• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja Slayer 2
iiAB7ALH5JQVh.gif

The true goat

Mr.Jeff

This is becoming a joke. How can there be this thread:

Anime-GAF, help me out. I haven't watched anime in 10 years. What have I missed?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034239

And then on literally the same day:

Back into anime; what I've watched, what have I missed?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1034479

????

Both threads are on exactly the same subject.
You're asking this on a forum where people routinely buy expensive hardware first and only then do they stop and make a thread such as "I just bought a Vita. What games should I buy?" rather than for a single instance engage their braincells and actually think because mashing your hands into the keyboard to make a shit thread is much easier.

Also Happy Birthday Zach. Stop being so young.

javac

Be warned it's a really bizarre auteur film and about 97% of it is phallic objects presented in increasingly creative ways.

That sounds straight up my alley! I'm a strong believer in the auteur theory, so to speak. The idea that what something makes you feel being paramount to what it means is something that I've often believed in for a long time, after watching many films and series and not being able to articulate just what captivated me, because just knowing that it did was often enough.

Get a little excited for 4 tailed Naruto vs Jiraiya from the previews last week.

They cut it out and only show both of them waking up in hospital beds.

You know, if it wasn't for the NTR and endless amount of tears produced from the newest chapter, I'd actually be sort of disappointed right now.

Midonin

Anthropomorphizations of zodiac animals (plus a cat) fighting each other crossed with Nyarko/Muromi-style humor. For the most part.

NewFresh

Amazing film. I never did care much for part three, though. Is that hideous PG label a sticker on the case or *gasp* part of actual slip art? With this and a few other UK releases, I might need to look into a region free player.

As for the US, Cinelicious has Belladonna of Sadness slated for around Fall with a 4k restoration that's looking fab:

belladonna_2K_still_010.jpg

belladonna_2K_still_004.jpg

It's so...it's so beautiful!

Punchline 03

The show is still utter nonsense. I heard that the plot is supposed to come in at episode 6 but I don't knowbif I can hold out for it.

[Aria the Origination] - 09

...Alice-chan too OP, nerf pls.
In the middle of Aria the Natural,
I dreamed that Alice was promoted to Single, and was wondering when it happened just to watch the next episode and she was still a Pair...and now she just jumps straight to Prima.
More casual clothes Aika next episode, better watch it now.

Gintama 268

The reaction faces in Gintama are gold. Also best love story ever. 😎 Anyways we have Yamazaki switching from Anpan Anpan Anpan Anpan to Tama Tama Tama Tama. The banter between Kagura and Gintoki was good heck the banter between everyone was great. Also that censored Mona was hilarious.

Woo Hoo best girl coming through. Can't wait to get more Tsukuyo goodness, plus her design seems to have gotten an upgrade.

Cornbread78

Ok, only one episode of Kokoro Connect left to watch after seeing ep.11 on break, the dude messed up big time, let's see how to final 20 mins play out, but it sucks I have to wait an hour to see how the hell they close our all this mess in 1 episode. This is a weird series for sure...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Gotta watch Etotama and Eupheium lol.

Kokoro Connect ep. 1-5
19b16qo66zz1wjpg.jpg

I had to retype this entire thing because of ep. 4-5. I started typing halfway through ep. 4 and heard the most hilarious secret admission and counter admission I've ever heard. Then $hit got real, like, really emotionally charged from amazing to OMG , WTF, WHY? in seconds, I wanted to cry Talk about tearing your heart in two; that guy is an a-hole. How often does this series mess with you liek that? Good relationships thus far, but I hate it that they always have to pit two friends against each other for 1 guy.. He made his choice, whjy force the issue? uuughh

Lori>Inaba

This show had a a lot of good points and pre-orders for the blu-rays were gonna seal the deal on a 2nd season (probably) but because of some crazy thing that happened with a couple of the voice actors, 2ch went rogue plus everyone else on internet. That in itself could become an anime show with how in depth it had. Kinda bummed out we'll never see Inaba in all of her glory again.

Ok, only one episode of Kokoro Connect left to watch after watching ep.11 on break, the dude messed up big time, let's see how to final 20 mins play out, sucks 1 have to wait an hour how the hell they close our all this mess in 1 episode.

You are wrong sir lol, there's 5 more episodes for you to watch. The last one that came out on TV then the 4 extra full length episodes that extend the story more or basically a continuation of episode 12 lol

Ok, only one episode of Kokoro Connect left to watch after seeing ep.11 on break, the dude messed up big time, let's see how to final 20 mins play out, but it sucks I have to wait an hour to see how the hell they close our all this mess in 1 episode. This is a weird series for sure...

Just remember to watch the OVAs once your done.

This show had a a lot of good points and pre-orders for the blu-rays were gonna seal the deal on a 2nd season (probably) but because of some crazy thing that happened with a couple of the voice actors, 2ch went rogue plus everyone else on internet. That in itself could become an anime show with how in depth it had. Kinda bummed out we'll never see Inaba in all of her glory again.

False. The show was never on track to sell more than 1,000 units with stalker points or reservations from other stores. It's a myth to say that the King Records producer scandal did anything to sales.

Cornbread78

You are wrong sir lol, there's 5 more episodes for you to watch. The last one that came out on TV then the 4 extra full length episodes that extend the story more or basically a continuation of episode 12 lol

Seriously? So to get the ending, I have to search around the internet to find the last episodes to the story? There's no point in even watching ep.12 right now until I can find those, wtf. Ugghh.

Just remember to watch the OVAs once your done.

Anywhere postable? Nothing on Crunchyroll. .

I really need to finish Kokoro Connect. I enjoyed the hell out of it while I was watching but then life happened and I totally forgot it existed.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
False. The show was never on track to sell more than 1,000 units with stalker points or reservations from other stores. It's a myth to say that the King Records producer scandal did anything to sales.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't really find anything else besides forums trying to translate whatever the hell happened. Still sad it didn't pass 4,000 units ;_;

Seriously? So to get the ending, I have to search around the internet to find the last episodes to the story? There's no point in even watching ep.12 right now until I can find those, wtf. Ugghh.

GG, CR doesn't have them or any other legitimate website lol. Gotta buy the dvd's homie, which is why anime is serious business.

In a lot of situations, the rights to OVAs (which is what those are) can be held by other companies. That would require Crunchyroll to acquire a new license, which may/may not be worth it pending on price and if the licensor is willing to part with them for a suitable price for the series and/or if they want them streaming at all. Sentai has the home video rights to them, but they either don't have the streaming rights or aren't allow to stream them.

Keep in mind that the Japanese fandom have to do the same thing as us (physical media purchase and/or limited streaming) in these situations.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
And with the revelation, is there a point to watching ep.12?
Was waiting for the reason Inaba is much better than Lori..

If you haven't seen why she is the best girl within these past few episodes, you are a lost cause then.
Different strokes for different boats lol

cajunator

Banned
Thanks for the info, I couldn't really find anything else besides forums trying to translate whatever the hell happened. Still sad it didn't pass 4,000 units ;_;

GG, CR doesn't have them or any other legitimate website lol. Gotta buy the dvd's homie, which is why anime is serious business.

Pretty much the only way to watch a bunch of stuff is to get the blurays so yall need to come visit me!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Pretty much the only way to watch a bunch of stuff is to get the blurays so yall need to come visit me!

I don't know if I'll be able to move around with all the figures you might have lol. Luckily for me all I have in excess is manga so people can actually have a use for them, as a seat.

I thought there was a special moment or event to trigger something.

Its the little things that matter. Inaba is a very honest and caring character throughout the show. She possibly has the most flaws but has no intentions of hiding them, she accepts who she is as a characters and moves forward each day with that weight on her back. It eventually gets to the point where she can begin to open up to other characters. She's a delight bro

Cornbread78

We need to put that disclaimer on these recommendations for series that either don't have an ending unless you read the manga or you are finished unless you buy the disks.. aarrggh, kinda sucksthere's no ending now..

There is one scene where Inaba did something so ridiculously cute I fell in love with her immediately.

Was that the confession
kiss
part? Or the part when she
calls out Lori in the restaurant and says she could do it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom