• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTO Live Action Drama Episode 9

CDuGgCOUUAAknq6.jpg:large

LOL. Says it all. GTO is GOAT.

Is the live action drama worth watching?

Absolutely! I was apprehensive at first, especially since it was a new actor as GTO. However, AKIRA who plays him is absolutely fantastic. I watched the anime years ago, and yeah, it's a lot of rehash of those storylines, only difference is these are 45 minute episodes a piece and everything is well casted.

2 seasons, 3 specials and a special Taiwan mini-season before S2 begins, so lots of good content.

Sterok

Mikagura 4

Wait, drama guy and astronaut boy are brothers? Oh, it's just a lookalike. Eruna takes abuse well. What's the secret behind the finger gun? After-School Six, unite! Someone doesn't want to commit cannibalism. Always like these teams. How did Eruna weasel her way into the mansion again? Seisa is oddly close to some of her older classmates despite her cold attitude. Fights still enjoyable. Another strong showing from this show.

Firemind

Euphonium #3

"When I opened 'it', 'it' looked at me."

Aaaaaand dropped. Let's hope the DBZ revival will bury this moeshit. It's a disgrace to slice of life.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Euphonium #3

Aaaaaand dropped. Let's hope the DBZ revival will bury this moeshit. It's a disgrace to slice of life.

How exactly would one strangle the other? It isn't like we are hurting for endless battle shonen in the here and now.

Soi-Fong

Just finished Anohana...

That ending.. Goddamn. You know, it's coming, but the way they did it with the hide and seek game... It just had me crying like crazy...

Sound! Euphonium 4

Kumiko has the best expressions. Seeing the slapstick expressions in an otherwise serious art style makes them even funnier. Especially the hilarious assortment she had during her conversation with Kousaka. Felt like a confession scene with how she just ran away haha.

I loved this little bit with Hazuki when sensei walks in. I hope she and Tubacabra have a nice life together. I also liked that detail where the girl that threatened to throw her mouthpiece at sensei held it as soon as she was done playing.

Cool episode, good to see the band members getting their shit together.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Absolutely! I was apprehensive at first, especially since it was a new actor as GTO. However, AKIRA who plays him is absolutely fantastic. I watched the anime years ago, and yeah, it's a lot of rehash of those storylines, only difference is these are 45 minute episodes a piece and everything is well casted.

2 seasons, 3 specials and a special Taiwan mini-season before S2 begins, so lots of good content.

I will definitely give it a shot then. I know Molester Man has a live action too, should I give that a shot?

And in a week, Digimon!

I'm gonna feel like a kid again lol

Euphonium #3

Come now. DBZ's return isn't going to bury moe anything. And even if it did, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Let's not wish for genres we like to crush genres we don't like, shall we?

Crocodile

Isn't Toriyama getting dementia? When Oda asked him about some characters (like Tao Pai) he didn't even know who he was talking about

They way a lot of manga authors play fast and loose with their own stories, I don't think forgetting about particular characters means they are losing their mental faculties. I bet if you asked Araki why he made half the decisions he made in Part III now he wouldn't be able to remember :p

Oh that's cute.

Someone actually believes the DBZ anime is going to be good.

Iwanttobeleive.jpg

Cornbread78

Ef- A Tale of Memories ep.9-END:
Ok, I take back everything I said in the prior post about the earlier episodes; they did it on purpose. The last 4 episodes of the series were unbelievable. Everything and everyone came together perfectly for the story at the end. The range of emotions I felt earlier were actually correct and as they closed out the story it sweeps you through the range of emotions from despair and saddness to joy and love. They actually depicted a couple of them having sex in a classy a passionate way as well, which was amazing to see. I still can't believe they ended this the way they did but it was simply amazing, bravo.

Ojamajo Doremi 16 will never get an anime. Toei can't ruin what will never happen!

Well, given what I've seen of Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F, I don't think we need to worry too much about that.

I mean yeah those were movies and not a new TV series, but it's still Dragonball. It'll be fine.

I haven't seen much of either but with Toei handling 6-8 series at once something's got to give.

Ojamajo Doremi 16 will never get an anime. Toei can't ruin what will never happen!

I haven't seen much of either but with Toei handling 6-8 series at once something's got to give.

Like HappinessCharge last year. Thankfully, Go! Princess Precure on average looks better than HapCha did. Shitty CG attacks otherwise.

Lain

With High School DxD BorN getting an uncensored simulcast streaming now in Italy, I guess it's time for me to start watching it.

Squishy3

They way a lot of manga authors play fast and loose with their own stories, I don't think forgetting about particular characters means they are losing their mental faculties. I bet if you asked Araki why he made half the decisions he made in Part III now he wouldn't be able to remember :p
Well, there is precedence for this with the interview Shoko Nakagawa did with him when SBR was in print. Can find it on Youtube, but if anyone wants to check it out and is currently watching the anime, don't watch it, as it's filled with spoilers.

Defuser

Did somebody say Euphonium is moeshit? Get out of here, if you want true moeshit go watch K-on, it's the epitome of moeshit.

Sound!!Euphonium! ep4
Man, the percussion gets no love, no dedicated scenetime with them.

I like how most of the characters here except for a few actually behave like actual human beings if they were put in a scenario like this against the teacher and among each other within their own sections.

Defuser

s2 is a legit slice of life about growing up and leaving parts of your life behind! *crosses arms*

And they never got to Budokan because they got fat due to spenting all their band time eating cakes and cookies and doing other useless stuff which doesn't involved playing as a band.

Robotguy

Code Geass 8
Lelouch conducts a rescue operation and turns it into a PR move. The operation seemed pretty reckless to me. So far too many of his plans depend on the enemy not killing him on sight.
Surprised the Japanese liberation guys didn't kill him after he forced the commander to kill himself. Dunno when he got the boat and dunno how he plans on getting away without being killed. Dude is always able to conveniently acquire a vehicle.

Jintor

And they never got to Budokan because they got fat due to spenting all their band time eating cakes and cookies and doing other useless stuff which doesn't involved playing as a band.

okay so it's not a show about being in a band IS THAT SO WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom