• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Have to be up early tomorrow, but I thought that I'd at least slip in two episodes, and not much to add to my previous comments other than the fact that I fucking love this show and the cast! Man the voice acting is seriously amazing, as Ryo goes from slick and professional to goofy and pervy at a drop of a hat. Episode 6 was a lot more comedic, but it wouldn't be a City Hunter episode without those heartfelt moments. An episode about a woman who wants to kill herself due to losing her lover and not being able to move on, Ryo is tasked in becoming her bodyguard in order to save her from the man she hired to kill herself as she has second doubts. Great episode all around.
8h7L4bh.jpg

BQJYXu1.jpg

WMLtGQI.jpg

0PUlJ3c.jpg
Episode 7 was a lot more serious, but very similar. Ryo doesn't take on work that comes from anybody other than a beautiful woman, so when a depressing looking man asks for a job, he at first declines. His tune changes however when he comes into contact with the mans young daughter, playing alone in a playground. Her farther has thought to have killed himself after he had to take the blame for a hit and run his boss took part in, and thus has not been able to see his daughter ever since. Ryo will try and stage an assassination of him in the hopes that his boss finally forgets about him and the man can finally return to his family and daughter. An emotional episode that demonstrates the protagonists other side, when his heart flutters.
:Are these kind of updates fine?

I, My, Me - Strawberry Eggs!

Really enjoyed this one. Great story about gender discrimination presented in a thoughtful and fun way. The main character, Hibiki was well done and was interesting to follow him go through random issues that occurred and how he solved them. I can only hope Fuko and Hibiki get together later on, but alas, will never find out.

Would not recommend if panty shots and cleavage of girls are a problem.

10/10.

Oh man I remember this show. Watched this back when I was still new to Anime.

Did you watch the dub by any chance?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Why the fuck are only the mouths moving when they talk in Nisekoi? Shit is starting to get really annoying even the writing ain't half bad. Its like those bad edited videos where someone's mouth is just edited and replaced with somebody else's when they talk and they're face is just a still frame. The fuck animation company... smh

Is this fixed in S2? I'm getting ready to drop Nisekoi cause of this shit, 90's animes didn't even make it this fucking obvious.

Sakura

For some reason I decided to start watching Nisekoi.
The show is alright, but the blonde girl is kind of insufferable and makes it hard to watch. Her being the main heroine makes it even worse. I rather like it aside from her so far so it is too bad.

Midonin

PriPara 42

Sophie hasn't gotten a ton of screentime since the founding of Solami Smile back in the first season. She's been used more for gags than anything else, so an episode like this is a welcome look into her character. Also, amazing casting choice for her dad. Tetsu Inada (Gamagoori in KLK, Doggie Kruger) as Sophie's dad brings the kind of bravado he's known for, and also a ton of old man gags that I'm kinda proud of.

Obviously Sophie was never going to go to Califo- Prifornia, but this is revealing just how Aroma works. She only seems to hatch her plans when the members of the other teams are having a crisis, which I suspect she finds out from Cat after she gets Bear and Rabbit PG-level drunk. Aroma's brand of psychological warfare is never scarring - and like Lala, it didn't really work on Sophie - but it is fascinating for someone like this to exist. It didn't work not because she doesn't speak Chuuni - her performance style is closer to Shingancrimsonz, if anything - but because Aroma's words kinda went in one ear and out the other. Plus she has her secret service, her friends, her older sister, etc. So many people supporting her no matter what choice she took.

Loved the new version of "Flare Sherbert". The new Making Drama for Aromageddon was also fun, seeing Mikan have the upper hand in this one. Like Aroma, she too seems to be roleplaying, and while her character profile stated her role is to "undo Aroma's curses", so far she's been assisting her. I really want to know what these two are like outside of the city-state of idols.

There's also the recent news of new member Fuwari Midorikaze, who looks to be a real actual princess. While that shouldn't sound like a fantastical element, with how anime treats princesses, especially in shows for this demographic, it kinda does.

cajunator

Banned
The show is alright, but the blonde girl is kind of insufferable and makes it hard to watch. Her being the main heroine makes it even worse. I rather like it aside from her so far so it is too bad.

Yes she is horrible and wrong.

yep. i tried too. but violent tsundere to that degree is just annoying. I can't watch that.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Can someone pls justify my hate for Nisekoi's moving mouths. THE FACES DON'T MOVE WHEN THEY TALK! ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

tumblr_n5qh1xKgkv1s5f9ado1_500.gif

Honestly the only reason you should watch Nisekoi is just for Marika and her trollish personality, plus her reaction faces.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The gif above me shows it, EVERYTHING is still except for the mouth. Move the god damn chin or her cheeks for crying out loud. I think Nisekoi just does this TOO MUCH that it becomes apparent while compared to other animes, they use still faces but not to this extent...

Same. I got through 4 episodes before I dropped it because of her. She is the personification of everything I hate about Tsunderes.

The gif above me shows it, EVERYTHING is still except for the mouth. Move the god damn chin or her cheeks for crying out loud. I think Nisekoi just does this TOO MUCH that it becomes apparent while compared to other animes, they use still faces but not to this extent...

Wait until you see anime where there isn't even a mouth!

I think about 90% of show do that

Sakura

Honestly the only reason you should watch Nisekoi is just for Marika and her trollish personality, plus her reaction faces.

I haven't watched far enough for her to show up yet (only like 4 or 5 episodes in) but I've read she speaks in Kyushu/Fukuoka dialect sometimes which is very appealing to me as I love that, but it seems to be pretty rare in media.

Same. I got through 4 episodes before I dropped it because of her. She is the personification of everything I hate about Tsunderes.
Honestly it wouldn't bother me so much if she wasn't so obviously the main heroine. If I felt the other girl(s) actually had a chance I would be more ok with her. But I don't understand why you make a girl like that the main heroine. Surely she isn't the most popular girl.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 08

Consider me surprised at how they made Ranko's episode and character for that matter to be actually interesting. Upon first seeing her I immediately disregarded her as some Chuuni knockoff with very little to bring to the table, but this episode did a splendid job in turning naysayers like myself to somewhat of a supporter. She's nowhere near the top of my tier list mind you, but she's certainly not the worst.

IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 09

What I'm really appreciating out of this installment is the chemistry that the characters have with one another. First glance at this group and I was like "there's no way this unit is going to work out, I don't see any traits to link them with one another. Hell, where in the world is Kirari when she's been at Anzu's side since the start of the series?!" But sure enough they made it work, quite well at that. Shocking to see that Anzu is quite the capable individual when she isn't snoozing or lazying about.

IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 10

Without a double the sleeper hit unit of the season. Before the prior episode came out I was so convinced that Miku was going to be part of the trio consisting of Miria and Rika considering their past collaborations as trouble makers. To see her not part of it was shocking to say the least, the only thing more so was how well this group turned out to be without her inclusion. Kirari being the leader of this unit is fuck awesome because I feared she was going to be one of the characters that rarely got the spotlight, like Yukiho. To see her not only rise as a leader but to show maturity and strength (which again, I feared they would screw her out of it based on earlier episodes) was just something else. Rika's lewd wild child nature provides hilarious moments when interacting with Miria's pure, childlike mind. You know you have something golden when Kirari of all people has to play the straightman in the trio.

IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 11

Opposites attract was this unit's purpose. Both Miku and Riina aren't rated highly in my rankings, but at the very least this episode can provide so very beautiful doujinshi material.

IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 12

Major props for this episode. Never would I had expected that they would turn my plain jane Minami into a leader figure for the entire project. I was waiting for either Uzuki or (pandering to the fans) Ranko to be given the privilege to enter the spotlight become a significant figure in regards to the group. Also, this episode shows why (and the next) shows why Minami x Anastasia are the OTP of Cinderella Girls. Love Laika for life!

IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 13

Oooooh these bastards would
throw my Minami under the bus with that Love Live fever BS just so Ranko could step up to the plate and have her moment to shine!
Poor Minami, her heart was breaking when her love almost got shafted out of her performance.
Glad everything worked out.

Excellent series so far, bring on season 2!

cajunator

Banned

Its reallllllllly common.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 5

Oh yeah, sure. Girls are literally falling out of the sky for Suzaku. While that's going on, Lelouch also has girls showing up at his home. So I guess the two main guys are just getting lucky in this episode. Or are they?

Thoraxes

Oh shit, via WTK:

"Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma listed with 8 JP BD & DVD volumes (24 episodes)."

That means they're gonna cover up to the you-know-what.

Fuck yeah.

Cornbread78

Outbreak Company ep. 1-3
Wow, I HAD to watch 3 episodes tonight! Where has this one been hiding? This is not going to be a big adventure series and probably not much of a love story, however, the depth of the premise they are trying to push forward is pretty cool. Shini is a pretty cool cat, but needs to man up, there is nothing embarrassing about having a sexy maid undress you, dammit! Btw, Myucel is the best maid ever! I can't believe she did that to close out ep.3! If Shini builds a harem, he better learn to manage his ladies because I'm sick of wuss bag mc's, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Outbreak Company ep. 1-3
Wow, I HAD to watch 3 episodes tonight! Where has this one been hiding? This is not going to be a big adventure series and probably not much of a love story, however, the depth of the premise they are trying to push forward is pretty cool. Shini is a pretty cool cat, but needs to man up, there is nothing embarrassing about having a sexy maid undress you, dammit! Btw, Myucel is the best maid ever! I can't believe she did that to close out ep.3! If Shini builds a harem, he better learn to manage his ladies because I'm sick of wuss bag mc's, lol.

Myucel is cuuuuuuuuuuuute

youve chosen a great show.
i think you might like Yuusibu and Fino as well though its less adventurous.

K: Missing Kings

I barely remember anything about the show, but I was actually quite entertained by this movie, especially everything involving Anna and HOMRA. Actually makes me look forward to the second season. I guess I'll try rewatching the first one.

Cornbread78

I haven't watched far enough for her to show up yet (only like 4 or 5 episodes in) but I've read she speaks in Kyushu/Fukuoka dialect sometimes which is very appealing to me as I love that, but it seems to be pretty rare in media.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me so much if she wasn't so obviously the main heroine. If I felt the other girl(s) actually had a chance I would be more ok with her. But I don't understand why you make a girl like that the main heroine. Surely she isn't the most popular girl.

All I gotta say is that I was pretty unimpressed with S1 as a whole and I hated her either a passion and I only cared for Ono, but then S2 happened and now I'm conflicted from the last couple episodes.. dammit.

Are these statements also sarcastic?

Lol, I don't know, it's 1am and I have to go to work in a couple hours. Seriously though, all I know is that the maid is awesome, the princess is a biotch and Shini is a cool guy so far. If a harem happens here as well (I was told no on the last page, lol) he better be a good one, that's all, Campione! spoiled me, what can I say.

Quasar

Myucel is cuuuuuuuuuuuute

youve chosen a great show.
i think you might like Yuusibu and Fino as well though its less adventurous.

I liked it too, though disappointed it had that typical rushed final 3 wrapup. More interesting that I expected with all the cultural imperialism stuff.

JCG

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 5

Oh yeah, sure. Girls are literally falling out of the sky for Suzaku. While that's going on, Lelouch also has girls showing up at his home. So I guess the two main guys are just getting lucky in this episode. Or are they?

With that and many other details, which would take too long to point out, I'd say it's almost like the show itself is telling you this is akin to an over-the-top theatrical performance happening on a stage, rather than any remotely realistic production.

The most unique aspect of Code Geass is that people with completely different opinions about the series will still tell you to watch it. The show would be nowhere near as popular and successful as it was without provoking radically divergent feelings towards it. No matter what someone in particular tells you, the fact is there are multiple ways of enjoying it and no approach is universally guaranteed.

Folks who think it's bad want to see you react, but they'll be disappointed if you legitimately like it more than they did. Folks who think it's good want to see you react, but they'll be disappointed if you legitimately dislike it more than they did.

In other words, it's almost like a variation of the Schrodinger's Cat experiment. If you ask me, the best method is to take the best of both worlds. Enjoy the sheer craziness and ridiculousness, but also keep an eye out for some genuinely interesting stuff, even if it isn't what you necessarily wanted to see happen. Also, eat lots of pizza on the side.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 6

I actually think this is the episode I stopped at last time around. Because the entire episode is about a cat "coincidentally" getting
his mask on it's head
and running throughout the school with only two students seeing it. It kind of felt like filler actually. But the end of the episode with the Emperor was pretty intimidating. That speech. Pretty harsh words.

Also, I ate some pizza while watching this episode. You win Code Geass.

PK Gaming

Hyouka 1-6

Okay, I gotta fess up. You guys were right, Hyouka is the real deal.

1HEtLkO.gif

So Hyouka is ostensibly a show about high school kids solving mysteries but... the show has this strange weight to it. Many of the scenes are tense, despite the fact that the subject material is usually mundane. It's a surprisingly engaging show, with rich visuals and stellar soundtrack that really carries show. The characters are pretty damn enjoyable as well; they don't seem that great from the outside in, but they're really great within the confines of the show and the chemistry between them is stellar.

Even though i'm less a 3rd in, I can already tell that this anime is strong.

PS: Sekitani Jun
was too good for that miserable school

Hyouka 1-6

Okay, I gotta fess up. You guys were right, Hyouka is the real deal.

1HEtLkO.gif

So Hyouka is ostensibly a show about high school kids solving mysteries but... the show has this strange weight to it. Many of the scenes are tense, despite the fact that the subject material is usually mundane. It's a surprisingly engaging show, with rich visuals and stellar soundtrack that really carries show. The characters are pretty damn enjoyable as well; they don't seem that great from the outside in, but they're really great within the confines of the show and the chemistry between them is stellar.

Even though i'm less a 3rd in, I can already tell that this anime is strong.

PS: Sekitani Jun
was too good for that miserable school

Man... Hyouka is so fun. Plus it gave us this treasure of a meme...
tumblr_m8wfp7Cu5s1qdt706.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom