• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EOBvWMB.png

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*Masterbates furiously*

Hyouka?

Jex

As much as I'd like to see a Hyouka release I can't see how that would make any financial sense.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.

phaze

That's what people think it is. I know Sentai has been pestered by fans for years for this to be licensed. So, the tweet makes it sound like "Yes, it's the one you all have been asking about. We gots it!"
Well, fingers crossed.

Watch Sentai go bankrupt year after the release

Been rewatching Attack on Titan and I think this thread really ruined me. It's much worse than I remember it being. The hype moments still work though.

VRMN

As much as I'd like to see a Hyouka release I can't see how that would make any financial sense.

I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.
Sentai seems to be okay with niche releases as a company strategy. Give it a sub only release like most stuff of that caliber and everyone's happy.

Midonin

Punchline 05

One of the themes that anime covers - not always with a gentle hand, but it's a subject that can be tricky even for the real world - a lot is bullying. I've seen it in many series - Shigufumi, Touka Gettan - this is like those. Always tough to watch, and it certainly explains how Ito got to be where she is today. I think I've also figured out who the guy in the spandex is - if he says his name is Matsu, then he must be
one of Mika's companions. Pine!
It's going to take a lot to change the future, but it can happen. One reason why I like this show a lot is all the details that went into setting up the dorms. Everyone's room is bursting with character, and if this was a video game, I could easily spend a good hour or so just sorting through their rooms and reading the flavor texts on their belongings. That may have come out wrong. It's for the purpose of solving the mystery.

Mendrox

Punchline 05

One of the themes that anime covers - not always with a gentle hand, but it's a subject that can be tricky even for the real world - a lot is bullying. I've seen it in many series - Shigufumi, Touka Gettan - this is like those. Always tough to watch, and it certainly explains how Ito got to be where she is today. I think I've also figured out who the guy in the spandex is - if he says his name is Matsu, then he must be
one of Mika's companions. Pine!
It's going to take a lot to change the future, but it can happen. One reason why I like this show a lot is all the details that went into setting up the dorms. Everyone's room is bursting with character, and if this was a video game, I could easily spend a good hour or so just sorting through their rooms and reading the flavor texts on their belongings. That may have come out wrong. It's for the purpose of solving the mystery.

Buy the game then! :)

Himemiya

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 11-13

So I guess the goddess thing was brought up again, foreshadowing in some kind of substantial way? Either way these eps are kind of fun, the soundtrack is great again.

e_i

I wonder, since they got a Bandai property, Hayate the Combat Butler, they got another, like Gosick, or Nichijou. I think either Hyouka, Gosick, or Nichijou would be great licenses.

Grexeno

EOBvWMB.png

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*Masterbates furiously*
If fucking Sentai gets JoJo I swear......

I wonder, since they got a Bandai property, Hayate the Combat Butler, they got another, like Gosick, or Nichijou. I think either Hyouka, Gosick, or Nichijou would be great licenses.

Hayate is from a different licensor (ShoPro most likely) than the other three you mention. Hyouka, Gosick, and Nichijou are all from Kadokawa.

If fucking Sentai gets JoJo I swear......

Sentai has not licensed from Warner Bros Japan nor has any contact with the NA branch of the company. There is no possible way that they will have anything to do with the JoJo franchise other than dream.

javac

Not watched anything in the last few days, whenever I get into bed to watch something, I just get tired and fall asleep....zzzzz

butts aside another game adaptation directed by Seiji Kishi is a confirmed recipe for garbage.

EDIT: I guess it's not a game adaptation? Either way clearly Humanity Has Declined was a major fluke.

Ninja Slay-YEEART 4
Now with more story told in the most stupidest way possible.
This really turn from a joke to a guilty pleasure of mine.

Arabesque

butts aside another game adaptation directed by Seiji Kishi is a confirmed recipe for garbage.

EDIT: I guess it's not a game adaptation? Either way clearly Humanity Has Declined was a major fluke.

The "trend" with Seiji Kishi is that as long as it is not a game adaptation it usually turns out decent-to-great though, so I don't think Humanity Has Declined counts as a fluke.

I always thought he was a better when handling comedies.

Punch Line - 05

Eh, I'll just drop it now. Sure, I'm moderately interest in the mysteries yet to be solved but now where they're trying to turn up serious drama when that just doesn't work, there's too little to keep going. Some of the super wacky moments are still kinda fun though,

Cornbread78

Etotama ep.5
Why is this show so damn fun to watch? Every week there is something new to see and enjoy. Between the swimsuits, starmarks and "18+Eto show" it made me lmfao. Good stuff for sure.

Cornbread, my post got buried on the last page, but I started Clannad. I'm up to episode 5 (have to stop since today is my mother's bday, got tons to do), but I'm enjoying this a lot.

Midonin

Spice and Wolf II 01-12

Since both halves of this season involved the potential of Holo being taken away from Lawrence, it felt as though she didn't have as much to do in this season. The first season was better in that regard. The show is certainly well made, and the pseudo-European world created for it has a lot to its folklore, quite a bit of it revolving around merchants, though I think that may have to do with the fact that a merchant is the main perspective we see the series from, so that changes things. I can see why it earned the acclaim it did, and I consider it an interesting watch, but I don't think it'll crack the list of my favorite anime. Did help broaden my horizons a little, so that's good.

Cornbread78

Cornbread, my post got buried on the last page, but I started Clannad. I'm up to episode 5 (have to stop since today is my mother's bday, got tons to do), but I'm enjoying this a lot.

Sweet, Season 1 may feel slow at times but even some of the small things are very important to set the groundwork for everything that happens later and in S2. Some of the Tomoya/Sunjohara sidekick stuff is pretty damn funny as well.

And yeah, just follow the arc from S1 and right into S2. There is a fake/fantasy arc at the end of S1, which is fine to watch after S1 as well.

Sweet, Season 1 may feel slow at times but even some of the small things are very important to set the groundwork for everything that happens later and in S2. Some of the Tomoya/Sunjohara sidekick stuff is pretty damn funny as well.
I don't mind it being slow to be honest, this season has me all stocked up on the fast paced stuff. The only other slice of life that I'm watching now is the almighty SNAFU, so more of the genre, and quality stuff too, is welcome. The art in this is actually not putting me away like I thought it would, and the comedic bits are pretty good too. Looking forward to this one!

EOBvWMB.png

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*Masterbates furiously*

Majinbone I hope.

Etotama 5

Never seen an anime character try to remove their own light beam censors. That's like a Gintama joke right there, though if it actually was removed, there'd probably be blood spurting everywhere in that.

Cornbread78

I don't mind it being slow to be honest, this season has me all stocked up on the fast paced stuff. The only other slice of life that I'm watching now is the almighty SNAFU, so more of the genre, and quality stuff too, is welcome. The art in this is actually not putting me away like I thought it would, and the comedic bits are pretty good too. Looking forward to this one!

Oh yeah, soak it in and enjoy. The writing is great even when there is a slow moment, and there is a reason for everything even if you don't realize it until the end of S2, lol. Enjoy!

Etotama 5

Never seen an anime character try to remove their own light beam censors. That's like a Gintama joke right there, though if it actually was removed, there'd probably be blood spurting everywhere in that.

Oh yeah, that was the same pervy cow that was trying to molest the cat last week. The show does a great job of bringing the uniqueness of each character in their interactions. The show is a constant bundle of energy and fun everyweek; well outside of that one Madoka moment, that happened again as a joke this week, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Etotama - 05

Man this was chaotic, but in a fun way. Quite the few references in this too. I believe I managed to spot JoJo (nsfw?), Kill Bill, Senran Kagura? This show is full of surprises.

This show is so much fun. I love parody stuff.

Welcome to AnimeGAF, may I take your order?

Unfortunately, yuri goggles are completely unnecessary in this day and age, so we don't offer them anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't read the LN, but I think they'll keep Reina's (obvious) crush on Taki sensei to a minimum. It's just a gut feeling of mine.

Whats that first yuri scene from?

Yami is a simple test that separates the true shoujo ai fans from the pretenders. That's all.

yami is upper echolon stuff.
as Syrinx so eloquently rated it Elephant oatmeal/10. That rating is accurate.

EOBvWMB.png

*Masterbates furiously*

This could be a lot of things..

Why would someone make a game out of Laplace, Louisiana?

jgminto

Ninja Slayer 4
BUDDHAFUCK!

I had wondered during this and the last episode if the elements related to the Ninja Girl and the Afro Ninja were getting too serious but the combination of the serious elements with the absolute ridiculousness of the Ninja Slayer and the Ninja customs made for a nice mix this episode. It also added some actual excitement to the battles, which is impressive when they look so ridiculous.

Tuck

Yatterman Night - END
Finally got around to finishing the last episode. Just... hadn't felt like it, for a long time.

Show was ok, but the last two episodes should have been a whole other four. Also the stupid stuff like the high school girls jokes and mechs popping out of thin air really brought down the show. Could have been so much better.

Thoraxes

Well, they did say they were working on getting Hayate S2 and didn't have it yet, despite getting season 1 finally.

Domo Ninja Slayer-san 04

Best fight of the season right here. People introducing themselves with explosions behind them is also badass.

YEARRT!

Blonde ninja when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom