• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsukki was in gintama?
CEK9hQZVEAAZ9QY.jpg:large

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 2: pffftttt, she dodged the heart
fc36114a83c221e91da33dd6eeaa3d26.png

The faces continue to impress.

Love the new characters, Yuzuki's voice actress sounds very familiar for some reason.
The scene of them walking and her pissing off everyone by accident was hilarious. Every character is so unique so far, character types that I haven't seen in anime before.

Sterok

Go Princess Precure 14

Twilight no longer has her mask in the op. Pafu continues to be worthless. Momoka looks almost exactly like a younger Nozomi. Also, a sister named Momoka again? Kids are brats, the episode. Though it's pretty obvious she just misses Haruka. Once again Kirara gets the best scene. Though it does bring up the question of where her father is. Twilight's power-up is pathetic. Doesn't strengthen the bad guys at all. Next episode we get Aroma being awesome.

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 3: Dang, considering there is no real romance to speak of there sure is a lot of subtext and shipping going on between like.. every character, regardless of gender, sexuality or anything else. (mostly for comedy though of course)
431ce70daa6a5d0891026ae0fb2dcf20.png

It's funny, and definitely good. It keeps things chaotic and doesn't keep too much focus on the same characters.

I'm really loving every single character, and all their individual quirks. It's rare to find a show where there isn't a single character I dislike. I hope it continues!

Cornbread78

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 3: Dang, considering there is no real romance to speak of there sure is a lot of subtext and shipping going on between like.. every character, regardless of gender, sexuality or anything else. (mostly for comedy though of course)

It's funny, and definitely good. It keeps things chaotic and doesn't keep too much focus on the same characters.

I'm really loving every single character, and all their individual quirks. It's rare to find a show where there isn't a single character I dislike. I hope it continues!

I need to continue watching this at some point, the first few episodes were a lot of fun, I've just gotten completely sidetracked since. It's like how I treat my games dammit..

DEATH™

You are gonna be in for a ride.

Can't wait until you meet wakamatsu...

Himemiya

Who can tell me who directed this scene from Chance Pop Session?
Series Director is Susumu Kudou but the rest of the show is so washed-out and blandly adequate I doubt he's responsible. Though sites say he storyboarded ep 4 of SoulTaker, so if it's him and that one is good I might be watching that show much sooner than I thought.

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 4: The best one yet.
443f4b64e94817c5a6be2da76c7e6af1.png

Everything about this episode was pure hilarity, from Nozaki utterly failing at the dating sim, to questioning the motives of every character, attempting to get the gay option, to writing a whole damn boys love manga.

9346640d412c55ecb2c3893b0afc4032.png

Mikoshiba is such a funny character, I love how he acts like a super cool character but is totally meek beneath it all.

and Nozaki showing his feminine side haha! I would totally think of him as a gay character if the show wasn't about him and Sakura. It doesn't help that he's drawn in a style very reminiscent of Yaoi.
80d3561ce4c9a1de253cbc2043c76e80.png

Cornbread78

The World God only Knows S1 ep1-12
twgok-11-1.jpg

So I decided to marathon through S1 of the show today. There were some funny moments through the season, but ultimately, there is still no central plot or character development throughout. Some of the arcs were cute, but the overall plot, it , umm, well, where does it go? What exactly is this show and does anything change throughout the rest of the series in terms of Keima and/or Elucia? Keima seemed to get bothered by the girls not remembering him after each arc, can that be continued?

btw, Kanon is very cute...

The World God only Knows S1 ep1-12
twgok-11-1.jpg

So I decided to marathon through S1 of the show today. There were some funny moments through the season, but ultimately, there is still no central plot or character development throughout. Some of the arcs were cute, but the overall plot, it , umm, well, where does it go? What exactly is this show and does anything change throughout the rest of the series in terms of Keima and/or Elucia? Keima seemed to get bothered by the girls not remembering him after each arc, can that be continued?

TWGOK season 1 and 2 are pretty generic stuff that you may like depending on the humor (quite referential) and the main premise, which I thought was rather meh and this one-note 'it's like a VN!' procedure bored me real quickly.

However, season 3 flips everything a bit on its head and was quite enjoyable.

Cornbread78

TWGOK season 1 and 2 are pretty generic stuff that you may like depending on the humor (quite referential) and the main premise, which I thought was rather meh and this one-note 'it's like a VN!' procedure bored me real quickly.

However, season 3 flips everything a bit on its head and was quite enjoyable.

so 12 more episodes of meh, then it gets good? There's only 3 seasons on Crunchy, so...

I wouldn't go that far. Like don't watch that show if you are actually interested in the romance side of the equation.

I don't get why people say this considering most anime are far, far better at comedy then romance and Nozaki-kun is one of the best comedies imo

Love the new characters, Yuzuki's voice actress sounds very familiar for some reason.

Seo is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. She's got a pretty distinct voice. Also people lover her (see below and Zach's comments)

antibolo

Banned
Miyuki-sama is the best.

Her voice is sexy as hell (none of that high-pitch squealing that is too common with Japanese voice actresses) and she can display a wide range of emotions very effectively. Her short quips as Celty in Durarara are always flawless.

Razmos

Tomoda-kun is a true bro.
He is truly what the protagonist deserves.

Seo is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro. She's got a pretty distinct voice. Also people lover her (see below and Zach's comments)
Ah!, No wonder she sounds familiar, I've heard her in Bakemonogatari, Maria Holic, Black Rock Shooter, Danganronpa and of course she plays Celty in Durarara! and Inaba in Kokoro Connect

I can't believe I didn't make the connections before. I've always enjoyed her work.

so 12 more episodes of meh, then it gets good? There's only 3 seasons on Crunchy, so...

There are only 3 season animated

Actually you need to watch ( in that order ):

Season 1 & 2
the oavs ( tenri )

Season 3

Most of it will make sense , despite the fact that you will lose many ( awesome ) manga arcs

I don't get why people say this considering most anime are far, far better at comedy then romance and Nozaki-kun is one of the best comedies imo

I think the issue is people assume by the premise that it's going to be a romantic comedy, when it's actually just a straight up comedy that happens to make fun of romance a lot (Or more specifically, romance as portrayed in Shojo manga). It's a pretty much entirely about parodying shojo, which means that it needs to make fun of all the romance stuff because that's like 90% of what shojo is. It was inevitable that people would assume the romance was meant to be taken seriously, but that was an inevitability given the premise, and I can't fault the writer or show for that all things considered

Arcadius

Banned
Kamichu!

What a seriously good anime. I love the premise of it, and the characters and just everything. The first episode and then every episode after felt like a Studio Ghibli type of film. The art-style is fun, Yurie is super cute, I love it when she puts a finger to her mouth to muffle what she says while she blushes like mad. I especially love the world of Kamichu; the gods and the way they all look, the world of the gods, seriously amazing stuff. I wish there were more elements of that in the anime, but what we ended up with was just as amazing.

10/10, would love a sequel.

John Blade

I don't know if I am a sucker with this type of show but Somedays Dreamers might be another show which is on the list that is not the greatest anime ever made but an anime that have a very touching story line which give you a warm feeling in your heart (even if this is been done so many time in anime/ non anime show now).

For story, it's a simple design story which have been done before. A girl name Yume Kikuchi went to Tokyo to be an apprentice so she can start her process to be a certified mage. She was staying with Masami Oyamada who will become her apprentice instructor and her with she needed it during her training. During training, she will meet new friends and also gain her knowledge of her power and how to use it with people. Also, she will have doubt with her power during few incident which she start to question herself a bit and realize the real meaning of her power and how it will affect the people and herself . Finally, her final test to pass her mage licensee will be using her power at her instructor and if she pass it, she become a license mage.

The story is simple when you start to take it apart but it was done very well during the 12 episodes. They're few episodes which is very serious while other that is light and fun to watch.

For the character development, it's more target directly to Yume Kikuchi character as you see how she react to her situation she is in and how she develop from a country girl from the small town who got scare in the big city and tend to have a situation which backfired at her even though she have best of intentions to a more mature and strong at the end of the show. As for the secondary and support character, they're also develop quite well that you kinda wish they show more of them during the 12 episodes. Also, they is a underwhelming love interest with the instructor and the DJ woman which can flesh out a bit more but never did for some reason.

For the music, they use a lot of piano and string music which match the mood of the show. The ending scene which you see the instructor and his past and the music they use nail it and increase the touching feel as you watch it.

For the animation, it's have a gentle color which isn't harsh and bright. Same as the music, it match the mood of the show quite well and it look beautiful (mostly the background if you have the chance to look at the back).

Overall, the show is done quite well. This isn't the best show ever made but it's a well made show which I would recommend to watch it if they love those touching anime.

cajunator

Banned

I don't know if I am a sucker with this type of show but Somedays Dreamers might be another show which is on the list that is not the greatest anime ever made but an anime that have a very touching story line which give you a warm feeling in your heart (even if this is been done so many time in anime/ non anime show now).

For story, it's a simple design story which have been done before. A girl name Yume Kikuchi went to Tokyo to be an apprentice so she can start her process to be a certified mage. She was staying with Masami Oyamada who will become her apprentice instructor and her with she needed it during her training. During training, she will meet new friends and also gain her knowledge of her power and how to use it with people. Also, she will have doubt with her power during few incident which she start to question herself a bit and realize the real meaning of her power and how it will affect the people and herself . Finally, her final test to pass her mage licensee will be using her power at her instructor and if she pass it, she become a license mage.

The story is simple when you start to take it apart but it was done very well during the 12 episodes. They're few episodes which is very serious while other that is light and fun to watch.

For the character development, it's more target directly to Yume Kikuchi character as you see how she react to her situation she is in and how she develop from a country girl from the small town who got scare in the big city and tend to have a situation which backfired at her even though she have best of intentions to a more mature and strong at the end of the show. As for the secondary and support character, they're also develop quite well that you kinda wish they show more of them during the 12 episodes. Also, they is a underwhelming love interest with the instructor and the DJ woman which can flesh out a bit more but never did for some reason.

For the music, they use a lot of piano and string music which match the mood of the show. The ending scene which you see the instructor and his past and the music they use nail it and increase the touching feel as you watch it.

For the animation, it's have a gentle color which isn't harsh and bright. Same as the music, it match the mood of the show quite well and it look beautiful (mostly the background if you have the chance to look at the back).

Overall, the show is done quite well. This isn't the best show ever made but it's a well made show which I would recommend to watch it if they love those touching anime.

This is the sort of brilliant stuff Pioneer/Geneon was licensing back then. Geneon felt like a classier, more focused company. Always more expensive, but very much worth it.
Ill give some credit to ADV for getting Kino's Journey though.
This show was nothing like Aria, but it had that same relaxed feel. Very calming and slow paced, yet not boring. It had some pretty music and the show just seemed to float on screen like a beautiful butterfly. Very pleasant.
Also, of course I thought Yume was the most adorable character with her little crazy ahoges.

Pretty much. I really only skimmed through the second season because I couldn't care about anything going on and there's even more girls that weren't actually introduced properly.

I knew the third season was supposed to have a certain twist to it, that's why I trudged on. And yeh, I did enjoy that season, even though I still wouldn't call it great.

cajunator

Banned
Is it really a war when one side clearly outclasses the other?

to be fair, Deen nailed Rin's character design. Ufotable's honestly pales in comparison, with her freakish looking stubby face.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 2: pffftttt, she dodged the heart
fc36114a83c221e91da33dd6eeaa3d26.png

The faces continue to impress.

The scene of them walking and her pissing off everyone by accident was hilarious. Every character is so unique so far, character types that I haven't seen in anime before.

Yuzuki is voiced by Miyukichi.

Miyuki-sama is the best.

Her voice is sexy as hell (none of that high-pitch squealing that is too common with Japanese voice actresses) and she can display a wide range of emotions very effectively. Her short quips as Celty in Durarara are always flawless.

Yes. Miyukichi is a goddess. Do not question this fact, it is simply to be accepted as absolute truth. she is one of the very best VA's.

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra TV 6

Man, the tragedy of the sisters is so different in the TV show as opposed to the movie yet it's still just as powerful. Tavage is such a good mustache twirling villain that not only was I furious at the position he put Jane in but I'm very much looking forward to seeing Cobra shove his shit in at the earliest available opportunity.

The above postcard is so fucking great too. It just screams pulpy sci-fi and really conveys the animosity Cobra is feeling towards Tavage.

Cornbread78

There are only 3 season animated
Actually you need to watch ( in that order ):
Season 1 & 2
the oavs ( tenri )
Season 3
Most of it will make sense , despite the fact that you will lose many ( awesome ) manga arcs

Pretty much. I really only skimmed through the second season because I couldn't care about anything going on and there's even more girls that weren't actually introduced properly.

I knew the third season was supposed to have a certain twist to it, that's why I trudged on. And yeh, I did enjoy that season, even though I still wouldn't call it great.

With that being said, is there an actual ending to the story after S3 of the animated series?

Code Geass R2 1

.........What?

Welcome to the jungle. :)

Code Geass R2 2

So... Are they just doing the first two episodes of season 1 just with a season 2 flair?

Also I have so many questions...I don't know where to begin...

And holy batman the plot twists going on here. What??? WHHHHAAAATTTT?!?! How far down does this rabbit hole go?

Basically yes. For the first few episodes anyway. I remember initially dropping the show after that because I thought it was bullshit on how
everything was sent back to square one and thinking that the whole second season would just be a simple re-hash.

I jumped back in later for the sake of finishing it and oh how I happy I was to be wrong on that matter.

With that being said, is there an actual ending to the story after S3 of the animated series?

It's a nice place to stop . Even when you considers the fact that the manga goes the extra arc ( to give full answers ) .. but the anime ending is alright..clearly a soft blow if you compare to what happens usually.

John Blade

This is the sort of brilliant stuff Pioneer/Geneon was licensing back then. Geneon felt like a classier, more focused company. Always more expensive, but very much worth it.
Ill give some credit to ADV for getting Kino's Journey though.
This show was nothing like Aria, but it had that same relaxed feel. Very calming and slow paced, yet not boring. It had some pretty music and the show just seemed to float on screen like a beautiful butterfly. Very pleasant.
Also, of course I thought Yume was the most adorable character with her little crazy ahoges.

I have to say, the pacing was done just right as it doesn't feel like you're rushing into the story and at the same time, don't feel like it was dragging at all. Just wish it's a bit longer.

For the music, very clam music which is easy for people to listen and you can put it on as background noise while you're doing work which I am doing now.

Wondering, if you own the DVD set for this show? Kinda worth it for me when I got it.

Cornbread78

Taking a break from After Story? ;_;

Not really. Still trucking along. I use my Kindle in the office and the Hulu app doesn't work on it..

It's a nice place to stop . Even when you considers the fact that the manga goes the extra arc ( to give full answers ) .. but the anime ending is alright..clearly a soft blow if you compare to what happens usually.

Well alrighty then. I'll finish it up tomorrow, hopefully, it's good. The unfortunate part is I have no real emotional investment in any of the characters since there has been no character development at all, lol.

cajunator

Banned
I have to say, the pacing was done just right as it doesn't feel like you're rushing into the story and at the same time, don't feel like it was dragging at all. Just wish it's a bit longer.

For the music, very clam music which is easy for people to listen and you can put it on as background noise while you're doing work which I am doing now.

Wondering, if you own the DVD set for this show? Kinda worth it for me when I got it.

Yes I have the original series and also Sora

wonzo

Banned
They did the WUGZoo dating sim as an April Fools gag on the website this year. It was kind of amazing - every character other than Miyu had hilariously a bad synthesized voice, and the game would explode if you tried to cycle through text too quickly.

based WUG-chan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom