• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these people watching Hyouka for the first time. Goddamnit you lucky guys get to see it with fresh eyes! Seriously considering re-watching this one of these days, and I don't do that often.

Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic 4
Continuity errors galore. Aya's bangs grow and shrink again from scene to scene.

Scene 1
G8JCXw5.jpg
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5

Droplet

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 6

I actually think this is the episode I stopped at last time around. Because the entire episode is about a cat "coincidentally" getting
his mask on it's head
and running throughout the school with only two students seeing it. It kind of felt like filler actually. But the end of the episode with the Emperor was pretty intimidating. That speech. Pretty harsh words.

Also I ate some pizza while watching this episode. You win Code Geass.

But ridiculous coincidences are the fun of Code Geass!

All these people watching Hyouka for the first time. Goddamnit you lucky guys get to see it with fresh eyes! Seriously considering re-watching this one of these days, and I don't do that often these days.

I remember my first time watching it. What an experience. KyoAni tends to have that effect with their shows. I refuse to watch it again until some enterprising company is willing to bring over the Blu-Ray. NIS? Sekai Project...?

JCG

But ridiculous coincidences are the fun of Code Geass!

Oh, certainly part of it.

Some people just can't handle that kind of episode, depending on their tolerance for wacky hijinks, but I've grown to like how the show openly pokes fun at Lelouch and its whole cast in general. That balances out the melodrama (and makes it border on tragicomedy at times, for that matter).

Jex

The gif above me shows it, EVERYTHING is still except for the mouth. Move the god damn chin or her cheeks for crying out loud. I think Nisekoi just does this TOO MUCH that it becomes apparent while compared to other animes, they use still faces but not to this extent...

Sounds like a waste of money to me!

That's pretty awful. Not Toei awful, but pretty bad nonetheless.

Her hair is actually a part of the episode's plot, so it's not even a minor detail. She gets a haircut, doesn't like it, and multiple jokes are made about it. But then the rest of the episode has her hair transforming between every shot.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Her hair is actually a part of the episode's plot, so it's not even a minor detail. She gets a haircut, doesn't like it, and multiple jokes are made about it. But then the rest of the episode has her hair transforming between every shot.

Oh wow, part of the plot? Damn, that's ultra bad. >>;

ibyea

Banned
Psycho Pass 2: 9
Well, Shimotsuki lost it. Holy cow does she not have any redeeming features at all. This is amazing. She is undergoing anti development as a character. As the show goes along, she is becoming stupider and shallower. And now she is accessory to the murder of Tsunemori's grandma, poor Tsunemori, and all thanks to shitty partner and criminal who obviously should not be partaking in the policing and yet placed there for nebulous reasons that doesn't look beneficial at all to Sybil. Seriously, how does blackening the inspectors and reducing the man power towards security help at all?! Heck, isn't the Sybil system supposed to be a collective and not just composed of Togane's mother? Speaking of Togane, I laughed out loud when they showed a flashback of him murdering a puppy. They took the most cartoonishly cliched bad guy action, kick a puppy, and turned it up to 11. Heck, the violence itself has become so over the top and hammy towards the end that I just couldn't take it seriously.

In a way, the show returns a bit to its root in this episode with the philosophizing. Not that the philosophizing in season 1 was good because that was my least favorite aspect of the show even if I liked season 1, with the only time I thought was neat was when it was presented as an interview with a cyborg. Anyways, they talk about the omnipotent paradox, which relates to how Sybil can be perfect when it can't judge itself. The issue presented here would be valid if season 1 already hadn't tackled this issue. Seriously writers, did you even bother with writing notes for this show at all?! Firstly, all the brains are criminally asymptomatic so it doesn't even matter. Secondly, Sibyl tackled that by pretty much saying they can't be 100% perfect, that they can only try to approach it and what matters the most is the outward perception of perfection. Season 1, writers. Season freaking 1!!! It exists!!!

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 7

It's actually refreshing to have a character that isn't completely infallible. Given how calm under pressure Lelouch can be, he can still crumble. And Cornelia was certainly right, "Zero" certainly has a flair for the theatrical. One that I feel he will take too far one of these days.

edit: Had the wrong quote /sigh

The gif above me shows it, EVERYTHING is still except for the mouth. Move the god damn chin or her cheeks for crying out loud. I think Nisekoi just does this TOO MUCH that it becomes apparent while compared to other animes, they use still faces but not to this extent...

Oh sweet summer child, just wait until you can't unsee and always notice the cheeky mouths.

That's enough Code Geass for the day. Hopefully, after powering through a few episodes today, I'll actually finish it this time around. I'll try to pick it up tomorrow and see if I can get through this entire first season before Friday.

GTO (Drama) continues to kick me in the feels. Love this show. The episodes are like 45 minutes too, so lots of bang for your buck.

Highly recommend to anyone, although start with the anime first if you haven't seen it!

That's enough Code Geass for the day. Hopefully, after powering through a few episodes today, I'll actually finish it this time around. I'll try to pick it up tomorrow and see if I can get through this entire first season before Friday.

Code Geass is one of those shows where once it really gets going, it's very difficult to put down.

It's such a fun ride.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Saekano episode 9 aka yoooo
Guys, this is seriously....not your average harem anime, im so pleasantly surprised.

Valvrave 14-17

What happened to Shoko? Did she just drop out of the story? She was a main character and now she's just gone.

Also, L-Elf is such a better protagonist then Haruto. This is like if Lelouch and Suzaku were flipped as the main character, but Haruto is worse then Suzaku.

PK Gaming

Psycho Pass 2: 9
Well, Shimotsuki lost it. Holy cow does she not have any redeeming features at all. This is amazing. She is undergoing anti development as a character. As the show goes along, she is becoming stupider and shallower. And now she is accessory to the murder of Tsunemori's grandma, poor Tsunemori, and all thanks to shitty partner and criminal who obviously should not be partaking in the policing and yet placed there for nebulous reasons that doesn't look beneficial at all to Sybil. Seriously, how does blackening the inspectors and reducing the man power towards security help at all?! Heck, isn't the Sybil system supposed to be a collective and not just composed of Togane's mother? Speaking of Togane, I laughed out loud when they showed a flashback of him murdering a puppy. They took the most cartoonishly cliched bad guy action, kick a puppy, and turned it up to 11. Heck, the violence itself has become so over the top and hammy towards the end that I just couldn't take it seriously.

In a way, the show returns a bit to its root in this episode with the philosophizing. Not that the philosophizing in season 1 was good because that was my least favorite aspect of the show even if I liked season 1, with the only time I thought was neat was when it was presented as an interview with a cyborg. Anyways, they talk about the omnipotent paradox, which relates to how Sybil can be perfect when it can't judge itself. The issue presented here would be valid if season 1 already hadn't tackled this issue. Seriously writers, did you even bother with writing notes for this show at all?! Firstly, all the brains are criminally asymptomatic so it doesn't even matter. Secondly, Sibyl tackled that by pretty much saying they can't be 100% perfect, that they can only try to approach it and what matters the most is the outward perception of perfection. Season 1, writers. Season freaking 1!!! It exists!!!

05608411355968524079.gif

ibyea

Banned
Psycho Pass 2: 10
I don't get it. If Sybil wants to kill Kamui, it would have been much easier to have Togane do it than to attempt to blacken Tsunemori, who in that respect is indomitable. Furthermore once again this show is completely ignoring season 1, forgetting that Sybil expressed an interest in her survival, that she was ideal in being Sybil's eyes and ears on things they can't handle by themselves. Also, how the heck does Kamui know so much about the Sybil system? It's like the show has forgotten the whole thing is top secret. Even Makishima didn't find out what was in the bowels of the city until he was offered a place as a Sybil brain after capture. As for everything else that doesn't make sense, I have already ranted about it, no sense in repeating it.

Shimotsuki meanwhile is becoming a living embodiment of the show itself, stupid, insane, and falling apart by the seams.

This episode did have some nice moments, all of it involving Tsunemori, when she tried to deal with her own despair from her grandma's death and then took control of the situation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GTO (Drama) continues to kick me in the feels. Love this show. The episodes are like 45 minutes too, so lots of bang for your buck.

Highly recommend to anyone, although start with the anime first if you haven't seen it!
It's too bad the old show isn't licensed as far as I know. Even Slam Dunk is technically available for streaming on Crackle.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They just added it in the last few months.

They also have Golden Boy, both sub and dub.

Speaking of old anime, this is a reminder that AnimeSols is closing in a week. So if you want to watch Black Jack or Creamy Mami, I guess this is your last chance. (You'd think they could somehow work out a deal with Crunchyroll for these shows, but I guess not).

Thankfully Oniisama e is still available on Viki... you just have to put up with their weird crowdfunded subtitling thing. Along with the fact that they have niconico-like streaming commentary on their videos. lol

foxuzamaki

HOLD THE FUCK UP

They're not playing the gurren lagann OP song right now, omg I just fucking geeked out.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 100(!)

Yes indeed, we have reached the halfway point in the entire series and that magical syndication number. So how does Sailor Moon celebrate reaching this vaunted milestone? By giving us the worst episode of the Sailor Moon S. The fundamental problem is they continue to have no idea what to do with Minako so in hr latest gimmick repackaging she now a love lorne ex-volleyball player who basically turns into Meg from Family Guy, and I mean right down to the more cringe-worthy moments. Like her acting downright bizarre because she can't get a date somehow. Another fundamental flaw of this premise is trying to convince me that Minako would ever, ever have a problem getting a date. They are trying to integrate some of her manga backstory here wherein she has given up dating and sports and a bunch of other stuff for the cause but there is no reason for it here. One of the few highlights is Minako having an earnest conversation with Hakura but really this who idea was done better in Season One with Ami and her romantic prospect for that season. Strongest recommendation to avoid.

It's too bad the old show isn't licensed as far as I know. Even Slam Dunk is technically available for streaming on Crackle.

You mean the original Drama series? Yeah, from what I looked up, it seems the original anime voice actor did that too. I'd love to see that as well. Although, as I mentioned the new GTO actor (Akira) does a fantastic job and doesn't miss a beat.
Azusa is pretty hot as well ;o

Edit - Oh you meant the anime xD Well, yes, I still would recommend that to pretty much anyone.

foxuzamaki

Saekano episode 12 [FINALE]
The gif that got me initially interested in this show finally makes its appearance, in the final episode no less, I played that long game, was worth it.

What a enjoyable show, I liked the characters, they were alot more fleshed out than I thought they would be, even if they were archetypes, they were very self aware of this and also having their own thing of having what would be a background character be the main girl for the protagonist, overall it was pretty good, I hoped it sold well in DVDs.

Pretty please be a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom