• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they featuring Iroha together with them,then again she was featured in the key visual too...something tells me she will be involved with Hachiman heavily

Without any spoilers.

Let's just say that after the main trio, she's the most prominent character in the later novels.

Suzaku has learned of the special ability called Spinzaku.

It allows him spin anywhere, anytime. Even in his mech.

Oh I see. You know, I thought I saw a spinning kick when that automatic machine gun was destroyed.

Clannad S1 ep. 18-End
This series was a great time Psycho. There were a lot of emotional moments, but I appreciated the bromance and fun with Sunohara and Tomoya as well. The Nagisa ending should have been better, bit too much focus on Mei and it felt kinda rushed. There was a lot of room for improvement there, but you can tell the focus of this show is on friendship and family, but not love. Question on the final episode though, what was with the
Tomoya and Tomoyo love story right there? just for fun? I felt weird watching it right after that Nagisa episode. She was a fun character, but the twins might have been fun too. Tomoyo should have hooked up with Sunohara for some true double date comedy

Anyone know the difference in tone as this moves to the After Story? Does it get dark an dreary?

Awesome glad you enjoyed it. Now you can watch the amazing second season. I am really glad you got the themes of the show and what it focuses on. Some don't get that. As for the spoiler,
it's just an OVA episode as sort of a "what if" scenario. Both seasons have one. First season had Tomoyo and the second season does one for another girl. Not sure if I should spoil who they do the second one on. But anyways, the OVAs don't have anything to do with the current storyline.

After Story continues the story. It's quite literal in it's title. As for the content, that's for you to find out. Don't take any plot element for granted. It all ties together. ;)

BBB 5

It's a total disservice for this show to be disliked so much here. It's so inoffensive too with no fanservice at all. Yeah, so far it's just a show with random characters doing random stuff but it's fun to watch with plenty of charm and the soundtrack is still keeping up at being the best for the year.
Being inoffensive isn't a reason to like something!

Puruzi

Banned
BBB 5

It's a total disservice for this show to be disliked so much here. It's so inoffensive too with no fanservice at all. Yeah, so far it's just a show with random characters doing random stuff but it's fun to watch with plenty of charm and the soundtrack is still keeping up at being the best for the year.

This is a reason to not like it.

Robotguy

Lelouche is the cart driver

BELIEVE
Nah,
He's dead
... maybe.

Code Geass R2 25
Surprised to see Lelouch use his geass on Nunnally, but it fits the character he was playing. Loved Orange in this episode, the mech inside a mech moment was so good. I'm glad that at least Nunnally seemed to recognize his plan to shoulder the world's hatred. Also glad everything worked out for Ohgi and Villetta. And it even had running to school eating toast and Orange growing oranges with Anya.

Code Geass Series Impressions
This show has everything, the keikakus, the keikakus inside of keikakus, the mechs,
the mechs inside of mechs
,the global politics, the plot twists, suffering, the high school comedy, the pizza, the Kallen, the Table-kun, the Orange, the crazy supernatural stuff.

10/10 would
use a geass on myself to erase my memory and
watch again.

Being inoffensive isn't a reason to like something!

I mean considering some people are against fanservice and stuff that's offensive I'd say that would be a incentive to like it.

This is a reason to not like it.

0eazs.gif

This is a joke right?😑

Joking aside you should really try it even if it lacks fanservice pandering.😏 Its great fun I'm telling you.

Puruzi

Banned
I mean considering some people are against fanservice and stuff that's offensive I'd say that would be a incentive to like it.

Joking aside you should really try it even if it lacks fanservice pandering.😏 Its great fun I'm telling you.
I watched the first 3 eps
The only thing I liked was the fight scene in episode 1. It's pretty boring.

JCG

Code Geass R2 25
Surprised to see Lelouch use his geass on Nunnally, but it fits the character he was playing. Loved Orange in this episode, the mech inside a mech moment was so good. I'm glad that at least Nunnally seemed to recognize his plan to shoulder the world's hatred. Also glad everything worked out for Ohgi and Villetta. And it even had running to school eating toast and Orange growing oranges with Anya.

Code Geass Series Impressions
This show has everything, the keikakus, the keikakus inside of keikakus, the mechs,
the mechs inside of mechs
,the global politics, the plot twists, suffering, the high school comedy, the pizza, the Kallen, the Table-kun, the Orange, the crazy supernatural stuff.

10/10 would
use a geass on myself to erase my memory and
watch again.

Just as planned, then. Perhaps you'll want to rewatch it after some months/years. That is less surprising, but still has its benefits.

You may also consider watching Nunnally in Wonderland next. It's pretty amusing with in-jokes and such (not dubbed though). And the other OVA, which isn't done yet.

Armor Hunter Mellowlink 01-03

This is ridiculously badass. It might even be better then VOTOMS. The dude carries around the firearm version of the Dragonslayer.

I also love that his calling card of sorts is painting his hand with his face no matter what, he'll use mud if he has to.

wonzo

Banned
Mellowlink 1-3

oh my god this is incredible

This is basically a far more focused and refined VOTOMS only with Chirco and the gang replaced with a man with the AT equivalent of a gigantic whale harpoon for scopedogs. Hope the more episodic nature at first builds up to something worthy of this ownage revenge of the week format.

Jex

Yeah Mellowlink is a pretty great OVA series. The actual script is probably the weakest element of the production, with lots of your cliched bad guy lines and other nonsense but I do appreciate how little time it actually spends on the backstory. It's just a show about Mellowlink riding around killing fools.

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story 1-3
Great "Bro" arc, bromance and bro-sis love. Awesome ending with Tomoya still playing off the sister thing with Nagisa's mom, so good, I see the tone is still all about friends and family, I have a feeling that's gonna change though..

Thoraxes

Failure to compute. Praying for? As in, hoping for a Code Geass BD release? Cuz I'm pretty sure that happened, seeing as both seasons of Geass were the very first anime BDs I bought.
In North America.

They've been out in Europe I think. The licenses have been obtained here too, just no release.

MarkusRJR

Are any of those sports anime good for someone who isn't interested in sports? I just watched Chihayafuru after avoiding it due to me behind turned off by the idea of a card game anime, but I absolutely loved it. Now I'm worried I've been missing out on a lot of great shows.

Thoraxes

Are any of those sports anime good for someone who isn't interested in sports? I just watched Chihayafuru after avoiding it due to me behind turned off by the idea of a card game anime, but I absolutely loved it. Now I'm worried I've been missing out on a lot of great shows.

Ping Pong.

I think you can probably enjoy most sports shows without caring too much about the sport itself.

Try Ping Pong, Haikyuu and Yowamushi Pedal. They are pretty popular around here.

Moaradin

Hajime no Ippo
Ping Pong
Haikyuu!!

Clannad After Story 1-3
Great "Bro" arc, bromance and bro-sis love. Awesome ending with Tomoya still playing off the sister thing with Nagisa's mom, so good, I see the tone is still all about friends and family, I have a feeling that's gonna change though..

Probably my second favorite arc in Clannad.

Jex

I'm going to let you in on a little secret here - most sports anime aren't actually like real sports. They're kind of their own distinct genre. Prior knowledge or interest in the sport, for the most part, is not required. If the shows are good, and many of them are, then they'll manage to hook you irrespective of your knowledge/interest of the sport.

ibyea

Banned
I'm going to let you in on a little secret here - most sports anime aren't actually like real sports. They're kind of their own distinct genre. Prior knowledge or interest in the sport, for the most part, is not required. If the shows are good, and many of them are, then they'll manage to hook you irrespective of your knowledge/interest of the sport.

This so much. I knew nothing about go and yet I burned through Hikaru no Go.

I know nothing about Mahjong and liked Akagi quite a lot. I still don't know anything about Mahjong but at least I can say stuff like Ron, Pon and Hachi to make it seem like I do

Narag

Ping Pong
Princess Nine
Legend of Koizumi

Most sports anime/manga are literally just coming of age story with a theme.

The sport is just the hurdles and struggles that build the hook of the story, which are the characters and their growth as they dive deeper and deeper into their passion, which is the 'sport' or whatever it is.

I know nothing about Mahjong and liked Akagi quite a lot. I still don't know anything about Mahjong but at least I can say stuff like Ron, Pon and Hachi to make it seem like I do
if you knew anything about mahjong you'd know the only people who play it are girls who don't wear underwear, as Saki has demonstrated to me several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom