• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As a SAO Expert™©® I can inform you that Kirito Kami isn't a good example of someone who knows how to gamble.

Ji7hYqV.jpg

You really think there is a person alive who would call Kirito's bluff? Nope!

ibyea

Banned
Memories: Stink Bomb
Second part of Memories anthology, this time going more for over the top comedy sci fi. Story is about this guy named Nobuo Tanaka who has a cold and accidentally takes a pill that was a bioweapon creation.
This basically turns him into a walking apocalypse as he emits a gas that kills everything that surrounds him. He gets instructed by some higher up to take the experimental bioweapon to him, who unbeknownst to that bureaucrat, he was the one who took the pill that caused the deaths. The rest is basically over the top action as the military sends everything they have to stop this man who is single handedly accidentally destroying the country. Admittedly this story served to annoy me more than make me laugh because this idiot couldn't take a hint that he was the cause. Which while indeed it is supposed to be funny because he is a thoughtless walking disaster, made me more frustrated than anything. And he remains an idiot until the very end with that dark comedy ending. Despite that, it was really good, super entertaining. And man was that some well animated action as the guy somehow dodged all the missiles from the military with the moped he was riding.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey, it's a legit tactic, lol.
Note the important "always". This means that if he raises the pot you can almost guarantee he has a bad hand. There is a chance he could have a good hand but since this is a game of luck it's fair to say in the long run this tactic would only lead to ruin as bad hands are more likely. You should avoid tells and patterns.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not insane!

If I wanted to watch low quality versions of the show, I would just watch the official streams from CR/Funi/Daisuki/etc. Go big or go home.

You are not insane, you are AWESOME <3

Guys, guys!

Noragami is coming back!

Your hype better have reached the skies!

EDIT: The person above me better be just as hyped.

what exactly is this show about? All I know it has a girl with a tail and thats an excellent start!

I just finished Madoka myself and it really is something to cringe and cry along with..

I'll be starting from a New World thus afternoon, regardless of the artstyle, the story sounds interesting.

I cant wait to see your impressions.

Best anime news in a while for me. I'd only be happier with more Yozakura Quartet.

EDIT: not completely true. i'd be dancing in the streets if a new season of Natsume got announced,

Yes please. More Ao Nanami!

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 1-3
I'm trying to figure this one out, really cunfusing,
especially with the glowing mobile "Libraries
" What in the heck is going on? The presentation and music is pretty good, but whoever said this one was weird was right and I'm sure I haven;t even scratched the surface yet....

Ok, Ep 4, just made it much worse.....WTF is going on?

Heheee....

So, who wants to watch Nisekoimonogatari?

KEMONONODERA HNNNNNNGH
Were that this was real!

Shit, why is this the first time I've heard of Anime Bingo?!

This thread used to have its own bingo card. I dunno why that stopped. Maybe the joke got old.

Not sure if greatest of all time or too much shaft at once.

There is no such thing!

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 4-8
Okay, this one just keeps getting weirder and weirder by the minute. Boy on Boy, girl on girl..... Did the kids really
alter the worlds timeline from their decisions when they were 12?
There is soo many weird things going on in here... ....

Keep going. It gets a lot more twisted than you can imagine!

cajunator

Banned
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World): EP. 9-14
The story is starting to settle down a little bit now, and the whole
timeless age thing is kinda creapy
Looks like Saki will be busy for a long time..... I'm still a little confused on the structure of society now and all the colonies for the differnt species... They hint at minor changes, but do not expound on those....
This is a strange dark one for sure..

Best arc approaching quickly! You are flying through this. Perhaps take some time to let the show sink in. Theres a lot of details.
I had to watch it twice to really grasp the nuances of everything. But man its amazing. The feeling of dread for these characters is what really got me. You feel so helpless watching this play out.

Have there been any good original fantasy anime's at all?

I miss stuff like scrapped princess.

Scrapped Princess was legit. You might like Chaika. At least season 1.

Memories: Stink Bomb
Second part of Memories anthology, this time going more for over the top comedy sci fi. Story is about this guy named Nobuo Tanaka who has a cold and accidentally takes a pill that was a bioweapon creation.
This basically turns him into a walking apocalypse as he emits a gas that kills everything that surrounds him. He gets instructed by some higher up to take the experimental bioweapon to him, who unbeknownst to that bureaucrat, he was the one who took the pill that caused the deaths. The rest is basically over the top action as the military sends everything they have to stop this man who is single handedly accidentally destroying the country. Admittedly this story served to annoy me more than make me laugh because this idiot couldn't take a hint that he was the cause. Which while indeed it is supposed to be funny because he is a thoughtless walking disaster, made me more frustrated than anything. And he remains an idiot until the very end with that dark comedy ending. Despite that, it was really good, super entertaining. And man was that some well animated action as the guy somehow dodged all the missiles from the military with the moped he was riding.

Stink Bomb was hilarious. that whole disc is a treat beginning to end.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, it's been a long time. Hmm, I remember it being okay. If you like Bleach, why not go for it?

I've watched it. Yeats ago. Don't really like Bleach post soil society arc, but whatever.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Best arc approaching quickly! You are flying through this. Perhaps take some time to let the show sink in. Theres a lot of details.
I had to watch it twice to really grasp the nuances of everything. But man its amazing. The feeling of dread for these characters is what really got me. You feel so helpless watching this play out.

Scrapped Princess was legit. You might like Chaika. At least season 1.

Stink Bomb was hilarious. that whole disc is a treat beginning to end.

Chaika was good. Really enjoyed it, hope it gets a s2...

Veitsev

Cajun, Noragami is a bout a small time god named Yato trying to hit the big God time with his dead sidekick that turns into a katana and fightin evil spirits with a girl with a purple monkey soul tail and other dead people that turn into weapons along with other hijinks like dealing with a moe poverty god that loves making people poor and Yato's kinda rival girl that rides a lion into combat wielding an M1911 and a whip while wearing a bikini.

Its real good. Just don't watch the 2nd OVA though. The 1st OVA is awesome but the 2nd one likely takes place after the arc they will be covering in season two. So its rather spoilery.

Its real good. Just don't watch the 2nd OVA though. The 1st OVA is awesome but the 2nd one likely takes place after the arc they will be covering in season two. So its rather spoilery.

On the other hand, the outcome of the upcoming arc as presented in the 2nd OVA should come as a surprise to nobody.

Jarmel

Banned
I remember when I watched episode 26, and I was told that it was supposed to be the really high point of the show. When I saw it for the first time, I was actually underwhelmed. I mean, I thought it was a really good episode, but I didn't know why this particular one was hyped up so much.

Then Jarmel posted this. Seriously, you should give it a read.

When I saw his points there, I began to understand. There were just so many little details in that episode that really made that episode shine for me once I took another look at it.

Shit, I need to rewrite that post and expand on it.

I actually forgot to talk about the lighting in the Holland/Eureka confrontation. The lighting works as a barrier, sort of like a wall, separating the two. There's the cloud color stuff like the Swan is literally introduced in the red cloud signaling danger.
Not to mention the camera uses Eureka's viewpoint in a couple of shots to emphasize her emotional state when she was freefalling.

Edit: haha I actually do have a longer version stored on my Drive where I cover all of this.

ibyea

Banned
I've watched it. Yeats ago. Don't really like Bleach post soil society arc, but whatever.

I don't either. ^_^ Heck, I personally didn't like Soul Society arc that much because of how much of a departure it was to that quirky urban fantasy concept, even if it had some great twists.

I welcome new adaptations of old material.
Even if it isn't Tatsunoko. Will this likely be Toei?

Probably not. The previous Cyborg 009 TV series, which aired in 2001, was handled by two random studios forgotten by time (Japan Vistec and Avex Mode), and was directed by the same director who'll be helming the new anime. The other Cyborg 009 anime since then was Kenji Kamiyama's film at Production I.G. and Sanzigen. Toei may have animated the original TV shows in the 1960s and 70s, but they haven't been involved in the franchise for a while.

I mean I enjoyed bit, but I enjoy popcorn movies too...

No Chaika already has a second season. Its 2 cours. But I guess you wanted more, in which case, I agree with you. Chaika was great even though the pacing was ridiculous towards the final stretch.

Yeeep. Just how that dread slowly creeps up on you. All that tension. So good.

I watched all the Bleach movies and remember pretty much nothing except the Hell Arc would've been better and more cool then whatever we actually got in the manga

It was even kind of set up to happen. I don't remember what happened.

cajunator

Banned
Lol, you will learn a couple of the director's fetishes soon enough, lol.

Welp theres one

No Chaika already has a second season. Its 2 cours. But I guess you wanted more, in which case, I agree with you. Chaika was great even though the pacing was ridiculous towards the final stretch.

Yeeep. Just how that dread slowly creeps up on you. All that tension. So good.

Yeah it just builds and builds and builds. The most unsettling anime in a long time. Absolute fear and dread.

cajunator

Banned
Cross Ange 01

Good world building. Tron everywhere. Space lacrosse. People arent who they seem.
Surprise butt rape?

On to the next thrilling episode!

fertygo

I watched all the Bleach movies and remember pretty much nothing except the Hell Arc would've been better and more cool then whatever we actually got in the manga

It was even kind of set up to happen. I don't remember what happened.

I like the first movie quite a bit, the quest girl was cute and Aqua Timez's ED are godly.

Also at that time I still think Ichigo's Bankai was the hypest thing ever.

Oreca Battle and Dragon Collection 51 [END]
tumblr_niskdqZpiR1u5diq7o1_500.jpg

Well it was a wild ride for a whole year but it was worth it #oreca_dracolle was such a fantastic experience from OLM and etc with all the effects they gave the monster summoning in DraColle especially the details when characters like Shin would jump on the ground and the rocks would crumble as he opens his book to summon his monster, or when Hiro or Rei would summon theirs with fire and water, or even some of the other characters and we see branches and leaves flowing out. For Oreca Battle, the switch motion hitting the arcade disc and the monsters flying all through the air in high speed and other elemental attacks were great.

I loved both series focus on just guts and being determined. Oreca Boys with Orega Fire always have firey determination to get anything done and never giving up. The monsters putting their full faith in him even some antagonists like the early Dante, or the roaming Rock, or initially in first arc Bahn!Even evolving once they reached a high life with Orega Fire or Hero and even Mayuyu. All four Oreca arcs were great, I think Id have the amusement park with Mayuyu's introduction the best one, he was a great addition and the battle was fun and intense with the DJ. Ah I cant forget Scarlet Dragon and Kerogon.

DraColle was good for its vibrant world and hilarious recurring characters like the Meat Pepper Gang, singing Yui, Yut, and some of the bigger antagonists. Traveling the world and collecting orbs are always fun RPGish type elements to stories that are good in anime and with battles, so that was an excellent and familiar plot. The background of the world too with the Drake Lucifer, Platinum Dragon was incredible.

These were the some of the best morning anime Ive seen and showed that card arcade anime have really evolved through the years to have wide reaching fun and deeply interesting stories. Ill miss both on my monday mornings. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom