• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Anyways it is to say that I myself am getting tired of this series as well, initially I came in with strong nostalgia and well let's just say things aren't anywhere near as good as I remember from back in the day. In fact I'd say that this series is actually pretty bad.
This is what happens when you watch anime based on bad VNs that you enjoyed when you were younger. Things can get... Complicated.

Saudades

Are you saying Kiritsugu won that fight by bullshit?
But he did.

QGCzMQK.jpg

Mandelbo

Plastic Memories - 05

That... wasn't a very good idea, Isla. I bet Tsukasa's gonna get so much shit for this next episode even though it wasn't anywhere near his fault. The S
oftware Destruction gun has a really long charge before it fires - Isla can't have not noticed it was about to go off, right? Assuming the blast hit her head on, does that mean Marcia's still at large? I guess the R.Security guys would have killed her before she escaped, but would they have been quick enough to stop her from killing Souta?
I'm half expecting that next episode they'll say that
Isla was only been grazed by the blast or something.
Regardless, I wasn't expecting something like that to happen before the halfway point.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 20

Yes a Team Trinity Dragons episode. I never tired of hearing BUddyfight's Tatsuyo cardfight, and then when he says "Liberating the Generation Zone, Generation Stride!". Of course I also expect him to then shout out a "Yo." lol.

Great deck as usual for the Oracle Think Tank deck. Tsuneto has a wonderful deck that is as memorable as Misaki's from the previous Vanguard anime. Love that they made it where its not just femchars that use it. Best cards this episode Divine Sword, Ame-no-Murakumo and Sword Deity of the Thunder Break, Takemikazuchi.

Defuser

BBB is pretty messy in terms of flow and direction despite the production values. Half the time I'm thinking what in the blue hell is going on.

Tuck

^Agreed. Its... different. Just a whole lot of fun really.

BBB is pretty messy in terms of flow and direction despite the production values. Half the time I'm thinking what in the blue hell is going on.

At least it terms of flow and pacing, I'm thinking its intentional (and frankly, I like it).

There are moments when I'm like "wf is going on" but I can usually piece it all together by the end of the episode.

Midonin

Hello! Kin-iro Mosaic 05

Isami's never really been in the spotlight until now. Always liked Yukarin's voice, and her personality in contrast to Shinobu's has always been fun to watch. The Straw Millionaire sketch was also pretty fun. Who knows what Karen had that ring for, but I'm sure her parents can get her another one, they've looked fairly wealthy every time we've seen them. Lots of cute character moments, too. And Honoka finally gets a few speaking lines!

javac

City Hunter: Episode 13 to 16
So my journey into City Hunter continues, with episodes 13 all the way to 21, but I’ll just write about the first 4 for now!

Episode 13 deals with a 15 year old pop idol that is being targeted by an unhinged fan. Ryo comes in to be her bodyguard, only to be mistaken as her lover by her fans that turn their attention to beating the crap out of him. What makes matters worse; she ends up actually falling in love with him! Unfortunately Ryo has to play along in order to make the man after her jealous to lure him out and take him out. It’s another funny episode, with Ryo digging himself deeper and deeper with every move being misunderstood by the girl he’s protecting.

In Episode 14, Saeko lures Ryo into doing another job for her, yet again promising something special for him if he does so. Apparently a bunch of girls are being kidnapped and she wants Ryo to get to the bottom of it. Due to staying at Saeko’s house overnight, Kaori wants him dead but needs proof before she can beat his ass. With a funny twist at the end, this is another very enjoyable episode.

Episode 15 is a very cute one and demonstrates the other side to City Hunter. A man saves a girl from kidnapers as a kid and ever since that day she has stayed away from men, waiting to only meet that man again. The man in question happens to look a lot like Ryo! So of course he’s hired in order to protect her once again, playing the role of her teacher, she becomes flustered and nervous as she wonders if he really was the man who saved her all those years ago as Ryo plays the role of her charming but unknowing teacher. Episode 15 is a very cute episode, one which shows just how strong and diverse the cast is.

Ryo has to look after a very cute, but innocent friend of Kaori’s in Episode 16. An air-hostess named Chiemi who is way too nice to all of her guests, she becomes the center of attention of a syndicate after her bag becomes home to a bunch of valuable and dangerous items they want back. It’s Ryo’s job to help protect her whilst also trying to get on a date with the very pretty girl who ends up having more baggage then he bargained for.

Overall four very good episodes that had me clamoring for more. City Hunter has been a joy to watch this far, making me genuinely laugh and care for its cast from the first moment I laid my eyes on them to the very end.

It seems that way but Matsumoto Rie is doing a splendid job. Most of the information is not spoonfed but rather shown through the visuals that are presented to us. In fact episode 5 really cemented on why Matsumoto Rie is a competent director. She used the movie Twins with Schwartnegger and Devito to add a layer to Leo's and White's character. If it were any other director they would of either made it seem forced or added unnecessary drama. Plus it seems the script writer is doing a good job as well. As its shown Kekkai Sensen knows what it wants to be and that's a world where anything can happen in Hellasalem Lot.

Though I can see why some may not be too comfortable with it since the storytelling is nonlinear.

^Agreed. Its... different. Just a whole lot of fun really.

At least it terms of flow and pacing, I'm thinking its intentional (and frankly, I like it).

There are moments when I'm like "wf is going on" but I can usually piece it all together by the end of the episode.

Yet you complained about that stuff in Kyousougiga, which, as far as I'm concerned, is crystal clear in comparison.

#neverforget

Midonin

Eden of Grisaia 03

So Yuuji did still have some humanity left in him, but war drained whatever was left. War sucks. An understatement if I've ever written one. The season's nearly halfway over, and we're still in the backstory. It is good to know more about where Yuuji came from, but the gir- Part IV? (Which is technically Part VI given the hour-long special.) Wow.

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra TV 4

sJrSAD2l.png
kN3YDktl.jpg
eVY5LcWl.jpg

Since it's covering the same subject, a lot of the visuals are similar to the movie throughout this ep.
uwufuCal.jpg

iUpOd8sl.png

The movie wins the penitentiary's introducton handily though.

Another great one and even though it's superficially covering the same ground as the movie, it still feels entirely fresh going forward given the difference in motivations and stakes all around.

Exalted

Arslan Senki 5

Meh.I gave it a good try, but this is no Kingdom or Utawarerumono. All the charachters so far seem so bland, the visuals are really strange, and the battles are really disapointing (my bigest negative).
Droped for now.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - 04

Still quite fun. I haven't gotten tired of the gender switching situations that arise, they still amuse me. New kissu power to shake things up?
hnnnng, why she gotta be a bitch tho.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - 04

Still quite fun. I haven't gotten tired of the gender switching situations that arise, they still amuse me. New kissu power to shake things up?

hnnnng, why she gotta be a bitch tho.

Just wait till Odagiri's dere kicks in, she becomes the best thing the series can offer. She becomes a truly genuine person and ends up being the best girl, I'm seriously not joking. Here's a scene in the manga that proves my point. Not really a spoiler but just shows her dere. Such hnnng. http://i.imgur.com/4y6Tl8y.jpg

Though I don't know if it will reach that point unless it has a second season.

Tuck

Yet you complained about that stuff in Kyousougiga, which, as far as I'm concerned, is crystal clear in comparison.

#neverforget

Lol I love the fact that so many people have remembered my distaste for that show.

But there is a difference. Eventually in BBB everything is explained so you know what happens. Sure, theres randomness but theres no sense of "This makes no sense whatsoever."

Its the worst genre by far and has the most miserable excuse of MCs as well. There's only one exception to the rule and thats Golden Boy.

I just want a "nice" harem anime. A harem anime told in a Non-Non-Biyori styled slice-of-life format, where almost anybody can enjoy it.

No melodrama, no overly tragic backstories, no harem hijinks, none of that. Just a fun, inoffensive show that just happens to involve one guy and four or so girls as the main characters.

GJ-bu came close to meeting that criteria, but it lacked the energy and fun to really sell me on it.

Theonik

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 18
Suzaku really is a fool. Only a fool would
willingly die because people (who aren't even above him) are ordering him to sacrifice himself.
Much more people that think he's subhuman because
lol Zero is wrong for trying to bring down these fools. THIS ISN'T JUSTICE!!!!

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi 01-12

I... don't think there's anything about this that I don't like.
I love how carefree and fun everything is, the soundtrack is superb, I don't dislike any of the characters yet, the art style is wonderful and colourful, and aside from a few questionable bits of animation in episode 12 everything has been fairly consistent in terms of quality so far.
There haven't been any episodes I've disliked, either. The fact that Doremi can make a robot that cleans clothes automatically but fails the level 9 test because she wasn't aware of the type of coffee the examiners wanted her to make is so lovably cruel, and truly befitting of the title "world's unluckiest pretty girl." I'm still confused as to why Doremi's mum didn't tail Pop to her Grandma's house rather than getting Doremi to do it, but whatever, it was fun anyway and that's what matters here.
It's just such a fun and relaxing show to watch - there aren't really any stakes (yet) nor are there any antagonists (yet). They just sell junk in their magic shop, fix their customer's problems with witchy powers and have a good time! It's wonderful and I'm definitely gonna try and make it to the end.

And yes, the reaction faces are the best.

Cornbread78

I just want a "nice" harem anime. A harem anime told in a Non-Non-Biyori styled slice-of-life format, where almost anybody can enjoy it.

No melodrama, no overly tragic backstories, no harem hijinks, none of that. Just a fun, inoffensive show that just happens to involve one guy and four or so girls as the main characters.

GJ-bu came close to meeting that criteria, but it lacked the energy and fun to really sell me on it.

Edit: bad idea, skipped first statement, lol.

Link Man

Banned

D-frag comes close, a little romance but it's not important and is a tool for the comedy.

Jex

Ojamajo Doremi 01-12

I... don't think there's anything about this that I don't like.
I love how carefree and fun everything is, the soundtrack is superb, I don't dislike any of the characters yet, the art style is wonderful and colourful, and aside from a few questionable bits of animation in episode 12 everything has been fairly consistent in terms of quality so far.
There haven't been any episodes I've disliked, either. The fact that Doremi can make a robot that cleans clothes automatically but fails the level 9 test because she wasn't aware of the type of coffee the examiners wanted her to make is so lovably cruel, and truly befitting of the title "world's unluckiest pretty girl." I'm still confused as to why Doremi's mum didn't tail Pop to her Grandma's house rather than getting Doremi to do it, but whatever, it was fun anyway and that's what matters here.
It's just such a fun and relaxing show to watch - there aren't really any stakes (yet) nor are there any antagonists (yet). They just sell junk in their magic shop, fix their customer's problems with witchy powers and have a good time! It's wonderful and I'm definitely gonna try and make it to the end.

And yes, the reaction faces are the best.

You've started upon an important path. Only good things await!

Allaur

Go for School Rumble. While it's not "one guy and girls" (there are a lot of characters) and there are some rare harem hijinks, it's all about events which happen with MC's. It's fun and energetic as it's opening.

Seitokai Yakuindomo.

D-frag comes close, a little romance but it's not important and is a tool for the comedy.

Go for School Rumble. While it's not "one guy and girls" (there are a lot of characters) and there are some rare harem hijinks, it's all about events which happen with MC's. It's fun and energetic as it's opening.

Seitokai Yakuindomo.

Those aren't....quite what I'm looking for. Those seem to mainly be comedies. I like good comedies, but that's not quite what I was referring to.

What I'm looking for is a show that's able to be a harem, yet manages to balance calming, slice-of-life episodic storytelling with fun, energetic, charming, and inoffensive humour. The humour isn't a big priority, it's mostly just a thing on the side.

DEATH™

Yamada Kun and the Seven Witches 4

Sorry guys but I read the manga and this goes waay too fast. Understandable though...

At least we saw the other best girl in the series. Yes you heard that right...
I'm torn between Team Odagiri and Team Shiraishi...

DEATH™;162573688 said:
Yamada Kun and the Seven Witches 4

Sorry guys but I read the manga and this goes waay too fast. Understandable though...

At least we saw the other best girl in the series. Yes you heard that right...
I'm torn between Team Odagiri and Team Shiraishi...

Best girl is obviously Odagiri, you just can't get enough of that dere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom