• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kill La Kill 13

"It's Me Matoi! It was me all along!"

Also, hilarious lack of animation in this ep

Sword Art Online II 06

HE CUT THE BULLET

AT POINT BLANK RANGE

HE CUT THE BULLET AT POINT BLANK RANGE

WE MUST GO BACK IN TIME TO STOP ANIME

MarkusRJR

Ping Pong.

I think you can probably enjoy most sports shows without caring too much about the sport itself.

Try Ping Pong, Haikyuu and Yowamushi Pedal. They are pretty popular around here.

Hajime no Ippo
Ping Pong
Haikyuu!!

Ping Pong
Princess Nine
Legend of Koizumi
Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I have two days off in a few days so I'll probably marathon through a series or two.

Well, only if I can finish Your Lie in April first. Youtube comments spoiled the ending but it's so good I wanna see it play out for myself.

Because girl's asses are a lot more interesting than old men!

c1449sf.png

DiGiKerot

From my understanding Saki is about impossible Mahjong as played by possibly nopan lillies.
Whereas Akagi is not about Akagi, not playing Mahjong, but playing fools into their graves.

Both have a non-mahjong hook as it is but Akagi's is stronger albeit, the pacing in Akagi is really bad and the manga is still going on. Fukumoto pls.

On the other hand, the manga of Saki is published at a rate of about 12 pages every four months, so we'll probably be all long in the grave by the time it's completed.

Theonik

On the other hand, the manga of Saki is published at a rate of about 12 pages every four months, so we'll probably be all long in the grave by the time it's completed.
Not that I have read it, the final game of Akagi going on for more than a decade now is kinda lol though. I doubt we'll see either series conclude in our time.

Sölf

Are any of those sports anime good for someone who isn't interested in sports? I just watched Chihayafuru after avoiding it due to me behind turned off by the idea of a card game anime, but I absolutely loved it. Now I'm worried I've been missing out on a lot of great shows.

...does Saki count? xD

Cowboy Bebop 02

After five months of deliberation I have decided to continue this watching the sub. A weaker episode than the first but still entertaining. The chase scene through the alleys along with the background music that accompanied it was great. The conclusion to the episode was silly in a good way.

Sölf

Cowboy Bebop 02

After five months of deliberation I have decided to continue this watching the sub. A weaker episode than the first but still entertaining. The chase scene through the alleys along with the background music that accompanied it was great. The conclusion to the episode was silly in a good way.

I struggled a bit with the first few episodes myself (I think until Faye finally joined the crew, which was EP 4 or 5 I think). But after that? Dayum, Bebop becomes one of the best shows out there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Arslan Senki Episode 5:

You know, I am beginning to really struggle to understand why Pars has not had its collective ass handed to it before now as they are kind of fucking terrible at this whole waging war thing.

fertygo

Really dug last two episode of Kekkai Sensen, I love the fast paced directing and minimal juxtaposition and infodump.. great stuff.

Seraph of the end - 05

Alright episode , some liberties with the animation and graphics were taken , but honnestly it was alright. I could see that my best troll-chan looked a little uglier than usual , but it's fine , since the next episode will need some animation.

So i'm okay with it.

Fate stay NIght UBW - 17
Toshaka provocation : check
Caster answers : check
Trace On : check
Fate%20Stay%20Night%20-%20Unlimited%20Blade%20Works%20-%2017.jpg

The explosion was just a gaz" leak , right , right ?
"Accept my gift" : check

>Verdict : 10/10
Archer fights are so good in this anime.

"Feed your leftover pride to that dog" : Top lol

Midonin

Show By Rock!! 05

The cat's out of the bag now. Miscommunication will happen in any high-stakes creative environment like this, and Cyan was never the most assertive person. I also liked that Moa was the first one to respond when she mentioned she came from another world. Moa hasn't told anyone about her alien heritage yet, so if there's anyone who'd be able to relate to Cyan's story, it's her. Liked that more bands outside the main five are showing up as well. The ninja band was mentioned, and the water girls got a brief cameo. There's hope for the Sentai band showing up after all. But right now the main issue is Plasmagica reconciling their differences.

Tuck

UBW - 17
Eh. Sort of losing my patience to be honest. I keep waiting for something awesome to happen, and when it finally does it feels super brief and interspaced between a boatload of exposition and or taunting.

Archer vs Lancer was pretty good, Rin vs Caster was kind of lame but picked up at the end. I was surprised though - in the opening sequence we see Caster fighting Lancer. Did that happen yet? I was looking forward to the full fight.

I find it hilarious that teacher guy is basically just this:
x6vLBkf.gif

And also that Archer took him out so easily considering teacher guy smacked saber around last season.

Oh, and those Saber shots at the beginning, for fucks sake.

UBW - 17
Eh. Sort of losing my patience to be honest. I keep waiting for something awesome to happen, and when it finally does it feels super brief and interspaced between a boatload of exposition and or taunting.

Archer vs Lancer was pretty good, Rin vs Caster was kind of lame but picked up at the end. I was surprised though - in the opening sequence we see Caster fighting Lancer. Did that happen yet? I was looking forward to the full fight.

x6vLBkf.gif

And also that Archer took him out so easily considering teacher guy smacked saber around last season.

The opening servants fighting each others are for the opening , it's to show each servant looking good. it's not any indication of what will happen during this season of FSN.

Also , Archer is OP , like very OP.. clearly at the top of the food chain !

BBB 05

The show really returned to form here. This is the type of episode it's strongest at. Also the fact they also focused on Leo and the ghost girl's relationship helps. I wouldn't call their relationship outright romantic, seems more like it's leading to friendship with maybe a possibility of romance. But her being an anime original character probably means it won't go anywhere.

Outside of that though, the new characters introduced were pretty great and now I recognize them in the ED. Leo continues to be just the newbie-type character who we can relate to in this crazy universe but it'd be nice if he started to become more useful outside of
controlling the vision of other with his eyes and see shit others can't
. I mean the god eyes need to be able to do something else if they're as coveted as they are. I would take an X-Men Cyclops-like laser at this point.

The villain herself was pretty fucking great. The VA did a fantastic job at bringing her to life and her obsession with
love
was cute in a psycho way. The upbeat nature of the show worked in its favor this episode, with the ending being more laidback and serious. Hopefully Leo continues to make his mark with characters. He's growing on me, if not only as Shinpachi the character.

phaze

UBW - 17

x6vLBkf.gif

Any notion of cohesive power levels went out of the window when Shirou suddenly could fight that guy on his own. (Or even in the first episode where he fended off Lancer for a bit.)

I really liked that they didn't spoil every single plot development in the OP. Previous one was like that too, had Lancer vs Berserker.

cj_iwakura

Any notion of cohesive power levels went out of the window when Shirou suddenly could fight that guy on his own. (Or even in the first episode where he fended of Lancer for a bit.)

I really liked that they didn't spoil every single plot development in the OP. Previous one was like that too, had Lancer vs Berserker.

Emiya was raised by Kiritsugu, the man who went toe to toe with Kotomine Kirei and won.

Saudades

UBW - 17
x6vLBkf.gif

The guy only fought so well because of Caster's enhancement magic. So when she bought it he turns back to being a normal assassin. But yeah him dying from pieces of rubble was anti climatic as hell.

phaze

Emiya was raised by Kiritsugu, the man who went toe to toe with Kotomine Kirei and won.

He cheated with that scabbard hax though.

And the fight, at least in the anime, was unresolved because
that stupid holy cup interfered

All this notwithstanding, I thought it was established that Kiritsugu didn't teach Shirou nothing outside of that strenghtening magic. At the beginning, he is a non entity when it comes to fighting skills.

Blusby

Kuzuki was being buffed to servant levels of strength by Caster, as soon as Caster died he returned to being a normal human.

Anyways it is to say that I myself am getting tired of this series as well, initially I came in with strong nostalgia and well let's just say things aren't anywhere near as good as I remember from back in the day. In fact I'd say that this series is actually pretty bad.

cj_iwakura

He cheated with that scabbard hax though.

And the fight, at least in the anime, was unresolved because
that stupid holy cup interfered

All this notwithstanding, I thought it was established that Kiritsugu didn't teach Shirou nothing outside of that strenghtening magic. At the beginning, he is a non entity when it comes to fighting skills.

They trained in the dojo, I thought.

Kuzuki was being buffed to servant levels of strength by Caster, as soon as Caster died he returned to being a normal human.

Anyways it is to say that I myself am getting tired of this series as well, initially I came in with strong nostalgia and well let's just say things aren't anywhere near as good as I remember from back in the day. In fact I'd say that this series is actually pretty bad.

I'm pretty much right on the heels of having played the VN, so I guess I have a different outlook. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom