• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably in a state of awe from all the feels. One of the few shows that has made me cry, Hunter X Hunter being that other show for that one instance, all of you who have watched it know it.
For those who don't, its when the insect king dies with that blind girl.

Man. Clannad is just so good. :D

Lol. I'm on ep.8,the librarian/gang arc now, so I'm getting there. Hopefully, I'll finish up tomorrow, the arc about the dorm lady was pretty good. Does this thing tear it up in the final couple arcs? I'm wondering how they are going to finish up Tomoya's story with
his father
as well as the overall side story that has been following the series since S1 with the little girl and the robot. That has to tie in somehow, right? The feels in S1 were actually stronger than S2 so far, but... It's about to get crazy, right?

All will be answered in due time. ;)

Mature

export

My ratings skew a lot higher since I drop a lot of bad stuff quick.

Yea, I don't have time for things like MAL.
Get a load of this guy.

Kansoku

That transition in the end of Hibike was supper disappointing. "Man, they're playing nice, I'm lov... *fade* wait, what, it's over already?". Otherwise, AOTY. Kumiko is the best.

cajunator

Banned
Euphonium 5

Kumiko's reactions and personality have quickly made her one of my favorite MCs of shows KyoAni has done. A lot of it has to do with that she's nothing really all that special nor has some particular charm or skill.

yeah shes a cutie. Her reactions remind me of a Shaft character.

Where does hyouka stream? Does it steam? I guess if it's not on crunchy or Hulu I don't really know where to go...

Nowhere

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I can't assign a number to anything i've watched. I either liked it or didn't, that's it.

Me too. I either really like it and will recommend it to anyone. Like it but will not recommend, or didn't like it at all.

Expelled from paradise

It's okay. Story about ether or not living in the matrix worth it or not if your capability to have fun/emotion are determined by your contribution to society. Is evolved AI can be considered human being or if those who abandon their flesh can be considered human. Interesting theme, but i find it a bit lacking in execution. The CG looks bad.

Clov

Maybe if animegaf was the deciding factor but outside of this forum people really dont seem to care much about it.

I do think there is a demand. Sentai's been asked about it a few times at panels, for example. I think it will be released here eventually, along with Nichijou.

Maybe if animegaf was the deciding factor but outside of this forum people really dont seem to care much about it.

I've seen quite a bit of interest in it outside this forum. I still believe!!

And the very next arc is sad as hell, Nagisa! The feels, not sure where this is going now, my lawd. What did you get me into? I have to stop for the night..

I need your unbridled thoughts! Post impressions and power through! You are strong. You can get through this, I believe in you! :,)

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 7

Well, that was different.
We learn the Samurai Flamenco's parents didn't die of illness as his grandfather told him, but that they were actually murdered. The Flamenco's have been so successful cleaning up crime in the city that Flamenco Girl is losing her mind due to no longer being able to brutalize criminals. And Samurai Flamenco meets his first enemy that is not a petty criminal, "Guillotine Gorrila"

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wait, ND? Are you talking about Naughty Dog?

Why does the majority of Naughty Dog hate us?

Well I'm not sure if the majority hate us, but I do know one of them was slightly irritated about a thread made here lol. There was a panel for a conference with one of the main guys behind The Last of Us, he has black hair, basically said to the crowd among of the lines NeoGAF being a place not to go to or something. He was half serious, half sarcastic since there was a thread talking about how Drake kills a bunch of people in the game, basically labeling him as a murderer and people trying to justify or criminalize his actions. He was just irritated that people would start talking about Drake like that and how it was just a video game, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. That's what I remember though, I might have mistaken a few things so if someone can help clarify this if I'm wrong, please do.

Squishy3

Samurai Flamenco 7

We learn the Samurai Flamenco's parents didn't die of illness as his grandfather told him, but that they were actually murdered. The Flamenco's have been so successful cleaning up crime in the city that Flamenco Girl is losing her mind due to no longer being able to brutalize criminals. And Samurai Flamenco meets his first enemy that is not a petty criminal, "Guillotine Gorrila"
The ride is just beginning.

jgminto

Samurai Flamenco 7

I hope you didn't like what Samurai Flamenco was before because you're not getting any of that from now on.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Samurai Flamenco 7

The real samurai flamenco start here.

Midonin

I don't believe that Samumenco 7 is when the show goes off the rails. It's when it finally fully embraces its tokusatsu roots.

Chroma Squad does the same thing.

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 8
"Have you ever been attracted to rhinos?"

The Flamencos continue to fight monsters. Samurai Flamenco initially expresses regret over the death of his enemy, but copes with it by the end of the episode. The look in his eyes is scary now, apparently.
I need more Sapphire in my life.

Defuser

Hibike! Euphonium ep 5
Man this show is the best thing by KyoAni since Hyouka.

How many times was it commented in the show in the past episodes that Asuka is pretty again? I lost count. And damn you KyoAni, whats with the fading out with most performances, let me enjoy them in full.

Samurai Flamenco is brilliant. Watching that week by week was amazing. Makes me feel better about not following Geass by the week.

I feel like we haven't gotten a good speculah show in a while.

Cardcaptor Sakura 3-10

So I've been watching this the past week.

Mecha anime is great and all, but sometimes all the testosterone, explosions, and hotblooded attitudes can get a little overwhelming. So I thought I'd spice things up a bit and pick what is apparently one of the most popular and well-received magical girl shows of all time back where I left off.

Ten episodes in, and it's very enjoyable. I like how each card is radically different than the last one, allowing the show to be creative in what Sakura needs to do in order to seal the card.

I'm interested in how the relationship between Sakura and Li develops.
I pretty much know how it all ends up due to spoilers, but despite that, journey > destination. There aren't too many magical girl shows out there that feature a magical girl and magical boy romance (at least to my knowledge), so I'd like to know how well the show does that.

But I think what I like the most about this show so far is what's going on in the background. I mean,
Sakura's mother married her father when she was 16?!? She was his student at the time?!? That feels like a plot point from a completely different anime! What else is there to know about these characters?

So yeah, all in all the show's pretty good and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 3-10

Mecha anime is great and all, but sometimes all the testosterone, explosions, and hotblooded attitudes can get a little overwhelming. So I thought I'd spice things up a bit and pick what is apparently one of the most popular and well-received magical girl shows of all time back where I left off.

Ten episodes in, and it's very enjoyable. I like how each card is radically different than the last one, allowing the show to be creative in what Sakura needs to do in order to seal the card.

I pretty much know how it all ends up due to spoilers, but despite that, journey > destination. There aren't too many magical girl shows out there that feature a magical girl and magical boy romance (at least to my knowledge), so I'd like to know how well the show does that.

But I think what I like the most about this show so far is what's going on in the background. I mean,
Sakura's mother married her father when she was 16?!? She was his student at the time?!? That feels like a plot point from a completely different anime! What else is there to know about these characters?

So yeah, all in all the show's pretty good and I'm interested to see where it goes.
On your second spoiler, I was never really satisfied with the way the show handled the backstory of Sakura's parents and what of her mom's family it shows. You'll get some more details and such, but it never gets too fleshed out. Might be my biggest complaint about one of my favorite shows.

Also yeah, if that happened in real life I'd be like "Bruh...". What I will say is that at the very least, he owns it. Like, he understands why people react negatively to it and doesn't hold that against them; he doesn't go all "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Robotguy

Samurai Flamenco 9
We discuss the merits of torture, and the fact that entertainment is more important than integrity.
Diamond calls out King Torture. Torture captures Diamond, a showdown with Samurai Flamenco appears to be coming up next week. Signs point to the events of this show happening for the purpose of entertainment.

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 3-10

That is a bit of an odd plot point but remember this is Clamp. Weird plots are their bread and butter. Also lesbians. Clamp looooooooves lesbians!

Cornbread78

I need your unbridled thoughts! Post impressions and power through! You are strong. You can get through this, I believe in you! :,)

I'll finish it soon enough. I just hate when I have a feeling something very bad is going to happen and I think I already know it is going to happen to
Nagisa
somehow. There are too many links between her and the
little girl with the robot
plus there is such a sad overtone to everything going on right now.. It's not a School Days feeling as that was sick and twisted, I get more of a sad and depressing feeling from this one..
Please tell me I'm wrong and I'd be happy, but...

Btw, I love the opening music to the Afterstory:

Short intro version:
https://youtu.be/dsecL4bcH8M

Full version:
https://youtu.be/mT3X3i03Rak

Sterok

Mikagura 5

Seisa definitely likes Eruna despite her coldness. Minatogawa sure puts a lot of pressure on himself. No one is taking Miracle Man under his watch. Seisa chooses her battles wisely. And is friendly with art guy. But still selfish. Seems that Usamaru doesn't have the best of luck. I'm sure Eruna will avenge him gladly. So Seisa does have a reason for avoiding club activities beyond laziness.

On your second spoiler, I was never really satisfied with the way the show handled the backstory of Sakura's parents and what of her mom's family it shows. You'll get some more details and such, but it never gets too fleshed out. Might be my biggest complaint about one of my favorite shows.

Oh really? That's a shame.

It's not a deal breaker though. I'm sure what else the show has to offer on this manner is fine enough on its own.

That is a bit of an odd plot point but remember this is Clamp. Weird plots are their bread and butter. Also lesbians. Clamp looooooooves lesbians!

That's strange. I haven't seen that much yuri from CCS at the point I'm at. But then again, I'm only ten episodes in, lol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Cardcaptor Sakura 3-10

CLAMP shows are a vortex. If you read their other works like xxxHOLIC and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles they
pretty much hint it, also in Cardcaptor Sakura, that all of these are happening at the same time, just in different universes.
If none of you have read the manga or watched the anime for any of the two above or Cardcaptor Sakura, fix that now. Clamp brought out some work that turned into quality shows in the 90's.

That's strange. I haven't seen that much yuri from CCS at the point I'm at. But then again, I'm only ten episodes in, lol.

Not a lot of people are going to notice it until you tell them to pay attention to it, you'll notice it later in the series when people here mention yuri. It isn't explicit.

I just remembered why I don't like the purple haired girl.

She's the one that somehow survived a point blank headshot from a crossbow.

Only to wave off a second chance at life/redeem herself and jump into a fire like a dumbass.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Just listened to all the Digimon US OP's and god damn, the tribal one was bumping. After that, they fucking killed it with techno. WHEN WILL I GET TO SEE AGUMON FUCKING DIGIVOLVE AGAIN?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom