• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Reminds me of the Hyouka character changes

35noRwn.jpg

Must watch this.

Cornbread78

I think I will do just that. I will start this weekend and post my opinions on here lol.

Sweet, I can't wait to read your impressions. I was really surprised at this one, especially once I got into the After Story. I'm still smiling and crying inside at the same time right now. Sooo good.gif.

I wonder if there is anything out there even close to the depth of Clannad.

I was hesitant at first, but good God is it worth it. There are some luls in season 1, but the After story completely and utterly makes up for it and brings it to new amain heights. Just keep in mind it's not just a romance anime, it's an anime about love in family and friends as well as a romance story unlike any other. Man, the absolute cluster of emotions you go through is both draining and amazing. Go all-in and enjoy the ride from start to finish, you cannot be disappointed. It's free on Hulu.

We were all hesitant on the show at one point (yes even me). The show takes you on a great ride and doesn't let you go.

And I notice how much you really got the show. So glad you took your time to see the depth that's there.

I think I will do just that. I will start this weekend and post my opinions on here lol.

I am looking forward to it. Always nice to see people trying the show out. :)

Sweet, I can't wait to read your impressions. I was really surprised at this one, especially once I got into the After Story. I'm still smiling and crying inside at the same time right now. Sooo good.gif.

I wonder if there is anything out there even close to the depth of Clannad.

I am so glad I recommended Clannad to you. :D

PK Gaming

Mikagura 5

Gotta love festival episodes; they're fun, low-key and they always make you hungry. I like how Seisa was following Eruna for bit; it's nice that she isn't completely stoic, and her interactions with the other characters are surprisingly good. The next episode should be interesting.

Cornbread78

We were all hesitant on the show at one point (yes even me). The show takes you on a great ride and doesn't let you go.

And I notice how much you rrally got the show. So glad you took your time to see the depth that's there.

I am looking forward to it. Always nice to see people trying the show out. :)

I am so glad I recommended Clannad to you. :D

Yes, Thank you again for recommendation! Although, from my post this morning, my opinion was much different at the time because you could feel something coming up in the story last night and than ep.16 happened and absolutely wrecked me. I couldn't imagine being in that spot,
Then, the grandma scene to point out his path and Sanae taking action and the similarities with Tomoya, his dad and even Akai, holy crap
then the marathon of events after that, unbelievable writing.. Even the sudden realization of the importance of that Dango song as you read the lyrics at the end..

Thank you for pointing this one out, it was an amazing ride and I'm glad to have been through it. That ending, just damn. Now will be the endless battle of trying to find another romantic series that comes even close to Clannad.

Cornbread78

And
Tomoya telling Ushio about her mother, Nagisa
... ;_;

Something I forgot to ask about Fuuko in the story:
why and how did she know the little "cute" girl was there? I met that whole arc with her getting to play with Ushio, and Usio must have given the same scent as the miracle girl, but why was that there? Just to prove a link between the two worlds exists in that sopt? Was it because she was another one of Tomoya light sources?
just wondering, she was sooo cute herself.

Hibike! Euphonium 5

Freakin fantastic episode. Loved everything about this. There're just cute girls everywhere.

Enjoyed the little KyoAni-isms as well, especially that bit where Kumiko takes her shoes off in the train. Kousaka is amazing, Asuka is amazing. Even with the CG, the episode looked lovely. Kumiko is also a great MC and its a joy to watch her interactions with other people. The marching bands looked cool and I wish their performances were a little longer but I guess its a budget thing.

Loved this show.

Yes, Thank you again for recommendation! Although, from my post this morning, my opinion was much different at the time because you could feel something coming up in the story last night and than ep.16 happened and absolutely wrecked me. I couldn't imagine being in that spot,
Then, the grandma scene to point out his path and Sanae taking action and the similarities with Tomoya, his dad and even Akai, holy crap
then the marathon of events after that, unbelievable writing.. Even the sudden realization of the importance of that Dango song as you read the lyrics at the end..

Thank you for pointing this one out, it was an amazing ride and I'm glad to have been through it. That ending, just damn. Now will be the endless battle of trying to find another romantic series that comes even close to Clannad.

Ah yes. The endless struggle. The closest I've gotten is Your Lie in April and Kanon 2006. Nothing has really topped Clannad for me.

why and how did she know the little "cute" girl was there? I met that whole arc with her getting to play with Ushio, and Usio must have given the same scent as the miracle girl, but why was that there? Just to prove a link between the two worlds exists in that sopt? Was it because she was another one of Tomoya light sources?

It was there as more showing the connection of the girl and Ushio. They were trying to give hints without laying it on too thick. This was them trying to do a "just in case your not getting it".

It's just another way to confirm again that
the girl in the lost world was Ushio. Fun fact: each title card shows the number of orbs collected similar to how the title page shows them in the VN. When you clear After Story in the game, you get that image of Ushio, just like in the bonus episodes for AS.

Hibike! Euphonium 5

Freakin fantastic episode. Loved everything about this. There're just cute girls everywhere.

Enjoyed the little KyoAni-isms as well, especially that bit where Kumiko takes her shoes off in the train. Kousaka is amazing, Asuka is amazing. Even with the CG, the episode looked lovely. Kumiko is also a great MC and its a joy to watch her interactions with other people. The marching bands looked cool and I wish their performances were a little longer but I guess its a budget thing.

Loved this show.
Moreso a combination of Hanada/Ishihara trying to fit a lot of necessary scenes (after the first bust scene, it's pretty much 1:1 with the novel) into one episode along with the difficulties of producing the animation for two 14 episode series and a brand new action feature film simultaneously. The scheduling post Free -Eternal Summer- to get both the Kyoukai film and Eupho looking as nice as they do is something spectacular. (Notes: Eupho eps have had 8/7/14/7/9 key animators listed respectively; a sign of great scheduling)

JMTHEFOX

Although I'm not feeling Bahamut
(please don't kill me)
, its nice to see that there is a 2nd season in the works.

Also, seeing that Digimon Adventure tri is a film series is interesting since there was no Xros Wars film adaptation. Dat butterfly version tho.

tumblr_mbchuf80YL1r45gwao1_500.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Gonna start watching Chihayafuru. Lets see if the first season any good. Don't wanna waste time or money on the second one if it ain't no good.

TRIAGE X - 05

I want to say that this show is over the top and that this plan is ridiculous , but in fact it was actually mostly normal and effective. i can't argue that this turn of events is at least for now believable.

But goddamn , i can't help but to have conflicted feeligns about so many nameless characters being killed each episode. Oh wait she wasn't nameless ! i knew for a whole 5 seconds this time !

I'm actually intrested into seeing the pay-off of this whole affair now ..mission accomplished Triage X !

Gonna start watching Chihayafuru. Lets see if the first season any good. Don't wanna waste time or money on the second one if it ain't no good.

Enjoy. Chihayafuru is a very high quality show with some great characters. It's always an enjoyable watch, whether it's focusing on romance or on the karuta matches (which are as tense as any sports anime).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Enjoy. Chihayafuru is a very high quality show with some great characters. It's always an enjoyable watch, whether it's focusing on romance or on the karuta matches (which are as tense as any sports anime).

I'm glad to hear there's romance, hopefully it doesn't do a Golden Time and MC picks the girl I didn't want him to. Please no spoilers to my response!

Arslan Senki 5

N5pTE9N.jpg

A man of his words, my respect goes out to him.

To die by a arrow of a friend then to die by the hands of the enemy, Sharpur is truly a warrior by heart. Finally Gieve is introduced who is what you call a playboy, smooth and clever. Plus he has talented skills as a warrior and musician. It seems Arslan and his crew are moving out and ready to set off on an adventure. But man Pars is truly screwed especially when have you have a bunch of slaves wanting to be freed and a way to do so is by revolting in the inside, which gives Lusitania the edge.

I'm really loving this show, just love the politics, strategic battle, and the setting. The historic lore is just so good coming from this series.

Cornbread78

Ah yes. The endless struggle. The closest I've gotten is Your Lie in April and Kanon 2006. Nothing has really topped Clannad for me.

It was there as more showing the connection of the girl and Ushio. They were trying to give hints without laying it on too thick. This was them trying to do a "just in case your not getting it".

It's just another way to confirm again that
the girl in the lost world was Ushio. Fun fact: each title card shows the number of orbs collected similar to how the title page shows them in the VN. When you clear After Story in the game, you get that image of Ushio, just like in the bonus episodes for AS.

Ok, so I was right, just wanted to make sure, the only part that doesn't match up there is that
time reset back to the birth of Ushio(such an appropriate name in this show, damn) so she wouldn't have met her, but I guess, super cute smell is super cute smell. Plus, she was a ghost herself and a miracle of sorts at the same time, so it works, lol.
I only have " The story under the green tree" left to watch now, but that is just an after story and not main story based, just for fun..

Chihayafuru is awesome. One of my faves. Hope you like it!

Everytime I see "Chihayafuru" I cant get the theme out of my head. I forgot just how good the soundtrack is.

Moreso a combination of Hanada/Ishihara trying to fit a lot of necessary scenes (after the first bust scene, it's pretty much 1:1 with the novel) into one episode along with the difficulties of producing the animation for two 14 episode series and a brand new action feature film simultaneously. The scheduling post Free -Eternal Summer- to get both the Kyoukai film and Eupho looking as nice as they do is something spectacular. (Notes: Eupho eps have had 8/7/14/7/9 key animators listed respectively; a sign of great scheduling)

Thats true, there was a lot that happened in this episode. That bust scene felt so unnecessary but whatever.

Kyo Ani really has some magicians working for them. All their shows always look so good. I read somewhere that they dont even have that high of a budget but they take the time required for their shows instead of working on crazy deadlines like some other studios?

Imagine how the blu-ray is gonna look for that show... *gulp*

I'm excited to see the full booklet of key frames/setting materials from the KyoAni Shop with each volume. That's going to be wonderful to supplement the show.

As an example, here's the layout of the fictional North Uji school:
K3f3lTt.jpg

And here's the map of the area around the real life Todo High School:
17xu9fN.jpg

Thats true, there was a lot that happened in this episode. That bust scene felt so unnecessary but whatever.

Kyo Ani really has some magicians working for them. All their shows always look so good. I read somewhere that they dont even have that high of a budget but they take the time required for their shows instead of working on crazy deadlines like some other studios?
I blame the more late night-oriented Ishihara/Hanada for the bust scenes thus far. It's their type of humor/content which didn't mesh well with the novel IMO.

You likely read Kawabata's tweet saying that contrary to the "high budget" speculation around KyoAni, they have a relatively cheap budget (keeping staff small and working together helps a lot!).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm excited to see the full booklet of key frames/setting materials from the KyoAni Shop with each volume. That's going to be wonderful to supplement the show.

As an example, here's the layout of the fictional North Uji school:
K3f3lTt.jpg

And here's the map of the area around the real life Todo High School:
17xu9fN.jpg

Oh wow, that's really nice. Pretty sweet to get some swag with it too lol

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II - 1

Well...it's more Horizon. More Tori goofiness, more wacky character design, more confusion.

I'm not going to understand how anything in this show works by the time I finish it aren't I?

Tuck

When Marnie was There
This was fantastic. I thought it was gonna be a boy-meets girl love story. Then I thought it was going to be a girl-meets girl love story. Then I realized all was not what it seemed and the story became much deeper and engrossing. Strong development arc for the main character. Several interesting twists. Beautiful animation.

Wonderful.

Syrinx

Ano Natsu de Matteru 1-3

In a show that seemed simple enough, the following things have shown up:

-Aliens
-Amnesia
-Romantic/sexual tension and drama out the ass
-Misunderstandings
-Cute mascot character (he ain't that cute though)

Best way to describe it would be...anime.

Well...it's more Horizon. More Tori goofiness, more wacky character design, more confusion.

I'm not going to understand how anything in this show works by the time I finish it aren't I?

Depends on what you're confused about. The finer details of the world and setting will probably remain incomprehensible unless you remember exactly what everyone says and all details involved, but the goals and motivations driving the general plot are presented fairly typically.

Cornbread78

Lol, it starts making a little sense, right as S2 ends. Like what was said above me, the world and roles are all kinda confusing, but the show is fun regardless, it's a shame, like so many others, we are still waiting for a continuation of it with a S3.. hopefully, maybe, we will see it eventually.

cajunator

Banned
Ano Natsu de Matteru 1-3

In a show that seemed simple enough, the following things have shown up:

-Aliens
-Amnesia
-Romantic/sexual tension and drama out the ass
-Misunderstandings
-Cute mascot character (he ain't that cute though)

Best way to describe it would be...anime.

Kanna is the best. Ichika is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom