• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only reason I can think about for the endless 8 to be done.
Everything on Haruhi show is kinda weird. That's why it is so awesome.

Dont forget to post your impressions of the season end and the movie when you watch them!

July 2007: Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 episode list:
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Endless Eight
Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya I
Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II
Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III
Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya II
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya III
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya V
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VII

Between July-December, the decision was made to move 7 episodes of Disappearance into its own movie instead of the second season. There needed to be 7 episodes to replace that content and the stories chronologically after Disappearance need it in context to understand the stories, so nothing from the novel can be used. Tanigawa could not write 7 episodes of original content.

Thus the "New Animation" episode list became:
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Endless Eight I
Endless Eight II
Endless Eight III
Endless Eight IV
Endless Eight V
Endless Eight VI
Endless Eight VII
Endless Eight VIII

and aired in conjunction with the 14 original episodes in chronological order to complete a season. This re-airing was done to both alleviate much of the anger over 8 Endless Eight episodes and to put Haruhi's actions in Sigh in perspective.

Much of the Western fandom watched the show illegally and as such only watched the new episodes without putting them into context of the timeline. This is why Haruhi is disliked by a lot of people (being the cause of Endless Eight and the content of Sigh does not focus on her growth as a character after Sigh). This is why anyone who recommends "broadcast order" is a moron at this point who wishes for the new person to hate Haruhi and be tormented by the series instead of having it make sense chronologically and end with the movie as was intended. The entire series was meant to be watched out of order in 2006; we're 9 years away from that and a new order has been made which has been strictly followed in Japan, excluding one BD-Box which only had those episodes, ever since. Still, there are people who refuse to accept that because "it's not how I watched it!"

In short, Endless Eight was the only story that could fill 7 episodes worth of content in 2009 and so it was extended. Western fans are dumb for only looking at it as a "second season" (which Bandai, the licensor in 2010, didn't help by calling it such). Even Kadokawa's CEO, Inoue, responded "Haruhi S3? Don't we have to make a S2 first?" in response to the standard "Haruhi S3 please!" tweets.

TUSR

Banned
Not yet; most here seem to really like it so I'll marathon it once the season ends.

Question on those CR times, what time zone ate those based on? They always are off from actual CR releases where I am.

Its in the OP.

Albeit, almost hidden

Legend:
Show - Streamer - Time(PST)

Which is now making me consider moving it.

Edit: I only ever had PST on there because of late night shows being the next day on EST and didn't want it to wrap into two days. And a majority of the shows are on CR, and it lists them as PDT.

javac

Media Blasters releasing Kite Collection on Aug 11th and Ladies Versus Butlers on Aug 25th.
MrARuX5.png

ZQkH1Kb.png
I remember hearing about Kite all those years ago, and thought that the mature nature of it was one of violence, typical little girl with guns shooting shit, but that thing is pretty much hentai. Fucking weird ass series. I guess it has its following, but 100% not for me. No idea what the other show is, but also not for me to say the least :p

Cornbread78

Its in the OP.

Albeit, almost hidden

Which is now making me consider moving it.

Edit: I only ever had PST on there because of late night shows being the next day on EST and didn't want it to wrap into two days. And a majority of the shows are on CR, and it lists them as PDT.

Yup, I missed that as well.
Ok, I'm in est., so now it all makes sense why I'm waiting each week, lol

Zephyx

SNAFU S2 6

I'm starting to convince myself that any girl other than Yukino is a better fit for Hachiman when the story ends. Great stuff as always. The uneasiness between the characters is well-portrayed. Also, Iroha best girl. :p

Jex

Even if you are joking (as has been demonstrated some times before in this thread, I can never quite tell anymore), I have to agree. The male gaze and the way the scenes were strung together made me uncomfortable and a bit sad, because it didn't seem like they took away the same things that I did from the sort of material that inspired this production (not saying that I encourage group think; just that I get the feeling of past strengths going unnoticed and thus unutilized) .

The sound editing was pretty bad as well.
Oh, I'm quite serious.

cajunator

Banned
Idolm@ster 3 & 4

I like the shifting focus among the cast. And Producer-san is always fun.

I think I'll appreciate this more now.

This is even better use of Ante Up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDu-2h8ZDhI

Some Eupho magazine scans:
Dem summer uniforms

I approve of this highly.

Cowboy Bebop 04

I was gasping and yelling at the screen the whole time Spike was playing with that thing. When he took his gun out I nearly lost it. The hyperspace interaction bit at the end was weird but it's sci-fi so I'll just shrug its plausibility off. Faye is great once again, hopefully she becomes part of the main cast soon.

It gets way better than that. This show has incredible highs. Its also hilarious sometimes and heartbreaking in others. You wont soon forget it.

some professional league of legends player has @madpierrot on twitter. what a waste

They will never be as great as you my friend.

There is only one season of Accel World as of now. More material in the LNs as usual, but only one season animated.

Unfortunate. Theres enough there for a S2 I think. I would love to see more.

I guess i need another healing anime after Yama no Susume, any suggestions? Already watched Non Non Biyori s1 which was the closest.

I hear Usagi Drop is pretty decent. Barakmon also? I'm limited mainly to Crunchy, maybe Netflix.

Usagi Drop is heartwarming soul food. It feels incredibly great to watch it.

I just saw the very first episode with the little pig avatar, then his new avarar, and the girl he meets at school, etc. It is available on the official website.

Crap, I just watched Clannad on Hulu, and I didn't even think to check for Accel World there.

You need to watch Accel World

Watch Etotama! It's not great at anything, but it such a damn fun show to watch. Cajun approved I believe, lol. Fun, frantic, fast and cute.

Oh, there is a cat, dog, sheep, bird, rat, horse, snake etc.

If you enjoy zodiac stuff, Fruits Basket is a must watch. Seriously.

Been a while since I've stepped into this thread, but I need some help guys. Which anime are these two gifs from? Besides you know, boobs, the animation looks really great.

tumblr_no0gp0AyLK1r3rdh2o1_540.gif

tumblr_no0g9z9dbC1r3rdh2o2_540.gif

The animation honestly looks clunky and unnatural. Maybe thats just the gifs, but its so jerky.

Mabufu

Banned
July 2007: Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 episode list:
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Endless Eight
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya I
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya II
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya III
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya V
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya VII

Between July-December, the decision was made to move 7 episodes of Disappearance into its own movie instead of the second season. There needed to be 7 episodes to replace that content and the stories chronologically after Disappearance need it in context to understand the stories, so nothing from the novel can be used. Tanigawa could not write 7 episodes of original content.

Thus the "New Animation" episode list became:
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
Endless Eight I
Endless Eight II
Endless Eight III
Endless Eight IV
Endless Eight V
Endless Eight VI
Endless Eight VII
Endless Eight VIII

and aired in conjunction with the 14 original episodes in chronological order to complete a season. This re-airing was done to both alleviate much of the anger over 8 Endless Eight episodes and to put Haruhi's actions in Sigh in perspective.

Much of the Western fandom watched the show illegally and as such only watched the new episodes without putting them into context of the timeline. This is why Haruhi is disliked by a lot of people (being the cause of Endless Eight and the content of Sigh does not focus on her growth as a character after Sigh). This is why anyone who recommends "broadcast order" is a moron at this point who wishes for the new person to hate Haruhi and be tormented by the series instead of having it make sense chronologically and end with the movie as was intended. The entire series was meant to be watched out of order in 2006; we're 9 years away from that and a new order has been made which has been strictly followed in Japan, excluding one BD-Box which only had those episodes, ever since. Still, there are people who refuse to accept that because "it's not how I watched it!"

In short, Endless Eight was the only story that could fill 7 episodes worth of content in 2009 and so it was extended. Western fans are dumb for only looking at it as a "second season" (which Bandai, the licensor in 2010, didn't help by calling it such). Even Kadokawa's CEO, Inoue, responded "Haruhi S3? Don't we have to make a S2 first?" in response to the standard "Haruhi S3 please!" tweets.

Thank you for the info : D
Never knew any of that.

I always say to people that if they watch Haruhi (I didnt get any of my friends to do so, that's sad) watch it in chronological order, so they dont get confused, since it's easier to follow. If someone worries about e8, there's nothing wrong on watching 3 episodes and move on.

Anyways, I've seen it in chronological order, with all 8 episodes of e8, and I love the show : / I dont get why you say that chronological order makes people hate it.

Jintor

i like broadcast order, but ending chronologically on 'someday in the rain' is perfect; it's an incredible little low-key coda to the series.

Mendrox

Thank you for the info : D
Never knew any of that.

I always say to people that if they watch Haruhi (I didnt get any of my friends to do so, that's sad) watch it in chronological order, so they dont get confused, since it's easier to follow. If someone worries about e8, there's nothing wrong on watching 3 episodes and move on.

Anyways, I've seen it in chronological order, with all 8 episodes of e8, and I love the show : / I dont get why you say that chronological order makes people hate it.

How could somebody waste so much time with endless eight? I mean.. okay every episode was animated differently, but it was still a big waste of time.

I still remember the summer back then and the sudden threads in every forum how there is gonna be a new episode of Haruhi... it was a big surprise and then this shit came. I still hate KyoAni for this. How can anybody think that this was okay at all? The payoff wasn't even worth it. Watching them simultan is funny though.

Mabufu

Banned
How could somebody waste so much time with endless eight? I mean.. okay every episode was animated differently, but it was still a big waste of time.

I still remember the summer back then and the sudden threads in every forum how there is gonna be a new episode of Haruhi... it was a big surprise and then this shit came. I still hate KyoAni for this. How can anybody think that this was okay at all? The payoff wasn't even worth it. Watching them simultan is funny though.

In that time when I watched it... I HAD TIME T_T Now I dont and I'm sad.

But now that I remember, the first time I watched it, it was on youtube and there was only 3 episodes of it. I had no clue about that having 8 eps in reality.

Then I liked it, and when I rewatched it from a fansub, I told myself that like a true fan I HAD TO watch every of them. No regrets : D

Myth: the "new animation" of Haruhi in 2009 wasn't promoted. There was suddenly a new episode out of nowhere.
Reality: There were several magazines promoting the new series and pointing out that there were 28 episodes from the very beginning. Since these were in Japanese, most western fans were ignorant of these resources and chose to believe the myth instead.

Endless Eight was literally the only solution to the issue of removing 7 episodes. Tanigawa wasn't capable of writing new episodes and there wasn't any stock stories left to animate. The production committee had already pledged funds and made plans for other things (discs, music discs, related print publications, etc), so there had to be 14 episodes made. It was a decision by all involved (Kadokawa's producer Ito, director Ishihara, series director Takemoto, original author/series composition assistant Tanigawa), so blaming "KyoAni" for it is pure ignorance of the situation. It was all a big promotion leading up to the movie which was released 5 months later.

antibolo

Banned
Wow this is all pretty interesting, I had no idea about all this. All this time I genuinely thought that Endless Eight was all just a massive troll but now it makes perfect sense.

Jintor

well they had to pass it off as art to make it halfway acceptable. and make no mistake - it was. art as a consequence of pragmatism, certainly, but still

anyway

man wouldn't cardcaptors in high school be cool?

cajunator

Banned
From the New World 02-05

That was quite the info dump in episode 4. The exposition was handled quite well and the imagery that accompanied the narrative kept it from ever getting boring. It was mostly flash backs of scenes that alluded the distant past but it brought everything together into a cohesive narrative. It's well done non-linear story telling and I applaud the writer and director for it.

I have a few issues with the chase scene through the tunnels in episode 5. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is going on as flashy explosions get in the way of what the characters are doing.

The few episodes I've seen have been very strong. I'm definitely looking forward to discovering the inner workings of their society.

It takes its time at first but as more layers of mystery get peeled away, the pacing picks up too.

.. b-b-but how else would you watch Nanoha?

Nanoha ViVid 5
Nanoha and Fate stay back after practice under the pretext of "finishing up training", for some time alone together. Even Caro and Erio a know they're off flying together. Then rather than join the others for/after dinner, they continue to spend the night together.

That's episode 5 in a nutshell right? The how-gay-can-we-make-them-without-explicitly-confirming-their-relationship show. Not much else to see. Vivio and Einhart are no Nanoha and Fate. =/

Not yet anyway.

I'm enjoying the bits of yuri in Re-kan but I was not aware of show by rock. I'll give it a watch.

I hope so...

Thanks. I see that you're already in the pocky club.

I basically only spend my vacation leave to go see Kajiura/FJ/Kalafina nowadays (6 concerts in June!). My life is now just kajiura and yuri (and gaming I suppose).

Man thats some life! What sort of work do you do?

Her best OST is from a videogame, though ;o

https://youtu.be/xiTCqbzT4SQ

Pretty much everything Yuki does is amazing.

Mabufu

Banned
Myth: the "new animation" of Haruhi in 2009 wasn't promoted. There was suddenly a new episode out of nowhere.
Reality: There were several magazines promoting the new series and pointing out that there were 28 episodes from the very beginning. Since these were in Japanese, most western fans were ignorant of these resources and chose to believe the myth instead.

Endless Eight was literally the only solution to the issue of removing 7 episodes. Tanigawa wasn't capable of writing new episodes and there wasn't any stock stories left to animate. The production committee had already pledged funds and made plans for other things (discs, music discs, related print publications, etc), so there had to be 14 episodes made. It was a decision by all involved (Kadokawa's producer Ito, director Ishihara, series director Takemoto, original author/series composition assistant Tanigawa), so blaming "KyoAni" for it is pure ignorance of the situation. It was all a big promotion leading up to the movie which was released 5 months later.

Relax : D
I'm not sure how you got all that info, I never read it anywhere, and I did read a lot of things about Haruhi.

Not everyone is obligated to know the details about all that stuff.

Mendrox

Really strange thing about that myth, because I 100% remember that people were surprised on the internet about these new episodes. I also know that there were magazines with new episode titles etc. and people thought that KyoAni were trolling. Then suddenly Super Driver etc. and a new episode aired, but it sure was a surprise, because there wasn't any obvious promotion weeks before like for other anime.

They just went "hey season 1 got more episodes in this rerun!" and people were like "lol wut" Doesn't really help that they also made a new OP.

It was just really sudden back then and there was no real advertising for it. I just reread my posts and etc. on animesuki and people were confused.

I just cannot believe that the whole fucking internet (and also 2chan/4chan) didn't notice all these so called promotions in magazines. Everybody was confused that there were new episodes in the timeslot listings, but everybody was still surprised to see more season 1 episodes.

Edit:

Promoting new episodes with articles etc. is different than time slot listings in magazines... If there was any promotion before the new episode, please send me the articles or anything else.

Theonik

Iconic Field is utter trash, as a short. They creators made the decision that some other short creators also embraced - rather than actually write a proper short they just pulled a highlight reel of scenes from a series/movie that doesn't actually exist and then slapped it all together. It's pretty dumb.
Coming soon to a crowdfunding site near you.

VRMN

I mean, there were other stories to animate that to this day remain unanimated, but they're either manga-original or take place chronologically after the events of Disappearance, so they were unappetizing solutions considering the new job of the series was to promote Disappearance. Endless Eight was not the only solution, but the whole thing was a result of the plans for the "second season" being abruptly changed.

It would still probably have been better to do that, though, because the result of the Endless Eight fiasco (and it was a fiasco, because obviously even with the chronological airing it was two months of the same basic episode) was a deflating of the burgeoning Haruhi empire. I know people who loved the first series and to this day haven't watched Sighs or Disappearance because they dropped the show mid-Endless Eight.

Yes, there were reasons, but the core reason was Kadokawa wanted Disappearance to be a movie and made that decision after a season two with it at its core was already too deep into planning to make the new season seven extra episodes instead of fourteen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, there were other stories to animate that to this day remain unanimated, but they're either manga-original or take place chronologically after the events of Disappearance, so they were unappetizing solutions considering the new job of the series was to promote Disappearance. Endless Eight was not the only solution, but the whole thing was a result of the plans for the "second season" being abruptly changed.

It would still probably have been better to do that, though, because the result of the Endless Eight fiasco (and it was a fiasco, because obviously even with the chronological airing it was two months of the same basic episode) was a deflating of the burgeoning Haruhi empire. I know people who loved the first series and to this day haven't watched Sighs or Disappearance because they dropped the show mid-Endless Eight.

Yes, there were reasons, but the core reason was Kadokawa wanted Disappearance to be a movie and made that decision after a season two with it at its core was already too deep into planning to make the new season seven extra episodes instead of fourteen.
I admire the chance they took with Endless Eight because Haruhi is probably the only show that could even have attempted something as high concept as a time loop in this manner. In 2014 terms, I suppose it's the equivalent of calling your fans a shit of shit-eaters. lol

How does that happen though? You would think they would have seen that they didn't have enough material to adapt in the first place. I'd like to think that Endless Eight was more than just a happy accident anyway.

As for whether or not it was known, the gimmick of airing the new episodes in with the old had to be at least intended as a surprise... but I want to believe that because it ties into my belief that Haruhi S2 was produced and aired with a specific intent.

VRMN

For the record, unanimated Haruhi stories that existed in print as of 2008:

Snowy Mountain Syndrome
Love at First Sight
Where did the Cat Go?
The Melancholy of Mikuru Asahina
The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya
Editor in Chief, Full Speed Ahead!
Wandering Shadow
The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya

Basically all the books before Surprise existed in Japan as of 2008, when planning would have been underway, with the last one, Dissociation, being published in 2007. There were other stories to animate. But if you were trying to lead into Disappearance, your hands would have been tied. If it were me I'd probably have made Disappearance a TV arc...and made Intrigues the film.

Really strange thing about that myth, because I 100% remember that people were surprised on the internet about these new episodes. I also know that there were magazines with new episode titles etc. and people thought that KyoAni were trolling. Then suddenly Super Driver etc. and a new episode aired, but it sure was a surprise, because there wasn't any obvious promotion weeks before like for other anime.

They just went "hey season 1 got more episodes in this rerun!" and people were like "lol wut" Doesn't really help that they also made a new OP.

It was just really sudden back then and there was no real advertising for it. I just reread my posts and etc. on animesuki and people were confused.

I just cannot believe that the whole fucking internet (and also 2chan/4chan) didn't notice all these so called promotions in magazines. Everybody was confused that there were new episodes in the timeslot listings, but everybody was still surprised to see more season 1 episodes.

Edit:

Promoting new episodes with articles etc. is different than time slot listings in magazines... If there was any promotion before the new episode, please send me the articles or anything else.

What I meant by that myth is the concept that got around where "the series started re-running randomly one day without notice!" when there was an interview in Newtype's March issue with Takemoto regarding the second season. Newtype, as well as the airing of the Munto TV series, announced the re-airing nearly 2 months in advance.

You are correct that no one knew about the new episodes before the title leak of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody or how it was going to be structured. My post was only to combat the myth I just explained.

Edit. The 2ch Haruhi wiki had great coverage of everything published at that time and a good summary of the events leading up to April 2009.

Mendrox

What I meant by that myth is the concept that got around where "the series started re-running randomly one day without notice!" when there was an interview in Newtype's March issue with Takemoto regarding the second season. Newtype, as well as the airing of the Munto TV series, announced the re-airing nearly 2 months in advance.

You are correct that no one knew about the new episodes before the title leak of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody or how it was going to be structured. My post was only to combat the myth I just explained.

Edit. The 2ch Haruhi wiki had great coverage of everything published at that time and a good summary of the events leading up to April 2009.

Nobody said that they were surprised that the series got a rerun... everyone was surprised because the episode listings in the magazines were true after all and that also there was a new opening. It was typical to think that KyoAni could be trolling because it was fucking Haruhi. It was confusing in the initial run and even more with the rerun.

Animator Expo #21 - Iconic Field

I agree with duckroll with this one, I liked the look of this. Very 90s, but because it is so 90s, I probably wouldn't want to watch any more of it. Not a fan of black slate mecha protags and incomprehensible dialogue.

Duel pilots was a nice twist though.

Clov

Ladies vs Butlers? Scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

As expected of Media Blasters. I'm amazed that they're still around. Part of me thinks that they continue to exist so that when someone tells me that Sentai is the worst anime licensor I can say, "You've got that wrong! Remember Media Blasters?"

Midonin

Maoyuu 01-03

And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

This is extremely petty, but the reason why I didn't watch this when it originally aired - it wasn't that long ago - was because after Humanity Has Declined, I wasn't in the mood for another series with characters that lacked proper names. I still want to give them names in my own headcanon (The Demon Queen is "Ruby", I'd like to think), but that's not going to offer much in the way of discussion.

So the old Dragon Quest hero and demon king chestnut. So familiar, yet so malleable. This combination has been working in retail in their world and ours, living in modern suburbia, wanting to be a good guy at a magical school and wanting to be a sexually harassing douchebag, also at a magical school. This Hero is a little doofier and more kindhearted, about what one would expect of an anime hero - I mean that in a good way.

As for the Demon Queen, she has huge tracts of land. No, really. Growing potatoes and turnips and all sorts of things in those. Though they're only related by theme and director (and main actors), it provides a nice change in dynamic from S&W, where Lawrence knew more about economics, but here, it's the Queen who's in charge.

The series in some ways calls to mind the questions of peace brought up in other series like Chaika, except instead of war being restarted, there's a damn earnest effort to end it. It's not easy, but I'll take that idealistic dream. The more overt fantasy elements - and the more overt anime elements, like Ruby/the Queen snuggling with the a body pillow before body pillows were invented - make me a little more engaged with it than I was during S&W, especially its second season. Even if the characters don't have names, they certainly have a lot of personality - and I swear I heard the Mage say "Ultra Happy" in the first episode (given her VA) is one of those things a VA enthusiast like myself likes.

I like what I see thus far.

SNAFU2 Ep6

Another great episode. Loved how at the
student council meeting, everyone was so serious yet
nothing was said, everything was:
vXhZUQQ.gif

Lmao that was a great part.
"Preach what?"

It's interesting that things have clearly changed in the club room. Yukino is deliberately forcing a smile and doesn't really seem to have come to terms with Hachiman. I'm getting kinda tired of that girl from the middle school though, she's annoying and rude as hell. Isshiki is a really fun character for Hachiman to play off of and it's cool to see more of their interactions.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 1:
This show is pretty fun right off the bat, with some sweet moments mixed in along with it. Sakura's facial expressions are hilarious, and it's pretty funny when the characters seem to constantly be talking at cross purposes. The setup is pretty weird, but it seems rife for comedy potential. This definitely seems like something that will be a joy to watch.

Cornbread78

Your Lie in April, ep. 1-10:
I wanted to watch something new today, I've seen this one pop up a lot over the past few months, so I decided to throw it on and wow, this show is pretty damn intense. I was never a musician but I understood a majority of the references presented. It's the same themes that we hear from all musicians. It's about putting your heart and soul into your music; your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings, your reactions, everything that makes you a person and what you believe should be reflected in your music. Even when you go off of a score sheet, you still have to translate that either verbally or through your instrument. Music is an outstanding way to evoke emotions, it can make you happy, it can make you sad, it can piss you off, or it can just put your mind at ease. Classical music is the foundation of all music and the godfather of evoking emotion; it's yup to the listener to interpret those sounds and react to it. This show is nailing that theme and I can't wait to watch more.

Your Lie in April, ep. 1-10:
I wanted to watch something new today, I've seen this one pop up a lot over the past few months, so I decided to throw it on and wow, this show is pretty damn intense. I was never a musician but I understood a majority of the references presented. It's the same themes that we hear from all musicians. It's about putting your heart and soul into your music; your thoughts, your emotions, your feelings, your reactions, everything that makes you a person and what you believe should be reflected in your music. Even when you go off of a score sheet, you still have to translate that either verbally or through your instrument. Music is an outstanding way to evoke emotions, it can make you happy, it can make you sad, it can piss you off, or it can just put your mind at ease. Classical music is the foundation of all music and the godfather of evoking emotion; it's yup to the listener to interpret those sounds and react to it. This show is nailing that theme and I can't wait to watch more.
Oh man that show was soooo good. Another good "feels" show.

I just finished episode 14 of Clannad, very touching arc.
The suitcase finding its way to Kotomi with the birthday present at the end gave me major feels.

The last three codes I posted here were redeemed, so I figured I should post anymore I get. Here are two codes for Crunchyroll Premium+ Guest Pass - 48 Hours. Quote this post to see the codes.

- Expires July 2nd

- Expires August 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom