• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Not in tone and quality but the main concept is pretty similar. But then again, almost all Sci-Fi android stories are kinda the same.
I'm sure Plastic Memories was at least inspired by it.

Soma 05

All this Erina hate is totally unjustified. She's easily my favorite
villian
of this season.
I like how cocky everyone is, people are going to be destroyed. I hope Meat girl is the first on the chopping block though, not really into her.

She isn't much of an antagonist though. She isn't much of anything beyond occasionally showing up, taunting Soma, getting flustered and then going home.

Sterok

Re-Kan 5

A Haunted House that's actually scary in-universe. Don't see that too often. Hibiki's father isn't a particularly good fit. Quick way to whiten the hair. The shipping is heavy this time. Nice mom. Nice talk between Narumi and Hibiki's dad. Kenta doesn't know when not to joke. Continues to be perfectly adequate.

Nagato Yuki 5

In which Ryoko and Haruhi continue to steal Yuki's show. Itsuki is just enjoying the ride. Looks like Ryoko hasn't completely abandoned her original's violent nature. Ryoko gets along with Haruhi well. Like she does with everyone else. Yuki is decent at excuses at least. Not sure who's more dense, Kyon or Tsuruya. Ryoko learns not everyone is as smart as her.

Midonin

Go! Princess Precure 14

Momoka turned out to be pretty heartwarming after all, even with her initial hesitance. With all we saw of Haruka's family, I was hoping we'd get to have Stella on screen or meet Minami's family, but it was not meant to be. Maybe in a future episode - though the boarding school setting does make it a little more difficult to get family involved than past series.

Next week: Pafu and Aroma
get human forms!
Retoree isn't the only dog girl this season!

kinger256

Ghost in the Shell

Amazing. Pinnacle of animation.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Like its predecessor but with aged CGI and psycho-pass level dialogue. Gross, but it's still fairly good.

Kekkai Sensen 05

I love how random shit just happens in that city. The yandere was very entertaining lol as the new guy.

Also Leo putting dem moves atta boy. OST is excellent as always.

She isn't much of an antagonist though. She isn't much of anything beyond occasionally showing up, taunting Soma, getting flustered and then going home.

She's basically just a nice pair of tits and ass with a side of lording over people. If you like Erina at this point its simply because of fan service, because as far the source material is concerned she's had about as much character development as a pile of dirt. I'm thinking the real reason people like her is for shipping wars. Because she couldn't be a more generic tsundere (which is what I bet she winds up as) even if she tried.

Puruzi

Banned
GoPri 14

gDggW1J.jpg

SI8mQGA.jpg

This episode was pretty cute, Angry Haru was sugoi

HUMAN PAHFU HAS HEART EYES I'M SCREECHING

Mushi-shi - 04

That was quite dark. So now it's clear that GInko can't just cure everyone's mushi problems and some mushi can be pretty darn devastating.
Can't blame the guy for his suicide, I was almost rather impressed he made it so far. Though it's understandable he'd want to wait to get answers from Ginko.

Jintor

Yama no Susume s2 18

YOU ARE NOT A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE, KID

Yama no Susume s2 19

The scene with Kaeda first 'helping' with homework was fantastic, lol, especially the "NOW LOADING" screen. I cracked up so hard.

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra TV 3

nztLrXrl.png

This part was cool as all it took was a 4 second cut on this to firmly establish the bounty hunter culture that drove the rest of the ep.

Wow, looks like an arc is being set up with Nelson's treasure and his daughters as the impetus. Cobra himself has this undeniable charisma as a character, partially in par to how fidgety he is. He's almost always doing something, anything, rather than standing still. If he is that way though, you know something is about to go down. I think that adds so much to how fun it is just to simply watch Cobra be himself.

Like I said on twitter too, this is such classy space opera action so far it feels bad to think of it just anime what with the unfortunate connotations that entails.

Kekkai Sensen 5

yn2jEwD.jpg

He literally scored with White.😮

Leo is based absolutely fuckin based. He's made more progress with a girl than all the other Protagonists combined this season. Seriously why can't we have more MCs like this that have the balls to ask a girl out. This is amazing, plus the music added so much to the moment and it wasn't forced at all. This guy has my respect.

This is some dark humor right here. I can't help but laugh while being disgusted at the same time. Brody got chopped up into little pieces and then liquified into blood and was then transferred into Hummer. What the fuck? Though what makes it so hilarious is how it was symbolized through Hertz Ketchup, seriously that's some freaky shit. Well based Matsumoto Rie using visuals to have our imaginations flow free.

Aligura may seem like a cute Loli but screw that she makes Yuno look sane. This girl is completely psycho. Anyways the action scenes were great, the comedy was brilliant, and the teamwork from the Libra members showed how competent they are together. I really can't ask for more because it really has thoroughly entertained me and provide me pure fun.

hq9BNY1.jpg

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Devito in anime.😆

Did this show literally reference Twins? This show just keeps on getting better.

Plastic Memories 5

See and here I was trying to take a break from the Code Grass craziness. Holy crap what an episode. So that's what happens to giftias reach their time limit. And that cliffhanger! You can't end it like that!

JCG

I'm not ready for this.

The funny part was that it was placed between two completely unrelated scenes. Like it happened and the show moved on like it was nothing.

Well, the blind girl was not going to comment on it. That's for sure!

Also...how many soap operas have you seen? The whole thing with Shirley runs on that stuff, for better or for worse.

Lautaro

Kekkai Sensen 05

"Avión del Cero Absoluto" = Absolute Zero Airplane

Yeah, good work with that spanish, Japan.

I really enjoy the show though (and the Twins reference)

Well, the blind girl was not going to comment on it. That's for sure!

Also...how many soap operas have you seen? The whole thing with Shirley runs on that stuff, for better or for worse.

Well sure but it was still really seemed to come on as fast as it left.

Also, how so? Not really sure what you mean with the soap opera/Shirley comment.

Thoraxes

Pretty much, though I would invoke the Too Good For Him clause myself.
This is acceptable.
The OP doesn't lie!
I'll always believe!
Would be an awesome curveball if the girl that Hayama likes that starts with the letter "Y" is Yui.
That's what I thought it was before I remembered Yukino's name well... started with a Y too.
Nisekoi S2 04

These last two episodes of Nisekoi are probably my favorite out of the series. Not surprising when there is actual character development!
It was one of the reasons I was excited to see a second season greenlit. I knew this arc would be up first!

Black Lagoon - 03 & 04

Stating the obvious but Revy is nuts. Putting on her jam and jumping boat to boat killing everyone like she's eating it for breakfast.
I'm beginning to take an interest in Balalaika, her methods are rather.. explosive. Dutch is growing rapidly for me, his small hints of being a caring boss brings me a little smile. Oh and of course there's nazis. I'm so fed up with them, I can't wait for WW III.

Aside from that, the show keeps on being a lot of fun to watch.

Rainy

Banned
Snafu Season 2 01
So I had to read the wiki summaries of the first season's episodes because I kinda forgot a lot of what happened but it was easy to remember once I started reading.
Anyway the show is still great. And I like both the OP and ED. Only show I can say that for this season, at least for me.

Sword Art Online Abridged (Something Witty Entertainment) 1-6

Not gonna lie, I find this more entertaining than DBZ abridged at the moment.

JCG

Also, how so? Not really sure what you mean with the soap opera/Shirley comment.

In the sense that it follows soap opera expectations in more than one way.

Like how the characters will overreact because of emotional baggage, often to their own detriment.

I'd say movie since it came first and is something of an amalgam of events from the manga iirc so the TV stuff will be familiar yet not exactly the same thing.. It's also super awesome.

Either way is fine, but I think people should watch both. Cobra as a whole is indeed a lot of fun. The material is full pulp and has its weaknesses, if you want to be seriously critical, but the direction by Osamu Dezaki really brings some welcome class into the picture. The man was truly awesome.

For that matter...the newer Cobra productions are also entertaining, despite the rather telling lack of style (and, I assume, lower budget).

Crocodile

Glad to see someone discovering the joy that is Black Lagoon :)

BBB 5

Concerns about "too many characters" and "where is the narrative going?" aren't misplaced I feel, especially since we are on episode 5 of 12. All that being said, this show just zooms by. I love the OST, I love the art, I love the goofy characters and I love how more and more like NYC the city in the show is/becoming. The little date night with Leo and White was sweet too. The show is just easy to watch and easy to recommend. Toonami when?

Glad to see someone discovering the joy that is Black Lagoon :)

BBB 5

Concerns about "too many characters" and "where is the narrative going?" aren't misplaced I feel, especially since we are on episode 5 of 12. All that being said, this show just zooms by. I love the OST, I love the art, I love the goofy characters and I love how more and more like NYC the city in the show is/becoming. The little date night with Leo and White was sweet too. The show is just easy to watch and easy to recommend. Toonami when?

I feel like when it eventually gets a dub it will make things much easier for people to digest. I mean they would be able to listen to everything rather easily since it would be in English while digesting all the visual presentation that the show provides at a more comfortable level. Plus as its shown Matsumoto Rie uses visuals to present all the information she's trying to convey. I mean during episode 5 we see people in the background using hoes to water the street which later follows Stephen the ice dude to freeze the road to slow down the Monster Truck. That planning really surprised me, props to Matsumoto. This series is definitely good for many rewatches.

UtaPri 3 Episode 5: Code T.V.U (Ren Jinguji, Cecil Aijima, Syo Kurusu)
CEC2qarUkAA1x1Z.jpg
CEC3OKHWEAArORu.jpg

Wow Code T.V.U is definitely up there for best song this season and also in Uta no Prince Sama overall. Didnt think Syo Ren and Cecil would sound so good together but they did. It sounded like in several parts it would be a mix of the two singing at parts and all three at some points which was nice. I wonder if the full cd will have a mix of duets or just individual songs + Code TVU. And so many parts of Code TVU sound wonderful with the catchy instrumental. Sending to you, Yeah Code TVU, Sending Code TVU Cipher of love, and Code TVU Contact of Love. Its such a lovely song for a smartphone. Loved this.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 15

This Mao dude was crazy! Also what's with
saving that chick and her conveniently forgetting her memory. I feel like it'll come back at the worst possible moment knowing this show.

DanMachi 5

FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT
FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT FIREBOLT

Meh episode otherwise. Spill the beans on the Soma familia already.

I haven't seen that but just from looking at the discriptions i can see some similarities.
I've also heard people compare it to Blade Runner and Eve no Jikan.

Ah gotcha. Thats interesting. I'll definitely watch at least the first ep.

I didn't watch the first season.

Oh dude you totally should!

I want to ride on a Chiba train.

Yes please. Dat Iroha :O

Snafu Season 2 01
So I had to read the wiki summaries of the first season's episodes because I kinda forgot a lot of what happened but it was easy to remember once I started reading.
Anyway the show is still great. And I like both the OP and ED. Only show I can say that for this season, at least for me.

OP is sooo good. If you get a chance, do a rewatch of S1. I did the summary reading first but S2 really expects you to have the first season fresh in mind.

That's what I thought it was before I remembered Yukino's name well... started with a Y too.

Haha same. There's also Miura and Haruno as well. I do think it's Haruno that he's talking about. Theres definitely a lot of history between Hayama and Haruno.

Totakeke

BBB 5

It's a total disservice for this show to be disliked so much here. It's so inoffensive too with no fanservice at all. Yeah, so far it's just a show with random characters doing random stuff but it's fun to watch with plenty of charm and the soundtrack is still keeping up at being the best for the year.

Robotguy

Wasn't your last update about episode 22?
Yeah, I didn't do one for 23.

Code Geass R2 24
Keikakus continue,Suzaku continues to have reaction times 5 times faster than any human, and technology continues to improve at unprecedented rates.
Lelouch appears to have beaten Schneizel for now, but was this just part of Schneizel's plan? And what will he do about Nunnally.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 16

I didn't know Suzaku had the ability to run faster than bullets... Is he the Flash?

Also Suzaku killed his father!? What!?

Suzaku has learned of the special ability called Spinzaku.

It allows him spin anywhere, anytime. Even in his mech.

Ranking for Spring Season

Brilliant
Kekkai Sensen
Arslan Senki
Gintama

Good
SNAFU
Plastic Memories
Yamada
DanMachi
Soma

Meh
Seraph
Gunslinger

Guilty Pleasure
High School DxD
Triage

Cornbread78

Clannad S1 ep. 18-End
This series was a great time Psycho. There were a lot of emotional moments, but I appreciated the bromance and fun with Sunohara and Tomoya as well. The Nagisa ending should have been better, bit too much focus on Mei and it felt kinda rushed. There was a lot of room for improvement there, but you can tell the focus of this show is on friendship and family, but not love. Question on the final episode though, what was with the
Tomoya and Tomoyo love story right there? just for fun? I felt weird watching it right after that Nagisa episode. She was a fun character, but the twins might have been fun too. Tomoyo should have hooked up with Sunohara for some true double date comedy

Anyone know the difference in tone as this moves to the After Story? Does it get dark an dreary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom