• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboy Bebop 04

d0S8Qxml.png

I was gasping and yelling at the screen the whole time Spike was playing with that thing. When he took his gun out I nearly lost it. The hyperspace interaction bit at the end was weird but it's sci-fi so I'll just shrug its plausibility off. Faye is great once again, hopefully she becomes part of the main cast soon.

cajunator

Banned
Is it straight garbage with lots of fanservice? Or decent?

Any good?

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Cornbread78

Do not watch it. Just don't. Only if you're compelled by evil robots should you even attempt it.
It is on CR but I'm not going to link it here.

So the sister one is for him only and it's garbage, got it..
hell no on that "ino" crap, I'm not that cruel and he's not that twisted a person, lol.

It is on CR, but yes, you should not pass that along.

Also Golden Boy is amazing.

Got it, I won't.

Is Golden Boy, legit good?

Theres another show with watersports called Juden chan but at least it is really cute otherwise and watchable.
Lots of watersports in that on in addition to all the other ecchi stuff going on.

But I agree its watchable if you're a person who likes or doesn't mind ecchi.

Cornbread78

I haven't seen it yet, but people really like it here.

Watch it dubbed though.

On another note, have you seen Accel World? If you like SAO, then I think you'd really enjoy that. It's even from the same author!

I've heard the whole series pretty good, but I only saw S1 because it's available on the official website for the anime. Like pig avatar, lol. I haven't seen the rest of it being steamed anywhere else though.

I've heard the whole series pretty good, but I only saw S1 because it's available on the official website for the anime. Like pig avatar, lol. I haven't seen the rest of it being steamed anywhere else though.

The whole show is available on Hulu.

EDIT: Oh wait, did you watch all 24 episodes? I thought you were referring to only the first half of the show, lol.

Baalzebup

There is only one season of Accel World as of now. More material in the LNs as usual, but only one season animated.

Punchline Episode 5
CEcn6jqUkAAwawK.jpg

Please dont die ito.

Still one of the most interesting narratives of the season. Actually one of the few shows this season that keeps be glued to the screen as much as buddyfight, seraph of the end, cfvanguard g, and yugioh arc-v keep me. Definitely will rewatch it all in one go once it ends.

I love that Cinnamon and also Yutas plan.

Jintor

Cowboy Bebop 04

I was gasping and yelling at the screen the whole time Spike was playing with that thing. When he took his gun out I nearly lost it. The hyperspace interaction bit at the end was weird but it's sci-fi so I'll just shrug its plausibility off. Faye is great once again, hopefully she becomes part of the main cast soon.

I really love that Spike can richochet wildly between 'absurdly competent cool action guy' and 'goofy lug', often within the same scene

Jintor

I guess i need another healing anime after Yama no Susume, any suggestions? Already watched Non Non Biyori s1 which was the closest.

I hear Usagi Drop is pretty decent. Barakmon also? I'm limited mainly to Crunchy, maybe Netflix.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh man, the lyrics for this almost drove me insane.

Nothing tops this remix of the intro tho.

Dem feels homie

Welcome to AnimeGAF, may I take your order?

Unfortunately, yuri goggles are completely unnecessary in this day and age, so we don't offer them anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I wouldn't worry about it. I haven't read the LN, but I think they'll keep Reina's (obvious) crush on Taki sensei to a minimum. It's just a gut feeling of mine.

Sources on both PLEASE!

Dat ass? I don't know to be sure...

DUDE SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED FMP IN MY LIFE AGAIN!

It's time to introduce Cornbread to ImoCho.

I thought everyone hated that show? I dropped it after the first few minutes just like ISUCA cause of how bad it was.

Cowboy Bebop 05

What was this? Am I in heaven? The music, the cinematography, the choreography. Incredible. Vicious was a little stereotypical anime bad guy but the episode as a whole was fantastic.

You just started watching cowboy bebop? You are gonna be in for a fucking ride.

PK Gaming

Dem feels homie

Sources on both PLEASE!

The first anime is Re-Kan

It's about a girl who can see ghosts, her tsundere friend and some randos nobody really cares about. Basically, the MC definitely wants a piece of that tsundere pie, and everyone (dad, ghosts, cat, etc) seems to ship them together.

It's decent.

The second anime is Show By Rock

It's... well, really difficult to describe. I guess it's about four animal-themed girls who form a rock band in a magical music city, but doesn't do much to accurately describe it. Best to just watch the first episode, because it basically speaks for itself. The twin-tails girl has the hots for the MC btw.

I like it, but your mileage may vary on this one.

Himemiya

Punchline:
5 eps are out and I thought I'd ask, how is this show animation-wise? Was the sakuga as frontloaded as some expected?

Also...
I guess i need another healing anime after Yama no Susume, any suggestions? Already watched Non Non Biyori s1 which was the closest.

I hear Usagi Drop is pretty decent. Barakmon also? I'm limited mainly to Crunchy, maybe Netflix.
Sora no Woto.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The first anime is Re-Kan

It's about a girl who can see ghosts, her tsundere friend and some randos nobody really cares about. Basically, the MC definitely wants a piece of that tsundere pie, and everyone (dad, ghosts, cat, etc) seems to ship them together.

It's decent.

The second anime is Show By Rock

It's... well, really difficult to describe. I guess it's about four animal-themed girls who form a rock band in a magical music city, but doesn't do much to accurately describe it. Best to just watch the first episode, because it basically speaks for itself. The twin-tails girl has the hots for the MC btw.

I like it, but your mileage may vary on this one.

Show by Rock =/= Etotama?

Watch Barakamon if you can, such a great heartwarming anime. Plus all the children in the anime are actually voiced by actual children.

Cornbread78

The whole show is available on Hulu.

EDIT: Oh wait, did you watch all 24 episodes? I thought you were referring to only the first half of the show, lol.

There is only one season of Accel World as of now. More material in the LNs as usual, but only one season animated.

I just saw the very first episode with the little pig avatar, then his new avarar, and the girl he meets at school, etc. It is available on the official website.

Crap, I just watched Clannad on Hulu, and I didn't even think to check for Accel World there.

Cornbread78

Fuck, too much anime. I have to watch Euphonium too... What's Etotama about again? I thought both were the same since they involved cats lol

Watch Etotama! It's not great at anything, but it such a damn fun show to watch. Cajun approved I believe, lol. Fun, frantic, fast and cute.

Oh, there is a cat, dog, sheep, bird, rat, horse, snake etc.

duckroll

Animator Expo #21 - Iconic Field

This was really fun, especially for those with a weakness for mecha. It's a superb homage to 90s mecha OVAs and movies, done in the style of a pilot film. Non-linear editing, packed to the brim with cool scenes, flashbacks, one-liners filled with jargon, etc. Great designs, great animation, great backgrounds, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, great to look at.

Reminded me a ton of the Five Star Stories movie. Lol.

chiimisu

Yes, you should. Make sure to watch the Japanese version with English subtitles, as the English dub of Digimon is one of the worst ever created.

The original Adventure holds up quite well and is one of the best kids shows of its time. The best watch order would be Adventure (movie) - Adventure (series) - Our War Game. The sequel, Adventure 02, can be skipped unless you really want to brave it.

Also at the very least watch Digimon Tamers and Savers (both are stand alone). They're both excellent shows.

That's kind of a hard question. Digimon was an above average toy commercial with some occasional great episodes (namely Mamoru Hosoda's episode). Whether or not you find that to be worth your time in 2015 is really up to you. I'd recommend at least checking it out to see how you feel, ideally in the uncut Japanese.

The only things that I can say are truly worthy of anyone's time is the Hosoda episode and the movie he directed.

Watch Digimon Tamers and Data Squad. Skip the rest.

It's a bit late, but thank you guys!

I'll probably go with Adventure 1->Hosoda movie->Tamers. Maybe I'll watch something else from the series later. Frontier, Savers and Xros Wars look pretty meh, so most likely I won't even bother with them. Adventure 2 too, I guess it'll be retconned with Tri?

Cornbread78

Kill la Kill ep.7
Alright, now we're talking Mako, I want more of that look, lol. Seriously though, really good episode since it showed some emotion for once, it (story) made sense, and it opens your eyes more to the way the school hierarchy works. Did I mention Mako was awesome in this one? Excellant.

It's a bit late, but thank you guys!

I'll probably go with Adventure 1->Hosoda movie->Tamers. Maybe I'll watch something else from the series later. Frontier, Savers and Xros Wars look pretty meh, so most likely I won't even bother with them. Adventure 2 too, I guess it'll be retconned with Tri?

Who knows if 02 will be retconned or not, but I'm guessing not.

As far as Savers goes, I personally think it's pretty strong. It starts out a little slow, but after it finds its footing it's a pretty enjoyable series with a pretty engaging plot. I'd recommend it after Adventure and Tamers.

Frontier is completely skippable. (Fuck that show)

chiimisu

Who knows if 02 will be retconned or not, but I'm guessing not.

As far as Savers goes, I personally think it's pretty strong. It starts out a little slow, but after it finds its footing it's a pretty enjoyable series with a pretty engaging plot. I'd recommend it after Adventure and Tamers.

Frontier is completely skippable. (Fuck that show)

Hmmm... Well, I'll consider watching Savers later too, then. Thanks again!

Tuck

Kill la Kill ep.7
Alright, now we're talking Mako, I want more of that look, lol. Seriously though, really good episode since it showed some emotion for once, it (story) made sense, and it opens your eyes more to the way the school hierarchy works. Did I mention Mako was awesome in this one? Excellant.

Mako is perfection.

NeoForte

Man Ninja Slayer is getting better and better with every episode. Are my Yuri goggles on too tight or are Koki and Asari kinda a bit close for friends (as they said)? Also *ahem*... YEEEAAART!

I want that crab they had in the Karaoke Bar :(

Also Cornbread, I forgot to mention... this was my reaction every time you got further in Clannad. I imagine this is going to be your reaction watching other people watching the show for the first time too...

1SwHceA.gif

From the New World 01

Non-linear story telling hmm... The premise seems interesting enough but I'm not sure about the art style. The mythos scene was interesting from an artistic standpoint.

Cornbread78

Also Cornbread, I forgot to mention... this was my reaction every time you got further in Clannad. I imagine this is going to be your reaction watching other people watching the show for the first time too...

1SwHceA.gif

Lol, I can imagine. Such a ride. I'm actually really glad I was able to marathon those last episodes together for the best effect as well leaving all those feels lingering would have been rough. There is another Gaffer that just finished 1-5, so it will be fun reading him going through it as I did. I'm going to hsve to give Kanon a shot soon as well now, lol. Thanks again.

See:
Clannad episode 9
Man the feels are creeping up already and I'm still so early in the show.

Let us all remember Fuko-chan. :'(

All in the ebs and flows of life man.
Ok, she is awesome and cute, a Cajun special! never forget.

Damn, I almost said the wrong thing, I have to be careful, lol.

Cornbread78

From the New World 01

Non-linear story telling hmm... The premise seems interesting enough but I'm not sure about the art style. The mythos scene was interesting from an artistic standpoint.

Oh man, you're just now watching this one? This one is so deep in so many directions and you are still learning until the end. It's really well written as you can tell. Music is really good too!

Clannad episode 9
Man the feels are creeping up already and I'm still so early in the show.

Let us all remember Fuko-chan. :'(

Oh man. This is gonna be great. The Clannad fanbase is ever expanding and always welcoming. :)

Lol, I can imagine. Such a ride. I'm actually really glad I was able to marathon those last episodes together for the best effect as well leaving all those feels lingering would have been rough. There is another Gaffer that just finished 1-5, so it will be fun reading him going through it as I did. I'm going to hsve to give Kanon a shot soon as well now, lol. Thanks again.

See:

I cannot stress how important the bolded is. It is very important that you watch the last several episodes so that way everything is fresh in your mind and it can keep building the great ending.

Man I should really rewatch some Key shows again. Air, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats... and pretty soon Charlotte. :,)

See:
Yup this gaffer would be me aha. Been watching anime for quite a while but never watched Clannad, I'm working on changing that thanks to our friend Cornbread78 and the journey that he shared with us all. This show is going to play with my heart. I just know it... Aside from that, so far:

Oh man. This is gonna be great. The Clannad fanbase is ever expanding and always welcoming. :)
I cannot stress how important the bolded is. It is very important that you watch the last several episodes so that way everything is fresh in your mind and it can keep building the great ending.
Man I should really rewatch some Key shows again. Air, Kanon, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats... and pretty soon Charlotte. :,)
I'm really glad that I can marathon this, so far it's been great! Of the ones you mentioned, I've only watched Angel Beats, and good god was that one amazing. I may have to check out their other works after I finish Clannad.

Ezalc

Been a while since I've stepped into this thread, but I need some help guys. Which anime are these two gifs from? Besides you know, boobs, the animation looks really great.

tumblr_no0gp0AyLK1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

tumblr_no0g9z9dbC1r3rdh2o2_540.gif

Oh man, you're just now watching this one? This one is so deep in so many directions and you are still learning until the end. It's really well written as you can tell. Music is really good too!

I thought I'd try to make a dent in my backlog today. I have the From the New World Blu-ray sitting next to my Bebop so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Been a while since I've stepped into this thread, but I need some help guys. Which anime are these two gifs from? Besides you know, boobs, the animation looks really great.

[breasts]

Animator Expo #21 - Iconic Field

This was really fun, especially for those with a weakness for mecha. It's a superb homage to 90s mecha OVAs and movies, done in the style of a pilot film. Non-linear editing, packed to the brim with cool scenes, flashbacks, one-liners filled with jargon, etc. Great designs, great animation, great backgrounds, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, great to look at.

Reminded me a ton of the Five Star Stories movie. Lol.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Watch Etotama! It's not great at anything, but it such a damn fun show to watch. Cajun approved I believe, lol. Fun, frantic, fast and cute.

Oh, there is a cat, dog, sheep, bird, rat, horse, snake etc.

idk one has music in it or some shit

anime

i9DJvVFwDF5ax.png

tumblr_no0gp0AyLK1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

tumblr_no0g9z9dbC1r3rdh2o2_540.gif

Second. Pls give names ;_;

These animations are just beautiful... WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS LIKE WE DID IN THE 90'S?!?!?! IS EVERYTHING TURNING INTO A BURNING HEAP OF CRAPPY 3-D MODELS AND NO ONE PUTTING EFFORTS INTO FRAMES ANYMORE?! I can see why people don't feel like watching anime anymore since the 90's was the peak for it. Now its just shitty animations and people trying to hop on the idol train.
I am no slayer of waifufiends damn it!

Squishy3

i9DJvVFwDF5ax.png

Second. Pls give names ;_;

These animations are just beautiful... WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS LIKE WE DID IN THE 90'S?!?!?! IS EVERYTHING TURNING INTO A BURNING HEAP OF CRAPPY 3-D MODELS AND NO ONE PUTTING EFFORTS INTO FRAMES ANYMORE?! I can see why people don't feel like watching anime anymore since the 90's was the peak for it. Now its just shitty animations and people trying to hop on the idol train.
I am no slayer of waifufiends damn it!
It was already posted dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom