every episode may be predictable but the way our protagonists get there thankfully isn't. Loving the art more and more with each episode.

Thoraxes

Yo, my KLK V5 just charged from Rightstuf.

Feels good to complete a collection after getting blue-balled with Yamato (whom I still e-mail once a month asking about it).

Allaur

Katanagatari 07

Well shit. They
offed best Nee-san. :(
She went a bit crazy/even more crazy than she already was so maybe that's for the best.

The destination of every episode may be predictable but the way our protagonists get there thankfully isn't. Loving the art more and more with each episode.

I'll be waiting for your empresions on the end of this show.
I think it's very brilliantly done (you begin to admire it much more during rewatching), but some people don't like it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can't do that, you can't expose the rest of GAF to Otaking's shading image! They are not ready. Already one victim has agreed with it, how many more lives do you want to take?

"Illustrations are a fair comparison to animated images", "Television anime risks looking as bad as Disney film animation", "Otaking's example illustrations are sexy!"

No sane person should be made to agree with wacky statements like that!

cajunator

Banned

They fear what they do not understand.

Missing someone.
025.jpg

Not really. Her figure isnt as good and I dont like Houki as much, although shes easily better than China and Britain.

You have great taste in damned near everything AWESOMEBEAR.

Yo, my KLK V5 just charged from Rightstuf.

Feels good to complete a collection after getting blue-balled with Yamato (whom I still e-mail once a month asking about it).

Mine is still pending but usually its 3-4 days after yours ships out so pretty soon.

You can't do that, you can't expose the rest of GAF to Otaking's shading image! They are not ready. Already one victim has agreed with it, how many more lives do you want to take?

"Illustrations are a fair comparison to animated images", "Television anime risks looking as bad as Disney film animation", "Otaking's example illustrations are sexy!"

No sane person should be made to agree with wacky statements like that!

If anything it's for the best that we get as many victims as possible!

Cornbread78

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU ep 8-13:
At least the mod changed towards the end of S1 from everything else that was going on. Hac and Yuk have a silent understanding of one another, however, it will continue to go un recognized because both are socially awkward. The final conversation between those two in ep. 13 was directly about
Hac getting hit by Yuk's family car when saving Yui's dog
it was a silent acknowledgement of the issue between them and confimation that Yuk never lied so they could move on in their relationship, whatever that may be. I think she keeps saying they cannto be "friends" because she really loves him, and you can already tell Yui is going to pull the same card out at some point... Why must these shows always pit two a group of friends against each other for 1 guy? Always so awkward and I just delt with this in
ToraDora
... uugghh. I still haven't figured out why, but, the series is engaging and is going me motivated to watch more and more. Off to season 2

EDIT: I must also add that the internal thoughts exposed and homosexual overtones about that lil' platinum boy (Totsuka) are actually done in good taste and add a great break of humor once in awhile... (beginning of S2: "I want to protect that smile" classic stuff.... Oh wait, now a bath reference with him... lol.

Cornbread78

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU S2 ep 1-3:
Damn, it's tough to watch this tension build up again after a few feel good moments to end the last season…. Yuki is right in this case though, self-deprecation in order to help others can only be done for so long. At some point, you need to be confident enough to find another way to solve problems without having to jump on a grenade and destroy yourself every time. Hac needs to learn this in order to grow up, since hurting himself is affecting the ones closet to him/that love him, because they cannot watch him destroy himself mentally and socially for others constantly. The drama part of this show is starting to come out as you can clearly tell both Yui and Yuki love him, not just as a friend, but romantically, and are highly invested in his successes and failures as he grows. Watching him doing what he is doing is becoming unacceptable for them and true feelings are about to come flying out and become the forefront of the show... man..

Hopefully, Yuki runs for Pres. as her sister foreshadowed as that is where she should be and would be 1 step up on her sister, blazing her own path through life. This is going to be an emotional ride that tests love, friendships and personal responsibility going forward. I really hate the battle for love between friends, but you can already see where this is heading. Yui would be a better GF, but I think I’m rooting for Yuki for reasons...…

Quick, somebody recommend Scho- Oh wait, that's bannable now. Never mind.
In a sense, he is looking for dark and twisted anime, so School Days would be a safe recommendation. Just let him know, he has to stick it out until the very end...
You just cannot recommend School Days when they are asking for something cute and fun or completely unrelated to shat School Days actually represents

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 130

I thought if anyone was going to form a unit, it would be Rin and Madoka. They get along so well - to Aromageddon levels - that it was inevitable. Yet it's Sumire who approaches Rin about forming a group. They are both in the "Cool" category, game-wise, so I can see how they fit together. The lighting for Sumire's performance of the ED this week was really good, and I look forward to her performing it with Rin in the future.

So then who's Madoka going to pair up with?

Also, with Soleil off on tour, Akari has finally made the opening title call wholly her own. She's moving up in the world.

I'm liking seraph more than I thought I would but I was admittedly pretty disappointed
when that first vamp girl from ep 2 didn't pull the giant cliche of becoming an ally later on and instead just got straight up murdered cause I really liked her design

Yeah I thought thats what was gonna happen too.
Like "Ok heres the cliche enemy turned ally" but nope, she got murdered.
I guess its nice that its not THAT cliche.

Midonin

Etotama 03

Er.

I though this was supposed to be the feel-good show of Thursday. I knew that Chu-tan entering the scene and providing the first truly villainous character would change the dynamics, but she made an SD battle, in both environment and brutality, be as harsh as anything with a gritty aesthetic this season.
Uri-tan may be able to be reincarnated, but for now? She's dead, Jim.

Hakuna matata this ain't.

Cornbread78

Etotama 03
Er.I though this was supposed to be the feel-good show of Thursday. I knew that Chu-tan entering the scene and providing the first truly villainous character would change the dynamics, but she made an SD battle, in both environment and brutality, be as harsh as anything with a gritty aesthetic this season.
Uri-tan may be able to be reincarnated, but for now? She's dead, Jim.
Hakuna matata this ain't.

Same thing for me. That came totally out of nowhere. Holy crap, up until now this show has been all peaches and cream, but WTF, damn... I mean, sadness and pain in a cute and funny show, I've been deceived... Cajun, don't look over here until this gets sorted out.....

Squishy3

How many yeaarrts were uttered in the latest episode?

Take a drink everytime someone says yeaarrt. You'd be dead of alcohol poisoning in the first episode.

Etotama - 03

Aw hell no. Don't tell me my
boar chan is kill
. I like the idea because it adds excitement and uncertainty, but
not boar pls
This show is surprising me every episode with how much I enjoy it. I appreciate the effort put into the fights.

H6RfUuU.gif

Soul Eater 6

Well I know who I was rooting for during this fight. The neurotic son of death is better than an egotistical, hot-blooded twit (and Soul but I'm cool with him).

Narag

This is becoming a joke. How can there be this thread:

Anime-GAF, help me out. I haven't watched anime in 10 years. What have I missed?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034239

And then on literally the same day:

Back into anime; what I've watched, what have I missed?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034479

????

Both threads are on exactly the same subject.

One of these weekends I'm going to write some big recommendation post for the lapsed anime fan coming from that era.

Kancolle smoked it in less than 2 years.

kancolle is big , heck currently bigger than touhou BUT touhou is still strong. no idea How kancolle will work on the very long term.
But touhou has proven that his very flexible multiverse can allow for anything to happen. I think touhou will be still strong when kancolle will fade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom