• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Plastic Memories - Episode 5

What in the hell just happened?!
Please tell me Isla didn't get shot... It would make for a great story if this is execu... Fuck I feel horrible saying great. It would make the story much more interesting and less generic if they went that route but of course they're not (I would love to be proven wrong). Probably Isla got hit by the edge of the bullet and didn't fully affect her. At the end of the episode, it should three names, Zack, his partner (that orange haired girl) and Isla, with Isla's name with no pin next to it while the other two have it ;_;

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V 54

This show is seriously too good.

I've been looking forward to this for months. I loved the first half of 5Ds, and this completely nailed that atmosphere. The class divide of the first half, the aesthetics, the sound effects, the returning characters and other counterparts, everything.

EVERYTHING.
Is it out subbed yet, or did you just watch the raw?

What in the hell just happened?!
Please tell me Isla didn't get shot... It would make for a great story if this is execu... Fuck I feel horrible saying great. It would make the story much more interesting and less generic if they went that route but of course they're not (I would love to be proven wrong). Probably Isla got hit by the edge of the bullet and didn't fully affect her. At the end of the episode, it should three names, Zack, his partner (that orange haired girl) and Isla, with Isla's name with no pin next to it while the other two have it ;_;
I feel like
the director did it on purpose for us all to think that she got shot, when really she is only getting her leg repaired since it seemed to have been damaged badly. They will show a flashback on the next episode of how he didn't shoot any of the two, and the situation got resolved peacefully, and Isla then goes into repairs.
Idk, just my 2 cents :p

cajunator

Banned
I haven't watched this show but I know the feeling. Not expecting it just makes the feels hit harder. *chibi Miku hug*

duuuuude. Watch Show By Rock!

Lol, my bad. Love the show, I just hate waiting a week between episodes.

We need a good debate in here tonight to get me through the next 4 boring hours of work. Any topic ideas to get people fired up? Should we go through and ask which is worse between SAO and Cross Ange? What about the best male character this season and why, then the best female character this season and why.. Some thing, anything, lol. I can only harass the chick in the next department to watch SAO so many times. And yes, she needs it in her life, lol.

Cross Ange is more entertaining than SAO. Plus it has Vivian.
SAO 2 has Sinon so thats ok. Your coworker will hate you if you make her watch the second half of SAO. Tell her to watch to episode 14 then stop immediately.

I would watch Acchi Kocchi, but there's one thing about its story description that just bugs the hell out of me.

It's the fact that the main couple is "more than friends but less than lovers." If the show is all cute and saccharine, why can't they just be straight-up lovers?

No seriously, how many non-yaoi/yuri young anime couples are out there that are super happy and open about their love?

Why does one side always have to be tsundere or something? It's just so frustrating that there seems to be so few of these!

The music in that scene is one of my favourite tracks from the show. Just the perfect tune to hear while
Lelouch and Suzaku kick ass together.

Tsumiki is just really shy. She is quite infatuated with Io.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What was this again?

Denpa Kyoushi. Don't subject yourself to the garbage that this show is. The voice quality is sub-par, the animations are horrendous, and the development of the original source material is butchered beyond comparison. Don't do yourself the disservice on watching this, read the manga, which actually great. It oozes a bit of GTO if you're into that.

I feel like
the director did it on purpose for us all to think that she got shot, when really she is only getting her leg repaired since it seemed to have been damaged badly. They will show a flashback on the next episode of how he didn't shoot any of the two, and the situation got resolved peacefully, and Isla then goes into repairs.

I hate that trope lol, the directors in Japan play it wayyyy too safe. I wanna feel like I'm watching Hunter X Hunter and always know, the worst is always going to be happen, However, the execution of how the characters recover from it and how the story moves forward is what makes it great. Sadly I won't find great anime that easily ;_;

Cornbread78

I feel like

My thoughts exactly! That's the only reason she was
not in the office like the others
It would be an insane twist if they
Killed off their main character so soon in the season, until that fateful time comes... damn, I'm already getting pissed that she is gonna have to go eventually.
Also, this is the first time really spoke openly about emotions when referring to memories not always being great to build up before the end. I think that was het own opinion and feelings coming out, even though she was masking them as reference to Marcia.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange is more entertaining than SAO. Plus it has Vivian.
SAO 2 has Sinon so thats ok. Your coworker will hate you if you make her watch the second half of SAO. Tell her to watch to episode 14 then stop immediately.

Yes, Vivian us great, she's just like her mama, lol.
I did, but I think she's young enough and could handle it. Onee-chan/psycho.

I hate that trope lol, the directors in Japan play it wayyyy too safe. I wanna feel like I'm watching Hunter X Hunter and always know, the worst is always going to be happen, However, the execution of how the characters recover from it and how the story moves forward is what makes it great. Sadly I won't find great anime that easily ;_;

My thoughts exactly! That's the only reason she was
not in the office like the others
It would be an insane twist if they
Killed off their main character so soon in the season, until that fateful time comes... damn, I'm already getting pissed that she is gonna have to go eventually.
Also, this is the first time really spoke openly about emotions when referring to memories not always being great to build up before the end. I think that was het own opinion and feelings coming out, even though she was masking them as reference to Marcia.
I knew I wasn't alone lol. I mean the show IS doing some new stuff, but it has some tropes already being thrown in
of course the android girl went haywire early. Of course the brother would find the exact time and place where she is, which took the professional team a whole day to find. OF COURSE the MC and Isla, which BTW is limping, would be the only ones finding the rampant android with the kid.
Stuff like this makes me think that they will play the old card that I mentioned on my last post and keep it all very safe.

Himemiya

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 9&10

The series staff made it blatant what literature they were referencing in ep 9, with the enemy android gaining some sort of free will and pursuing the goddess, but I have no clue why they thought they could pull it off in a bittersweet way, or for there to be any impact. This one didn't work. The next episode also dealt with an enemy on board, but Melda seems interesting and introduced higher stakes, and I enjoyed this episode the most of any so far.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 21
latest

The whole C2 pizza situation was hilarious.

And oh shit! That just happened. Poor
Euphie. Her heart's in the right place but she just killed herself. Goddammit Lelouch.

Hikami

got some psycho-pass vibes from this episode

Didn't understand what the
names at the end meant but after reading through some posts here.. damn, hope Isla didn't get shot.
The broken leg thing names mentioned would make sense though.

Tsumiki is just really shy. She is quite infatuated with Io.

I'm sure she is. I'd just rather they throw out the shyness and just make them all lovey dovey with each other from the start.

Euphie. Her heart's in the right place but she just killed herself. Goddammit Lelouch.

*grabs popcorn*

Cornbread78

got some psycho-pass vibes from this episode
Didn't understand what the
names at the end meant but after reading through some posts here.. damn, hope Isla didn't get shot.
The broken leg thing names mentioned would make sense though.

The fact that her name is still on the board at all should be a dead giveaway for us that she is still alive, but yeah probably just the injured leg... hopefully
you never know, this is an original production, so maybe they want to go all Madoka on us, lol. I kid, I kid..

Baby Steps 2 5:
Poor Takuma. He gets pretty much destroyed there, and in such a casual way, too. Welcome to the friendzone. Everyone has feelings for everyone else.

It's a shame that they didn't complete that match, but it was pretty fun to watch. It's nice getting back to the main setting of the show. We see Eiichiro advancing some more, and before too long we should be getting back into the tournament scene.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Symphogear.

Consensus animu-gaf?

Baby Steps 2 5:

Poor Takuma. He gets pretty much destroyed there, and in such a casual way, too. Welcome to the friendzone. Everyone has feelings for everyone else.

It's a shame that they didn't complete that match, but it was pretty fun to watch. It's nice getting back to the main setting of the show. We see Eiichiro advancing some more, and before too long we should be getting back into the tournament scene.

If nothing's happened in 10 years, its never gonna happen lol. That's why Eiichiro is A-chan, game is always on point.
I honestly don't feel bad for Takuma cause there are more than enough doppelgangers that look like her out there for him.

Consensus animu-gaf?

If nothing's happened in 10 years, its never gonna happen lol. That's why Eiichiro is A-chan, game is always on point.
I honestly don't feel bad for Takuma cause there are more than enough doppelgangers that look like her out there for him.

I enjoyed symphogear. It's nothing amazing, but it was fun

John Blade

Just finish watching Someday's Dreamers. I will write a brief impression sometime this week. Worth the time watching this show.

Midonin

Spice and Wolf 10-13
Spice and Wolf II 00

This is a good example of how to make your characters do morally questionable things but have them remain fundamentally likeable. Lawrence's calculations didn't go exactly as planned, Holo is stubborn and trading groups are bound to have some shady people in them, but ultimately, everything turned out okay. The audience already knew that Lawrence was going to make it out okay, so the finale's tension hinged on something that looks like a love triangle but doesn't feel like it. The chase of romance is part of the excitement, ne?

Continuing right onward, episode 00/OVA/the first of S2. Looks like this is the first Funimation backlog title I'm able to watch in 720. Makes a noticeable difference. Not really a recap, more of a followup to the end of S1. Glad to see Nora and Holo getting along, even if begrudgingly. I look forward to seeing what deals await them in the second half. It's a pleasant show, even with the heavy money talk.

cajunator

Banned

ohh....

I'm sure she is. I'd just rather they throw out the shyness and just make them all lovey dovey with each other from the start.

*grabs popcorn*

Tsumiki is definitely lovey dovey. If you like that sorta thing you might like some parts of Ai Yori Aochi.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 22

WHAT THE FUCK!!! No! NNOOO! Screw that! Fuck this whole mess. That is just cruel. I'm out!

AHAHAHAHAHA YESSSSSSSSS
You are now enlightened.

JCG

So, now that I'm done with Code Geass, what's next on "The List"?

If you want something similar in the sense several people can and do sincerely like it, there is always Samurai Flamenco.

It's arguably even more insane in terms of narrative than Code Geass, but also has some actually good character stuff if you're interested in that.

With the majority of the remaining titles listed, you might get some fun out of their randomness or terribleness yet it is unlikely you will ever care about anyone or anything involved. Most folks will think you are nuts if you try to recommend them for any other reason outside of this very limited purpose.

TRIAGE X - 04

You're talking about justice , revenge , friendship , conspiracies and the human nature

But i can't take you seriously when everything is over the top.
Is there anything i can take seriously in this show ? NOPE.

But hey , it's entertaining , so it's ok i guess ?

Nanoha Vivid - 05

In this episode , einhart get closer to vivio, einhart get excited to fight.
Everyone take a bath and there was a pervert in the water ?

Ahem.

That group of 4 elementary schoolgirls is sure hiding their skills well. Dat electric flamming kick

Mahou%20Shoujo%20Lyrical%20Nanoha%20Vivid%20-%2005.jpg

Balanced roster for maximum mayhem.

Damn Hype for next episode .. They better animate that battle properly.

Ps: Nanoha and fate stayed behind to train by themselves ? is that the kind of training i'm thinking about ?

Cornbread78

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 4
Ok, I'm enjoying this show now. The first couple eposodes were sort of meh, but it's making a comeback now.
So, Yamada switched powers from one witch (Shiraishi, body switching witch) to (Odagiri, lust for me witch)
just crazy stuff, but the humor built into the show is really good. As a side question for anyone that has read the manga, is there any character development or relationship building in the series? There is a feeling there that something deeper might be going on, but who knows.

TRIAGE X - 04
You're talking about justice , revenge , friendship , conspiracies and the human nature
But i can't take you seriously when everything is over the top.
Is there anything i can take seriously in this show ? NOPE.
But hey , it's entertaining , so it's ok i guess ?

This feeling should now be called "The Cross Ange Effect" going forward..

JCG

This thread should just be called "Gaffers react to Code Geass!"

It could be fun, but the show is already old and way too popular to be much of a novelty. I am just glad that even people who are new to it keep reacting in their own unique ways.

For every watcher who may want to drop it or otherwise embrace a purely cynical attitude, there is at least another who does care and gets a more sincere enjoyment. You couldn't even say that every single person who is shocked, frustrated or disgusted by a particular plot twist necessarily ends up feeling the same about the rest of the series. Nope, not at all. That surprising diversity of opinions, in the grand scheme of things, is what I find fascinating.

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Ep. 4
Ok, I'm enjoying this show now. The first couple eposodes were sort of meh, but it's making a comeback now.
So, Yamada switched powers from one witch (Shiraishi, body switching witch) to (Odagiri, lust for me witch)
just crazy stuff, but the humor built into the show is really good. As a side question for anyone that has read the manga, is there any character development or relationship building in the series? There is a feeling there that something deeper might be going on, but who knows.

There is definitely character development for some of the characters. For instance Odagiri gets character development as the series progresses and pretty much becomes the best girl, no competition. There's relationship building as well with Shirashi and Yamada which gets a bit complicated as it goes on, though there are other girls that like Yamada. There are points where Yamada and Odagiri's relationship develops as well. I won't go further as it would spoil things, but yeah there is definitely character development and relationship building with characters.

Though depending on if this gets a second season we may not get to see all the character development.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 23

I was not ready. What cruel fate. No one deserves that kind of fate yet I don't fully blame
Lelouch. (Although it was a dumb hypothetical to throw out knowing how your Geass works)

Just....

...I'm not prepared for this.

Cornbread78

There is definitely character development for some of the characters. For instance Odagiri gets character development as the series progresses and pretty much becomes the best girl, no competition. There's relationship building as well with Shirashi and Yamada which gets a bit complicated as it goes on, though there are other girls that like Yamada. There are points where Yamada and Odagiri's relationship develops as well. I won't go further as it would spoil things, but yeah there is definitely character development and relationship building with characters.

Though depending on if this gets a second season we may not get to see all the character development.

Oh damn, so it turns into your normal HS drama with all the witch hijinks on the side, very interesting.

JCG

And here is where Code Geass begins going off the rails and becomes the trainwreck we all know and... watched. Enjoy.

Despite your sarcasm, there is absolutely nothing written in stone about what he -or anyone else for that matter- will end up thinking about the series after this point.

Robotguy

I was not ready. What cruel fate. No one deserves that kind of fate yet I don't fully blame
Lelouch. (Although it was a dumb hypothetical to throw out knowing how your Geass works)

Just....

No one is prepared for Code Geass.

Eden of Grisaia - 03
Yet again a part of yuugi early life.
What a childhood. Well he is a teenager now , but still
2 month of service is a war zone ? no wonder he got over his killing problem

Cornbread78

Eden of Grisaia - 03
Yet again a part of yuugi early life.
What a childhood. Well he is a teenager now , but still
2 month of service is a war zone ? no wonder he got over his killing problem

Yeah, rough childhood, but those scenes towards the end with his sensei just felt weird, but it explains a lot past what we already knew occurred between them. Maybe this arc will finally end next weekend.

There's also comedy in it which can be enjoyable.

Of course, those awkward situations like the bath scene are funny as hell to watch.

jbug617

Banned
Did Right Stuf raise their prices on preorders for Funimation and Sentai titles? Seem like they are higher than they use to be

Just....

This is honestly my favourite episode of the entire series. After what happened in episode 22, I feel it just does everything right. The part where
Lelouch gives his speech to the angry Japanese who are angrily cursing Euphemia's name as she's on her deathbed with Suzaku by her side I feel was directed perfectly. It's one of my favourite moments in all of anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom