• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlimited Blade Works?

I'm gonna wait until its done so I can watch it all together. Watched the first 3 eps of last season, really enjoyed it.

Yeah, you missed the best anime
YEAARRT!

Haha. It looks terrible, but I admit I found parts of it really funny.

Try Yamada and the Seven Witches. It's a gender bender series that has fun and enjoyable character interactions.

I'll give this a shot, thanks!

Robotguy

Code Geass R2 14
Lelouch gives even fewer fucks than usual.
Dunno how this guy maintained his composure to tell Rolo he did a good job. Lelouch continues to pick up allies from all over the place. Might learn a bit about this god killing business next episode.

HeMZiTn.jpg

Quality

Haha. It looks terrible, but I admit I found parts of it really funny.

That's part of the charm though.

Some other shows that you didn't mention but are pretty popular around here:

Plastic Memories: Cool sci-fi concept. I've only seen the first episode (which i enjoyed) but i don't know if the other episodes are good

Nisekoi S2: If you're into that kind of show. I've heard that this is season is better than the first one and the characters look cute.

Noragami Season 2 Teaser

http://youtu.be/BRyWEAC5e2E

Looking real good.

Glad this is getting more, liked the first season a lot.

My current season rankings:

For me -

Best

JoJo Stardust Crusaders

Good

Show by Rock
Ore Monogatari
Shokugeki no Soma
Sound Euphonium

Dropped to make room for more Gintama

Arslan Senki
BBB
Plastic Memories
Punchline
Yamada

Dropped because it sucked

Dungeon show

YEAARRT! tier

Ninja Slayer

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, is reassuring that Masao Maruyama keeps saying "as long as I'm alive, I won't give up", so I assume there is time yet and things aren't as desperate!

Apparently, as explained on a interview made this past year (in Spanish), Satoshi Kon left behind a lot of material and instructions enough for Mr. Maruyama to complete the former's vision of a finished work (and I don't doubt it, seeing how detailed every story-board and such of his were) but, as opposed to Mr. Katabuchi's To All Corners Of The World that commenced pre-production early on in hopes of continuing the keep the ball rolling as they went along during it, Mr. Maruyama made emphasis in the necessity of having first everything necessary for The Dream Machine before starting (in fact, he stressed the necessity of having a very close-knit group of talented individuals thoroughly involved on it, in the same way Mr. Kon would have liked to surround himself of close ones he trusted).

This calm dedication to the project (of his life?) really shows how he precisely founded the whole studio with the primary objective of completing this sole film, so the long wait seems understandable.

Very interesting. Thanks for the response. Seems like there may be hope yet.

Glad this is getting more, liked the first season a lot.

For me -

Best

JoJo Stardust Crusaders

Good

Show by Rock
Ore Monogatari
Shokugeki no Soma
Sound Euphonium

Dropped to make room for more Gintama

Arslan Senki
BBB
Plastic Memories
Punchline
Yamada

Dropped because it sucked

Dungeon show

YEAARRT! tier

Ninja Slayer

Although I like that your watching Gintama, it makes me sad your dropping Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki.😑

Although I like that your watching Gintama, it makes me sad your dropping Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki.😑

I made a promise to myself I would only watch shows I actually like a lot this season, partly because I watch too much trash (like when I watched all of Mahouka) and also I'm pretty busy with class.

Robotguy

Code Geass R2 15
Has there ever been a show where more people lose their memory?
Well, we don't really know anything more about killing god, but we did learn the details of C.C.'s contract.

Nisekoi S2 04

Nisekoi has a distinct lack of Shaft Headtilt™. Thank you mama Chitoge.

These last two episodes of Nisekoi are probably my favorite out of the series. Not surprising when there is actual character development!

Sound! Euphonium! 04

This is Taki Sensei's show. He makes this so enjoyable to watch. His hands off approach and harsh criticisms coupled with that calm and collected demeanor gives him such a unique presence to be feared and respected. He finally starts to push for practice and his methods are as brutal as his critiques.

rrvv

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Final performance surely visual and musical feat.
Anyway, The theme of the anime is how music is related to people feeling. how it bring you to misery and happiness and how you can express those feeling in the music that you play. Is really nice character development story where each character fight their own problem with hardship and friendship

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Anyway, The theme of the anime is how music is related to people feeling. how it bring you to misery and happiness and how you can express those feeling in the music that you play. Is really nice character development story where each character fight their own problem with hardship and friendship

I loved this show. The ending hit me pretty hard. I liked what it was doing and what it did with each character and how they developed over the course of the show. Nothing is quite like it.

No SNAFU???

That's part of the charm though.

Some other shows that you didn't mention but are pretty popular around here:

Plastic Memories: Cool sci-fi concept. I've only seen the first episode (which i enjoyed) but i don't know if the other episodes are good

Nisekoi S2: If you're into that kind of show. I've heard that this is season is better than the first one and the characters look cute.

I'll give Plastic Memories a shot. Is it like Chobits?

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Probably the best damn soundtrack I've heard in a long time too. Show was worth watching for that alone.

Robotguy

Code Geass R2 16
The world politics are getting pretty real.
I feel bad for C.C.
But it looks like she's mortal now, so she should be able to live a normal life eventually. Enjoyed watching best girl Kallen beat up Suzaku in prison. What happened to Ohgi's waifu though?

rrvv

Plastic Memories 04

I still dont understand what Isla actually want to do other than "work hard"
I loved this show. The ending hit me pretty hard. I liked what it was doing and what it did with each character and how they developed over the course of the show. Nothing is quite like it.
The ending didnt hit me hard simply because there is plenty foreshadowing that make me feel prepared

Plastic Memories - 05

Oh damn, more darker stuff like this please. I like the show, but there are many illogical points that keeps gnawing at me. I can't tell if they are just overlooked stepping stones because loloriginalcontent, or if the purpose of them is something related to the plot.
The only thing I can think of is
that the Giftias are intentionally programmed like that so they can be re-used by the company for the money grubbing. Politicians are getting paid to turn a blind eye to the obviously poorly done security standards. Heavy marketing to blind the society. Everything is corrupted. BURN IT ALL DOWN TEAM ISLA
I may have gone a bit too off in the end, but you catch my drift.

phaze

Blood Blockade Battlefront 05

A super yandere enters the fray ...

Still enjoying it much more than anything else this season. I'm not usually one for the episodic stuff and the stories themselves are nothing to write home about but with the amount of wit and pure energy this show is displaying, time flies by fast when watching it.

Though five episodes in, I wish they explained a bit more about those blood abilities, the underworld and the way it is connected to the New York. Can the aliens leave the city at will ? Where did those humans get them blood skills ? The overarching (?) story with the siblings keeps trudging along so there is that at least,

I hate the wacky names and the German and Spanish terminology, feels like watching Bleach.

Robotguy

Code Geass R2 17 + 18
Oh boy.
We witness the triumphant return of Kallen, however, it appears that Nunnally has died during the battle. Additionally, information regarding Lelouch using his geass on Euphemia has leaked to his troops.

NeonZ

Mazinger Z definitely has this problem. It is still enjoyable if you ever want to watch something mindless, and one of the originators of the genre. However going forward I do hope it does add more to the mix seeing that it is 92 episodes

Mazinger Z mixes up a bit after the first 30 or so episodes. It stays an episodic show, but you'll get multi-episode arcs fairly often too starting from that point and the battles also improve quite a bit from those really rough first episodes.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 12

Ummm... So what was going on in the dark with that girl with glasses from the student council. Was she doing what I think she was doing...?

So that was revealed. Shirley is devastated and I am sure Lelouch feels like a douche. This is an interesting dynamic. I wonder where they will take it...

Baalzebup

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 12

Ummm... So what was going on in the dark with that girl with glasses from the student council. Was she doing what I think she was doing...?

So that was revealed. Shirley is devastated and I am sure Lelouch feels like a douche. This is an interesting dynamic. I wonder where they will take it...

Yes, yes she was. There is a reason Table-kun is a meme.

Robotguy

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 12Was she doing what I think she was doing...?
Lol, yep.

Code Geass R2 19
Lelouch is abandoned by his crew and Rolo gives his life to help him escape. That was pretty sad even though I don't like the guy. Meanwhile, Suzaku appears to have lost his mind.

It is no Blade Runner.
Not in tone and quality but the main concept is pretty similar. But then again, almost all Sci-Fi android stories are kinda the same.
I'm sure Plastic Memories was at least inspired by it.

Soma 05

All this Erina hate is totally unjustified. She's easily my favorite
villian
of this season.
I like how cocky everyone is, people are going to be destroyed. I hope Meat girl is the first on the chopping block though, not really into her.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Not in tone and quality but the main concept is pretty similar. But then again, almost all Sci-Fi android stories are kinda the same.
I'm sure Plastic Memories was at least inspired by it.

Possibly in passing but it is actually pretty far removed from inspiration actually, one of the few things I will give the series actually.

Razmos

Highschool DxD Born episode 5: I think Akeno just shot forward to "best girl" status, though she might have been that all along.

This episode pretty much epitomizes what the show is about, you come for the boobs and stay for the feels and plot.

Laputa_94

Mazinger Z mixes up a bit after the first 30 or so episodes. It stays an episodic show, but you'll get multi-episode arcs fairly often too starting from that point and the battles also improve quite a bit from those really rough first episodes.

Cool thanks for the info, That will help keep me in for the long haul.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 14

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Fuck that. What kind of bullshit is this!?

He could've just
talked to her for a few more goddamn minutes but no let's just wipe Shirley's memory of Lelouch because "he must protect his identity" even though he didn't need to be that drastic about it. Hell he's even done stuff before when he would use the Geass and tell people to forget specific events
. This was just overkill. Such bull.

Seraph of the End 5

There was definitely some iffy animation in this episode. Anyways more trolling Shinoa was shown which is good, otherwise a pretty average episode. The background art being great as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom