• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
100% sure it's Fall 2015.

Let this be a lesson for everyone never to bet against me regarding anything BONES. :p

Would be kinda weird in that Studio A would be putting out two shows this year, and Studio B isn't putting anything out.

Well unless Show by Rock is a Studio B production. trolololol

duckroll

Would be kinda weird in that Studio A would be putting out two shows this year, and Studio B isn't putting anything out.

Well unless Show by Rock is a Studio B production. trolololol

Show by Rock is D Studio. Snow White is C Studio. It's not that weird that A Studio has two shows this year, the schedule might already be better than what they did last year with Noragami -> Soul Eater Not. That was really tight, and SEN turned out to be BONES' most rushed production ever.

B Studio is working on stuff. Just not announced yet.

Clov

It's seeming like Pony Canyon will be handling the BD release of Sound Euphonium in the West. Personally I think that's great; I'll get to have a KyoAni show with great video quality, and probably get a soundtrack included. It'll hurt my wallet, though. Our awful Canadian dollar better recover soon. It makes getting already expensive releases much worse.

Now I just have to hope that the show itself is good.

Jarmel

Banned
Show by Rock is D Studio. Snow White is C Studio. It's not that weird that A Studio has two shows this year, the schedule might already be better than what they did last year with Noragami -> Soul Eater Not. That was really tight, and SEN turned out to be BONES' most rushed production ever.

Well supposedly they're pretty far into BBB, like already finished with 6 or so episodes. So if they were aiming for Fall for Noragami then being so ahead in production makes sense as they would be quickly transitioning from BBB to Noragami.

It's kinda tight but it's certainly better than the shitshow that was last year.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Has Bones worked on any original sci-fi/fantasy concepts recently? I havent really watched a series by them since Xamd. Space Dandy was alright but I only watched 1 episode, lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Has Bones worked on any original sci-fi/fantasy concepts recently? I havent really watched a series by them since Xamd. Space Dandy was alright but I only watched 1 episode, lol.
That Captain Earth show or whatever it was called was original, I think?

Eureka AO is VERY original. lol

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
That Captain Earth show or whatever it was called was original, I think?

Eureka AO is VERY original. lol

Man... I can't imagine how bad AO turned out, I just don't understand why it exists. I'll check out Captain Earth.

Also, is it just me or is it almost impossible to get a sci-fi anime sans mechs nowadays.

Theonik

Man... I can't imagine how bad AO turned out, I just don't understand why it exists. I'll check out Captain Earth.

Also, is it just me or is it almost impossible to get a sci-fi anime sans mechs nowadays.
Have you heard the word of our lord and saviour Space Battleship Yamato 2199?

Vito

Banned
April 1st jokes, noragami:

output.png

mushishi

I'll post more later if someone else doesn't

Great news!
What was the bet between Aqua and Duckroll? What did the loser have to do lol

Why is Ray singing for To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness :( now I have to endure that anime just to hear her one or two songs :(

Do you? You could just listen to the OST!

Do not watch Captain Earth. If you want hard sci-fi mechs watch Knights of Sidonia.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Great news!
What was the bet between Aqua and Duckroll? What did the loser have to do lol

Do you? You could just listen to the OST!

Do not watch Captain Earth. If you want hard sci-fi mechs watch Knights of Sidonia.
I watched Knights of Sidonia, couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I meant I'd appreciate a hardcore sci-fi that doesn't have mechs. Space travel, time travel ect... Anything but mechs and alien invasions.
Best anime news in a while for me. I'd only be happier with more Yozakura Quartet.

Yozakura Quartet is great.

Cornbread78

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 1-3
I'm trying to figure this one out, really cunfusing,
especially with the glowing mobile "Libraries
" What in the heck is going on? The presentation and music is pretty good, but whoever said this one was weird was right and I'm sure I haven;t even scratched the surface yet....

Ok, Ep 4, just made it much worse.....WTF is going on?

I watched Knights of Sidonia, couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I meant I'd appreciate a hardcore sci-fi that doesn't have mechs. Space travel, time travel ect... Anything but mechs and alien invasions.

I definitely recommend Space Battleship Yamato 2199 over almost any sci-fi anime.
Watch Gunbuster if you haven't as well, it deals with hard sci-fi concepts.

It's seeming like Pony Canyon will be handling the BD release of Sound Euphonium in the West. Personally I think that's great; I'll get to have a KyoAni show with great video quality, and probably get a soundtrack included. It'll hurt my wallet, though. Our awful Canadian dollar better recover soon. It makes getting already expensive releases much worse.

Now I just have to hope that the show itself is good.

Lantis is handling the music rights to the show. There is precedent for Pony including a Lantis OST in a release (Hanasaku Iroha movie), but that was for the Japanese release. A NA version would have to have contracts drawn up specifically for the NA version. Additionally, the CFK titles did not include CDs with their Japanese releases (Tamako did, but Pony handled the music for it). They'll include a lot of physical bonuses (and hopefully the entirety of bonus footage on the disc since Sentai is too cheap to license that).

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely recommend Space Battleship Yamato 2199 over almost any sci-fi anime.
Watch Gunbuster if you haven't as well, it deals with hard sci-fi concepts.

Well Yamato's invasion is more of a frame. The series itself is about the journey of the Yamato to save the earth.

I'll check it out. I'm not averse to stories using them, but is done so often and usually done badly.

duckroll

Original Scifi - Star Driver (okay), Eureka Seven AO (bad), Captain Earth (meh), Space Dandy (pretty fun).

Original Fantasy - *crickets*

Read the manga instead.
Will do one day..

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 1-3
I'm trying to figure this one out, really cunfusing,
especially with the glowing mobile "Libraries
" What in the heck is going on? The presentation and music is pretty good, but whoever said this one was weird was right and I'm sure I haven;t even scratched the surface yet....
At this point, just keep going, thinking what the heck is going on is natural.

Yona of the Dawn Ep. 17-25/END S1
Well, this been has been really good so far, full of action and adventure outside of the little lul in the middle. There is a lot of character building built into it as well, however, it really almost does feel like another Harem aime at times though in the way it is presented at time (I'm sure that is on purpose). It was a really stupid way to
introduce the 4th dragon though
you would think they would have spent more time getting there, rather than "poof, I'm here"
It's a shame the series is over for now. Have they officially announced a season 2 or when when they might start airing it? I searches Google, but nothing concrete appeared. There is a lot of room for growth in the series and obviously, they have already started working on the plot line and events with some of the pictures we have seen, as well as the closing monologue to the season.

I'm looking forward to Yona killing the girly man with her hair piece. Also, Yona should heed her father's wish, so she becomes queen and Hak becomes the mighty king.
Hak:
I really feel bad for him so far, he is so conflicted about Sou-Wan, their friendship, the Kings death and esp. his place in Yona's heart as well as his own. Yona doesn't take the time to help him grieve even though he has put his life on the line and almost died for her a couple time now, she is complacent and wavers still, she owes her life to that man, Is she gettign stronger for him as she hints at, or is it for her own dragonic reasons?....
selfish woman..

4th dragon appears just like that in the manga too , his arc happenns naturally . no season 2 annonced , but they could make another season ( there is material for that )
Hak and yona have a long way to go, mostly because they spent too much time together from youth. nursing both their hearts and surviving really take the most of their time. and both just refuse to see the other as something else. (yona is mostly at fault , but i really can't blame her )

Some huge event must happen in orderto shake that current status.

Clov

Lantis is handling the music rights to the show. There is precedent for Pony including a Lantis OST in a release (Hanasaku Iroha movie), but that was for the Japanese release. A NA version would have to have contracts drawn up specifically for the NA version. Additionally, the CFK titles did not include CDs with their Japanese releases (Tamako did, but Pony handled the music for it). They'll include a lot of physical bonuses (and hopefully the entirety of bonus footage on the disc since Sentai is too cheap to license that).

Well, physical bonuses are nice too. Bit disappointing that a CD isn't as likely as I thought, but I'm sure it will be a high quality release.

Cornbread78

Will do one day..

At this point, just keep going, thinking what the heck is going on is natural.

4th dragon appears just like that in the manga too , his arc happenns naturally . no season 2 annonced , but they could make another season ( there is material for that )
Hak and yona have a long way to go, mostly because they spent too much time together from youth. nursing both their hearts and surviving really take the most of their time. and both just refuse to see the other as something else. (yona is mostly at fault , but i really can't blame her )

Some huge event must happen in orderto shake that current status.

Yona: It's just an unfortunate by-product of the long standing relationship like you said. Hopefully, they can make it work in a second season, but there is sooo much left to do, as they move along in the story. I just feel bad for the dude, she's already made up her mind that she is not interested in him that way and it shows, but there are small signs to the contrary, so....

FTNW: Now this is just weird, I just finished ep.6 .
How did Saki assign powers to Satoru?
Was that her Mantra to be able to do that? This is definately an interesting show, now quite what I was thinking when "sci-fi" was mentioned, but just plain weird....

Eureka Seven - up to ep26

So the world building gets stronger as more information concerning the transpars, instability of earth, desperation sickness and overall society are trickling in. Feels like this could be rather well thought out actually...

I'm unfortunately still mostly interested in Renton and Eureka right now and even their craving for each other gets a bit monotone.
Then they reunite this last episode and they still can't utter a fricking "I love you" already? *smh*

The newly introduced pair Charles and Ray seem like pretty good characters. Was certainly refreshing for once seeing Renton be treated like a human being, though the events felt a bit circumstantial.

Holland and rest of crew still grind my gears a bit. I understand that Holland has his reasons for being the asshole he is but at this point it's just so darn one-note and his inaptitude to be nice for a change has also become one of the major aspects to drive the plot forward, instead of doing so more naturally. It's a bit like watching drama etc. occur mostly because of stupid, needless misunderstandings. He also doesn't feel like a good crew leader...like at all.

Overall though, I'm much more invested in the show by now and I'm looking forward the second half. Animation quality is pretty great btw. and there's a lack of crappy CGI models or other noticeable flaws.

Cornbread78

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 4-8
Okay, this one just keeps getting weirder and weirder by the minute. Boy on Boy, girl on girl..... Did the kids really
alter the worlds timeline from their decisions when they were 12?
There is soo many weird things going on in here... ....

Yona: It's just an unfortunate by-product of the long standing relationship like you said. Hopefully, they can make it work in a second season, but there is sooo much left to do, as they move along in the story. I just feel bad for the dude, she's already made up her mind that she is not interested in him that way and it shows, but there are small signs to the contrary, so....
yona is a maiden in her youth , she hasn't decided anything..any push correct executed will make her change her mind , that's my current POV , anyway.
FTNW: Now this is just weird, I just finished ep.6 .
How did Saki assign powers to Satoru?
Was that her Mantra to be able to do that? This is definately an interesting show, now quite what I was thinking when "sci-fi" was mentioned, but just plain weird....
This will be answered later in the anime.

Nisekoimonogatari mock PV reup http://a.pomf.se/xwaoqs.mp4
Please fund this idea

What is Noragami even and why are people getting hyped up for it?

Surprisingly well done Bones adaptation from last year with a made for TV ending that didn't retroactively make the entire series worse (sup Chaika and Soul Eater). Next to Space Dandy it was probably one of their best works in 2014.

Edit : Not that I'm implying that the show is on the level of Space Dandy but it was a surprisingly consistent product when all was said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom