• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly related, well more that anime gaf will appreciate the reference... sorta.

EU politics being explained on the news this morning.

AJrtGH5.jpg

dRq7nTv.jpg

yup. Not sure if its bad or good that I'm used to these types of explanations on the morning news.

Been rewatching Attack on Titan and I think this thread really ruined me. It's much worse than I remember it being. The hype moments still work though.

Every time the Armored Titan theme pops up, I need to go run at max speed and throw boulders. Shit gets me so hype.

Hello, my name is Gaara.

And I'm currently in a pickle right now.

There's a chain in my stomach that is slowly taking out the tailed beast from within me that would result in my unceremonious death.

But don't worry, I'll be alright.

Yes, I didn't try using my strongest shield to block or bothered to dodge the attack that's doing this to me.

Yes, I told 3 people to run away even though they could have provided distractions for me to try and make a counterattack.

And yes, I didn't notify anyone that I would escape the guarded office that everyone told me I should stay inside because I thought it would be a good idea to ignore them and leave.

Why, you may ask is the reason for my confidence?

Simple.

Because this is filler.

And I have immunity.

Which sadly can't be said for the bug girl lying on the ground 3 feet away from me.

Been rewatching Attack on Titan and I think this thread really ruined me. It's much worse than I remember it being. The hype moments still work though.

The biggest problem I had with Attack on Titan is that the show has events and even episodes that the runtime could or should have been reduced. In particular, the show just grinds to a halt after Trost for 6 episodes and it could have easily been condensed to 3. I still liked it but I'm really hoping
in vain
that Season 2 doesn't have the same problem.

Pffft, al this Hyouka talk is triggering bad memories again.

- No Hyouka 5th novel adaptation
- No Nichijou S2
- No K-on! S3

Curse you Kyoani...

Cornbread78

So GAF... My buddy here at work asked me what the dirtiest and lewdest anime is that is available on Crunchyroll or Netflix since he streams it to his PS3 (the Hulu app requires a sub+) Ge's watching Hunter x Hunter right now, but was looking for something a little different to stream through the PS3 only.

He likes action flicks, adventures and/or comedies. I have no idea what to say other than Sekirei, which he already watched. He's really not a perv, but wanted to know what is out there, lol. (He said he's watched Freezing as well) so fanservice away.

Thanks ya'll for your recs.

The biggest problem I had with Attack on Titan is that the show has events and even episodes that the runtime could or should have been reduced. In particular, the show just grinds to a halt after Trost for 6 episodes and it could have easily been condensed to 3. I still liked it but I'm really hoping
in vain

Season 2 will be much worse, it's guaranteed if we go by the events that occurred in the manga. The pacing will definitely be negatively affected.

Narag

in vain

I'm actually curious if the compilation movies fix things.

So GAF... My buddy here at work asked me what the dirtiest and lewdest anime is that is available on Crunchyroll or Netflix since he streams it to his PS3 (the Hulu app requires a sub+) Ge's watching Hunter x Hunter right now, but was looking for something a little different to stream through the PS3 only.

He likes action flicks, adventures and/or comedies. I have no idea what to say other than Sekirei, which he already watched. He's really not a perv, but wanted to know what is out there, lol. (He said he's watched Freezing as well) so fanservice away.

A friend... Sure ;)

Pffft, al this Hyouka talk is triggering bad memories again.

- No Hyouka 5th novel adaptation
- No Nichijou S2
- No K-on! S3

Curse you Kyoani...

When will KyoAni ever go back to adapting Full Metal Panic to get rid of this moe plague.

Yeah never.😌

Hyouka/Nichijou/Full Metal Panic all have IP ownership by the Kadokawa group (Shoten for the first two and Fujimi Shobo for the latter). If those companies wanted new seasons for those shows, they'd be made.

It's the same for K-On!, but for TBS instead. The producer for those works has moved up in the TBS company, so it's unlikely he would want to make any more anime following the series. Additionally, the company is promoting the anniversary of the series with merchandise and the BD-Boxes, which means they're making a lot of money with few expenses compared to another season.

Kyoto Animation has no role in the decision to make more of these outside of scheduling (which is why Amagi got made). It irks me to see the studio blamed when it's other companies people should target instead (and show financial support like importing the FMP BD-Box set which has the dub).

I'm still really looking forward to the next season of AoT but damn if the last 2 WIT shows don't shake my expectations somewhat. Well, I'll just hope the right director and Production IG can deliver. The budget would also simply have to be much higher... hpe the production isn't rushed though.

Hyouka/Nichijou/Full Metal Panic all have IP ownership by the Kadokawa group (Shoten for the first two and Fujimi Shobo for the latter). If those companies wanted new seasons for those shows, they'd be made.

This is some pretty good info, thanks. Is there any official reason given why they don't want more seasons for those shows? Nichijou I can understand but I don't know about the others.

Cowboy Bebop 03

Faye's character introduction and development in one episode was fantastic. Start the episode with a shoot out, insult her captors and steal from the fridge before escaping. How Spike handled the chip was interesting as well. Rather than hand it over for someone to misuse he passes it off as a normal poker chip, never to be found again. The cigarette eating was a bit much, I guess Spike likes to swallow.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Punchline Episode 5:

Ah yes, the veneer of random comedy has pretty much peeled away unfortunately what is left is not as interesting as this series would have me think.

Cornbread78

A friend... Sure ;)

Lol, after what I've been watching? No question it's for him, lol. Besides, I don't mind it when it is done in a mature way, ala, Ef-Tale of Memories, etc. It's completely absent from most shows though. He was looking for something "different" to watch, but yeah, he's curious, lol. Plus, he's like 10 yrs younger than me, so a different mindset..

This is some pretty good info, thanks. Is there any official reason given why they don't want more seasons for those shows? Nichijou I can understand but I don't know about the others.

FMP's main novel series is over and it's unlikely any new adaptation will move novels, meaning it'd be more dependent on disc sales (which is always a huge risk in the market). Amagi had room to grow, so Kadokawa had no problems greenlighting production there (and TBS helped fund it too).

Hyouka's author writes the Kotenbu series on the side from his other projects and the main series adapted 4 of the 5 published novels. Nothing new to promote, no reason to adapt more.

ibyea

Banned
Season 2 will be much worse, it's guaranteed if we go by the events that occurred in the manga. The pacing will definitely be negatively affected.

Oh man. Even though I liked Attack on Titan, its pacing was definitely a huge negative, and now it's going to be worse.

Oh man. Even though I liked Attack on Titan, its pacing was definitely a huge negative, and now it's going to be worse.
Yup I've been reading the manga since the show ended and idk how I feel about it. It releases monthly, so I tend to forget what happened. Then the pacing became weird too. Things seem to be picking up now, but I think that when the eventual anime releases, folks are going to be disappointed.

DEATH™

Golden Boy

Cornbread78

If you're really serious about this...Recently, My Sister Is Unusual is the other name for it.

Yeah, he is serious. He doesn't watch too much anime but wanted some ideas of stuff out there that is "out there" lol. Heck, if it's not "loli" stuff, I might check it out after the other old series in my queue, lol. Oh, if it's halfway decent to watch, let me know that too so he can prioitize.

jgminto

Whenever I see somebody watching ImoCho I add:

☑ Urination Fetish
☑ Holding in Pee Fetish
☑ Chastity Belt Fetish

to your profiles and send them to the NSA.

cajunator

Banned

Queens Blade ;)

I try to believe but as long as there is moe in this world Full Metal Panic will never see the day of light. This is something we as fans must suffer through.

Uhhhhhm.....
err..

Cowboy Bebop 03

Faye's character introduction and development in one episode was fantastic. Start the episode with a shoot out, insult her captors and steal from the fridge before escaping. How Spike handled the chip was interesting as well. Rather than hand it over for someone to misuse he passes it off as a normal poker chip, never to be found again. The cigarette eating was a bit much, I guess Spike likes to swallow.

Wait till you get a bit further. When Cowboy Bebop is good it is phenomenal. Jupiter Jazz is my favorite.
Youll also find out where MadP gets his name.

Cornbread78

If you're really serious about this...Recently, My Sister Is Unusual is the other name for it.

Is it straight garbage with lots of fanservice? Or decent?

DEATH™;163116082 said:
Golden Boy
Any good?

That's what is in the first episode. I ain't mad enough to expose myself to more damage.

It wasn't on Crunchyroll, but it sounds bad, like horribly bad, like I don't think I should pass that one along bad.

Queens Blade ;)

Netflix I assume? I can't check because I don't subscribe.

Thanks guys. That's a good benchmark to start for him.

Sounds like he would enjoy Highschool of the Dead even though its not available on either one.

Anyway, just say Demon King Daimao and Kill La Kill for now.

Maybe Shokugeki no Soma if he's willing to watch something that's airing.

Is it straight garbage with lots of fanservice? Or decent?

It. Was. SHIT.

And I say this as someone who loves fanservice.

Any good?

Yes, now go and watch it yourself.

Then watch it in the other language you didn't choose first (Dub/Sub)

And then tell your pal to watch it.

Because it was damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom