• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood Blockade Battlefront 5

Why hello there psycho Yandere and her targets of affection. Glad you could join us.

The episode was alright. It gave Leonardo some character development, it had decent action and the pacing was consistent, something that I feel BBB isn't doing enough of.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - 05

I will never tire of Eruna's yuri fantasies. Eruna is love, Eruna is life.
Drfbvlz.jpg
jsiuss7.jpg

Logged into my MAL and saw I had some friend requests from 2012 lol.

Massively cut down my anime watching so wasn't too hard to add most of the stuff I watched.

I don't use the full scale because I don't pick up stuff I don't think I'll like and I drop stuffvery quickly. I have 0 patience for certain aspects of anime and don't wish to waste any more time trying to get used to them.

I'm actually pretty suprised y'all have so few 10/10's. I though AnimeGAF loved everything.

My 10's:
Monster- A new entry to the 10s and therefore is more voilatile. There are some parts that are filler and other parts that are a bit too annoying (Dieter, the ending etc)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - Very controversial decision as many Gundam aficionados hate this show, but for me it was what brought me back to being interested in anime and reminded me of the joy of watching Gundam Wing when I was a kid. I still have it very close in my heart.
Death Note - Seed brought me into anime and Death Note brought me into fansubs and weekly watching shows as they come out. A marvellous masterpiece and a prime example of how to do a manga adaptation. Perfect episode count, use of anime's strengths to the fullest and a story that keeps you engaged throughout.
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch - All Hail Britannia! Really wish we'd gotten a second season.
Bounen no Xamdou - Bone's masterpiece. An example of what I refer to as "thoughtful anime". Anime in which someone actually thought about humans, our sense of existence/consciousness and our connection to other people, each with their own unique thoughts, feelings and desires. It features the best female charter I have seen in any anime, alongside a great varied cast. The story is not spelled out to you, which seems to be the greatest criticism levelled at it, but rather it requires you to piece it together from various monologues and poems. It is a visual spectacle with one of the best anime soundtracks to come into existence. It is an anime you watch, and then come back to it again and again because you just want to get to know it better since there are so many levels to the character behaviours and interpersonal relationships that watching it once isn't enough. It's midnight and I have work 2moro.
Shiki & Shiki Specials
K-On! Movie
Usagi Drop
Chihayafuru
Ping Pong The Animation

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku Episode 5:

I wonder if they blew a large chunk of the budget on the last episode since this one was pretty much all set up for things down the line and we didn't get a real fight, just a showcase of a future rival for Eruna really. We do also spend some time with some of the supporting cast who have not really got the limelight yet, like the flower arranger. I noticed that most of the were of the male variety and I suspect that was just to keep the number of yuri fantasies down a bit. All and all kind of weak and boring episode, too much faffing about for my tastes and no real action to speak of made this a bit of a turgid watch.

We talking about MAL ratings? Here's mine.

nzkhPi8.png

8-10s are shows I think are must-watches for any anime fan if they want a good time. They're also shows that end up being favourites of mine.

6-7s are basically guilty pleasures. There are some shows I score there that I personally had somewhat of a fondness of, but would only recommend to a few select people, depending on what they liked.

2-5s are shows I would not recommend. I may have enjoyed some parts of those shows, but I can agree on a general consensus that they're not very good.

I've only given a 1 to two things, and they're both movies. I don't like to hate on things guys. I really don't. I'm fairly optimistic and often try to look towards the positive side of the things I watch.

But every man has his limits.

I don't think I'd give a 1 to anything I've seen. I hate Mahouka and I wouldn't give it a 1, a 2 or 3 maybe. It's easier for me to shit on games because of the hands on element. Like The Order.

its bad

Sound! Euphonium 5:
Kumiko should hurry up and confess her love to Kousaka already. Their interactions are pretty much always hilarious.

The performance this episode was very nice to hear, and we also got to see a lot of progression for the characters. Natsuki has suddenly gotten pretty talkative. Kumiko has found a new place for herself, and it's good to see her take another step towards that.

Overall, this show remains very pleasing to watch every week. It's just a nice, relaxing way to spend time.

Jintor

The real problem with aggregate rating systems is that mostly people don't watch what they don't enjoy and don't rate it

A we f-it, whats a quick synopsis of the ending and who "wins" then?

Bare with me here because I haven't read it in ages.

Keima chooses Chihiro, the girl he brutally rejected at the festival

She rejects him in turn, only to reciprocate by the end of the final chapter.

Elsie is now a true member of Keima's family after she changed past events by inserting herself into having always being together with his family.

Haqua is literally forgotten

Tenri gets BTFO harder than maybe any character in any medium

Rest of the girls move on

Cornbread78

Bare with me here because I haven't read it in ages.

Keima chooses Chihiro, the girl he brutally rejected at the festival

She rejects him in turn, only to reciprocate by the end of the final chapter.

Elsie is now a true member of Keima's family after she changed past events by inserting herself into having always being together with his family.

Haqua is literally forgotten

Tenri gets BTFO harder than maybe any character in any medium

Rest of the girls move on

Thank You! Sounds about right based on the last episode.

Arcadius

Banned
added you ^^
I hope you continue to fall in love with this medium, as I did so many years ago.

Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm so happy to have started to watch anime. I don't think I will ever stop, and I am most definitely in love with this.

It's all thanks to you and the rest of Anime-GAF for being so nice and recommending shows and everything.

Seriously, thank you everyone.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm so happy to have started to watch anime. I don't think I will ever stop, and I am most definitely in love with this.

It's all thanks to you and the rest of Anime-GAF for being so nice and recommending shows and everything.

Well don't get too addicted. Anime will do a number on you.
pG5MtO0.jpg

Yep seems right, I use the full scale with 5 meaning average, for better or worse.
image.png

(51 are missing since they are unrated...which I should do something about.

Yours is a similar shape to mine, at least someone else uses most of the scale.

F8hZu5F.png

Though I have a lot of older ratings that I'd probably change if I cared enough to go back and look.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah I'll give it a shot but not because I'm interested anymore. I'll do it more because of nostalgia.

eKgIXWI.png

Yeah I'll give it a shot but not because I'm interested anymore. I'll do it more because of nostalgia.

Which show is this again? Working is really good.

DyFurTL.jpg

All joking aside, it's hard to sort things out like that without seeing a range of works.

Shows that are below 7.0 aren't worth my time usually.

Euphonium - 05

Dayum all those uniforms. Enjoying the show, I never find myself bored, as I thought perhaps would be the case starting this.
As an instrument pleb, I would have liked if they highlighted each instrument that was played during the march. When there was a close up on the trumpets, it would play louder than the other instruments, and so on.
I was a bit disappointed that it was a short performance, but I guess it's the journey that counts.

Can't wait until Blu-rays come out for this, it'll destroy my monitor.

man you are so screwed

Euphonium 5:

Sadly this episode got off to a horrible start for me with the Ishihara/Hanada "LOL, no boob growth/chest evny" gag to appeal to the late night audience. It stands out in stark contrast to the novel and is a mark of what would be a poor adaptation of it if there were more than 4 minutes combined in 2 episodes. I can't emphasize enough how much those two annoy me now.

The rest of the episode was much better and introduced Azusa, who I had been waiting for (and couldn't mention beforehand!). It's nice to visually see the different schools instead of having to imagine them, so things start to make a bit more sense in that respect. Overall, I wasn't the biggest fan of the festival arc in the novel, so if I seem down on it, it's more that than anything else.

Kigami's framing in this episode was fantastic. He worked on this alongside being the top key animator and unit director for the second Kyoukai movie, so there's definite traces of movie layouts in this episode, making it feel nicer than usual. (It's also affected some people subconsciously from what I've seen as well)

We're not yet halfway through the novel yet, though we are 2/4 chapters complete now. The content in the next two is easily 6 episodes long, so it shouldn't be too dragging (and I got a feeling this half is definitely going to be better-liked).

Euphonium 5

Kumiko's reactions and personality have quickly made her one of my favorite MCs of shows KyoAni has done. A lot of it has to do with that she's nothing really all that special nor has some particular charm or skill.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Just saw Clov post that NISA got Kotoura-san. Instant purchase for me.

I hope the show gets a second season, it was a pretty fun watch.

Still waiting on Cornbread's Clannad impressions.

Probably in a state of awe from all the feels. One of the few shows that has made me cry, Hunter X Hunter being that other show for that one instance, all of you who have watched it know it.
For those who don't, its when the insect king dies with that blind girl.

ibyea

Banned
Time of Eve 1
3 laws of robotic the anime basically. It is the story of a high school student who finds a cafe called Time of Eve, where both humans and androids gather, and learns that androids have their own inner lives and are just as curious about humans as humans are of them. He lives in a society where prejudice against them is ingrained though and androids acting outside what is expected of them sets off the fear of them breaking the 3 laws. A lot of the action is in the dialogue, but a lot of it is just simple interactions with him, his very clearly prejudice prone friend, and the people in the cafe, and expository dialogue is kept at a reasonable level, with a lot of world building visually presented. It's simple but enjoyable. Of note in terms of direction, it really feels like I am watching an animated live action show.

Cornbread78

Still waiting on Cornbread's Clannad impressions.

Lol. I'm on ep.8,the librarian/gang arc now, so I'm getting there. Hopefully, I'll finish up tomorrow, the arc about the dorm lady was pretty good. Does this thing tear it up in the final couple arcs? I'm wondering how they are going to finish up Tomoya's story with
his father
as well as the overall side story that has been following the series since S1 with the little girl and the robot. That has to tie in somehow, right? The feels in S1 were actually stronger than S2 so far, but... It's about to get crazy, right?

Yours is a similar shape to mine, at least someone else uses most of the scale.

F8hZu5F.png

Though I have a lot of older ratings that I'd probably change if I cared enough to go back and look.

After each season I generally check over the previous seasons shows (At the end of Spring I will check over Shirobako and others from Winter) and adjust the shows that I rated too high due to ending hype (At least half of a the shows per season usually get knocked down). Once in awhile I'll skim through the whole list to make sure nothing seems oddly off in either direction and adjust as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom