• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Shingeki no Bahamut was fantastic until the whole demon and angel storyline started coming to the forefront. Even then, I still enjoyed my time overall. Bring on more FAVAARROOOOOOO!!!

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 7:
This image perfectly captures what this series is about:
af6745d5d3382cb6966e63f8fa250c38.png

I knew this episode would be golden from the moment Sakura thought they were going on a date, and it was, it so was. Nozaki making everything about work as usual, Sakura saying "Could it be..!?" only to be shot down immediately over and over again.

Everything regarding the sailor uniform was utter hilarity, from the 2 onlookers giving a running monologe of Sakura and Nozaki looking at clothes, to Nozaki trying on the uniform and lamenting that he wasn't born a skinny bishounen and that he has too much muscle.
a4a40b44cd0ae08da173012a089cb458.png

And then I burst out laughing at Sakura thinking she was getting a gift and it turning out to be the sailor uniform
4b1a8f63d9ad0609fa1dda6a746c3f6d.png

Just epic, absolutely epic. and that was just the first half of the episode.

Cardcaptor Sakura has more BL than yuri, frankly.
This. There is FAR more BL in CLAMP works than there is Yuri. The only yuri I can think of is Tomoyo being in love with Sakura in CCS, the rest are all pretty BL-heavy, Fai/Kurogane in Tsubasa, Watanuki/Doumeki in xxxHolic, Touya/Yukito in CCS, the main characters of Legal Drug, and I know there was one about vampires that had a BL main couple.

Gintama 270
First half was good, sadly the anime couldn't make the weak Yamazaki chapter much better. Looks like they are still jumping around next episode order wise, instead of starting where they left off from last season. I guess I'll have to wait until they decide to animate the Confessional Arc.

cajunator

Banned
Cowboy Bebop is easily accessible due to its episodic nature but that also might be its biggest weakness. Some episodes are very strong and unforgettable. Some you may not ever watch a second time.

Jintor

Cowboy Bebop is easily accessible due to its episodic nature but that also might be its biggest weakness. Some episodes are very strong and unforgettable. Some you may not ever watch a second time.

there's stuff I didn't realise until my third rewatch but a lot of the episodes straight up suffer from the time compression cos of the 22 minute runtime. A few of them need longer to really get the timing down and end up feeling a bit rushed.

they're still miles better than probably 95% of all other anime out there really. I don't know... obviously every anime out there is directed and has direction, but bebop really feels... filmic?

Conan-san

So I hope no one had any plans to watch Digimon Tri because it's now a 6 Film Series with the first being shown (in theatres) in November

So yeah, Toei Delivers

Utter Disappointment.

Midonin

But don't movies give them the chance to have better animation quality? Like with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, or Tamayura. It means more of a wait on our end, but there are upsides to this.

phaze

I meant both of them having adventures, they don't necessarily have to be together!

As long their "adventures" won't boil down to constant "FAVAROOO" which I have grown tired off quite quickly. And they're going to get together at some point !
So I hope no one had any plans to watch Digimon Tri because it's now a 6 Film Series with the first being shown (in theatres) in November

So yeah, Toei Delivers

Utter Disappointment.

Still better fate than the treatment Saint Seiya got.

Conan-san

But don't movies give them the chance to have better animation quality? Like with the Kara no Kyoukai movies, or Tamayura. It means more of a wait on our end, but there are upsides to this.
Yeah, Like being forced into using PSN to watch the movies on rent or buy a boxset that will destroy your bank account! Twice!

If Toei even fucking remember to get that part of the plan right. Lord knows they'll pap the rights to Saban and they can make a mess of it instead.

Also (Toei + "Better Animation Quality") == (X / 0)

The Cat Returns

So finally saw another movie from Studio Ghibli, and it once again showed that they are just bad with making anime. Was a pretty dull affair overall with a very predictable story with a bland message of being yourself, but which wasnt ever emphasized or even important to the plot
since she just ran away anyway and had to escape a portal instead of showing high mental fortitude and development to turn back on her own

Natoru was the best character and best cat, he was hilarious and always so happy at everything.

Yeah, Like being forced into using PSN to watch the movies on rent or buy a boxset that will destroy your bank account! Twice!

If Toei even fucking remember to get that part of the plan right. Lord knows they'll pap the rights to Saban and they can make a mess of it instead.

Also (Toei + "Better Animation Quality") == (X / 0)

Heartcatch Precure's film looked great. If it can look as good as that I'll be happy.

Squishy3

The Cat Returns

So finally saw another movie from Studio Ghibli, and it once again showed that they are just bad with making anime. Was a pretty dull affair overall with a very predictable story with a bland message of being yourself, but which wasnt ever emphasized or even important to the plot
since she just ran away anyway and had to escape a portal instead of showing high mental fortitude and development to turn back on her own

Natoru was the best character and best cat, he was hilarious and always so happy at everything.
570xvym1.gif

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story ep.16:
I knew it, I knew it, I knew this was going to happen. I hate my life. I hate it all. Fu(k anime. Why did you make me watch this? Why why why? Dammit why?

Kikirin

Euphonium 5

Damn, the memories. The details of loading up the instruments for transport and taking charter buses to the venue were spot-on.

Marching season was my biggest dread since middle school due to parade marches, and high school later added to it with field shows. The week-long training camp in the middle of summer break in the hellish heat was the worst. Just thinking about arm circles and other exercises makes me shudder. And this extended through from the start of the school year to late October, where the heat is replaced with cold winds and rain.

I had enough of it after the first year of high school and was able to develop the chops to audition for the front ensemble, in spite of not being a percussionist. For those not in the know, the front ensemble consists of xylophones, marimbas, vibraphones, chimes, and other percussion instruments not suited for marching due to their lack of portability. They are often set up at the front for field shows, and ride on floats to perform if they participated in parades at all. And since they often aren't needed during the early season when people are learning the basics, we spent a good amount of the summer days indoors with glorious air conditioning. Needless to say, it made the marching season a lot more bearable, even if we had to wheel our instruments out and back for practice every morning.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew this was going to happen. I hate my life. I hate it all. Fu(k anime. Why did you make me watch this? Why why why? Dammit why?

It's gonna be alright. Everything will be okay. Keep going friend. It's sad and it's hard but it's all worth it!

There is a reason Mike and I love this show so much. This episode is just one piece of that. It takes you places and pulls the heartstrings you never thought you had.

Sailor Moon Crystal had a less standard release schedule and we know how that turned out. Never doubt the Toei.

Mabufu

Banned

There's nothing in the world that makes me happier than seeing people suffering with Clannad.

It's gonna be alright. Everything will be okay. Keep going friend. It's sad and it's hard but it's all worth it!

There is a reason Mike and I love this show so much. This episode is just one piece of that. It takes you places and pulls the heartstrings you never thought you had.
Absolutely.

Cornbread78

Clannad After Story Ep. 17-19:
I can't handle much more of all these feels; from sadness and heartbreaking moments to tears of warmth and love.
The scene at the ending of ep. 17 that leads into and mimics the closing animation was an amazing touch. I mean I've noticed they have done it with music in other anime's I've watched, but I've never seen it done with the animations before.

Some other events of note:
I can only get so chocked up so many times today:
- The talk with grandma, clarifying his father's past, then right into the scene of Usio still looking for the robot (the only thing he ever bought her and then crying in his arms as she is only allowed to cry there and in the bathroom, holy hell, I lost it there. I was done.
- The scene with Akio and Sanae ont he steps outside at dark, damn,
- He finally makes peace with his father after all these years and admits his side of failure to his father and thanks him, saying goodbye. Then that light again, it was back. I know that will be explained int he last couple episodes, but still.
I have to finish this up today, I mean, there are only a few episodes left, but damn. so much pain and saddness the past couple hours, I need a hug.

rrvv

I knew Digimon revival simply Too good to be true.

Seem that what Unicorn and Origin show as that. To milk those old fan that have a job today. Best way is to forced them to be overpriced BD for their old franchise series

Clannad After Story Ep. 17-19:
I can't handle much more of all these feels; from sadness and heartbreaking moments to tears of warmth and love.
The scene at the ending of ep. 17 that leads into and mimics the closing animation was an amazing touch. I mean I've noticed they have done it with music in other anime's I've watched, but I've never seen it done with the animations before.

Some other events of note:
I can only get so chocked up so many times today:
- The talk with grandma, clarifying his father's past, then right into the scene of Usio still looking for the robot (the only thing he ever bought her and then crying in his arms as she is only allowed to cry there and in the bathroom, holy hell, I lost it there. I was done.
- The scene with Akio and Sanae ont he steps outside at dark, damn,
- He finally makes peace with his father after all these years and admits his side of failure to his father and thanks him, saying goodbye. Then that light again, it was back. I know that will be explained int he last couple episodes, but still.

The last two episodes you watched are tears of joy though!
Reconnecting with his father and little Ushio

I have to finish this up today, I mean, there are only a few episodes left, but damn. so much pain and saddness the past couple hours, I need a hug.

Yes! And it's all going to be alright. *hugs*

Hell yeah 2nd season of Rage of Bahamut, now if Funi would freaking dub it

Also while I'm disappointed Digimon Tri is only a 6 part ova, I have hope it'll be a really awesome one based on the teaser/pv.

Without that
ending I would agree. Ending was complete bs and I usually love happy endings. All that character progression for nothing.

Don't click on these spoilers Cornbread.

It explains in the last episode that Tomoya didn't forget what happened and learned from those events to not take anything for granted and not to regret the people he loved.

The hell?

Quick, someone tell me how to feel about that.

I closed the video two thirds in though, don't really want to have anything spoiled and considering the evolution they were showing already... edit: Fuck it, gonna watch the rest anyways. Gonna get that spoiled by discussing Tri anyways. edit2: nvm, was just about over by then anyways lol

Butterfly remix was nice to listen to but eh, character design feels really weak. They're simply much less detailed and worse looking. Tai is pretty much the only one I don't mind. Oh well, here's hoping to a high animation quality at least. 6 part OVAs is kinda interesting. Could be good, especially since I'm not generally a fan of the 20min episode format, but who knows what we'll get with that. I'm wondering about the runtime of those OVAs though.

Fuck you, Toei.

Like, okay, a 6 part OVA is fine, whatever. Not really what they had hyped us for, but I can deal with that. But recasting all 8 characters? Go fuck yourselves. Especially when AiM (original voice of Mimi) is still doing the ending theme song. Way to trample all over the original and every single fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom