• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I had Netflix, the anime choices really sucked (or I owned most of what didnt)
I dont know the current lineup but hopefully its better. I cancelled Netflix anyway.

It's way better now.

They've got Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Hunter X Hunter, Eureka Seven, and other good shows.

Cornbread78

Whenever I come on I always see someone talking about Cross Ange. Should I have watched it? I just never know when people are legitimately enjoying a show or being sarcastic about it :p

As others have said, it's entertaining. The story is crazy, the characters are douche and it just different, however, it's worth the watch!

Cross ange has such hateful characters in it that its fun watching them destroy each other.
However it also has Ange's servant Momoka and Vivian who are both fun cuties and the only characters who arent insufferable bitches.

So Cajun, elf ears aside, Momoka or Myucel? Go..

Battle of the butler cuties.

John Blade

My quick impression for the 2 episodes I just watch today is come down into one word, calm. The pacing feel calming and don't feel rush so the audience can understand what is happening in the show. I kinda liking the pacing a bit and also the main character, Yume Kikuchi. She is someone who have a gentle heart and want to please the people she meet from what I see in the 2 episode. This become a big thing when the person who help her in the beginning of the show start to hate for what she did with her magic. She literally go out of her own way to find this person when in reality she can just forget the incident and just go with her own way in life.

As for the plot from what I saw, I am kinda interested as this is kinda take a small twist of magic power and how is been control in the everyday world. Will stick with this to see where it goes.

Liking it so far right now and the story have enough stuff to keep me hanging a bit.

Somedays Dreamers is a solid series. theres also a second one. It delves into the lighter side of magic use, in a world where its use is heavily regulated and restricted and monitored. the show is quite shoujo and has a very calming color pallette, almost pastels. Very pretty. You should check out the second series as well Sora as it tells a different story but doesnt completely screw up the formula of the first.

I do own the 2nd season from the RightStuff sales last year. I will most likely watch it after I finish watching this show. I do hope it get interesting. Also, I know this is based on the manga and I like the look of it, do you know what the manga artist is doing now after this work. Just want to see his work as I like the look of it.

cajunator

Banned
As others have said, it's entertaining. The story is crazy, the characters are douche and it just different, however, it's worth the watch!

So Cajun, elf ears aside, Momoka or Myucel? Go..

Battle of the butler cuties.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Why do you do this to me :(
I will go with Momoka because she is incredibly loyal to a fault.
Myucel is ridiculously adorable though. This is hard.

My quick impression for the 2 episodes I just watch today is come down into one word, calm. The pacing feel calming and don't feel rush so the audience can understand what is happening in the show. I kinda liking the pacing a bit and also the main character, Yume Kikuchi. She is someone who have a gentle heart and want to please the people she meet from what I see in the 2 episode. This become a big thing when the person who help her in the beginning of the show start to hate for what she did with her magic. She literally go out of her own way to find this person when in reality she can just forget the incident and just go with her own way in life.

As for the plot from what I saw, I am kinda interested as this is kinda take a small twist of magic power and how is been control in the everyday world. Will stick with this to see where it goes.

Liking it so far right now and the story have enough stuff to keep me hanging a bit.

I do own the 2nd season from the RightStuff sales last year. I will most likely watch it after I finish watching this show. I do hope it get interesting. Also, I know this is based on the manga and I like the look of it, do you know what the manga artist is doing now after this work. Just want to see his work as I like the look of it.

Im not sure what the manga ka is working on now.

Squishy3

It's way better now.

They've got Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Hunter X Hunter, Eureka Seven, and other good shows.
The most baffling thing about Netflix anime is still how FMA Brotherhood is still not complete on there. It's been missing the final set of episodes for like 3 years.

150,417 150,417 Kekkai Sensen OP "Hello,world!" by Bump of Chicken (incl. in "Hello,world! / Colony")

I knew Bump of Chicken were popular but damn this Opening song sold a lot. This is probably my first time seeing a anime OP song sell this much. Now I'm curious if there has been any other OP that sold close or more than the former.

cajunator

Banned
150,417 150,417 Kekkai Sensen OP "Hello,world!" by Bump of Chicken (incl. in "Hello,world! / Colony")

I knew Bump of Chicken were popular but damn this Opening song sold a lot. This is probably my first time seeing a anime OP song sell this much. Now I'm curious if there has been any other OP that sold close or more than the former.

Im pretty certain that some OP songs have been massive hits.
I dont have any numbers to prove one way or another though.

PK Gaming

Whenever I come on I always see someone talking about Cross Ange. Should I have watched it? I just never know when people are legitimately enjoying a show or being sarcastic about it :p

Let me put it this way:

I have never seen an anime so bad, yet so enthralling. It managed to hold my interests until the very end, even though it was aggressively terrible. You should definitely check it out, at least.

cajunator

Banned
Let me put it this way:

I have never seen an anime so bad, yet so enthralling. It managed to hold my interests until the very end, even though it was aggressively terrible. You should definitely check it out, at least.

the key with shows like that is that they honestly try to play it straight, and take scenarios seriously enough that the narrative is well animated and produced, but still hilariously off.
Code Geass absolutely mastered this effect and we have been long searching for a new high.

cj_iwakura

Toradora 23

Move the damn boulder, idiot.
(I don't think I agree with the setups the show is organizing, but I guess we'll see.)

Tuck

Cross Ange Creative Producer Indicates Sales Were Strong Enough for More

herman-cain-smile.gif

Kill it with fire.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well nagato X mutsu was only showcased late because they focused on other ships during the earlier episodes. I mean it's not like there aren't A LOT of shiping on various teams during every episode of kancolle.
I mean did you see those not-so-subtle moments with kitakami and Oi ?

Oh for sure man. I definitely appreciated the other pairings they had going, but Nagato x Mutsu was my most anticipated one.

Squishy3

Im pretty sure I finished all of it on Netflix before. I know because I watched the dub.
Nope, Netflix ends at episode 52, and it's been like this for awhile. You'll see it constantly mentioned in the reviews.

Of course, it's soon going to be mute as the expiration is listed for May 13th.

cj_iwakura

Toradora 24

I have a bad feeling on how this will end.

(And maybe I have my yuri goggles on too tight, but I guess Ami and Minorin could work.)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Cajun pls ;_;

Toradora - Finale

Well, that worked out.

Really was expecting an upset after all that eloping happiness. Cute ending.

Still don't really agree with Taiga and Ryuji casually tossing away their crushes like that. I thought they made better friends than lovers, but oh well. They seemed happy. Can't say they aren't a cute pairing.

I thought they would've at least had Ryuji be with Minorin briefly, then it not working out somehow(which I could see).

Toradora did a great job pointing out, as a parable, that the one you love isn't necessarily the one you had fuzzy feelings for. Its the one you feel most comfortable with, plus that makes relationships much easier since you are already comfortable being completely and utterly honest with the other person. This isn't for all cases but Toradora does a great job showing it!

cj_iwakura

Toradora - Finale

Well, that worked out.

Still don't really agree with Taiga and Ryuji casually tossing away their crushes like that. I thought they made better friends than lovers, but oh well. They seemed happy. Can't say they aren't a cute pairing.

I thought they would've at least had Ryuji be with Minorin briefly, then it not working out somehow(which I could see).

Cornbread78

Toradora - Finale

Well, that worked out.

Finally dammit, I've been waiting impatiently..

Did it work out though? Where's the outrage?
why the fuck did she leave? That episode should have ended with her coming back to Ryuuji's house for dinner, but no, she moves away and goes to a different school and leaves him behind? I was enraged when that happened. Did she go away to re-establish her family life so they could get married, like they talked about after deciding not to elope after all? She was hiding, which means she didn't want to be found, right? Which is it a happy ending or a bad ending for the two love birds? Also, Ami is the only one who knew everything that was going to happen the whole time...

cj_iwakura

why the fuck did she leave? That episode should have ended with her coming back to Ryuuji's house for dinner, but no, she moves away and goes to a different school and leaves him behind? I was enraged when that happened. Did she go away to re-establish her family life so they could get married, like they talked about after deciding not to elope after all? She was hiding, which means she didn't want to be found, right? Which is it a happy ending or a bad ending for the two love birds? Also, Ami is the only one who knew everything that was going to happen the whole time...

I thought it was setting up for a sad ending, but she came back, so it's all good.

As best as I can figure, she wanted to clear her head. At least I feel like Ryuji really did care for her, unlike that nonsense in Oreimo. (I'm the only one who thinks that was the MC pretending to love her, far as I can tell.)

I guess that means shipping wars for the rest of the cast. I guess not-Morishige will go find his girl in America and, well, yuri goggles ahoy.

Robotguy

Code Geass 16
Dat keikaku.
Lelouch uses his geass on himself in order to shield his plan from being read by creepy guy. Creepy guy reveals that Kururugi's father did not commit sudoku, but was in fact killed by Kururugi, who thought that doing so would bring peace to Japan.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I think there is a novel on the after story of all of this. Don't quote me on that though, ask the much more informed animegaf.

Code Geass 16
Dat keikaku.
Lelouch uses his geass on himself in order to shield his plan from being read by creepy guy. Creepy guy reveals that Kururugi's father did not commit sudoku, but was in fact killed by Kururugi, who thought that doing so would bring peace to Japan.

You're beginning to scratch the surface of how crazy this show is.

Cornbread78

I thought it was setting up for a sad ending, but she came back, so it's all good.

As best as I can figure, she wanted to clear her head. At least I feel like Ryuji really did care for her, unlike that nonsense in Oreimo. (I'm the only one who thinks that was the MC pretending to love her, far as I can tell.)

I guess that means shipping wars for the rest of the cast. I guess not-Morishige will go find his girl in America and, well, yuri goggles ahoy.

I think there is a novel on the after story of all of this. Don't quote me on that though, ask the much more informed animegaf.

They left it so inconclusive that you really have no idea what that last scene was. Look at my post from last week, I was honestly pissed off at it because up to that dinner scene, it would have been the absolute perfect ending right there.
The kissing scene at the grandparent's house was well done as well.

I was there was an authors introspective out there about what he was trying to do with the ending.

Everyone Squees or ban

Can we rub ears instead? *rubs ears*

I need to rewatch Toradora! but I do remember being really pissed off when Taiga and Ryuji took
Minori's life savings to go elope or something. Like fuck you Taiga you're rich and shit dont take your best friend's money after you took the guy she liked too.
I just hated Taiga.

Robotguy

Code Geass 17
Lelouch is a model. Suzaku is moving on up. Euphy looking pretty empathetic towards the 11s right now.
Lelouch discovers who is piloting the Lancelot and appears to lose his mind. Shirley appears to rediscover that Lelouch killed her father.

Zephyx

Well... You could always check out Kanon 2006 if you liked Clannad :p

I think I gave Kanon a try a few years back but I dropped it for some reason. Maybe I should revisit it.

Hyouka is a pretty good show with wonderful animation.

Can't go wrong with Kanon 2006 if you liked Clannad.

A fantastic show that wrapped up last season is Your Lie in April. Very well scored anime with great animation. It actually almost overtook Clannad as my favorite anime. So this is the bigger recommendation from me after Clannad.

I'll pick up Hyouka :) As for Kanon, see my statement above.

First time I've heard of Your Lie in April and I thought it's gonna be some psychological thriller but it was a music anime after all. I have negative impressions of music anime (I think it was because of La Corda d Oro something) for some reason but maybe I should try once again. Thanks :)

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun seems right up your alley. One of the best romcom anime I've watched.

I'm actually following the manga. I feel like there's no progress in terms of the story but I had a lot of fun reading it due to the comedy. I'll add it to my list. Thanks.

You can always watch or read Ore Monogatari. The anime is currently airing and its pretty good.

I tried to read the manga but I was turned off by the main character's appearance. :p
I think I saw worse in the others I've read but I couldn't bring myself to read it.

Give My Little Monster. It's got a completely different feel to it..

If I'm correct, that is Tonari no kaibutsu-kun right? I actually finished watching it and felt that it was good. Maybe I should try Kimi no Todoke in anime form. :)

Check out Midori no Hibi/Midori Days. Yes Im aware of the instantly obvious hand jokes nd how weird the premise is, but the show is actually good romance comedy. Seiji is much like Ryuji, in that hes thought of as a tough, vicious guy but he has a softer side that is pretty lonely. It actually has a good ending too! Outward appearances dont tell the story in this case. There is a good bit of fanservice with some very shameless girls, but its mainly boob related. Doesnt prevent this from being one of the better Romcoms youll find. Also the dub is great and it has some hilarious outtakes if you can find the DVDs.

I think I've watched this when I was younger. This was about a girl in coma (Midori) that somehow appeared in the MC's (Seiji) hand right? I enjoyed it for what it is. If I remember correctly,
Midori wakes up in the end and they meet and that's it right?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ore Monogatari 4
Takeo jumping out of a burned building like a boss.
I love how he calmly ignore getting his back burned while hugging Yamato. Suna being a bro calmly try to extinguish Takeo fire while everyone around them crying instead of helping.

I don't know if it's the frequent use of bright white against crushed blacks or the nightmare sequence or the way the characters will frequently talk in a whisper mid-sentence

But something seems sinister about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom