• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Chihayafuru Episode 1-5

I feel so fucking bad for Taikai, dude is in pain with Chihaya, he's in love with her yet he knows who she wants deep down inside. I feel just as bad for Wataya (if i spelled his name correctly) with
him losing his grandfather.
The soundtrack sounds beautiful, this is probably something I would see PIXAR making the soundtrack for lol.

Kanna is the best. Ichika is terrible.

The manga does a much better job at drawing them so read it too!

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru Episode 1-5

I feel so fucking bad for Taikai, dude is in pain with Chihaya, he's in love with her yet he knows who she wants deep down inside. I feel just as bad for Wataya (if i spelled his name correctly) with
him losing his grandfather.
The soundtrack sounds beautiful, this is probably something I would see PIXAR making the soundtrack for lol.

The manga does a much better job at drawing them so read it too!

The OST for Chihayafuru is one of the best in anime.

Sound! Euphonium 5
sound-euphonium-episode-5-kumiko-after-the-march.png

I know I've said this at almost every episode but this is bringing me back to band. Working hard on marching and practicing in school parking lots and on the track. Learning how to March in unison while also keep track of the beat you're supposed to be on any given piece. Shaking off the nerves before playing in front of a bunch of strangers.

Why is this show so good?!?! KyoAni is back, baby!

Sterok

Pleiades 5

Spaaace. And Saturn. They certainly are getting stronger. Itsuki doesn't want to cause anyone trouble. Just mess up Saturn's rings to save the day.

Allaur

Thank you for pointing this one out, it was an amazing ride and I'm glad to have been through it. That ending, just damn. Now will be the endless battle of trying to find another romantic series that comes even close to Clannad.

5 cm per second (I hope people already made you watch it)
Honey and Clover (I think it's better than Clannad (and I really love 2nd season of Clannad))
Kanon 2006 (Closest thing to Clannad (well, it's based on VN too) in terms of character/arks, but watch first 2 positions first)
Ef - A Tale of Memories/Melodies - I think you already watched this

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Princes jellyfish episode 1
I'm honestly really liking the premise, funny thing, I actually thought the main character was the one that was crossdressing, as all I had to go on when I heard about this series is its about a crossdressing boy, so throughout the episode I was just awaiting for the reveal that she was actually a he.

Giolon

Euphonium

As a former band nerd, I'm loving this show. It's basically chronicling my time in high school, only the girls were never quite that cute, and the gender ratio was more 50:50. All the ridiculous amounts of practice are real - in fact we practiced more than this show. 2 hours of band class every day (1 hour was before school), 4 hours of practice 2x a week after school, practice on Saturdays from 9-5, and nearly 2 months of 9-5 practice during summer vacation 5 days a week. One year we even had a legit band camp in the mountains.

I want this show to go on for more than one season!

fertygo

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II - 1

Well...it's more Horizon. More Tori goofiness, more wacky character design, more confusion.

I'm not going to understand how anything in this show works by the time I finish it aren't I?

has anyone ever pointed you to this fan guide for watching horizon?

http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/

help me a lot, because its a adaptation of 1000 pages book that just follow the big guidelines afterall.

Anko

Hello to AnimeGAF. First post in here. I think I noticed a few fellow yuri goggles wearing gaffers.

Lol, it starts making a little sense, right as S2 ends. Like what was said above me, the world and roles are all kinda confusing, but the show is fun regardless, it's a shame, like so many others, we are still waiting for a continuation of it with a S3.. hopefully, maybe, we will see it eventually.
It's all love live's fault isn't it...
Sales for Horizon in JP stayed steady throughout at 20k copies. No significant increase or decrease, indicating a pretty constant loyal fanbase. They probably concluded that they could afford to wait with this loyal fanbase while the studio focused on their own original anime hit.

Sigh. I need more Malga and Margot. The light novels are a little hard for me to read at the moment. Too much terminology.

Euphonium 5
The show to make me regret not joining the band back in school.
I really like Kumiko's many faces in the show. She's so awkward around Reina. The seiyuu did well in conveying her nervousness too. However, I must say that I don't like the direction they seem to be heading towards with Reina and the sensei. I hope I'm wrong about this... it would be nice if they kept the romance to a minimum and focused only on the band. By the way, what is the significance behind the hair flick that Reina did after apologizing for blowing her Trumpet while they were waiting for their turn?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Euphonium

As a former band nerd, I'm loving this show. It's basically chronicling my time in high school, only the girls were never quite that cute, and the gender ratio was more 50:50. All the ridiculous amounts of practice are real - in fact we practiced more than this show. 2 hours of band class every day (1 hour was before school), 4 hours of practice 2x a week after school, practice on Saturdays from 9-5, and nearly 2 months of 9-5 practice during summer vacation 5 days a week. One year we even had a legit band camp in the mountains.

I want this show to go on for more than one season!

Guess if I want to relive secondary (high) school life through anime I'll have to wait for one based on the Combined Cadet Forces.

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi 19

I was right! This episode was utterly fantastic - the police car outfit floored me. Hadzuki is so kind, even towards people who kidnap her!
"If only I had my magic right now... I could tidy up this room for them!"

Hello to AnimeGAF. First post in here. I think I noticed a few fellow yuri goggles wearing gaffers.

Welcome!

Anko said:
[...] By the way, what is the significance behind the hair flick that Reina did after apologizing for blowing her Trumpet while they were waiting for their turn?

Just to empathize that she didn't mind Kumiko's remark at all and isn't some constantly brooding girl.

Primarily though, to look especially moe and make for a good GIF.

chiimisu

Hi there, AnimeGAF! Nice to meet you all!
I don't know where else to ask, so I've decided to ask here. Is it worth it start watching Digimon from the beginning if I have no nostalgia for it at all? They didn't show it here back in my childhood, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Shaman King were my jam. Only encounter I had with the franchise was a godawful MMO. But I'm kind of interested now, and all the recent developments (movie series, PSP/Vita/3DS games, merchandise) look pretty great. So, are there any recommendations? Where to begin, what to watch, what not to? Should I bother at all?

Hi there, AnimeGAF! Nice to meet you all!
I don't know where else to ask, so I've decided to ask here. Is it worth it start watching Digimon from the beginning if I have no nostalgia for it at all? They didn't show it here back in my childhood, Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Shaman King were my jam. Only encounter I had with the franchise was a godawful MMO. But I'm kind of interested now, and all the recent developments (movie series, PSP/Vita/3DS games, merchandise) look pretty great. So, are there any recommendations? Where to begin, what to watch, what not to? Should I bother at all?

I'd say only if you have the capacity to transport your sense of self to a different time. The show has aged, without a doubt.

Straight up, I don't think it's worth your time, in this day and age. There are better things to spend your time on.

But if you are dead set on understanding the origin of the series, and can place yourself joyfully into the mindset of that time period, while also looking forward to the new series, maybe it's worth watching.

But i'm going to say no overall.

chiimisu

I'd say only if you have the capacity to transport your sense of self to a different time. The show has aged, without a doubt.

Straight up, I don't think it's worth your time, in this day and age. There are better things to spend your time on.

But if you are dead set on understanding the origin of the series, and can place yourself joyfully into the mindset of that time period, while also looking forward to the new series, maybe it's worth watching.

But i'm going to say no overall.

Oh, really? That's a shame :C Weren't some movies quite good tho?

cajunator

Banned

Sales for Horizon in JP stayed steady throughout at 20k copies. No significant increase or decrease, indicating a pretty constant loyal fanbase. They probably concluded that they could afford to wait with this loyal fanbase while the studio focused on their own original anime hit.

Sigh. I need more Malga and Margot. The light novels are a little hard for me to read at the moment. Too much terminology.

Euphonium 5
The show to make me regret not joining the band back in school.
I really like Kumiko's many faces in the show. She's so awkward around Reina. The seiyuu did well in conveying her nervousness too. However, I must say that I don't like the direction they seem to be heading towards with Reina and the sensei. I hope I'm wrong about this... it would be nice if they kept the romance to a minimum and focused only on the band. By the way, what is the significance behind the hair flick that Reina did after apologizing for blowing her Trumpet while they were waiting for their turn?

Welcome!

You are right, several of us have very fancy yuri goggles. If you'd like a pair, just ask!

Oh, really? That's a shame :C Weren't some movies quite good tho?

I know people have looked back fondly on the movies, I can't speak for those personally.

I was one of those kids who woke up early to watch the new episode of Digimon, and I tried watching it in this day and age and found that it just didn't hold up.

But of course that is just my opinion, i'm sure others will argue for the virtues of the series. I think it's pretty shallow by today's standards though.

Staff listing for Eupho 6-9 are out (10's wasn't revealed).

(All episodes have Hanada's script)
6: Director/Storyboards: Eisaku Kawanami/AD: Kayo Hikiyama
7: Director/Storyboards: Yasuhiro Takemoto/AD: Futoshi Nishiya
8: Director/Storyboards: Haruka Fujita/AD: Seiichi Akitake
9: Director/Storyboards: Noriyuki Kitanohara/AD: Rie Senami

Definitely looking forward to episode 7 and Takemoto's the right person to handle that part.

Cornbread78

5 cm per second (I hope people already made you watch it)
Honey and Clover (I think it's better than Clannad (and I really love 2nd season of Clannad))
Kanon 2006 (Closest thing to Clannad (well, it's based on VN too) in terms of character/arks, but watch first 2 positions first)
Ef - A Tale of Memories/Melodies - I think you already watched this

Well, I haven't seen the first 4 on your list, so now begins the valid streaming service hunt, lol.

El- A Tale of Memories was confusing at first as it has it's own presentation style, but once you get it down and the story gets going it uses, music and tone to tell a great story. It's got a much more mature tone to it, which is appreciated as well.

Welcome! I'm still pretty new as well and I talk a lot, well, too much sometimes, lol.

It's unfortunate that they haven't done a S3 yet because once S2 closes out, you get a clear direction on where the story is going and you want more! Alas, the endless anime wait for an actual ending..

Razmos

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun episode 9: The return of the sailor uniform.

68107314095212671409520275572.gif

I've gone full circle now to the GIF that introduced me to the series.

First half with the rain was really funny, and I enjoyed the part with Kashima and the umbrellas. Seo saved the day!

FdVnrcX.png

Second half wasn't as funny, but I loved the post credits scene with the "Mob" characters.

TUSR

Banned
One episode of Working!!2 has more animation in it than 3 of the first season combined.

I'm not familiar with the show, but did it really get popular/sell well?

Allaur

El- A Tale of Memories was confusing at first as it has it's own presentation style, but once you get it down and the story gets going it uses, music and tone to tell a great story. It's got a much more mature tone to it, which is appreciated as well.

Same can be said about Monogatari Series by the way. But, anyway, I was going to agree with you here and say there are a lot of interesting means how Ef shows emotions of main characters. In particular I really like the phone dialogue scene (especially the part when girl saying a lot of synonyms).

Cornbread78

Same can be said about Monogatari Series by the way. But, anyway, I was going to agree with you here and say there are a lot of interesting means how Ef shows emotions of main characters. In particular I really like the phone dialogue scene (especially the part when girl saying a lot of synonyms).

Oh yeah, Monogatari was actually very similiar in it's heavy use of text to tell the story. In Memories, they took their time to craft the each characters part in the story, then bottlenecked everyone together at the end to come to a dramatic ending. Some of those final episodes were pretty intense and the emotional impact was real. It was honest believable emotion and didn't feel forced at all. Melodies did a great job of tying all of the loose ends together from Memories as well as build and conclude it's own relationships. Although (Ef-Melodies spoiler):
The church guy and "Big Sister Nagi" should have hooked up once he met and sent his angel home, sad, tragic story..
I still don't agree with the violin guys relationship though; it's just not right, lol.

I know people have looked back fondly on the movies, I can't speak for those personally.

I was one of those kids who woke up early to watch the new episode of Digimon, and I tried watching it in this day and age and found that it just didn't hold up.

But of course that is just my opinion, i'm sure others will argue for the virtues of the series. I think it's pretty shallow by today's standards though.

Dunno, Digimon has still fairly well written characters and executes on its themes relatively well. What I'm really not fond of is the lack of actual animation and occasional 'monster of the week' format the show falls into.

I'd certainly recommend it as a really good kids show these days and adults may give it a try.

chiimisu, if you do give it a try, do not watch the English dub or you're missing out on one fantastic soundtrack.

chiimisu

Dunno, Digimon has still fairly well written characters and executes on its themes relatively well. What I'm really not fond of is the lack of actual animation and occasional 'monster of the week' format the show falls into.

I'd certainly recommend it as a really good kids show these days and adults may give it a try.

chiimisu, if you do give it a try, do not watch the English dub or you're missing out on one fantastic soundtrack.

Thanks for your opinion! I'm familiar with eng dub thanks to Nostalgia Critic, no thanks, I won't touch it with a ten foot stick :D

JMTHEFOX

I like the soundtrack for the English dub.

*raises shields*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom